• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Sharla in Japan

5930 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I'm new here, but I have read posts on this forum a few times in the past. I used to watch a lot of videos from these "Japanese vloggers", but now I'm getting these disturbing feelings about them. I mean besides the overly optimistic, positive, and fake internet personas created to make themselves look friendly and relatable. It seems there's also a lot of shady scandals bts as well. I mean most of them are more like co-workers rather than good friends in private. I still regularly watch onlyinjapan since he don't talk about his personal life and only here to provide info. I think rachel and jun might be still one of the more genuine j-vloggers out there though.

Anyway, I haven't watch sharla's vids in a while since they're boring nowadays. I guess it's because she got some job as a translator on movie sets now. It seems sharla have been hanging out with this taylor r a lot. They both seems to be engage to a non-Japanese Asian boyfriends.

Posted

Longtime lurker. I just can't with Sharla anymore. I tried giving her channel the benefit of the doubt, thinking she was just going through a slump. After looking at her recent Instagram posts, though, I have to agree she's sooooo boring. The photos from that shoot she did were nice, but that pic of her playing Pokemon go artistically was an eye roller. 

Also, her " new" hairstyle (same ol' lightening and extensions)..... I wish she'd put that much effort into other aspects of her appearance. I wish Bronwyn would style her, she has the cutest outfits. Just anything else besides effing hoodies and ripped jeans. 

Posted

Her videos have become incredibly bland, to the point I unsubscribed because I can't take the vegan food/look at what I bought/look at my cats anymore. Maybe if she did a series on amateur vegan cooking or trying new recipes, and dropped the boring vlogs she's been doing it could be interesting, but she's getting the views and probably doesn't see a reason to change. 

As a couple people have pointed out she's lost that spark that people initially have when Japan is new and wonderful. Now I think it's just the place she lives and she's trying too hard to make it interesting 

Posted

I wonder what her stylist thinks about her coming in every other month to change what he just did.  I don't understand how she literally gets bored of her hairstyle in like a month.  I also find it odd she used talk so much about how she loves wigs, but I haven't seen her wear one in god knows when.

Posted

I wonder what her stylist thinks about her coming in every other month to change what he just did.  I don't understand how she literally gets bored of her hairstyle in like a month.  I also find it odd she used talk so much about how she loves wigs, but I haven't seen her wear one in god knows when.

Probably because nobody has sponsored her and sent her any... >> but silly me, I forgot she doesn't stoop that low to doing sponsored videos.

For real though, I know wigs can be pretty pricey but it would probably be cheaper than going to the salon every other week to get her hair restyled.

Posted

Probably because nobody has sponsored her and sent her any... >> but silly me, I forgot she doesn't stoop that low to doing sponsored videos.

For real though, I know wigs can be pretty pricey but it would probably be cheaper than going to the salon every other week to get her hair restyled.

I wonder if she actually doesn't even like wigs and was just saying that for the videos.  I know she already owns at least 10 wigs or more but never seems to wear them in her daily life.

Posted

I wonder if she actually doesn't even like wigs and was just saying that for the videos.  I know she already owns at least 10 wigs or more but never seems to wear them in her daily life.

That's a really good point actually. I remember a long time ago about how she said she loved wigs etc but they were usually too heavy/hot to wear during the summer (which is a valid point). But then she just... never wore them again. Kinda weird if she spent money on them and just never wore them again.

Posted

That's a really good point actually. I remember a long time ago about how she said she loved wigs etc but they were usually too heavy/hot to wear during the summer (which is a valid point). But then she just... never wore them again. Kinda weird if she spent money on them and just never wore them again.

That is IF she actually spent money on them. Maybe someone sent the wigs to her,  and she doesn't consider such stuff 'sponsored' so she didn't say it, but she decided  that it would be 'nice' to show them in a video, like she did in that other totally-not-sponsored video:hmm:

Posted

Longtime lurker. I just can't with Sharla anymore. I tried giving her channel the benefit of the doubt, thinking she was just going through a slump. After looking at her recent Instagram posts, though, I have to agree she's sooooo boring. The photos from that shoot she did were nice, but that pic of her playing Pokemon go artistically was an eye roller. 

Also, her " new" hairstyle (same ol' lightening and extensions)..... I wish she'd put that much effort into other aspects of her appearance. I wish Bronwyn would style her, she has the cutest outfits. Just anything else besides effing hoodies and ripped jeans. 

I think she likes pokemon, but just don't think she love pokemon as much as people think. Well, that goes for all the pokemon go youtubers out there. It gets stale fast.  She's starting to turn her channel in to a vegan/lifestyle/fashion channel since it's easier to film than a Japan theme video. She's probably focusing on her real job nowadays. 

Posted

I get bored with my hair every couple weeks lol!! But lately I've stuck with not changing it!

Posted

I feel like this girl is everything wrong with tourists. Like it's all so in your face and frankly way to braggy. It pussed me off to see a forginer act so entitled. 

Posted

I get bored with my hair every couple weeks lol!! But lately I've stuck with not changing it!

Look at the bright side, you are saving money :D

Posted

I guess it helped with people commenting about spaying Luna -- it looks like she's gotten spayed already now. 

Posted

Oh my beckicruel. That's a name I havent heard for a while. Wonder if ee have a thread for her *searches*

Posted

Definitely kinda disappointed that the Valentine's Day vid wasn't her and keyboard-san having a romantic evening together, though I guess they both had good reasons for not being able to.  Kinda weird how indifferent her own fiancé is when it comes to Valentine's Day tho :hmm: I know it's not a special holiday in Korea but you'd think he'd at least try to better acknowledge it since he knows that his fiancée is from Canada, where Valentine's Day IS special, but that's just my opinion. 

Also that spring cleaning video was booooooring.  I was expecting her to show some of the stuff that she kept and be like "this is what my wardrobe looks like, here's this thing that I wear often, and I always wear it with this" or something like that.  All she really did is show herself throw all of her clothes on the floor and then sort them out, she didn't really do anything special.  It was kind of a pointless vid imo if she wasn't going to highlight some parts of her wardrobe (maybe she's afraid of getting roasted by PULL over the sheer amount of hoodies lmao :harharplz:)