• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11216 posts in this topic

Posted

petition to call yandev from now onwards gremlin greg thanks

i honestly feel so bad for sozomaika having to deal with this manchild, god

Posted

I don't know why anyone would want to work with this manchild. Although seeing as they were a teen when they did makes a lot of sense. The younger the fans the less likely they are to see through his bullshit. I feel so bad for these volunteers. 

You know. I had a thought. These people could probably make a better game than YD Simulator...so...why not? If they really want to rub salt into wounds. 

Gremlin Greg should be glad I don't know how to code worth a damn because I would so be that petty to :3 

Posted

just two days ago one of Alex’s ex-volunteers (sozomaika) shared her experience working for him... and wow, this just shows more hard evidence of how much of a shitty asshole he is. The gas-lighting from him is seriously off the charts. :(

for context, sozomaika is the artist who made the infamous artwork of Ayano being slapped by Midori (AKA his idea of his fans who send too many emails oh woe is me~) and she also created models for yansim so that it can look more like the models in Persona.

I believe this happened 5 years ago when yandere simulator was still in its prime and nobody really knew about Alex’s true personality or work ethic back then. if sozomaika did indeed share her experience working with him back then as early as 2015-2016, then she would have most likely been extremely harassed by Alex’s edgy and pre-teen fanbase. Nobody cares about the game anymore due to the fact that the first rival hasn’t even been implemented for several years and how much the sandbox game and its developer have been exposed. 🥴

D328B432-DF88-4DDC-B7A9-48369CF80A15.jpeg

6FFBB634-86C3-43EF-B85B-C02A7526BAF6.jpeg

AFA87C8E-5F72-4D2C-958D-CE65629D647B.jpeg

2D077E58-1426-46AC-BEE9-6A3D4C61FD0F.jpeg

C94FF26B-8C13-4147-ACF3-60311C5CC3F5.jpeg

673DED7F-0CC4-410D-A958-D889AF374595.jpeg

B2F038D3-A9E1-4E7F-8810-7FE4E860360A.jpeg

I mean credit where credit's due, I like the bright noa reference, and unlike Mulberry's plagiarism at least this looks original with only similar poses but the artstyle is consistent

Posted

I don't know why anyone would want to work with this manchild. Although seeing as they were a teen when they did makes a lot of sense. The younger the fans the less likely they are to see through his bullshit. I feel so bad for these volunteers. 

You know. I had a thought. These people could probably make a better game than YD Simulator...so...why not? If they really want to rub salt into wounds. 

Gremlin Greg should be glad I don't know how to code worth a damn because I would so be that petty to :3 

All we need is a good coder tho lol

Posted (edited)

I honestly feel bad for any artist helping him out with this train wreck of a game, he is very ungrateful person when it comes to the assets (and he has been from the beginning all the way until now because he never takes any critique and never reflects on himself).
 bro, good artists work for people who will pay them. Thats why he is stuck with a tracer doing most of his art.

If anyone is curious, I can share my small interaction with him (it was in 2018).
Basically, I already knew he is a sack of shit at this point of time (Ive been reading this thread for a while), but I wanted some more clout and more possible commissions, so I had an idea to volunteer, make him few pieces and maybe get some followers out of it. I emailed him bout me wanting to work with him, linked my artstation and he got interested, liked my portfolio, and asked me to do like a "trial" art piece so that he can see if my style "fits".
So yeah, I never actually reached back to him because I was too lazy to do the trial/screening shit (which was pretty fcking demanding for some shitty indie game btw), also got a bit busy and didnt really feel like coming back to it (especially with his reputation of not crediting artists i felt its probably not worth it after all).
Anyways, his screening exists so that he can be a picky fucker and filter out whoever doesnt meet his expectations as an artist, even after already reviewing his portfolio. yeap. way to go with free volunteers yandev.
I'm not surprised when some legit game companies do screening, its perfectly reasonable, but they are going to get PAID. 

Full mail923e4fedf5.png

Edited by Geny

Posted

Using anyone else's material in a video where it is commissioned should be credited REGARDLESS if the shit game is finished or not.

Remember he's outright stolen other people's artwork that he DIDN'T comission for his videos. Remember the DLC rivals video and how he stole artwork ranging from magical girl fanart to offical Ace Attorney artwork? He just shaded it all black and called it his and claimed to be like Andy Warhol, the fucker. The original artist was pissed but basically got pressured into silence by the fanbase.

Also funny how Alex never sees how his arguments apply to himself. Why doesn't he just try to understand everyone else's logic? Why doesn't he understand other people's policies? Why doesn't he understand that he can't get his childish way all the time? What a chimp.

Posted

Not crediting anyone because credits might change is the most bullshit excuse I have ever heard. It means just changing names in the credit roll or in a blog post and that's not a lot of work, in fact it's the easiest thing you can do. He talks in the mails as if writing down credits is such a hard task that takes up so much energy of him and how people shall see his point, but he spends time writing that long stupid mail instead of just saying 'Yes I'll credit you in that post'. It would have taken less time to just mention her name. Yeah this is a bullshit excuse and I can't believe he is making up lies like this and excuses like this just to not credit the volunteers.

Posted

Not crediting anyone because credits might change is the most bullshit excuse I have ever heard. It means just changing names in the credit roll or in a blog post and that's not a lot of work, in fact it's the easiest thing you can do. He talks in the mails as if writing down credits is such a hard task that takes up so much energy of him and how people shall see his point, but he spends time writing that long stupid mail instead of just saying 'Yes I'll credit you in that post'. It would have taken less time to just mention her name. Yeah this is a bullshit excuse and I can't believe he is making up lies like this and excuses like this just to not credit the volunteers.

My theory is that he basically wants people to assume that the entire game is made by one man (him) to boost his ego LOL. Thats why he is willing to even burn bridges with amazing artists like sozomaika, he is just desperate not to credit anyone other than himself.
Its so pathetic, he should take a look at ZUN. ZUN made his games completely alone, the art in older touhou games is pretty damn bad because the poor man did everythin by himself and he wasnt a good artist lol. And ZUN found success, which he deserved. Yandev doesnt deserve shit. 

Posted (edited)

My theory is that he basically wants people to assume that the entire game is made by one man (him) to boost his ego LOL. Thats why he is willing to even burn bridges with amazing artists like sozomaika, he is just desperate not to credit anyone other than himself.
Its so pathetic, he should take a look at ZUN. ZUN made his games completely alone, the art in older touhou games is pretty damn bad because the poor man did everythin by himself and he wasnt a good artist lol. And ZUN found success, which he deserved. Yandev doesnt deserve shit. 

Yeah I agree, that he never credits gives off that vibe. And we all know he wants the fame and popularity over actually finishing his game so he probably goes for giving the impression he does everything on his own. It's just stupid of him because he literally asks for volunteers on his official website and the whole fandom basically recognises some 3D being ripped from MMD and fans are aware Ayano is a character bought into the game from a company who sells her as a character to many devs, so fans started buying her too to make their own Unity games with her. It's just sad he still goes for it when the majority of his very own fanbase can't even be fooled at this point anymore. The difference between him and ZUN is that ZUN is actually a hard-working man who wants to put out a creation for people to consume, while Alex just wants the praise and hates working for it. ZUN is being honorable and that's how he got his fans while Alex fanbase will never show him the respect, even when they kiss his ass it's just to also get popular. They will just make their own MMD and gacha content for YanSim at this point and a large part of the fanbase actually despises the Ayano x Taro ship and rather ship other characters. So that says a lot about it.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

Yeah I agree, that he never credits gives off that vibe. And we all know he wants the fame and popularity over actually finishing his game so he probably goes for giving the impression he does everything on his own. It's just stupid of him because he literally asks for volunteers on his official website and the whole fandom basically recognises some 3D being ripped from MMD and fans are aware Ayano is a character bought into the game from a company who sells her as a character to many devs, so fans started buying her too to make their own Unity games with her. It's just sad he still goes for it when the majority of his very own fanbase can't even be fooled at this point anymore. The difference between him and ZUN is that ZUN is actually a hard-working man who wants to put out a creation for people to consume, while Alex just wants the praise and hates working for it. ZUN is being honorable and that's how he got his fans while Alex fanbase will never show him the respect, even when they kiss his ass it's just to also get popular. They will just make their own MMD and gacha content for YanSim at this point and a large part of the fanbase actually despises the Ayano x Taro ship and rather ship other characters. So that says a lot about it.

Lololol remember when YanDev wanted his game to be "serious" and not a "meme game". If that's how he wants his game to be seen as then maybe not act so unprofessional towards the people who take THEIR time out of THEIR day to make assets for YOU. Time is money. Time is valuable. Time that could be spent working for other PAYING clients.

Posted

Ugh just seeing the way Yandere dev addresses this artist infuriates me. As someone who’s doing game art, I know it’s essential for an artist and their work to be credited. Even when I had to collaborate with others, ofc I had to credit their work. 

Heck, even when it’s down to producing art and basing it off of something else, no matter how transformative it is, it still needs crediting. 

This man is so stupid. All he had to do was credit her work and he might’ve had something that actually looked good for his game. And the way he ends that email off? What? He makes it sound like Sozo is at fault. And from the sounds of it, like always treats it like a personal attack. 

It’s hilariously bad how unprofessional yanderedev is, indie dev or not. I can’t even fathom how he’d ever succeed in making a title after yandere Sim flops. 

He refuses to change or accept criticism. He can’t make anything that can translate into making a game. He has terrible time management and is incredibly toxic to not only his fans but his volunteers-who are people who support him. Honestly, I wish more people will wake up and realise his scumminess.  

Posted (edited)

This man is so stupid. All he had to do was credit her work and he might’ve had something that actually looked good for his game. And the way he ends that email off? What? He makes it sound like Sozo is at fault. And from the sounds of it, like always treats it like a personal attack.

Exactly. It infuriates me that he calls the world where she agrees on not being credited an 'ideal world'. He's not directly saying it but he's indirectly telling her she is in the wrong and that her not being credited is the reasonable and good way while her demanding credit is 'not ideal', in other terms it's her being in the wrong and demanding something that is not for the greater good. It makes me angry how he words it and how he indirectly tells her that her demand is wrong, while he doesn't even consider they might have different opinions and that his way is not the only right way. It really infuriates me how he asks her to understand him and see that it won't always get her way, while he is making that stupid demand. There is no other word for this than manchild.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

And that idiot seems to actually think he's close to being done with this entire fucking circus. Either that, or he's lying.

Can all the elimination methods be used on male students? No. Then the mechanics ain't nowhere near 99% done. (Not to mention all the mechanics he's teased and theorized about adding.) And what about replacing all the models? How far is THAT going to set back development. Most of the mechanics have bugs too. Hey Alex, where is debugging in your percentages?

Oh yeah, and Alex? Even if it takes you "less time" to develop other rivals, it still took you six plus fucking years to get to Osana. How much faster is the ageho cook going to be? Five years? And Alex, you can't just copy and paste the code. Each rival has to be unique for the game to stand a chance. But I'm just waiting for Megumi to start using Osana's lines and Oka to show up during the perv teacher week.

Capture.PNG