• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11485 posts in this topic

Posted

You know what? After reading all this, I have only one thing to say. Well I have a lot to say, but at this point, only one point matters

For fucks sake Alex, switch off your computer. Go outside. Climb a tree. Meet a girl. Get maced. Learn to talk to people. Start a life away from a computer. Go to therapy. Get a job. Get yelled at by an entitled soccer mum with 2.4 kids and an expired coupon. Drink your problems away. Try meth. Get a tattoo. 

Seriously

Do literally anything else

Please

Just get a life

Posted (edited)

I have a theory: since Yandere Dev always credits artists of art he posts (outside the videos) with his blog posts, fans might think that him using art without credit or permission is "the exception of the rule"...he always treats artists on his blog right, so he probably just forgot to credit!
I think what they don't realize that the art he posts on his blog post is almost 100% Yandere Simulator fan art, or commissions to the drawing contests, and the art he doesn't care to credit is game art/ fanart/etc. that has nothing at all to do with Yandere Simulator.
They might feel treated well as fans, think that Yandere Dev is ok, and as soon as "just one" artwork has been shown uncredited or without permission, they dismiss it as a stupid mistake...
Also, I forgot whether someone already said it :S
But, another theory about a stone old poll and it's relation to Osana:
http://poal.me/elbhjt (poll made at January the 13th, 2016)
Most of his fans are between 11 and 25, with 11-15 years being the most fans...will implementing Osana (and releasing the demo) have to wait another 6 years (from now on) until even his youngest fans are 18? Then, he can finally start the Kickstarter...if the hype never dies, I think he might consider it an option^^

Edited by cake_lover
Forgot to include the date the poll was made :S

Posted

Everything wrong with Yandere Simulator is a result of a combination of three factors. 

The first is the ego. There's no sense of accomplishment in doing this whatsover, no feeling of "Yay, I made a nice game so people could enjoy and have fun" or "Hey guys, check this out. I made a silly anime game in my free time. I hope you enjoy this!". Instead, it goes like this: "My influence, my inspiration, my hero insulted me. I will prove by any means that I am BETTER than him! Even if I have to silence everyone who disagrees with me by force!".

Second one is the lack of a direction. I'll use Super Mario Bros. to explain what I mean with this one.
What makes Mario games so popular, despite the fact that Mario had been beating Bowser around since 1986? The answer is simple: Every Mario game has a goal, which is the "direction". Every single element, from the goomba to the mustaches, is built around creating a delightful sense of synergy between every element present in the game. You have an interesting, immersive world. Not the case here, you just have big breasted waifus, a self-insert "senpai", which is so bland he feels like your average shonen jump/another world light novel/eroge protagonist, a bunch of out-of-place jokes and memes and anime references that simply make no sense whatsover.

The third is his own attitude towards modders, fans and detractors of the game. Modders are strictly forbidden of messing around the game (So they couldn't do what he should be doing instead of his bloody persona/zelda streams: Fix the fucking thing). His fanbase, like I said before, is a reflex of what he wishes the internet to see him: An untouchable hero who suffered injustice in the hands of his former hero. He also treats his "detractors" (Which can be anyone. PULL, Kiwi Farms, Encyclopedia Dramatica, you name it) as nothing more but little trolls who are jealous of what he considers to be success.

Sure, making a videogame is akin to writing a book, drawing a manga fanart or composing a song. You need time and dedication to make it reflect your thoughts. People like Pixel (Cave Story), Toby Fox or even ZUN (Touhou project) can make great stuff. But they focus on their works, keep their mouth shut - that way, they don't attract so much unwanted attention and can actually have time to work on their things.

However, Yandev. Or Alex, or whatever you want your precious fanbase to call you. Those are your three mistakes. You let your desire of being vindicated by the idea of proving at any costs that you can be the Mike Z of our generation - However you lack sway over the tools you have at your disposal. You have no idea on what to do with your game, and like we say here in Brazil, you're already putting the Chariot in front of the Horses. Whatever the people who support you may call those who are actively calling on your behavior, sometimes they're right, but sometimes they have no idea of what they're saying. 

Stop trying to be an untouchable internet hero. This never ends well. Zoe Quinn tried. Christine Weston Chandler tried. Andrew Dobson tried. They never got past far, and not only they got mocked, their reputations are forever tarnished. They never focused in making impressive achievements. They always focused in fighting actual words of advice as they were personal insults, followed by selfish behavior and desperate attempts to control something that's bigger than they can understand. People don't turn into laughing matter around Kiwi Farms, ED and here for nothing.

You're spot on with #2. Syngery. He has no concept at all of how various elements of a video game, book, movie, manga, whatever work together to complete it. He has no fucking idea about genre, damn it all. Just look at all the stuff he is ripping off: Pokemon, Ace Attorney, Hitman, Persona, Dangan Ronpa, Yakuza, One Punch Man, Pretty Cure, Higurashi, Attack on Titan, Volcaloids...These range from child friendly to 18+, from monster sims to battle anime to stealth video games. They do not and cannot function together. There's a reason you don't raise cute little monsters in Ace Attorney and it's the same reason there's not extremely graphic violent in Pretty Cure which is the same reason Hitman avoids pink and glitter. 

Aesthetics. Synergy. Genre. Pick a genre; pick an age range. Stay with it. Create original elements to tell the story. Focus on the direction of the game (or movie, manga, book, whatever) and only add elements that add to the players' experience towards that direction.

Autistic little fuck, Alex, keep a reasonable assessment of your own skills and don't bite off more than you can chew. Granted, if you did, you wouldn't have 1000 pages between PULL, Kiwifarms, and ED. 

Why is he even surprised his fanbase is full of tweebs? That's where he is mentally. All those kids running around, making shitty fan fictions where they slap together Gurenn Lagann and Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh because they think it's "neat." But eventually they grow up and develop a sense of taste and a more critical eye for what works in the entertainment industry. How Alex missed this vital step of human development I don't know. At least the results bring us amusement.

Posted

Hey, Alex, I'll help you a bit. If you have any kind of respect for this super-serious game, change the name of the girls. Again, maybe, it's just me being nitpicky, but it doesn't looks like Alex put any kind of thought in the girls' names. He just searched "popular japanese girl names" and there you have Yui Rio, Koharu Hinata, Saki Miyu and Kokona Haruka. If he still wants this game to be realistic, the girls shouldn't have first names as surnames. And I'm still disgusted at the rivals names.

Even though I hate YanSim, if Alex gives up on it, I'll have nothing to laugh at :P So I don't mind if he drags this mess around. It's always fun to point out the stolen things and the flaws.

Posted

tumblr_oq8mn84Fap1vuxf7ko1_1280.thumb.pnThere's so many things wrong here but what amuses me the most is the fact he's pathetic enough to say "I pandered to you" without realizing how stupid and lowly that would make him sound even if he didn't do any asset steeling or any other dumb thing he's done in the past few years with Yansim.

Posted

You know what? After reading all this, I have only one thing to say. Well I have a lot to say, but at this point, only one point matters

For fucks sake Alex, switch off your computer. Go outside. Climb a tree. Meet a girl. Get maced. Learn to talk to people. Start a life away from a computer. Go to therapy. Get a job. Get yelled at by an entitled soccer mum with 2.4 kids and an expired coupon. Drink your problems away. Try meth. Get a tattoo. 

Seriously

Do literally anything else

Please

Just get a life

....aaaaand please, learn about copyrighting and learn what critcism is for! Just adding.

You're spot on with #2. Syngery. He has no concept at all of how various elements of a video game, book, movie, manga, whatever work together to complete it. He has no fucking idea about genre, damn it all. Just look at all the stuff he is ripping off: Pokemon, Ace Attorney, Hitman, Persona, Dangan Ronpa, Yakuza, One Punch Man, Pretty Cure, Higurashi, Attack on Titan, Volcaloids...These range from child friendly to 18+, from monster sims to battle anime to stealth video games. They do not and cannot function together. There's a reason you don't raise cute little monsters in Ace Attorney and it's the same reason there's not extremely graphic violent in Pretty Cure which is the same reason Hitman avoids pink and glitter. 

Aesthetics. Synergy. Genre. Pick a genre; pick an age range. Stay with it. Create original elements to tell the story. Focus on the direction of the game (or movie, manga, book, whatever) and only add elements that add to the players' experience towards that direction.

Autistic little fuck, Alex, keep a reasonable assessment of your own skills and don't bite off more than you can chew. Granted, if you did, you wouldn't have 1000 pages between PULL, Kiwifarms, and ED. 

Why is he even surprised his fanbase is full of tweebs? That's where he is mentally. All those kids running around, making shitty fan fictions where they slap together Gurenn Lagann and Bakugan and Yu-Gi-Oh because they think it's "neat." But eventually they grow up and develop a sense of taste and a more critical eye for what works in the entertainment industry. How Alex missed this vital step of human development I don't know. At least the results bring us amusement.

exactly, he mixes everything BRAINESSLY. It's like merging Cruis'n (racing games series by Midway and Raw Thrills) with Hatred and Pokémon together, IT WON'T WORK.

Yes, if he was different and not so meanie towards Mike Z, it could be better for him.

Wait a moment, he DIDNT rip off Pretty Cu... wait, the magical girl wand and some magic moments ARE from PC and mainly Magical Girl shows... But he left Precure  as a franchise alone, thank God. Ruining my fav Sailormoon and Miraculous is enough. But let's move on:

One genre: STAY with it. Unless its a wise mix, like Drift Girls is about racing and wowing the anime ladies and dating them, if the dates went well, car itself gets faster and its proficiency improves. But NOT mixing all the stolen franchises together, man!!

Yes, the fanbase are identical to him (e.g after Alex commented Gleb Tet's rival vid that "it was disrespectful") the fanbase even were REPORTING his vid, maaan...) even they mix and write SEX FANFICS (difference is that they did not write about rape and were as stupid about sex as Dev) and claim everything yandere is a ripoff his game what has to do literally NOTHING about yandere exept Senpai love. 

I'm so shocked that the internet is STILL full of that. Even Mineraft or Pokemon Go were not in fashion THAT long. 

By the way, offtop but some subredditers are BLIND, the redditer who said "WHO CARES ABOUT PERSONA 5 AND SILHOULETTE FUCKING GODDAMIT"(yes, he DID use these words) hurr durrr TOTALLY weakened me? Why?

ofc no one would care about silhoulettes but ONLY if it's self-made not a version of a STOLEN OC FANART. It's like deviantarters recoloring Sonic and claim ITS AN OC BETCHEZ. It's a rip off. And about P5, does he even know who would care about P5 in YandereSim?

THE CREATORS. ATLUS. He has NO freaking idea how it feels like stealing and idea from people who worked hard. Man.. This is what speaking before being educated causes... 

I think schools REALLY should teach children about it.

Posted

tumblr_oq8mn84Fap1vuxf7ko1_1280.thumb.pnThere's so many things wrong here but what amuses me the most is the fact he's pathetic enough to say "I pandered to you" without realizing how stupid and lowly that would make him sound even if he didn't do any asset steeling or any other dumb thing he's done in the past few years with Yansim.

"You could have had a developer at your beck and call, making a game custom-tailored for your exact tastes. . ."
giphy.gif

Posted

Seriouslyyy?!

He lost everything in my eyes right now.

He's INSANE.

Reddit isnt perfect anyway.

Posted

lol reddit is civil because they're a bunch of kids who attack or dismiss anyone who disagrees with what alex does, and animeexpos would be civilized because not only is it also his fans, but do you really think people are going to go up to your booth/whatever and start telling everyone/you why your game is shit? that's asking for problems.

alex openly admitting he doesn't want to interact with them because they dont give him asspats. also it's super pathetic and narcissistic considering he sucks at making his game and stole the idea from 4chan. users there owe him and are obligating to nothing and he's acting like he's the greatest thing to ever grace their presence. no one's gonna give a fuck alex because they have no reason to, if you act like a child no fucking duh they're gonna make fun of you. 

the best course of action you could've taken is to just stop checking 4chan, no one would care, instead of making a big whiny entitled scene out of it. this is the exact attitude that got him ridiculed in that skull girls chat

Posted

"At this point, I've completely forgotten why I ever wanted you guys to be my audience or why I ever took you seriously or cared what you had to say in the first place".
Except, however, he did not care to anyone besides his rabid, blind-folded followers who aggressively attack anyone who doesn't worship him.

"I developed the game you designed, I pandered to you, I did the most anti-SJW game in existence, I took the time to communicate directly with you and ask for feedback about the game and incorporate the feedback that you gave me, and in response, you treat me worse and worse everytime I show up."
Dodging criticism, comitting one of the worst sins on the internet by trying to make the channers on /v/ their personal worshipping cult, and taking comments that aren't "Sugoi desu ne, senpai" as a personal offense. And don't get me started on this whole "I don't like SJW, look at me people because I'm awesome" stuff.

"You know what? That's it. I'm done. You guys don't deserve it. You guys fucking suck. This place is the anus of the internet. You're nothing but a bunch of assholes who try to use buzzwords and jump on hate-wagons. None of you have worth as human beings. Spending my time trying to make you guys happy would be an absolute waste of my time. You're not my audience anymore. I refuse to appease to people who treat me like shit no matter what I do."
Hence why his fanbase is trying to shut every form of criticism, actively censoring anyone who dares giving any single step out of the line - IE asking for bugfixes, asking him why he keeps streaming persona for ten hours a day...

"You could have had a developer at your back and call, making a game custom-tailored for your exact tastes, but not anymore. You bit the hand that fed you, now I don't want to have anything with you anymore. Fuck all of you. Go to hell."
One of the things that makes me dislike the guy is, even more than just screwing with his game for the sake of getting cheap money from his fans is exactly this. His holier-than-thou, overly aggressive internet tough guy stance.

The vibes I get from this guy are the same vibes I get from people like Zoe Quinn and Tom Preston. I've seen this before. He resorts too much to expletives, vulgarity and constantly victimizes himself in order to get what he wants. I actually feel bad for his donators, being constantly exposed to someone who thinks that painting himself as a mere target of "bullies" and "assholes" is the proper way to deal with things in life.
Which is ironic, considering how he mocks the social justice crowd for doing the same.

Posted

I know the Kokona video is probably old news, and this is going to be super off topic, but ranting on twitter about this wasn't enough for me. I don't keep up with YanSim much, if not at all, and was curious about the Kokona situation, so I decided to brace myself and go back into hell. I'm sorry in advance at how long this is.

My first issue with it is not even really about Kokona, more about Kizana. The way he stereotypes actors and people in theatre as a whole was super disgusting to me, but then again, I am a theatre student. The whole, "because she's in theatre I wanted to make her arrogant, conceited, egotistical, self centered and snobby" rubbed me the entire wrong way. I get if he wants to make his rivals unlikeable because they're, rivals, but literally targeting negative personality traits is the worst way to develop a character, and I found it personally very insulting to know he stereotypes actors like that. The fact he modeled Kizana after Kokona as a whole is also a really bad thing, it shows no originality in his character development. I get the whole "I want her hair to form a broken heart," and it's really weird symbolism, but could work in another way instead of literally copying an already existing character's appearance. Personally, I preferred a lot of the other hair styles he picked for her.

Now that my petty little rant is out of the way on that, going in order from the video, he first tells how he came up with Yandere Simulator, which seemed to contradict his original statement of him getting the idea from 4chan. I know he's trying to seem more original with this story, but it honestly seems like such a lie considering the real reason he started Yandere Simulator was because of 4chan. I think his lie on that also connects to his big hissy fit on 4chan. 

Describing how he made the first characters bothered me in a big way. The whole unique hair styles thing was cool how he made a lot of them with just one model, but, some clearly are based off of pre-existing characters. (Miyu - Miku; Kokona - Misha from Katawa Shoujo -- Also ironic how Miyu sounds like Miku haha) and then he went on to make the bust sizes. He seemed really excited about the big busted characters. "Kokona and Miyu are my most unique characters because they have a big chest and cool hair styles." The whole big boobs = unique is honestly really disgusting. Especially considering his audience is made up of a lot of young girls who will probably take this message and hate themselves because of it. That and the whole going on a list of popular Japanese girl names and literally just combining them is ridiculous. He didn't even bother looking up last names? 

He says that Kokona is his most unique and noteworthy character early on. His reasons as to saying this are,

• She actually has a past and a background (The domestic abuse)
  • He gave her an actual personality
  • She has big boobs
  • and drill twintails.

Arguably, Kokona is his most developed character in YanSim, which is sad considering he has no intention of using her again, except for possible DLC (which he shouldn't even be planning since Osana isn't even out) and a tutorial (which again, he shouldn't even be planning.) He made this character, actually put effort into her, and clearly has no intention of ever touching up on her again. It sounds like 2-3 years wasted in my opinion. He even admits he only stuck to building one character. He could've spent a lot more time developing, I don't know, Ayano? You know, his main character who's personality so far is being psychotic and unable to feel emotions? (Tip: Don't just build characters off of a mental illness, and if you're going to, maybe do some research. It's clear he hasn't.)

I guess he made Kizana look like Kokona because of this fact? Maybe to carry on his attachment to Kokona. And why he expected no one to notice the similarities really speaks volumes on how he views his fans. He also didn't expect anyone to like Kokona which again, is a joke. She's the most developed character he has and he expected her to not be liked? 

If there's one thing I've noticed over time is he's literally finding excuses to not work on Osana. He's making up problems and making shit solutions to said made up problems to avoid his real problem on hand: Osana. I wonder what a list of shit he's done to avoid Osana would look like. I know drama on PULL and Kiwi is one of them, which in of itself is hilarious. 

Kizana is so cringeworthy does he really think theatrical actors are like this? That's really insulting to people actually in theatre--

"I want the player to instantly know what club a person is in, however, I am too unoriginal to think of anything that could be on the same level of the Occult club, so I gave the drama club drills and purple hair."

Hair Hierarchy... so... does Alex know anything about theatre? At all? Probably not.

I don't have much to talk about for a lot of the video, because a lot of what he says is honestly too stupid for words. But the biggest issue I had was the tutorial idea. I think it's kind of cool, it would be a good way to demonstrate the game mechanics we already know because this game has been in alpha for three years. But it is an interesting idea. But the idea of "This is where Yandere-chan will get her ideas to kill" is really... wow. He really has not done research on serial killers at all. You don't decide to wake up and go, yes, I'm a serial killer. Kokona cannot teach her how to be a serial killer, and it definitely would not be Kokona's fault if Ayano did become a serial killer after a drama rehearsal. I think a lot more research needs to go into Ayano. The whole "emotionless" character trait is not an excuse to make her character nothing. He really needs to learn about mental illness, and probably criminology too. Literally, all he'd have to do is watch a few episodes of Criminal Minds and he'd literally be better. (However, actual research would be better, I'm just exaggerating a point.) 

A lot of serial killers stick to the same methods and routines, and have signatures. The only thing that may cause changes in that is if there's a turning point in their lives, or if they're experimenting. Kinda like how Jeffrey Dahmer always killed in a different way just to experiment on which was the best way to kill someone to his tastes. Having all the elimination methods are cool in theory, and do look good on the fact he has implemented them all into the game, even though he doesn't have a rival yet. But it's incredibly unrealistic. It makes Ayano look ballistic. And I know, I know, it's to provide options for the player and make the player make this their game and create immersion (why tho) but it's super unrealistic and makes Ayano just look like a bad character. The whole psychopathy character type, creating the image of a teenage school-girl serial killer just doesn't look right. At all. For a game based on criminology, psychopathy and serial killers, he's really uneducated on those subjects.

All in all, this video really proved exactly how unoriginal and uncreative Alex is as a whole, and how uneducated he is on literally anything. From character building, to even the focal point of his owl game, he's extremely uneducated and unoriginal. The idea of Yandere Simulator wasn't even his own.

tl;dr - Alex is unoriginal, uneducated and just wasting time and avoiding working on Osana by making 20 minute videos with problems that should be problems after his beta comes out.

Posted

Ya-hay! It's time for another edit that no one asked for!

BRUH, this pose was dificult. Since I was unable to remove the boobs and butt pose entirelly (since this would require redrawing EVERYTHING), I just decided to work on my way to reduce the "damage" the best as I could!

poteitou.thumb.png.e556c58a47ba5db53b7d9

(yeah, I know her spine stills broken, but I couldn't go further then this, sorry ;-;)

Hidden Content

Another amazing edit. I swear, darling, if I could make a big game, I'd hire you to do art for my characters. Not only your edits look a lot better, they also make more sense in an artistic perspective.

Whoever draws those things, where did he/she/IDONOTKNOWTHEFUCKINGPRONOUNSPLZ learned to draw? Everything wrong with promotional artwork 101 at its finest.

Posted (edited)

Another amazing edit. I swear, darling, if I could make a big game, I'd hire you to do art for my characters. Not only your edits look a lot better, they also make more sense in an artistic perspective.
Whoever draws those things, where did he/she/IDONOTKNOWTHEFUCKINGPRONOUNSPLZ learned to draw? Everything wrong with promotional artwork 101 at its finest.

Tbh, my actual drawings arent that impressive hahaha
I just know what to NOT do and how to make characters that are not clones lol

Edited by Cupcake9

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if anyone saw this yet or posted it, but someone contacted the dev about the artist's post on tumblr and they got his response back about it from on tumblr's messanger: https://www.reddit.com/r/yandere_simulator/comments/6c8uzb/yanderedev_just_responded_he_doesnt_seem_to_be/

and to show proof that it was real they made a gif of it: https://imgur.com/a/6u2ty

It's just a theory, but I sorta think that he may be kinda afraid to respond on the topic is because of that- which is why he may be trying to just ignore the problem untill it's over and done.Making a post about it, may cause some of his fans to be angry at him since he might admit to doing it, (?) Of course I may be wrong on that.

I feel that if he does finish Osana, then start the Kickstarter, all of this is just going to come out because of all of the attention he's going to get from both popular journalist and/or gamedevs. 

Still it's kinda sad though, at least to me that he's like this.

But if he gives up on it then there's always that one new simulator game called Hiwata no Nadoko that was inspired by the game, so maybe that could become popular? I don't know.

@Cupcake9 You did good a good edit on that Cupcake, the bottom of her back had bothered me with the prominant bone(?) lines on it. OTL

Edited by Say-Ami