• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11605 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel like KubzScouts would need to stop playing in order for YanDev to realize that he needs to work on his shit game. Didn't Kub complain about the game and continue fucking playing it

Kubz's fanbase is almost entirely based on YanSim fans. For him to remain relevant, he has to post YanSim gameplay, because his youtube career has revolved around that for some time. Not only that, but if he suddenly stopped playing it, or stated that he will stop playing the game, that would probably cause more drama and probably will make everyone that was watching him pretty fucking annoyed. 

Posted (edited)

Kubz's fanbase is almost entirely based on YanSim fans. For him to remain relevant, he has to post YanSim gameplay, because his youtube career has revolved around that for some time. Not only that, but if he suddenly stopped playing it, or stated that he will stop playing the game, that would probably cause more drama and probably will make everyone that was watching him pretty fucking annoyed. 

If it ever came to that point, he shouldn't be forced to continue playing a game that has no plans of improving. A rainbow always comes after a thunderstorm. Right now, that thunderstorm needs to hit or else nothing will get done. 

The fanbase needs to realize that his content isn't all about YanSim, although I do see him getting a lot of views - or should I say the same amount of views -  on videos that aren't YanSim, so I don't know about that. 

FA4dSgK.png

In the end, it's all up to him if he wants to stop, even though he probably should if he wants to continue making YanSim content. The fans need to suck it up. Both him and Alex most likely share a fanbase. 

Edited by Priest

Posted

As someone who is a fan/subscriber of Kubz Scouts I disagree about his relevancy revolving around YanSim. I did initially discover his channel thanks to YanSim, but tons of his content over the years have gotten as many, and more views than his YanSim videos. If he stopped playing all together and didn't say anything I honestly don't think anyone would notice. In fact there was a point where he didn't upload any YanSim videos for several months, and I didn't notice at all until he brought it up in his next upload. 

And while we're on the topic of Kubz Scouts, did you see all the bugs in his latest YanSim video?!

Posted (edited)

Speaking of Jay, here's a new Yan Sim video....

Today's news on YanSim: The Basu Sisters are just exposition tools. The ''conversations'' between the sisters are so cringey. Instead of just creating a credible setting, he just have characters talk about the inconsistencies and make excuses. 
Also, what's with that spinning glitch. Smh shouldn't the dev work on actually essential stuff for his game instead of adding useless pieces of dialogue? 

Edited by may_unnie
grammar

Posted

I feel like KubzScouts would need to stop playing in order for YanDev to realize that he needs to work on his shit game. Didn't Kub complain about the game and continue fucking playing it

He seems to really not care about it anymore, just watch his recent video on it. His tone seemed like he was very annoyed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLGhyL2r58E

Posted

Gosh the thumbnails just look bad. The game looks bad. How has yandy not figured out a way to make it look at least okayish at this point? 

Posted

Why are the Basu sisters so cringy...they remind me of those kids who'd pretend they were vampires/werewolves and say shit like "humans are so weird x3". 

Posted

Why are the Basu sisters so cringy...they remind me of those kids who'd pretend they were vampires/werewolves and say shit like "humans are so weird x3". 

Because that's what Yandy thinks Succubus would act like undercover.  

Posted

scrolling through the comments on his most recent YanSim videos (notably the Alphabet Killer ones) his viewers seem incredibly jaded. they trash on the game, they say that Jay is the only one keeping YanSim alive and without him nobody would actually remember the game existed, explaining to each other about Alex's predatory and gross ideas about women and sex, saying Alex is doing everything to keep Jay interested in th game, name dropping "EvaXephon"....I have never seen his comment section so inflammatory until now. It's like this year was the straw that broke the camel's back. Usually most of his comments were people giving YanSim myths or acting excited about an update. The pessimism was shocking to say the least...maybe it'll encourage Jay to actually speak up about Alex and stop playing the game until further notice, but that's wishful thinking...

below is are some screenshots from the comments I saw. warning: there's....a lot.

Screenshot_20200501-191121.thumb.jpg.6c9Screenshot_20200501-191146.thumb.jpg.678Screenshot_20200501-191215.thumb.jpg.0c6Screenshot_20200501-191229.thumb.jpg.767Screenshot_20200501-191242.thumb.jpg.ee0Screenshot_20200501-191254.thumb.jpg.5dcScreenshot_20200501-191332.thumb.jpg.5cbScreenshot_20200501-191423.thumb.jpg.686Screenshot_20200501-191442.thumb.png.336Screenshot_20200501-191501.thumb.jpg.3d0Screenshot_20200501-191532.thumb.jpg.43eScreenshot_20200501-191605.thumb.jpg.665Screenshot_20200501-191622.thumb.jpg.9afScreenshot_20200501-191637.thumb.jpg.41fScreenshot_20200501-191701.thumb.jpg.b4cScreenshot_20200501-191717.thumb.jpg.c82Screenshot_20200501-191727.thumb.jpg.797

Posted

scrolling through the comments on his most recent YanSim videos (notably the Alphabet Killer ones) his viewers seem incredibly jaded. they trash on the game, they say that Jay is the only one keeping YanSim alive and without him nobody would actually remember the game existed, explaining to each other about Alex's predatory and gross ideas about women and sex, saying Alex is doing everything to keep Jay interested in th game, name dropping "EvaXephon"....I have never seen his comment section so inflammatory until now. It's like this year was the straw that broke the camel's back. Usually most of his comments were people giving YanSim myths or acting excited about an update. The pessimism was shocking to say the least...maybe it'll encourage Jay to actually speak up about Alex and stop playing the game until further notice, but that's wishful thinking...

below is are some screenshots from the comments I saw. warning: there's....a lot.

Hidden Content

Exactly. Especially on his 'opinions on YanSim' video. People on there are more heated than anything. 

Posted

I see. Usually I would also see people genuinely write comments on new challenges, new things for him to try, jokes based on the game's content so I'm also surprised that the comment section got like this suddenly. I'm glad that there are people that genuinely watch all of his content because of him and him alone, rather than YanSim. I wish his fanbase was all like that, but unfortunely I doubt it is, considering YanDev's fangirls are brainwashed and won't even believe a 2 hour criticism video with full blown proof and just ignore it and say "it's purely his opinions and lies". Don't get me wrong, I used to watch Jay too, especially his 60 seconds challenges videos. It's undeniable tho that views spike up considerably on his YanSim vids. 

Speaking of the Basu Sisters, I'm getting kind of tired of Alex making these random convos that nobody cares about to create an actual lively school environment. Who cares about some boiler room we can't even see?? Who cares about the school being for nerds in the past?? What I think would actually make the school feel lively is hallways that don't look identical and students talking about homeworks, assignments, club things, gossiping other students, teachers (which would eventually lead up to his teacher rival thing). It's so obvious that Alex was homeschooled the way he doesn't make any of these conversations seem realistic. What student that is seriously into science would start talking about.. rumours regarding some game. Aren't those students the most detached ones from the paranormal?? From silly weeb games?? To give him the benefit of the doubt, the Basu Sisters will have 50 different convos (allegedly considering we don't even have the first rival yet but oh well).

Posted (edited)

I recall when Kokona was the placement rival and YanDev actually developed her and multiple methods of elimination. Suicide. Electrocution. Bullying. Matchmaking. Etcetera.

He was actually invested into making her even though she's Kizana with extra steps. He even gave her a little backstory.

It honestly sucks seeing what 'fame' does to people. They put shit off and claim their fans will defend them and be patient and how 'being popular is  a lot of stress'. He's lost any dedicated fans whatsoever. He needs to take criticism, hire a team or just abandon the project. It's like milking a cow who has no milk to offer. 

Please tell me why a placement rival has more potential than Osana? Just remove Osana altogether at this point. Kokona is already developed. One less rival to worry about. 

Edited by Priest

Posted

Tbh the only way YandereSim could possibly be saved (it won't, but let's imagine Alex has an epiphany) is if someone competent (in terms of coding, organisation and time management) takes the wheel and massively reduces the scope. Most of the lore added by Alex is not only edgy and cringe, it's also completely useless in terms of gameplay and just creates plot holes that break any immersion.

Abandon all the superfluous ideas like the town, the Yakuza, the Saitou family lore (ALL OF IT, BURN IT ALL) and the conspiracies. Make it what it should have been all along before Alex went insane with the fame. A normal (maybe socially awkward) high school girl falls in love with a boy, becomes a yandere, and finds original ways to get rid of people she sees as competition (don't make everyone fall for Senpai, it's cringe and the pedo implications with the teacher/ nurse are problematic). parents are not mentioned except maybe to say they're out on business trips. None of that looney tunes/ hitman bull, just make it a normal school with only plausible ways to kill for a regular student. No poison, no putting people on fire (seriously?), No kidnapping (except maybe Senpai as an ending). You can make all characters anime tropes and stick to that.

The exposition dumps in the tapes and the sisters' conversations are NOT fun. If you cannot show it, don't tell. Or make a visual novel. We could do without and lose nothing.

Posted

Tbh the only way YandereSim could possibly be saved (it won't, but let's imagine Alex has an epiphany) is if someone competent (in terms of coding, organisation and time management) takes the wheel and massively reduces the scope. Most of the lore added by Alex is not only edgy and cringe, it's also completely useless in terms of gameplay and just creates plot holes that break any immersion.

Abandon all the superfluous ideas like the town, the Yakuza, the Saitou family lore (ALL OF IT, BURN IT ALL) and the conspiracies. Make it what it should have been all along before Alex went insane with the fame. A normal (maybe socially awkward) high school girl falls in love with a boy, becomes a yandere, and finds original ways to get rid of people she sees as competition (don't make everyone fall for Senpai, it's cringe and the pedo implications with the teacher/ nurse are problematic). parents are not mentioned except maybe to say they're out on business trips. None of that looney tunes/ hitman bull, just make it a normal school with only plausible ways to kill for a regular student. No poison, no putting people on fire (seriously?), No kidnapping (except maybe Senpai as an ending). You can make all characters anime tropes and stick to that.

The exposition dumps in the tapes and the sisters' conversations are NOT fun. If you cannot show it, don't tell. Or make a visual novel. We could do without and lose nothing.

That would be great, but considering the fact that Alex said that "He doesn't want the game to be bland. He wants it to be weird, gory, graphic", which means that he thinks of his ideas as the epitome of creativity. I mean, we're talking about the guy that thinks his game will be worth $20 in the future, like c'mon. 

This is from r/Osana, a subreddit made for YanSim that has freedom of speech. 

dc58gdepwov41.thumb.png.c28027cc981d4361

Posted

LMAO just watched Kubz Scout's video and I forgot how much Yandere simulator was glitchy

I mean he earns a shit ton of money AND HE STILL GIVES HIS FANS THIS??