youtube Sharla in Japan

3221 posts in this topic

Posted

Sharla in Japan

Youtube Main Channel // Second Channel // Instagram // Twitter  // Patreon

mKGU_Z16_400x400.jpg

Sharla in Japan is a Canadian YouTuber (or Jvlogger) based in Japan. She is 30 years old, married, and quit her old job to focus on YouTube full time. Now, she focuses on producing YouTube content but occasionally works as an English translator and coach to Japanese actors/actresses on movie sets. She was known as one of Mira's best friends up until the sock puppet drama occurred. 

While Sharla has not done much to warrant the title of "Snowflake" yet, there has been a lot of discussion recently about problems with her main channel, her going vegan (and her husband too) and her questionable decision to "rescue" an improperly bred kitten, among other suspect behavior. 

She is friends with other Jvloggers such as Taylor R, Kim DaoRachel and Jun, Micaela and the rest of that clique. She used to be good friends with Einshine/ShinePHD, but drifted away from him sometime before the drama with him began.

Ever since becoming very good friends with Taylor, Sharla seems to have changed her thumbnails to copy Taylor's style. Although Sharla moved to the countryside with her husband, she frequently visits Tokyo and conveniently mooches often stays with Taylor for free.

Do let me know if I missed anything or made a mistake and I'll correct it

Posted

I think it's due time. I'm not much of a follower of Sharla but it's apparent there's drama between her and her agency forcing her creative career down a path she doesn't like. Seems like something is going to boil over soon.

Posted

What she's 30? I don't follow her, but I thought she's somewhere in her 20's. Like 23 or something. 

Posted (edited)

i think i will post my old stuff from the Jvlog thread about Sharla for those who have not checked  : 

54sad2.thumb.png.a1e28a4e3cbbce23c8640a454jjgta.thumb.png.fe6eadfc5ecf8dbb95fa75

54fassdd.thumb.png.829c7c28c668b67d03064

4f4ewg.thumb.png.2d19b46479e16fcb33c7d2f

4r5wfwq2d.thumb.png.a785eb4b6468db2526db5t4dgsff.thumb.png.d93fdc745aa6f6907e21c

2dsa.thumb.png.3eaa2c376a4bb3a32d94d84bb

43afa.thumb.png.92bcbafbe9ac1eb957ddfc3634sadas.thumb.png.d2a5905e93b06b62b7e04722fs.thumb.png.c48012bdb3e0844a3b4bccad36fds.thumb.png.d2864721f32a662617a703fcd2dsa.thumb.png.c43793f54c160c75198358f834r5wfwq2d.thumb.png.32a62e8a7a53cbb7c9bb4f4ewg.thumb.png.f7db3e0978d3794dafaf38b

some other Update pictures about her : 

2dsa.thumb.png.e97381d8531bb2c2b8f5ff3fa54fassdd.thumb.png.9f94346c41ab9afe5086254jjgta.thumb.png.23fab064d53cde73fe171354sad2.thumb.png.960de2931c69286a1e98f7854twfds.thumb.png.309cd888ed90fc79d0c6b764gfd.thumb.png.4e74707bfdfbcf121a63304165fe2d.thumb.png.ecd42adc2c2357869400ab7432darfqw.thumb.png.f9c1dbc29f44274edcf0

@chuutohanpa  should i add the conversations between Mira and sharla ? the way that sharla was " manipulating " making mira look the bad guy  ? ( it can be found in lolcow website ) .

Edited by RosieRose

Posted

shtorx1.jpg

Smart decision, not only because what she said in the tweet but because she still get a small part of the profit generated by her main channel. I hope this is not one those "forced into her" videos, I enjoyed part 1 despite the click bait thumbnail she used.

Posted (edited)

30? More like early 20's and she can even sometimes pass as being in her late teens! I think her Instagram is cute.

Edited by I'myourVenus

Posted

She looks late twenties at least, Japan Times article states she was 29 in 2015. 

Yes, good decision to keep posting on her main channel, most people watch that than her second channel. That video with Baye McNeil about Racism in Japan would have done better on the main channel imo? But I can't really judge haha.

I feel like a lot of 'drama' will start to surface because Sharla is being a lot more vocal about things she is unhappy about, calling out people for being against her going vegan etc. I don't think she is a bad person but she's been trying to keep that squeaky clean image for too long like trying to be super wholesome when maybe she isn't and now things are slipping through the cracks or she is just too tired or stressed to keep up appearances any longer. 

@RosieRose I'm not sure if that would be better in the Mira thread but Sharla is also involved so you can include it since this is her thread? Just as extra info since some people were talking about it in the previous general thread anyway. 

Posted

I really wouldn't say Sharla has done anything that makes her snowflakey (even now with the "vegan drama"). I feel like her speaking about being vegan is fine, it's her lifestyle and her choice. People are making assumptions of her lifestyle (saying that she forced her fiance to eat vegan when he chose to) and being rude about her weight (saying they thought she was only that fat because she was pregnant etc. :///).

And it's not like she's literally shoving it down people's throats, she just uses a product and off-handedly comments it's vegan-friendly or cruelty-free. I remember that bullshit one of the comments on her video said: "why are you commenting it's cruelty free? it's not relevant?" Like??? Wouldn't it be nice to know your makeup products didn't test on animals? And it's not like she made a 15 minute rant about how great it is, she just said that it doesn't test on animals.

I also understand her displeasure at her agency because she's likely been forced into doing things she doesn't want to do. Isn't Victor on a break right now due to something similar? He also has two channels as well for the reason, I believe.

Posted

I like Sharla! I don't watch her every video, but I am subscribed to her. She seems nice enough on twitter and responds to a lot of her fans which is really kind.

Posted

I really wouldn't say Sharla has done anything that makes her snowflakey (even now with the "vegan drama"). I feel like her speaking about being vegan is fine, it's her lifestyle and her choice. People are making assumptions of her lifestyle (saying that she forced her fiance to eat vegan when he chose to) and being rude about her weight (saying they thought she was only that fat because she was pregnant etc. :///).

And it's not like she's literally shoving it down people's throats, she just uses a product and off-handedly comments it's vegan-friendly or cruelty-free. I remember that bullshit one of the comments on her video said: "why are you commenting it's cruelty free? it's not relevant?" Like??? Wouldn't it be nice to know your makeup products didn't test on animals? And it's not like she made a 15 minute rant about how great it is, she just said that it doesn't test on animals.

I also understand her displeasure at her agency because she's likely been forced into doing things she doesn't want to do. Isn't Victor on a break right now due to something similar? He also has two channels as well for the reason, I believe.

the thing we decided this thread due to that thing :/

there was a lot of discussion in the jvlog thread about her certain behavior such as the one you mentioned :

- vegan shade 

- make up product 

- her weight 

- this whole husband thing 

but also other stuff :

- of her manipulating Mira into making mira look bad to rachel ( despite that she showed her chat along ) but really just the fact of " manipulating one of your Closest friends "  was just too much  .

- taking advantage of the moment of her fans commenting something funny / mean to make fun off in her twitter while taking a picture while clearly that person is also her fan is just ironic ( even micaela does that ) 

and the thing is there is many jvloggers that we have been discussing lately in the thread and it felt more comfortable for us to separate them because we kept switching subjects . 

but still it disappoints me about the whole agency stuff i mean she should have been careful yet at the same time i wont blame her . 

More stuff : 

2dsa.thumb.png.62de1487d5ed56bb1030a295254fassdd.thumb.png.e1ae353e63b58f3ea5b2054jjgta.thumb.png.f0fa98bc584b666b02c5b454sad2.thumb.png.8dbad18353f4f4f082f9f6954twfds.thumb.png.83631d3164bd88ae59f0d264gfd.thumb.png.bc7a6f4eafdb53b540261462

PS she is 30 according to this : 

http://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/sharla-japan.html

Posted (edited)

Can someone explain the thing with her manipulating her friend?

Edited by I'myourVenus

Posted (edited)

Can someone explain the thing with her manipulating her friend?

it was back when sharla was a friend of Mira before this whole back stabbing thing happened ( which was back 2/3 years ago ) , i do remember sarcastic french fries did a video about this ( which was this year ) but then was removed ?even posted a picture of a drawing doodle of the "incident " i do remember it was spoken in Kanadajin3 Thread about sarcastic french fries doing a video about this  ( if i could recall all of the information i hope )  but after Mira brought the whole drama back and claiming she is not the only " back stabber here " telling that sharla was one too , she  could not bare with the thought that people think she is the only blame , for talking bad about jvloggers / friends .

( there is an Entire conversation between them pictures in Lolcow ) but the whole theory is that  sharla  " manipulate " Mira into gossip ( shit talking ) with her in order to expose her true face to Rachel , which Sharla also exposed her fake accounts that Mira told to sharla about ( they were really close friends ) .

but i forgot the reason why Sharla decided to Expose Mira to rachel because in sarcastic french fries video she mentioned it yet i dont know how to put it in words  , it was more like sharla found mira going into some phase of  " messed up deeply " with her whole fake accounts / Kath picture / back bitter  until mira is reaching a point where she is going to make herself look bad in the jvlog community so sharla was worried it may affect her so in order for sharla to escape from this she had to back stab mira and expose all the things they shared with each other that it has motivated rachel into making a video about it exposing all this , which sharla managed to escape from all this by making even more manipulative conversation with mira . 

but the thing is those are facebook conversation pictures so people are claiming that both sharla and mira could have deleted some phrases from their conversation , or that mira could have deleted some phrases in order to still make herself look like the "victim " . 

should i post the pictures here ? although they can be found in lolcow .....:anime: its too bad the video got removed but the conversation is still there .

Edited by RosieRose

Posted

So I actually quite like Sharla and her videos, but I can understand why this thread was made (sorry I was snappy earlier, I was just super pissed off at her viewer's rude comments; I totally understand her calling them out is drawing attention to herself/ the fan/ creating drama, but imo the comments are fucking brainless). Please bare that in mind that I'm largely on her side so take what I say with that knowledge.

From what I understand of the "Sharla making Miranda look bad" case was that Sharla was attempting to sever her relationship with Miranda while doing the least damage. Miranda had constantly trash talked people behind their backs (namely other jvloggers) and in those conversations, Sharla did the same/ agreed with her, and there was one where Miranda trashed Rachel to Sharla, and Sharla was "agreeing" with her while sending the conversation to Rachel simultaneously. To my knowledge, Sharla did this for many of the people Miranda trash talked.

To me, I find what Sharla did totally understandable (if they were for those reasons). Mira was talking smack behind people's back, and not just "I didn't like what [person] did today", it was shit like "haha my video was so much better than [person]'s" and Miranda even admitted to making sock puppets to trash Rachel online. Let's face it, if a person I considered my friend talked shit behind my back about me to another one of my friends, I'd hope that friend would tell me. We can also assume that Miranda was talking shit constantly, and she went so far as to create sock puppets to sabotage other jVlogger's careers in order to further her own (she usually said stuff like "this channel is bad, kanadajin3's is better!" with her puppets). The dresslink drama was an escape route for Sharla out of her toxic relationship with Mira.

The above mentioned screenshots also surfaced 2 years after the initial drama, meaning that if Sharla wanted Miranda to look bad in public, she'd have pulled them up 2 years ago, or if Miranda wanted to expose Sharla for all the stuff she did, she'd drag them up 2 years ago. Instead, at the time of the drama, Sharla just said "I've seen enough proof" and said little more, although there were rumours that she was going to take legal action. Miranda was the one that dredged this drama up from the abyss with some screenshots, but these screens shots are largely believed to have been edited to make herself look better.

Posted

that is the point i agree ,  but i also remember even sharla herself had sockpuppets ( i forgot where i read this but its somewhere in their conversation ) and that is the surprising thing mira should have posted it 2 years ago but she hasnt so yes they these images can be edited ( even if she did posted them 2 years ago people will still claim Mira edited it ) 

so these entire conversations were like Ping pong table both trying to make each other look bad but the thing is Rachel noticed that even Sharla herself wasnt innocent in this she knows even herself that how come a person try to " talk gossip " just in order to expose a person " back bitter conversation " that they both had in the past  . 

so ofc the other side has to have a guilty side in this not just mira .  but the thing is no one was clean 2 years not even sharla or rachel or anyone who ever participated in this drama   ( and maybe thats why they do not cooperate with each other ) , 

Posted (edited)

Understandable why Sharla is not friends with Mira anymore. People who constantly bash others who never did anything wrong are not only annoying, but clearly insecure. The sad part about these people is the moment they get criticized they throw fits. Probably because deep down inside they feel they are always right and have the biggest egos. But I think Sharla should have just told her, "I don't want to be friends with you anymore because you are a very toxic person". Why do all of that harm? When a friendship dies it is best to tell the person how you feel.

Edited by I'myourVenus