• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11553 posts in this topic

Posted

lemme guess,,,osana isn't here yet

Osana? Who dat? I only know MAgicAl GiRL PrETty MiYUKi

Posted

Circle gets the square

Osana? Who dat? I only know MAgicAl GiRL PrETty MiYUKi

breathing really hard outta my nose rn

Posted

Wow. Osana still isnt here. And instead we get some kawaii desu magical Miyuki crap? Yanderedev, just turn the game into an over the top anime parody game, at least it would make the easter eggs make sense, my gosh. :alpacadone:

Posted (edited)

Recently, I’ve been playing through Osana’s week and searching for exploits that make it too easy to eliminate Osana or circumvent Raibaru’s AI. I’ve fixed a LOT of exploits recently! With each day, I fix several critical things that would have resulted in a really disappointing Osana build. I’m also testing all possible outcomes in all events; “What if Raibaru is dead when this event takes place? Does the event break? How does the event change? How does Osana’s routine change?” etc. Pretty soon, I’ll be done with this type of broad “making sure nothing is broke” testing, and my focus will switch to Osana’s expulsion method, suitor, and befriend-betray event. Exciting stuff!!

The bug fixing never ends. and most of the fanbase dislikes raibaru or doesn't care about her, so why not make it possible to get rid of her without having it affect 100 events and have 100 outcomes? she's not even a popular character in the fanbase. he's just making excuses by working on her events and her inclusion.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

The bug fixing never ends. and most of the fanbase dislikes raibaru or doesn't care about her, so why not make it possible to get rid of her without having it affect 100 events and have 100 outcomes? she's not even a popular character in the fanbase. he's just making excuses by working on her events and her inclusion.

Yandev is patting himself on the back at this point, attempting to make a highly "complex" game with different outcomes.

the only different outcomes i see are all the possible goddamn glitches at this point.

Posted (edited)

Yandev is patting himself on the back at this point, attempting to make a highly "complex" game with different outcomes.

the only different outcomes i see are all the possible goddamn glitches at this point.

at this point he tries to fuse a heavy story based game with multiple storypaths and endings like heavy rain or detroit with an rpg game like persona which in itself is already very complex, and adds hitman into the mix with the targets and missions. this game is just so ambitious and huge and on top of that made by just one single guy, i honestly can't even imagine there will be the day when this is finished. if i was him i would honestly reduce the whole game to having 1-3 rivals, polish these three missions so they are satisfying and fun for the player and call it a day. he's working on to much unnessessary stuff too (minigames, mission mode, easter eggs, endless mode, the yansim town, sidequests, youtube videos for the characters' backstories) that this game will never be done.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

at this point he tries to fuse a heavy story based game with multiple storypaths and endings like heavy rain or detroit with an rpg game like persona which in itself is already very complex, and adds hitman into the mix with the targets and missions. this game is just so ambitious and huge and on top of that made by just one single guy, i honestly can't even imagine there will be the day when this is finished. if i was him i would honestly reduce the whole game to having 1-3 rivals, polish these three missions so they are satisfying and fun for the player and call it a day. he's working on to much unnessessary stuff too (minigames, mission mode, easter eggs, endless mode, the yansim town, sidequests, youtube videos for the characters' backstories) that this game will never be done.

Multiple path storylines take a while to plan, but Yandev decided to start without any planning and this is just a trainwreck of everything he wishes his game to be, but doesn't realize it sorta looks like what a 13-year old's corny fanfic would look like.

Posted

The game was originally meant to be just a simulator, a sandbox, that's it. It's what it became popular for, and people still treat it like one. The moment he started adding many story-based aspects to the game was when it went downhill. If he wants the game to be taken seriously then why add so many easter eggs? Why name it a simulator in the first place?

Posted

The game was originally meant to be just a simulator, a sandbox, that's it. It's what it became popular for, and people still treat it like one. The moment he started adding many story-based aspects to the game was when it went downhill. If he wants the game to be taken seriously then why add so many easter eggs? Why name it a simulator in the first place?

He's trying to rebrand his game as 'Lovesick' to get rid of the simulator title since it's not a simulator game anymore but follows strict missions and tasks the player has to solve (the only sandbox element are the killing methods at this point, i guess) but people will never take it for full and will always see it as Yandere Simulator. He would have to get rid of the easter eggs, awful character names and useless side missions to have people take it for full, but instead he keeps adding them.

Posted

I thought he wanted to change the name because no one takes games with the word 'simulator' in the title seriously and that he didn't want his game to be grouped in with "meme games" like Goat Simulator.

As if anyone's gonna take a weeb fetish game seriously.

Posted

Honestly the only way Alex could salvage this game would be to sell it to a larger company, and even then, given his reputation and the dubious past with TinyBuild, he'd seriously have to clean up this game to make any other brand want to pick it up (i.e. no panty shots, no Yakuza (so no organ/sex-slave sales), no Furredu or Sukibi Dubidu, and no freaking easter eggs). There's no way at the pace he's going that he could ever incorporate everything. Even a dedicated coder or game dev couldn't do all this by themselves, let alone some pathetic man-child who abuses his fans, steals their money unapologetically and offers little to nothing in return, all while indulging his own wicked whims instead of working on the game he promised over half a decade ago.

(Still hoping for that other game, though--EpicMealDev at least looks like he's got his ish together.)

Posted

No larger company would take it, oversexualisation of teengaers and creepy panty shots aside, the fact that the game literally revolves around school children literally killing eachother would be enough for any company to kick his ass to the curb. I think it's a bit of a no-no in the gaming industry to allow players to kill children (even if the are "18"), no game company AAA or indie would ever want to deal with those sorts of controversies.

He would have to change the game's entire setting, character ages, etc  for larger companies to even THINK about taking his project on board and we all know how reluctant Yandev is when it comes to making any changes in his games. The game is doomed to be stuck in development forever.

Posted

I thought he wanted to change the name because no one takes games with the word 'simulator' in the title seriously and that he didn't want his game to be grouped in with "meme games" like Goat Simulator.

As if anyone's gonna take a weeb fetish game seriously.

Alex is the only person that takes yansim seriously. The few youtubers who still play it don't even take it seriously. 

Posted

No larger company would take it, oversexualisation of teengaers and creepy panty shots aside, the fact that the game literally revolves around school children literally killing eachother would be enough for any company to kick his ass to the curb. I think it's a bit of a no-no in the gaming industry to allow players to kill children (even if the are "18"), no game company AAA or indie would ever want to deal with those sorts of controversies.

He would have to change the game's entire setting, character ages, etc  for larger companies to even THINK about taking his project on board and we all know how reluctant Yandev is when it comes to making any changes in his games. The game is doomed to be stuck in development forever.

I mean, there are games where there's students killing each other, just thinking about Danganronpa.I don't think that is the problem. It's more because you/your character are killing students. YanSim gives more a feeling of school shooting, and as the game is made in the US, it's most likely this that will make them reluctant imo, not necessarly the fact that they are teenagers. Not excusing YandereDev, I just think that part about the characters being teenagers is a bit of a grey aera (only about the killing part tho, sexualizing minors is always wrong). It depends on how you bring it. For exemple, in Danganronpa, even if there is killing involved, it is still seen as something horrible to do, and there is a reason behind it. Your character works to stop the killing. As for YanSim, the goal is to eliminate others, just for the sake of eliminating them. Anyways that's my opinion, feel free to disagree ^_^

Posted (edited)

I agree with it too, for however much it's worth. And unfortunate as it is, DR also has its own problems with sexualizing its teenage characters: Mikan, Miu, the execution in NDRV3's second chapter, and the Argument Armaments, just to name the unavoidable scenes. Some fans do express discomfort with that, but obviously that doesn't actually change the fact that it happens and will keep happening.

I do think that had some things been different, YanSim could have filled out a similar niche, or better or worse. I can see how YanSim can be advertised specifically to fans of DR, or maybe to fans of series like Higurashi; YanSim doesn't dabble in murder mysteries or psychological horror, but I'm sure the superficial similarities can draw in some fans.

And maybe some publishers would feel the same way and try to get in on this deal too. But there are still some major issues that would scare off potential partners:

• As stated, the player of YanSim can directly kill teenagers, playing out each action, and as long as they aren't caught this will generally be a positive thing that fulfills the player's objectives. While there are pacifist options, albeit very manipulative ones, violence is still a major part of the game's themes and promotion. There are more ways to kill a teen than there are ways to non-violently interact with them. This also all shown directly on-screen in all its gory detail, aside from the "unknown" fates of classmates kidnapped by the Yakuza. ("Unknown" in quotes because Alex has stated several times what actually happens to them... but of course it won't be said in-game so that there's plausible deniability.)
  • More importantly, Alex himself is a liability. You have someone with a long history of behavior that at best is unprofessional. He cannot stick to a development schedule, he constantly adds new and trivial "easter eggs" and sidequests while ignoring core gameplay features, said easter eggs involve ripping off models and music from other IPs (to the point that some creators of said IPs have told him to knock it off), he spoils future plot developments before a beta of the game is even finished, and he burns bridges with publishers because he refuses to cooperate with its programmers. And that's before factoring in that he's a hostile person who publicly insults fans and critics alike, and has spearheaded harassment against specific people who've spoken out against him.

Had Alex sold the game off years ago before so much ill will built up, or had only a few red flags popped up instead of an entire room of them, he probably could have found some support, if not from the biggest names in gaming then at least from relatively smaller publishers that people recognize. But at this point Yandere Simulator is heavily tainted by his reputation, and I wouldn't be surprised if most reputable teams don't want that stink on them.

All that said, selling Yandere Simulator off to a more competent team would probably be for the best, if he really has lost interest in the game itself. But that would dry up the donation fountain, so he's probably gonna hold onto the game until the very last second, even if it means going down with the ship.

Edited by Wiegenlied