• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11216 posts in this topic

Posted

I actually thought Kokona was going to be the first rival and then oh boy Osana came out and a lot of us were upset about that. Osana isn't even a good character. Kokona actually had depth more than Osana but then I guess whoever wrote for YD left and we got shitty Osana and the others. Sigh. 

Not that I care about the game anymore. After all it's going to be shit no matter what happens to it.

So true. I'm ashamed that I liked the game last year as a 18-19 yo. But, I agree with you that Kokona had a more interesting character. I always tried to play the game on winblows 10, and it would crash for no damn reason. I since around 10 of September 2019, have switched to Linux Mint and Windows 7.

Posted

Mood, honestly. I'm over here wondering if he will even finish the game in his lifetime. He said he planned Osana to be the easiest and most basic rival, yet here he is giving her a goddamn bodyguard and implementing 50+ things around her. If he took around 4-5 years for this basic of a rival, I wanna fucking know how long will Megami take. Will the game become his family's legacy? Because I really don't see him finishing it. 

And I like how he adds all this new shit but can't take an hour to change all of his horrible Japanese names. Like, oh MY GOD. That shit's been bugging me since 2015.

Like...Osana being the childhood friend she's going to have the most interaction with Taro so she'll obvs be targeted early on, it's already in the intro. So weaken her???? I get he hates super mean girls like her /s so idk why he wants her to be difficult, I thought it was widely agreed that he wanted her dead early on because he hates Asuka lol. If he wants to make shit more nonsensical he can keep her this way and make her a later rival (making sense isn't really a matter at this point anyways so).

Somewhere in this shitshow the idea of starting the game with a flashback to Ryoba and her rival was brought up. If revealing how she killed someone in the past early on doesn't matter to Alex (probably won't bc he spoils shit all the time) he could pick this idea up, and past girl can be the tutorial rival instead? Like with less student body count walking around and less surveillance it could be easier. And it can shine more light on the Aishi lore thing since it's already teased at in the intro, and bring back purpose to the tapes if he still remembers or cares about all this because shut the fuck up about Megami's family you already had a decent start focusing on the main characters.

Idk I was lowkey fine with the Aishi thing, it's stupid but it was less dumber than where we are now and I like Ryoba's design so this is ever so slightly biased.

Posted

I've drawn Guguru Kuromu. Sorry that the drawing sucks. :alpacaworry: The things at the back are braids lol.

Guguru Kuromu.png

Posted

Like...Osana being the childhood friend she's going to have the most interaction with Taro so she'll obvs be targeted early on, it's already in the intro. So weaken her???? I get he hates super mean girls like her /s so idk why he wants her to be difficult, I thought it was widely agreed that he wanted her dead early on because he hates Asuka lol. If he wants to make shit more nonsensical he can keep her this way and make her a later rival (making sense isn't really a matter at this point anyways so).

Hidden Content

That's the thing about this man - he plans something, gets an idea for it, goes to do it, then realizes he needs to add this to make that one part work, then that other one seems tempting, so let's add some add-ons for that too, mm, maybe mix in some of the already existing material into it, but oh wait, fans need to stay happy, let's throw them a bone disguised as a mini-game/music video/whatever next he comes up with, now onto the main idea again, add some of that, and some of that, but wait the code isn't that good, let me change that, oh look this isn't good either, let me fix it real quick, aaah so many emailss...

And eventually, that leads to him getting side-tracked and losing his priorities altogether. RIP Focus.

Posted

I've drawn Guguru Kuromu. Sorry that the drawing sucks. :alpacaworry: The things at the back are braids lol.

Guguru Kuromu.png

That is so cute! If Alex stills this F him. <3

Posted

I actually thought Kokona was going to be the first rival and then oh boy Osana came out and a lot of us were upset about that. Osana isn't even a good character. Kokona actually had depth more than Osana but then I guess whoever wrote for YD left and we got shitty Osana and the others. Sigh. 

Not that I care about the game anymore. After all it's going to be shit no matter what happens to it.

Kokona was the only one who was outside of an archetype. Not that liking an anime trope is wrong, but I felt she had more of a following because of it despite being a test dummy. And so far she's the only one who acts remotely human to anything. Taro cancelling Osana bc rumors? Saki losing respect for Kokona over selling panties (even when her bitchass tried it too)? These people are supposed to all be best friends lol, every character in Yansim is a shitty person -- except Kokona. At this point I don't think anyone could help but like her.

The video about her and Ayano kidnapping Musume was a blow to her personality though. Speaking of which, if Kokona was going to just be a test rival why did we have to have a video explaining how she'd kill if pushed enoug---nvm 

Posted

That is so cute! If Alex stills this F him. <3

OMG thanks for the kind words! Also, YanDev probably won't steal it because he only wants "high quality assets" in his game/videos. If he steals this, someone (most likely me) will link to my drawing and he'll get a load of backlash. Alex will then start to cry and make more gremlin videos lol. 

Kokona was the only one who was outside of an archetype. Not that liking an anime trope is wrong, but I felt she had more of a following because of it despite being a test dummy. And so far she's the only one who acts remotely human to anything. Taro cancelling Osana bc rumors? Saki losing respect for Kokona over selling panties (even when her bitchass tried it too)? These people are supposed to all be best friends lol, every character in Yansim is a shitty person -- except Kokona. At this point I don't think anyone could help but like her.

The video about her and Ayano kidnapping Musume was a blow to her personality though. Speaking of which, if Kokona was going to just be a test rival why did we have to have a video explaining how she'd kill if pushed enoug---nvm 

I agree. It's so weird that your BEST FRIEND will leave you because of a RUMOR spread by a STRANGER in the space of a DAY. Also, wouldn't the teachers give Ayano/Bullies into trouble for saying mean things about Kokona on the internet.

It's also weird how Kokona was supposed to be a placeholder rival but she had voiced lines, a story, basic murder methods only worked on her and lots of assets. This would've cost MONEY AND TIME that could've easily went to IMPLEMENTING OSANA. No wonder the game is still in development hell. If YanDev worked on Osana FIRST instead of Kokona, or *gasp* just stook with Kokona BEING THE FIRST RIVAL, the game would be developed a LOT FASTER.

Posted

I thought Yandev wanted to keep Kokona in the game? I remember him saying that he'd leave her in as a background character because the fans really like her and that in a DLC (thats totally gonna come out9_9) that he would have her as a main rival because shes actually in a continous 5 week loop where she's being killed and wants to kill the person whos killing her to stop the loop.I can't really remember the "plot" for the DLC word for word but I remember he basically just ripped off Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and the vocaloid song Kagerou Days

Posted

If the elimination methods were supposed to be for Osana, then he should have programmed them around Osana, not Kokona. At this point it's difficult to impossible for me to believe that Alex wrote her character at all, she's one of the only good people in the scenario outside of most of dev's real life volunteers and she's not even a real person.

Posted

For a while, I was for some reason under the impression that part of Kokona's storyline would be applied to Osana. I'm not sure why I believed such a thing; I think it was because of a video where, while Dev was showing off some other feature, he eavesdropped on Osana getting a suspicious phone call that made me think of Kokona being blackmailed over the phone. But in hindsight, there was no reason for me to think that wasn't just a (fully-voiced) placeholder or red herring, or that it was taken out of context, or Osana's secrets could have been changed in the years since that video.

The whole placeholder character situation has kinda messed up the cast because he refuses to let go of said placeholders. It's understandable to an extent, because using Kokona as a test dummy turned her into a fully formed character (well, as fully formed as anyone in YS can get) that people have become attached to. Keeping her around as a prominent secondary character and possibly a bonus rival, sure! Giving her some weird new backstory about time loops? Ehh... I guess I understand that his idea of bonus rivals should be fantastic characters that wouldn't exist in YS canon (ignoring that robots, retcon machines, and possibly even demons all exist within canon), but it still feels weird to take a character rooted in mundane issues and suddenly make her a time traveler.

It also goes back to some of the other placeholders that might end up staying permanently. Most of it isn't a big deal, because they're background characters that fill in roles no one else was taking anyway. Rival-chan, on the other hand, is a complete mess on every level that, even ignoring the gameplay issues, shouldn't even continue to exist given that Osana was supposed to be her replacement, right down to appearance.

Posted

For a while, I was for some reason under the impression that part of Kokona's storyline would be applied to Osana. I'm not sure why I believed such a thing; I think it was because of a video where, while Dev was showing off some other feature, he eavesdropped on Osana getting a suspicious phone call that made me think of Kokona being blackmailed over the phone. But in hindsight, there was no reason for me to think that wasn't just a (fully-voiced) placeholder or red herring, or that it was taken out of context, or Osana's secrets could have been changed in the years since that video.

The whole placeholder character situation has kinda messed up the cast because he refuses to let go of said placeholders. It's understandable to an extent, because using Kokona as a test dummy turned her into a fully formed character (well, as fully formed as anyone in YS can get) that people have become attached to. Keeping her around as a prominent secondary character and possibly a bonus rival, sure! Giving her some weird new backstory about time loops? Ehh... I guess I understand that his idea of bonus rivals should be fantastic characters that wouldn't exist in YS canon (ignoring that robots, retcon machines, and possibly even demons all exist within canon), but it still feels weird to take a character rooted in mundane issues and suddenly make her a time traveler.

It also goes back to some of the other placeholders that might end up staying permanently. Most of it isn't a big deal, because they're background characters that fill in roles no one else was taking anyway. Rival-chan, on the other hand, is a complete mess on every level that, even ignoring the gameplay issues, shouldn't even continue to exist given that Osana was supposed to be her replacement, right down to appearance.

One of the biggest issues is that he won't take help from anyone. The Tinybuilt collab was such a big chance to speed up the progress of YanSim and the guys were seriously interested in helping him and see his game come to life. So they had no bad intentions and were genuinely trying to make YanSim happen. But Alex denied all help and decided it's best for him to work alone. He doesn't want to share his fame with anyone and he wants to have control over everything YanSim. This might work for a small indie game but YanSim is just so ambitious... He won't ever finish it at this pace because he can't program it all alone. But he doesn't want to give up the one or the other. Just imagine what will happen to him if he sells YanSim to an indie developer team... He might get money for it but he'll ultimately not make as much money as if he'll keep going for years with YanSim. He'll have to look for another job or start a new project and we all know that YanSim was an idea he had at the right time in the right place. No matter what he'll do after YanSim won't get as much attention. So he'll not let go of it because it will be his ruin. On the other hand he tries to finish it all by himself, talked about what a pain it is to him, how he lost all joy working on it and wants to work on any other game than YanSim. His skills are not enough for this ambitious project and let's face reality: Development takes this long because he is stuck. He needs an immense time just for Osana because he has no clue how to do it. Each time a new build is released new bugs appear and he spends more time fixing those bugs than making new progress, thus gives the illusion of making progress on the game. Then we have the occasional easter eggs and mini games that he buys from the Unity Asset Store to make it seem as if he puts new content in. But the main game is stuck since a few years now. He won't ever speak up about it because he will never ask for help or admit the game won't be finished. Instead he makes explanations and excuses or comes up with more obstacles. I really don't think Osana will EVER be finished.

Posted

OMG IT'S SO PRETTY. I got a new art tablet for Christmas so I need to draw the Internet crew lol. I'm not really good at drawing lol.

i suck at designing characters, so i cant wait to see the crew!

Posted

I thought Yandev wanted to keep Kokona in the game? I remember him saying that he'd leave her in as a background character because the fans really like her and that in a DLC (thats totally gonna come out9_9) that he would have her as a main rival because shes actually in a continous 5 week loop where she's being killed and wants to kill the person whos killing her to stop the loop.I can't really remember the "plot" for the DLC word for word but I remember he basically just ripped off Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and the vocaloid song Kagerou Days

The time of travel plotline sucks. It's so generic but I forgot....IT'S YANDAIRY SIMULATOR!!!!111111 *obnoxious airhorns*

i suck at designing characters, so i cant wait to see the crew!

I already drew Guguru Kuromu. I think she's in page 690. It sucks tho lol. I'm gonna draw Ringo-kun next.

Posted

I hope no one takes this the wrong way or anything, but is there any way that we could make a separate thread dedicated to art/reworkings of the characters? I feel as though posting + discussing art distracts from the main conversation and honestly...kinda seems fanart-y to me?

Posted

I hope no one takes this the wrong way or anything, but is there any way that we could make a separate thread dedicated to art/reworkings of the characters? I feel as though posting + discussing art distracts from the main conversation and honestly...kinda seems fanart-y to me?

I think that would be a really cool idea! It would also make the YanDev threads a little bit more fun to go to! If more people agree to this then maybe we could have a thread called "Character Art Because Alex Sucks At Character Design"