• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Sharla in Japan

5987 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How does she manage to even make cats boring?! That's some special skill :alpacabored:

Edited by papercrane

Posted (edited)

ive found rachel and jun's segments with their cats to be adorable and entertaining (from what i remember in the past, havent checked out their videos in a little while). i havent watched sharlas vlogs in a long time. what makes her filming her cats so fucking boring is its just her repeating her cats names and asking them the same questions like a billion times in a row, with her monotone voice, with no background music, and barely any cuts so she just drags out videos for ages while the cats doing little to nothing. her cats are cute, but her voice and lack of any special/good editing makes it boring (even her content overall).  i used to really like sharlas channels but she has gotten really lazy in the past year or two that ive lost interest. you can almost hear crickets chirp in the background of every video. i choose to watch taylors videos over sharlas, and that says a lot lmao.

Edited by nana_
added something

Posted

Okay here’s day 8 or if it’s anythinh like the first week cafe 8

Posted

Okay here’s day 8 or if it’s anythinh like the first week cafe 8

So... mail opening took up half the 17 minute video. And then she just showed the location of the bonenkai and her friend opening his birthday gifts. And no actual footage of the bonenkai started until 15 minutes in. Literally only two minutes of this video were at the bonenkai. I'm so done with Sharla.

Posted

They need patrein to 'support their family' and 'buy him a new Laptop for cat videos' but at the same time he owns a f*cking LV Speedy? :alpacabored:

Priorities i guess ...

All the while she posts cat videos without issues on her own channel. lol
Again, why do they need a new computer for cat videos?
Can't they share a computer? Can't he use his gaming one?
I use my husband's gaming computer for editing the photos I take. And sometimes videos I take too.

Why can't he use his own?

Posted

They need patrein to 'support their family' and 'buy him a new Laptop for cat videos' but at the same time he owns a f*cking LV Speedy? :alpacabored:

Priorities i guess ...

I guess 'supporting family' means going to cafes every single day - that's like a vital necessity9_9

Posted

She really needs to learn how to use the new camera, the focus is out of control in her old camera, is very annoying, and that is what she is using to film the videos right now because she doesn't like how things look with the new camera. I hope she didn't buy the wrong camera for her needs.

Posted

I've just watched the first part of Megan's vlog video (she also makes annoying/boring videos, so I stopped), but did anyone notice that Sharla looks older? You can actually see a wrinkle beetween her eyebrows O.o

Posted

I don't think I can watch her anymore since she moved to Korea. In Japan her videos could be interesting. But her videos in Korea feel repetitive. It's like she just copied what other, better youtubers in Korea have done.

She has a nice personality, but I'm so tired of youtubers in Korea making vlogs about their trips to cafes.

Do they not realize that going to a cafe is only interesting to them? It's not interesting to other people. Unless I'm living there and can visit the cafe, it's really really boring to watch. 

Cafes are better for photos than for vlogs. I think Chonunmigooksaram wisened up about that, because her videos lately have been fun to watch. 

But Sharla? Well I hope she does read this forum, because maybe she'll learn that cafes don't make good videos.

Posted

I've just watched the first part of Megan's vlog video (she also makes annoying/boring videos, so I stopped), but did anyone notice that Sharla looks older? You can actually see a wrinkle beetween her eyebrows O.o

Yes! I was thinking the same lol. She looks a lot older in Megan's video. Older than her age even

IMG_20171209_191937.thumb.jpg.54a8db3fb3IMG_20171209_191856.thumb.jpg.1724378ee7IMG_20171209_191824.thumb.jpg.1d35f93447IMG_20171209_191841.thumb.jpg.8b081df05f
It's crazy what angles/lighting etc can do. Idk if it's because I'm used to how she looks in her and Taylor's videos but if I didn't know her age I would think she was in her mid thirties. I wonder if she looks better or worse irl  

Posted

So her last video was just a cat video with a dash of Korean tossed in.  I though Maro had his own channel for that. Her cats are cute, but not enough for that many minutes.  

What's the point of having a channel for you cats if you're going to put them that much on your vlog anyway?  

Related image

Why doesn't she try, this is killing me. You have a channel for your cats, you can use that to post literally all the pointless cat's you want. There's literally no limit, because it's a cat channel. All the single cat mothers will love it. POST IT THERE

Why is she so lazy my god.

Posted

All the while she posts cat videos without issues on her own channel. lolAgain, why do they need a new computer for cat videos?
Can't they share a computer? Can't he use his gaming one?
I use my husband's gaming computer for editing the photos I take. And sometimes videos I take too.

Why can't he use his own?

I said that a few pages back lol. They both should just use his computer for editing if literally that’s all they will do on it is game and edit.

Posted

It's crazy what angles/lighting etc can do. Idk if it's because I'm used to how she looks in her and Taylor's videos but if I didn't know her age I would think she was in her mid thirties. I wonder if she looks better or worse irl  

Granted this was a few years back at this point, but I happened to pass her and that bigger guy she used to sometimes hang out with at Nakano maybe three years ago (not 100% certain on the date) and I was shocked how much better she looked on camera even back then. Her makeup was super cakey and she just looked kind of haggard. Granted, maybe she really was tired. But I also think maybe it didn't occur to her that slathering your face with a whole bottle of foundation might look good when you're on camera but it's pretty "yikes!" in person. So I would assume it's just gotten worse now if it's even becoming more visible on camera.

Posted

Posted

Confirmed she is moving there in February and she doesn’t like green tiles

though she did mention Ondal floors which is a plus