• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11216 posts in this topic

Posted

wow, yandev isn’t keeping yet another promise that he made to his fans? Shock of shocks!

he needs to stop with the pity party. I mean, if he’s depressed i somewhat feel for him, but it’s hard to feel sympathy for a scumbag like him. Instead of trying to manipulate his fanbase, he should just get some help. I can really see him quitting the game in the near future, it wouldn’t surprise me.

he’s fighting a losing battle, really. he’s dug himself so deep in being an ass, in arrogance, in manipulation, it would take a miracle for him to NOT have to quit the game for the sake of his mental health. not that the game would ever be finished should he push through. it’s only worse by how much money he has accumulated from this doomed project at all. i almost feel sympathy. i wouldn’t know what to do if i was him. what a disaster of a human being. 

Posted

he posted this earlier today. thoughts?

1813A848-59EF-4591-9882-2221EC6AC84C.jpeg

Such  whiny little baby. 

Posted

Is anything actually stopping him from just quitting and starting on a different game? 

If the hate for this game is so damaging to him he should just do it. Not like he or anyone can salvage that mess of stolen assets and poorly done code. 

Posted

Y'know, for a minute I did feel a teensie bit bad, because even if he is a shithead, it doesn't mean he can't be depressed, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody

But then I read this part:

5e4771c27869d_Screenshot_20200214-220823

He's just so delusional. It's like he doesn't have a single speck of self-awareness at all

It's funny how he ignores the evidence of everything and pretends his debunk page should just acquit him of all the shit he's done. Nice try YD. 

Posted

Dear Alex please don't spend your time on making that YouTube video! Work on Osana instead. You don't need to work on a video explaining the delay until march. Just work on Osana.

Also is he referring to that cum chalice gif as 'abuse'?

Y'know, for a minute I did feel a teensie bit bad, because even if he is a shithead, it doesn't mean he can't be depressed, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody

But then I read this part:

5e4771c27869d_Screenshot_20200214-220823

He's just so delusional. It's like he doesn't have a single speck of self-awareness at all

II'm actually so done with him redirecting everyone to that stupid 'debunking' page on his website when everything that stands there is just his side of the story and there is also evidence by his ex-volunteers that debunk his debunk.

Posted

Also is he referring to that cum chalice gif as 'abuse'?

i was about to bring that up. as far as we have seen, the most severe "harassment" has been people speedrubning getting banned from his server for posting cum chalice memes. at worst, it is beyond irritating and ruins your shitty discord server.

i wonder if he is just reading this and kiwifarms every day and making himself depressed because he has "so many haters ):". like if that is the case, stop fucking reading gossip forums about you if it is clearly harming your well being. 

i also wonder if kubz scout's video about how he did not really want to make an video until Osana was out got to him. Usually he plays around on the game forever but clearly he finally got bored of it and will not play it until the demo is released. That must have struck some fear of losing relevancy onto Alex...

I don't like people being suicidal or depressed but also he weaponizes it as a shield against criticism and pushes his game back when people are not kissing his ass frantically.

Posted (edited)

Mental illness can be a goddamn nightmare, and for all I criticize him on constantly delaying the game I know what it's like to be so deep in my own bullshit that I miss important deadlines. And since not everyone has access to professional help and resources, or even just a good support network, they're left just kind of having to work around these issues and hoping they can at least look like they've got their life together.

But, to reiterate what I said before: Just because someone has depression or any other illness doesn't mean all criticism of them is suddenly void. Especially not when they've hurt people. The past month with his server has been almost entirely shallow trolling, yes, and someone probably crossed a line somewhere. The past month has also had a former volunteer come forward about his refusal to properly credit artists, and he's rightfully taken shit about that, especially since he has a history of this.

He's also taken shit for habitually breaking deadline promises, stealing characters and assets from other developers, sexualizing underage characters, using professional connections solely as a way to advertise, cutting off those same connections when their programmers try to fix his mess, lashing out at critics and fans alike in public comments... and, yes, manipulating a then-14-year-old. Newsflash dude, when you already have a known history of being a creep about women and girls, some people aren't gonna easily believe your "she came onto me" claim.

I'm honestly starting to think the best outcome for everyone would be if YanDev just straight up quits working on this game and lets someone else continue it in his stead. He'd be free to focus on his health and, if he wants, pursue a fresh new project, and whatever new team got a hold of YanSim would hopefully be able to spin a decent game out of this mess. The problem with that is that a lot of people have invested money and work into this and, if no one actually did pick YanSim up, the game being abandoned would be a huge slap in the face. But I honestly don't see this ending well for them if nothing changes about how YS is currently run, either.

Also, I meant to respond to this earlier, but I couldn't think of what to say until now:

That this is actually his view on the perfect woman actually makes me question why his fanbase are mainly 14 year old tumblr girls. Thought these people hate white cis males and especially guys who think that woman have to fit that outdated gender norm of belonging in the kitchen, cleaning and looking after the kids. It's kind of pathetic that these girls praise a dude who'd literally want to put a chain on their leg and put them in the kitchen for the rest of their life. And on the opposite he screams about how his game is not for kids and how they shall not touch his game, but all of his fans are like 13 year olds. It's kind of pathetic to think of this. How the fanbase and YanDev both kind of seem to dislike each other. All YanSims fans love is the game and I figured that the fanbase is mostly about making their own stories up about it, thinking of alternate ships and alternate rivals. Even Osana x Ayano is a thing in the fandom if you look at tumblr blogs. Most fangirls seem to dislike Taro because he is boring and because they want LGBT+ ships rather than the forced creepy official ships from the game, that make any random girl, even the female teachers, fall in love with Taro just to have a new rival. It kind of makes me you feel like even the fanbase dislikes what Alex does, but they love the characters. They would probably be better off just making their own MMD videos and fanfics about the characters, making it their own AU and staying away from the actual game.

I checked off every "dumb teenager online" checkbox when I was that age, including lying about my age, letting my opinions about the world be molded by certain infamous edgy sites, and having a crush on an older man who in hindsight was likely trying to groom me (boy, doesn't that sound familiar!). I will always call myself an idiot for what I did back then*, but I'm just as angry at the people who took advantage of that.

( * To clarify, I don't blame any other person who did those same things as a teenager. I'm just naturally harsher toward myself, especially since I know what kind of thought process led me to that.)

You're correct that many fans seem to be more in love with their own interpretations of the characters than they are the characters as presented in the game. A lot of that is probably because there isn't a lot to go on for most characters right now. If someone's favorite character is Asu Rito, they have almost no official content about her as a character besides "cheerful and upbeat", "likes sports", and "likes Senpai". It's natural that headcanons end up filling in unknown information about characters. It's just that in YanSim, there is a lot of unknown information that people like to paint on.

I do think that, to a limited degree, one can try to separate a work from its creator. I put emphasis on "try" because some works are so heavily influenced by its creator's beliefs, good and bad, that they'll always have those marks on them. Yandere Simulator is one of those works, because it has Dev's thumbprints all over it. Not just the sexualization of minors, but other things like using characters as stand-ins for critics and annoying fans, or being repulsed at Yandere-kun x Taro but being open to Yandere-chan x Taeko (and Taeko with other girls), or having Taro become bitter at the women in his life depending on how rivals are eliminated. I personally can't separate him from the game, even if it ever did get taken over by someone else.

But to be fair, I've never had an emotional attachment to YanSim. I think it's easier to want to make that separation when it's a series you're invested in. I've done it for a few writers who've turned out to be assholes, taking what pieces of canon I liked and denouncing the sketchy parts. If there are fans of the game who are devoted to their own headcanons but don't excuse away the issues with its development and developer... you know, I kind of support them in that. It's good practice for developing their own creative skills and be able to write/draw the kind of characters they want to be. I'm just more worried about those that don't see anything wrong with YanDev's actions; I can't help but see my younger self in them.

Edited by Wiegenlied

Posted

I knew he was lying about how close to completion he was with Osana. I rolled out of my fucking chair when he started spouting that BS. The whole "poor me, being bullied" is just playing the victim card to cover up his lies. 

There's three types of lies "Lies, damn lies, and Alex."

Posted

i was about to bring that up. as far as we have seen, the most severe "harassment" has been people speedrubning getting banned from his server for posting cum chalice memes. at worst, it is beyond irritating and ruins your shitty discord server.

i wonder if he is just reading this and kiwifarms every day and making himself depressed because he has "so many haters ):". like if that is the case, stop fucking reading gossip forums about you if it is clearly harming your well being. 

i also wonder if kubz scout's video about how he did not really want to make an video until Osana was out got to him. Usually he plays around on the game forever but clearly he finally got bored of it and will not play it until the demo is released. That must have struck some fear of losing relevancy onto Alex...

I don't like people being suicidal or depressed but also he weaponizes it as a shield against criticism and pushes his game back when people are not kissing his ass frantically.

His fans on a subreddit are defending him using suicide and it just makes me sad that they can't just see it as a weapon which is a really good word to use. 

Posted (edited)

Since he brings up his hate and shame video and I recently recalled the events that led to that video by coincidence, I noticed that even tho most of us probably already forgot about it that there was evidence by the volunteer who was supposed to make the art for that video at first that his videos talking about his depression are scripted and put together by his volunteers and him. Even if he is depressed and we can't know if he is or not, the videos are still just a damage control stunt and I think it's justified that people will be critical of them. It doesn't mean people don't take depression for full. It just means people won't take it that he uses depression as an excuse to make scripted videos as excuse for not working on his game or for pity. Just making a blogspot entry saying 'Hey I'm currently feeling really bad, I need to take a break' would feel more genuine at this point compared to videos that are scripted for months. I'm very sorry but I can't take it for full and will have to question how much said in the video is true if he talks about his feelings in there, about how he is at a breaking point and wants support etc, if the video was put together by several people over the course of almost 4 months, with the script being remade, exchanged or renewed in the meantime. How much of that can truly be genuine or urgent? It's all just a publicity act and that's very obvious to many people. He does not understand what people truly want from him or why they are mad at him, that is why he keeps making pity videos in order to change people's opinion. But he doesn't understand that people won't change their opinion just because he carefully scripts a video about how depressed he is. If anything it shows how he actually uses the word 'depression' like a weapon to make people who are critical of him shut up. I do have respect for people who deal with actual depression and need help but whatever he is doing won't solve anything and if he's really depressed he is expressing his feelings in a very weird way that is making everyone skeptical because there is so much proof and evidence of this being scripted. All these stupid Youtube videos are not nessessary if he really wanted to express his feelings and needed a break, or wanted people to understand or approach him. If anything it is another stunt to paint himself the victim and if he is currently working on that video he wants to release in march instead of working on Osana he yet again proves that he doesn't understand what both his fans and his 'haters' demand, how he can actually fix his issues and that he is wasting even more time on his public image as the victim instead of actually taking a break if he really is depressed.

I knew he was lying about how close to completion he was with Osana. I rolled out of my fucking chair when he started spouting that BS. The whole "poor me, being bullied" is just playing the victim card to cover up his lies. 

There's three types of lies "Lies, damn lies, and Alex."

Yeah at this point I feel like all of this is just coming in handy for him. It gives him an excuse for not releasing her when really he's probably not even halfway done with Osana.

I do think that, to a limited degree, one can try to separate a work from its creator. I put emphasis on "try" because some works are so heavily influenced by its creator's beliefs, good and bad, that they'll always have those marks on them. Yandere Simulator is one of those works, because it has Dev's thumbprints all over it. Not just the sexualization of minors, but other things like using characters as stand-ins for critics and annoying fans, or being repulsed at Yandere-kun x Taro but being open to Yandere-chan x Taeko (and Taeko with other girls), or having Taro become bitter at the women in his life depending on how rivals are eliminated. I personally can't separate him from the game, even if it ever did get taken over by someone else.

Exactly. One of his biggest problems is that he showed too much of himself and his intentions so that most of us are aware that there are his kinks behind decisions in the game. If we wouldn't know who is the person behind YanSim then maybe some of us would excuse some of the weird topics in the game as being put in the game to be provocative, or because it makes the game more thrilling. Or we would dislike content from YanSim and try to ignore it, but still support the overall game. But with knowing all of Alex' kinks because he shared all this information about himself and connecting it to YanSim, a lot of things from the game just become disgusting and it's so hard or almost impossible to not have it in mind while looking at the game. Or to see it as 'Alex' weird fetish thing'.

EDIT:

Thecopperhead also wanted to approach YanDev and talk it out with him or hear his side of the story, so he asked Alex for an interview and guess who denied giving the interview because 'the interview would get twisted anyway'? Sorry, but he's not even giving people the chance to interview him or approach him unless they are his volunteers who kiss his ass.

Here's the video that includes that info by the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyEuY_ytvGo

This guy also literally paid YanDev to get into the server because of the paywall and ended up getting banned either way. So Alex is still banning people even if they support the game financially. He's just digging his own grave with his current behaviour.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

Sorry for doubleposting but I found this video and it's giving me actual excitement for the game just as years back when it YanSim was still fresh:

God, I wish that was in the real game. I would actually still look forward to it if YanDev's update videos would be like this. The sample in the video actually makes sense and it's cute how that uploader actually thought about the relationships of characters and how they would react.

Posted

Sorry for doubleposting but I found this video and it's giving me actual excitement for the game just as years back when it YanSim was still fresh:

God, I wish that was in the real game. I would actually still look forward to it if YanDev's update videos would be like this. The sample in the video actually makes sense and it's cute how that uploader actually thought about the relationships of characters and how they would react.

Okay this person is making amazing changes in the game. This is how it SHOULD have been done!

Posted

Do you know if that model he's using for Ayano is one of Alex's 'easter eggs' or if it's a custom model made by the guy in the video? I'm really liking it actually- Ayano would be way more interesting if she looked like that.

Posted

The comments on that video aren't messing around lmao

Annotation_2020-02-17_221602.thumb.png.6

Annotation_2020-02-17_221602_2.thumb.png

Annotation_2020-02-17_221602_5.thumb.png

Annotation_2020-02-17_221602_6.thumb.png