• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Sharla in Japan

2392 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, but the one about Japan a) has no passion anymore and b) rarely gets updated.

There is no deny that her main channel is "dead" my reply was aimed to someone that thinks  (or seems that way to me) she has only one channel and she started with videos about Japan and changed her channel to vlogs, that is no what happen, she has two very distinctive channels with different content.

I wonder how she makes decisions regarding her editing. The reaction video was very odd from my perspective because:
1. We can't even see what she's watching so without being able to make that connection there's literally no context to her reactions so it gets quite boring pretty quickly
2. The video is called MV reaction but she only starts reacting after 3 minutes. The first 3 minutes are just her downloading the video. Why? If a video is titled '**** MV reaction', the content people are expecting is just that: the reaction to the MV, not 3 minutes of downloading the video then seeing her mildly react to something we can't even see.
3. I couldn't watch the whole video so I quickly went through the reaction segment of it and I'm wondering why she bothered making that video. She didn't have any crazy reaction, any funny reaction, any surprising reaction. She just watched something, stayed silent and commented on the dude's look every now and then.

I'm not sure that vlogust thing was a good idea if in the end she just uploads very low quality content. I understand that she couldn't show the music video since it's an exclusive thing but then what's the point of making a reaction video to it? She doesn't have to, no one is forcing her to do it. She could have chosen to react to something that's available to everyone so that people can actually relate or something.

Also, on another note, not only is the video very disappointing but the comment section of that video is a cringefest too. It's filled with people calling her or other commenters names because she uploaded something involving GD's super exclusive project even though that song is literally available on Spotify.

I agree with this, the video as a reaction video is a total failure. I guess she was excited about it and thought it was a good idea to make a reaction video, but hardly she is reacting to the music video. Already is a bad idea to react to something you can't show on screen but also something a very limited amount of people can watch due the nature of how the video was released.

The comment section was full of idiots accusing her of doing something illegal when she did nothing wrong, just fanboys thinking she uploaded the music video. She deleted plenty of comments.

Posted

Her Japan channel is light years better than the vlog channel, she usually puts so much effort in those videos and they show interesting stuff. Whereas her vlog channel only copies Taylor and consists of strange/pointless content. 

I don't know if I would still call her Japan channel better than her vlog channel. I was a huge fan of Sharla's videos and I'm still subbed to her main channel because those videos WERE great. But all those recent videos really dropped in quality. They're more like vlogs than the informative, pretty videos she did. Especially the Disney Sea video bothered me because I've been there twice and she hardly showed anything interesting nor did she give infos, only put it on her main channel because she hadn't been there before because the quality really wasn't great either and even though it was a date they did nothing to differentiate the video from other jvloggers. Not gonna comment on the weird stuff video, that's obviously inspired by Taylor, but the other recent videos just really lacked any passion and motivation to me, compared to her old videos.

Screenshot_2017-08-19-06-19-14.png

Posted

I don't understand what's wrong with collecting stuffed animals at her age. She likes them. It's not like she's decorating her home with fisher-price toys.

Other people collect coke products, figurinesn stamps, beanie babies... I dont see the issue with her collecting plushies and cat items.

If you're referring to my post, really, that wasn't my point.

She can decorate her room with whatever she wants! (I even admitted to owning plushies myself, in case that seemed judgemental)

My point is that this situation is getting very stale! When the things you love become everything you show on your videos, the content quality will most likely go down.

If you say Sharla, these things come to mind:

Cats, pokemon, tea, plushies. 

And it's getting very repetitive. To me at least. We're all entitled to our opinions.:alpacaheadshake:

Posted

If you're referring to my post, really, that wasn't my point.

She can decorate her room with whatever she wants! (I even admitted to owning plushies myself, in case that seemed judgemental)

My point is that this situation is getting very stale! When the things you love become everything you show on your videos, the content quality will most likely go down.

If you say Sharla, these things come to mind:

Cats, pokemon, tea, plushies. 

And it's getting very repetitive. To me at least. We're all entitled to our opinions.:alpacaheadshake:

^  Exactly ^  

Just to add to things.  I think Sharla can do what she wants with her personal life.  What is being critiqued here are her videos and her presentation.  She puts these aspects of her life on camera as part of her videos.  Like any TV show or book or whatever, we'll judge the content.  

I guess PULL sometimes acts like Rotten Tomatoes, but for jvloggers, kvloggers, and the like.  

If you watch a show that day after day presents the same storyline, it gets old.  People get picky they want something new without changing the formula.  (Look at Dr. Who)  

It would be nice to see Sharla as she used to be when Japan excited her.    Or at least to see her channel mature and become something more professional like Abroad in Japan's or Jun's Kitchen.  

Posted

I agree with this, the video as a reaction video is a total failure. I guess she was excited about it and thought it was a good idea to make a reaction video, but hardly she is reacting to the music video. Already is a bad idea to react to something you can't show on screen but also something a very limited amount of people can watch due the nature of how the video was released.

I actually feel like she just made this because she's trying to do daily vlogs this month and is kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to film because she's boring. 

Posted

Sharla finally gets to go to a summer festival~ But the vid starts with Sharla filming Maro getting a bath from the worst angles...And then she tries to buy the remastered Sonic game, but her VISA card was getting rejected.

Actual matsuri footage starts at ~7:30 & ends ~10:52... the vid is only 13 1/2 minutes long tho.

Posted

i dont think sharla is necessarily a bad person besides hearing shes a mooch?? ive seen a lot ppl like taylor and her hungarian friend (i forgot her name already lmao) do stuff in return for her kindness and stuff and ive never seen her do stuff in return??? maybe she just does it off camera idk i think her voice is rlly nice so i have her videos playing in the background bc i prefer hearing ppl talk instead of music but i can see where the boring video ideas are coming from especially the vlogs sometimes i would try to be invested in her vlogs just so that i can watch smth but like 4 min in i just want to go back to another tab to do smth else and have her voice in the bg again nmbvghjhkjaskdas i dunno i dont really care anymore but i do think shes p mature in her actions and honest and whatever i hope she does something thats worth watching soon tho : /