• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11246 posts in this topic

Posted

It's not as if YandereDev is going to miss any work by going to a convention for a few days anyways. His only "work" was going to be arguing with us "gremlins," making videos with plans he will never implement into the game, and streaming on twitch lmao

anything that involves any sort of movement such as using his fingers to type is considered work for him. so, if you think about it, I guess arguing with gremlins IS work by that standard.......and waking up.......and showering......and eating......and turning on a computer......and streaming.........

see when you look at it like that, I guess Alex really does work 24/7 :doge:

Posted

July 1st Bug-Fixing Build

New post is up talking about the "Mysterious Obstacle" was not implemented on time (what else is new?). Apparently, it was supposed to be done by July 1? 

Also this (taken from the blog post):

1) When did he promise the Mysterious Obstacle by July 1? Did I miss that? Because it seems to make ZERO sense to have a mysterious obstacle at this point when Osana still isn't in the game. What the heck.

The "Mysterious Obstacle" is SUPPOSED to come out tomorrow. It's weird that he keeps referring to it as "her". I have a feeling he's doing that to get his fans excited thinking that it's Osana so they'd stop breathing down his neck when he went to Anime Expo. Even some of his fans are (rightfully) antsy about when Osana is being put into the game, so not saying what an obstacle is and referring to it as "her" probably makes his fans think he's actually making code related progress to what they've been waiting for for… 5 years.

Posted

I think mysterious obstacle is pointless unless she is important to the story (which she clearly isn't that important at all. Only to make it more 'challenging' and to be OP). Off topic but all of the rivals have some kind of suitor, so who is Osana's suitor in the first place? Since Yandev said there would be suitor for all of the rivals.

Posted (edited)

It baffles me that he still has patreons. It might just be a dollar a month for the lowest tier, but that dollar could give a meal to a homeless person. Or you could save 12 dollars a year and treat yourself to eating out once in a while. Or you could just burn the dollar, and you'd still get more out of it compared to supporting a game that will never be released - or how's it going with Osana, Alex? 

Edited by coffeejunkie

Posted

It baffles me that he still has patreons. It might just be a dollar a month for the lowest tier, but that dollar could give a meal to a homeless person. Or you could save 12 dollars a year and treat yourself to eating out once in a while. Or you could just burn the dollar, and you'd still get more out of it compared to supporting a game that will never be released - or how's it going with Osana, Alex? 

Have you seen his fans though? They're delusional in the way they protect him to the end of the earth. Maybe from a lack of understanding, but most won't even listen and they'll immediately attack whoever points out something about Yandev not working without question or remorse.

Posted (edited)

Basically he realized he had to shit something out real fast to make his fans happy. So he threw a character model thats been collecting dust out there and said "I'm so smart. I've been working on her SO long. Look at me go guys. Yeah theres no voice lines... or animations... but I had her planned since 2017!"

Edited by PeppermintBark
It doubled it idk why

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fujuPvXBUVI

Its the 'mysterious obsticle'

The 'new' girls name is so bad, also he's working on Osana again

Just when I think he can't think of anymore ridiculous names like 'Furredo' this shows up. 'Raiburu'? I just can't with him, man. The sound of it alone is so bad. Even my weeaboo ass at age 12 put effort into finding proper names. No matter how often I check back, this thread never fails to disappoint me.

Posted

Isn’t the point of the “Mysterious Obstacle” to be, I dunno, MYSTERIOUS?! 

I know this has been hashed out already, but does Alex understand keeping nothing to himself?? There’re almost no secrets left in his game because he keeps spoiling them, from demons to Rival-Chan to freaking gameplay. God WHY do people like playing this again??

Posted

I always knew thay Rival-chan would be the obstacle, idk why, but the backstory is kinda forced tbh

Posted

I always knew thay Rival-chan would be the obstacle, idk why, but the backstory is kinda forced tbh

Honestly, I think it would make more sense if the obstacle was the other option for Osana to romance. He/She would follow Osana around, maybe admit to someone, "I don't know why I do that because she's so mean, but I can't get her out of my head. There's just something about her..." And then the player would realize, "Ooooh, this is the person I'm supposed to get Osana with!"

Unrelated note: I love how Midori has a gray beard in his most recent video. Alex knows that he's taking too long. I think he's amused by the complaints people are giving, to be honest. 

Posted

so can you even win in this "game" at this point?

Posted (edited)

so can you even win in this "game" at this point?

Nope because there’s no rival to beat so no matter what you lose once Friday night hits.

Honestly I feel like everyone is having a lot of fun breaking his game and making him go back to fix it. If you break the game that’s like a victory to those who play. 

He seriously needs to stop basing game mechanics on the hitman series. Hitman is for killing important targets.. not a high school girl. Plus Rival-chan is so overpowered. You can't directly attack her? Really? A high school girl would not be able to "sense danger" and stop a murderer from stabbing them. Ignores all distractions, can't talk to her when she's with Osana etc. But I mean nothing about this game is even remotely realistic so what else is new. At this point all of the obstacles just to beat ONE rival is too much. It wouldn't even be fun anymore. Another obnoxious thing is that he acknowledges how overpowered she is, yet tries to justify it by saying "A character like this is a necessary game mechanic"

Edited by Aaeronias
Addition

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fujuPvXBUVI

Its the 'mysterious obsticle'

The 'new' girls name is so bad, also he's working on Osana again

Big ouch.

Yes, the girl was in one of the first builds of the game so bringing her back might be nostalgic for some, and make those happy who were sad when she got patched out. But him having put any thought or even one minute of work into the creation of this character is a flat out lie.

She is one of the asset characters from the unity store lol Her name is Satomi and she even comes with the YanSim school uniform and everything.

He didn't even change her colors or hair style like he at least did for Ayano, Taro, the succubus etc.

If anyone of you wants her for your games you can buy her here: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/satomi-character-pack-15653

I'm sorry but straight up putting an asset from the unity store into your game, trying to brand it as 'your character' when this very same girl has been featured in countless of mobile apps before is just... sad af.

c627067c-71cb-4240-baf4-af9bbc65c572_sca

Satomi Character Pack

Also I should mention that this girl was modeled by the creator in 2014. 2014! So YanDev is currently having a 5 year old 3D model in his game, promoting it as his newest thingie.

Posted (edited)

So, I just watched his video on MO and Jfc she is way too OP. The animation for her apprehending you is so stiff and unnatural. But hey, at least she doesn't have a tragic backstory like the rest of the characters.

Edited by Akitoba
more info