• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

10140 posts in this topic

Posted

called it. i knew he wouldn't be able to do something original for mo.

Posted

Big ouch.

Yes, the girl was in one of the first builds of the game so bringing her back might be nostalgic for some, and make those happy who were sad when she got patched out. But him having put any thought or even one minute of work into the creation of this character is a flat out lie.

She is one of the asset characters from the unity store lol Her name is Satomi and she even comes with the YanSim school uniform and everything.

He didn't even change her colors or hair style like he at least did for Ayano, Taro, the succubus etc.

If anyone of you wants her for your games you can buy her here: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/satomi-character-pack-15653

I'm sorry but straight up putting an asset from the unity store into your game, trying to brand it as 'your character' when this very same girl has been featured in countless of mobile apps before is just... sad af.

c627067c-71cb-4240-baf4-af9bbc65c572_sca

Satomi Character Pack

Also I should mention that this girl was modeled by the creator in 2014. 2014! So YanDev is currently having a 5 year old 3D model in his game, promoting it as his newest thingie.

Wow. I knew Rival-Chan (or Raiburu—what an idiotic not-even-ATTEMPT at a name) was from the Unity Store, but I didn’t realize just how many outfits he stole. Literally everything except the pink/white shirt over cargo shorts makes an appearance in YanSim, most of them as actual in-game clothing w/ changed colors. WTH?

Posted

Been lurking for a while but the newest video update was so ridiculous I just had to create an account to rant about it.

Basically, this "Raiburu" girl seems to me like someone a little too obsessed with Osana. She's basically almost on Yuno from Mirai Nikki's level of OP. Someone who is this strong and cute should be really popular, yet she found someone she liked after quitting the club and just stuck to them for the rest of time. It's basically like she might as well have a crush on Osana. Like dude as a girl myself, the last time I've seen girls stick this obsessively together was in primary school. This is just too unnatural.

Now the part that pissed me off the most was her little "backstory". She's the most OP martial arts practitioner who is so good that she can train students who are NOT EVEN MEMBERS of the martial arts club to the point where they are extremely capable (he pointed out Fred as an example). Excuse me? Please apologize to all martial arts practitioners out there. I used to be part of a Karate club and I'm honestly really offended. People undergo YEARS of training before they can become a sensei.  Simply reaching black belt is not sufficient. Martial arts is also not as easy as just mastering a few techniques and calling it a day. You need a lot of time to develop the basics, train your movements and footwork, train your reflexes etc. It's irritating to know that the game contains non-martial arts club members that are good at it. Non-members are basically not committed to the training, and if they were committed in the first place they'd join the club already. 

Also wtf is up with the being unable to quit because of the 100% win streak? Was she just going to be a member all her life if no one won just because she was so good? Giving up her high school life for this? She quit after Budo finally beat her in a match, aka found a successor. Does their school not have a professional martial arts coach or what?!?! WTF.

Posted

Wow. This is like the textbook definition of ''anti-climax'' And the back story doesn't even make sense. And the way he included the name of the ""indestructible rival'' in her backstory just to make her old role relevent... ew..

Posted

Took a crack at the video, glad to see Alex is doing everything in his power to make his game impossible to play to the point where it's not fun at all. :alpacadone:

I was able to salvage this from the comment section, though;Screenshot_20190715-224103.thumb.jpg.2c2

Anyways, her last name means "immortal" and her first name is literally "rival" in bad Engrish. Her name is literally unkillable rival. Absolutely hilarious. 

Plus how is she even a rival when she's a bodyguard? She's not going for Senpai so she's has no rivalry with Ayano? Uh?

Posted

I genuinely don't understand how people are still interested in this game in a positive way. "The new addition is...the character who stood next to a tree for years! Woah!"  He's not even the only person making a game with this concept anymore, considering Watashi no Mono exists and already looks way more promising. 

Posted

How does he manage to make things worse?? Best girlfriends, and the girl goes after Osana, not next to her. This is strange. She's a bloody stalker! I don't think Osana would make friends with such a strange girl.
Сan see right away that Dev was never friends with anyone.
She's all so great that Osana shares her feelings with her, she'll see a pigeon shit on her head before his feathered ass gets tense. Really?! She's super-powered, that only Budo beat her, but we can kill Budo. 
And you can't even talk to her! Why couldn't it be done that when you stop her, Osana stops too and swear: "what took you so long?"? What's the problem with distractions on the radio, one will go off, the other will watch or follow. Who will talk quietly when the music is playing loud? Are the students afraid to talk to her because she's inadequate and breaks everyone's hands?
And how do I hate fragments from Hitman, this is my favorite game, Dev pisses off at touching her with his lousy hands.
"My characters are soulless to learn their story watch my videos!"
Dev is pathetic.

Posted

Raibaru reminds me of Honey-senpai. 

I feel like Raibaru was tacked on because of how much the game's fanbase is attached to her, kinda like Kokona and Midori Gurin. He only recently started hyping up this ""mysterious obsticle"", also Osana and Raibaru's friendship dynamic comes off as really awkward. 

NANI_THE_FUCK.thumb.JPG.db6e2dbf54927ae3 

Is it just me or does she look really weird here? She looks cross-eyed? I know she's a new addition to the game but is it that hard to animate one horrified expression?

Posted

You know when you have to make an overpowered character to balance your game, that basically means you fucked up on gamedesign. He kinda just throws stuff in his game without thinking it through, we know that, so the gamedesign is a mess. How would anyone who hasn't followed this shitshow be able to get a grasp of it?

I think my favorite part in the video is that, he justifies Raibaru (that hurts typing out) being op, by saying that unlike in Hitman, there are no guards and the students can't stop you when you kill someone... Except they can? Did he forget the mechanic, where when more than 4 people see you commit murder, you'll be apprehended by them? Would make more sense to make use of this one than an op BFF that acts like a guard, by walking behind not next to her best friend. (All of the students act like robots though, he wanted the school to feel lively when he included the rest of the clubs, but its just feels static as hell, the bullies all walk circles on different floors alone, the music club members all sit in some corner..)

You could carefully plan Osana's and the other students schedule, to make her be surrounded by other students, which would make her harder to kill, as you would have to think of ways to seperate her from the crowd. That would make far more sense from a gamedesign perspective. Then again I guess you'd have to overthink several mechanics in game that are unbalanced in itself. A dedicated dev would do that. But nope, invincible bodyguard it is. He didn't even try to try.

Even if this game were to ever be finished, unless someone else overhauls everything, I can't imagine it to be fun. Which is like the main point of a video game.

Posted (edited)

He should've taken what he has learnt throughout the process, scraped what he had and remade it the way it should be a LONG time ago. Years ago. Like with any skill, at some point you (should?) realise that you're hopelessly wasting your time moving some details back and forth, when it's the whole base that makes it shit.

I've spent the past week on my first car 3D model. I made the geometry a bit too dense before I had my basic curves established, and as a result I spent hours upon hours trying to push bumpy vertices back into place and subsequently ruining things in other places. So I realised this was going nowhere, started over, and got to where I was before (and better) in a few hours. 

Yandev has failed to reflect on his process for years, he's just sitting there throwing random things at his game, while there's no cohesive story, no gameplay, no good  programming base for all these features, and nothing for the player to anticipate. This method will never work, even if he kept doing that until his fanbase reaches their retirement age.

At the same time, he dragged this for way too long to start over and his fans would rage him to death if he were to do that now, and rightfully so. Not that it matters, because they are never getting their game anyways.

Edited by Nvri

Posted

oot but

I'm looking for one snowflake . I found his thread while reading Yandev's . He is some guy from Japan , I think ? He manipulated an underage girl to come to Japan to be with him but their relationship turned abusive 

Posted

Raibaru reminds me of Honey-senpai. 

I feel like Raibaru was tacked on because of how much the game's fanbase is attached to her, kinda like Kokona and Midori Gurin. He only recently started hyping up this ""mysterious obsticle"", also Osana and Raibaru's friendship dynamic comes off as really awkward. 

NANI_THE_FUCK.thumb.JPG.db6e2dbf54927ae3 

Is it just me or does she look really weird here? She looks cross-eyed? I know she's a new addition to the game but is it that hard to animate one horrified expression?

She looks like a dumb fish. 

Posted

The majority of the Yansim fanbase hates her. They all agree that she is over-powered, her name is terrible, and it doesn't make sense that budo is stronger than her but can be killed easily. Just look at the comments on the wiki page on Raibaru.

Posted

The majority of the Yansim fanbase hates her. They all agree that she is over-powered, her name is terrible, and it doesn't make sense that budo is stronger than her but can be killed easily. Just look at the comments on the wiki page on Raibaru.

Lol you know you're fucked when your fans think she's shit. But I would like to say that Osana is supposed to be a TUTORIAL RIVAL. You know, where the level is so easy that anyone can beat it because that's where they show you how to play. Bottom line is, it isn't supposed to be difficult so why is he making that way? Has he ever played a video game before? If Osana is this hard then the only way to beat Megami would be by using mods. 

Posted

I'm telling you guys Alex is trying to kill his game so he doesn't have to work on it anymore. I mean why else would he do...oh wait this is Alex.