• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Sharla in Japan

5888 posts in this topic

Posted

^Agreed. This isn't redecorating and DEFINITELY NOT a makeover. Makes me squirm. Nothing changed except she bought a couple things. Makeover would mean the entire room changing. It's just another buzzword for clicks and views. 

Posted

Does "room makeover" now means cleaning and adding several new non-furniture things? 

Clickbait epidemic IN JAPAN continues... :notimp:

Posted

Does "room makeover" now means cleaning and adding several new non-furniture things? 

Word. Pisses me off when people ask me to do room makeover free of charge and get pissed when I give them an actual makeover. If people want details added then sure, say that, BUT IT JUST AINT A FUCKING MAKOVER AND IF YOU COMPLAIN I WILL CHARGE TWICE AS MUCH FOR TAKING TWICE MY TIME.

Posted

The video is more of a room update/ decluttering. I cringe at the mattress on the floor because that is an easy way to get mold.

Posted

I don't see it as a makeover and the changes wasn't that wow all she did was clean, throw few things away and add some small things . Instead of "My Bedroom Makeover" she should had called it "Cleaning My Bedroom", which it was very messy and nasty. And don't get me wrong I don't dislike her, is just this was a really pointless video, it was all just to promote her new mattress.

P.S. She should do a "makeover" to her kitchen, that shit is messy af.

Posted (edited)

P.S. She should do a "makeover" to her kitchen, that shit is messy af.

This.  The whole house.  Shit, bring Taylor in, make a video of it.  

My house isn't pristine, but I don't vlog in it either.

I guess I just liked the idea that she cleaned, but I agree with everyone else about it being click baity

Edited by ILoveMikan
wanted to add more

Posted

Yesss, I've always thought their kitchen needs some cleaning, but I think she will do it eventually. I mean she did promise to show us her whole house when they've done all preparations. Idk.
But because I like Sharla, I really didn't feel like this was clickbait, lol. Stupid me.

I just can't help to wonder is it really that comfortable to sleep there. You will definitely hit your head and I'm interested knowing do you have to crawl over your partner if you sleep next to wall. 

Posted

I liked this video! It been a while since I actually sat down and watched a video from start to finish without stopping. I like remodeling room videos! It gives me an idea on what I want to do with my own room. It wasn't much of a make over but I think it still looked nice :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

I guess Sharla cares more about her cats than her husband. Just count how many times she said cats in the video. She mentioned her husband once on twice only. She also put up a board with pictures of her friends and TWO photos of GD, while there was only one photo where I think KS is on because it's tiny. And I don't think she's gonna add any later because board has been arranged already (she could put the photo, but blur the face if that was the issue, which I doubt). Sharla considers room basically her own and cats' because other than a couple shirts hanging in the beginning there are no traces of KS's existance. Everything is about Sharla.

This also wasn't much of a makeover, it was her mainly cleaning up and putting in a mattress.

(Oh yeah, she also left an entire top bunk which I'm sure they will bang their heads on, just for the cats.)

That's what I was thinking when I saw the room. There really was next to no traces of her husband in that room. Just all of her own stuff and cat junk. I don't really watch much of Sharla's content (I see enough of her with Taylor R) but is there anymore to their apartment? Small living room/kitchen, hallway and etc? Because if there is she could of did more with that space.

She could have did a "real" room makeover by getting rid of the bunk bed frame and just getting a regular bed frame to fit the mattress. I know a lot of places aren't wild about putting holes in the walls, but there are ways to utilize the wall space above the bed without drilling holes. Plus during this video I kept cringing at the fact that she included the cats walking all over everything while cleaning, only to clean it again after leaving trails of hair. 

Again, I haven't watched most of her vids so I don't know how much space she has to work with. But if she does have a little more space outside of the room, there's nothing wrong with making a little space for the cats out there for them to hang out in. Especially if the humans want a little quality time together or cat free sleep.

Posted (edited)

She's not kidding about the thing being heavy.  I got to wear one of those once.  I felt like I was putting on battle armor.  They're baking hot and so heavy.  Although Sharla's was a little different from what I wore.  They let her pick the kimonos?  

I was very surprised by that.  The one I wore was similar to what the Japanese royal family might wear and it had a specific set of layered kimonos.  Hers seemed already sewn into one base kimono if I understood correctly.  The traditional one I wore had you put on all 12 layers one by one and they came as a carefully selected set.  I guess this is more for the tourists.  It's still a really cool thing to try.  

I still can't figure out how any could stand to wear them outside the middle of winter.  It's a great work out to walk in them.  Kudos to Sharla for not turning into a puddle of melted Canadian.  

I'm so jealous she went to where they filmed Chihafuyura.  I love that comic book and show.  It's made karuta into a popular sport in Japan).  

Edited by All Over The World

Posted (edited)

Can somebody explain that O.o

Screenshot_20171010-194317.png

Edited by bunnynator

Posted

TMI 

Posted

At least she brings her own toothbrush when she's staying at Taylor's, I guess.

Posted

wtf???? how could that even like happen...

Posted

If they had the same toothbrush it could happen.. or if he was piss tired and just grabbed one without thinking