• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11485 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thank you Lemonsoda! <33

...Reading the comments on the latest blog post makes me feel sad; there's a fan that's believing that it was THEIR doing, the fandom, that he's taking breaks like this. That they TOLD him to do it and while all of this is happening, he's playing Persona 5 live in everyone's face.

It hurts me to see someone treat their fanbase like this, especially when a lot of them think very highly of him. 😳

Do you mean this girl? 👇

58ea5e2a26578_Capture_2017-04-09-18-10-0

That litte Eva's sucker is attacking everybody who doesn't agree with her. She is literally like "you do not agree with me? Fuck off and kill yourself". This guy said only two true sentences and she attacked him without reason. What's a bitch. Is she Mulberry (similiar avatar and talking)?

PS. Eva's fans are very agressive now. Why? 

Edited by Paulapan

Posted

I know this was brought up a while ago but I think someone mentioned yuna hair and how it supposed to be blonde but doesn't look blonde at all and I made a picture of my blonde ocs as an comparison. my_tims.thumb.png.bb5a1b676e76a4f3413732

Posted

Do you mean this girl? 👇

58ea5e2a26578_Capture_2017-04-09-18-10-0

That litte Eva's sucker is attacking everybody who doesn't agree with her. She is literally like "you do not agree with me? Fuck off and kill yourself". This guy said only two true sentences and she attacked him without reason. What's a bitch. Is she Mulberry (similiar avatar and talking)?

PS. Eva's fans are very agressive now. Why? 

Yeah, that's one of the people I was speaking about.

And they might be in the denial stage right now, and become aggressive with anyone that speaks about what he did or that he's only one man. I've seen some disapprove others and claim they don't know game development, when they themselves aren't exactly familiar with it. Or that he shouldn't slave over the game and that he needs breaks, they gave him that- 

Plus some of them probably have crushes on him if you could tell by the Yanderedev fics 😒

I find the whole situation sad though, especially with how obsessed some of the fans are

Hidden Content

The color sorta looks like a lime greenish color than blonde- Musume has blonde hair 

Posted

Hidden Content

Does Eva has color blind-ness? Yuna's hair color is so disgusting, it reminds me vomits or something even worse :stoplz:  And he's calling it "blonde" ._. 

Posted

I downloaded the most recent build just to see--the thing is over 2GB! That is so ridiculously bloated for a game that doesn't have any of its rivals implemented, doesn't have the main location finished (the school), doesn't have the town that Alex seems to think is necessary, doesn't have half the promised features, doesn't have most of its existing features usable on any NPC but Kokona, doesn't even have half of the minor NPCs implemented, and doesn't even having a fucking save feature. The game is still in fucking alpha right now. It's not even up to beta! And it's 2GB! I can't even imagine how ridiculous it's going to be when it has more animations, objects, NPCs, and voiced lines added. And all the features actually finished (really Alex, how long until the delinquents are viable NPCs? They've been around for a year!). I shudder to think how ridiculously huge a save file would be from that mess.

To put things in perspective, I went through some of the completed games on my computer at the moment. 

Cafe 0: The Drowned Mermaid - 70MB

Katawa Shoujo - 500MB

The Second Reproduction - 580MB

The Sims 3 - 670MB

The Royal Trap - 120MB

Fate/Stay Night - 2GB

Dandelion - 1GB

The only game that equaled Sociopath Sinulator's alpha build is Fate/Stay Night. And that's immensely popular with days worth of gameplay and re-gameplay. Not 2 hours of walking around and stabbing people in the neck amid a field of glitches. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If you look at how Alex spends his time, nowhere in there is optimizing his code. Is that isn't evidence of incompetence, I don't know what is. To be honest, I'm surprise he even has bug testing on there. Considering he has to release multiple bug fix builds immediately after every release, I just assumed he used his fanbase for free bug testing. He's probably lying about doing his own bug-testing.

By the time Sociopath Sim is done, the only players with computers capable of running it are going to be NASA.

And before anyone says that my numbers are off because most of the games I listed are visual novels and Sociopath Sim is a full-action anime stealth/social sabotage game (pfft), look at the sizes of newer mainstream games:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 10GB

Dark Souls 3 - 18GB

Persona 5 - 16GB

When compared to high graphic, tons of play hours, professional quality games for the PS4, Wii U, and XBox One he's already 10-20% their size. For his shitty, glitchy, directionless, messy meme-parody-super serious alpha builds. That can't even save.

t should be noted that Unity has an special feature in which everything put inside the "Resources" folder is compiled within the game even f it goes unused. Alex puts everything (literally) inside the folder, future content, unsed files, past used files ,etc

Posted

Hidden Content

That "blonde" reminds me of young teens on Deviant art trying to give their OCs yellow hair some shading and have either decided to just go for a "dark yellow" which never works or used the burn tool in Photoshop instead(both of which just results in muddy ugly looking colors) of properly shading it by changing the hue to a more orange-ish tone and going slightly darker like they should. Except in this case Eva's worse by making it the main hair color.

Posted

I downloaded the most recent build just to see--the thing is over 2GB! That is so ridiculously bloated for a game that doesn't have any of its rivals implemented, doesn't have the main location finished (the school), doesn't have the town that Alex seems to think is necessary, doesn't have half the promised features, doesn't have most of its existing features usable on any NPC but Kokona, doesn't even have half of the minor NPCs implemented, and doesn't even having a fucking save feature. The game is still in fucking alpha right now. It's not even up to beta! And it's 2GB! I can't even imagine how ridiculous it's going to be when it has more animations, objects, NPCs, and voiced lines added. And all the features actually finished (really Alex, how long until the delinquents are viable NPCs? They've been around for a year!). I shudder to think how ridiculously huge a save file would be from that mess.

To put things in perspective, I went through some of the completed games on my computer at the moment. 

Katawa Shoujo - 500MB

The Sims 3 - 670MB

The Royal Trap - 120MB

Fate/Stay Night - 2GB

Dandelion - 1GB

The only game that equaled Sociopath Sinulator's alpha build is Fate/Stay Night. And that's immensely popular with days worth of gameplay and re-gameplay. Not 2 hours of walking around and stabbing people in the neck amid a field of glitches. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. If you look at how Alex spends his time, nowhere in there is optimizing his code. Is that isn't evidence of incompetence, I don't know what is. To be honest, I'm surprise he even has bug testing on there. Considering he has to release multiple bug fix builds immediately after every release, I just assumed he used his fanbase for free bug testing. He's probably lying about doing his own bug-testing.

By the time Sociopath Sim is done, the only players with computers capable of running it are going to be NASA.

And before anyone says that my numbers are off because most of the games I listed are visual novels and Sociopath Sim is a full-action anime stealth/social sabotage game (pfft), look at the sizes of newer mainstream games:

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 10GB

Dark Souls 3 - 18GB

Persona 5 - 16GB

When compared to high graphic, tons of play hours, professional quality games for the PS4, Wii U, and XBox One he's already 10-20% their size. For his shitty, glitchy, directionless, messy meme-parody-super serious alpha builds. That can't even save.

With the game being converted to a new code, I think that would minimise the size of the game. Still, 2 GB is ridiculous for a load of garbage.

Posted

Hidden Content

I used the color picker on firealpaca and it's literally verging on green. wtf eva do you know what blonde is? either do it right or don't do it at all.

also i want to hug your ocs they are cinnamon rolls

Posted

I used the color picker on firealpaca and it's literally verging on green. wtf eva do you know what blonde is? either do it right or don't do it at all.

also i want to hug your ocs they are cinnamon rolls

awe thank you 

Posted (edited)

t should be noted that Unity has an special feature in which everything put inside the "Resources" folder is compiled within the game even f it goes unused. Alex puts everything (literally) inside the folder, future content, unsed files, past used files ,etc

Of course he would. Because why would he waste any of his precious streaming time removing unused content to optimize his game?

With the game being converted to a new code, I think that would minimise the size of the game. Still, 2 GB is ridiculous for a load of garbage.

If it goes down to 200MB, I'm going to laugh. It shows, yet again, Alex has no idea what he's doing. BTW, what IS he doing? Volunteers are making all the assets, tinybuild is programming, and Alex--is streaming. He could do the decent thing and close his Patreon because he isn't even working on the game any more. 

EDIT: One other thing I thought of he could do with his time in his 70 hour day. Study to improve his coding. Take a class, read a book, read an online tutorial, hell, even watch Youtube videos to improve his code. But notice, yet again, there is no time dedicated to learning better techniques.

Edited by toxicity

Posted

Katawa Shoujo - 500MB

The Sims 3 - 670MB

The Royal Trap - 120MB

Fate/Stay Night - 2GB

Dandelion - 1GB

Just saying, aren't most of those visual novels? You can't really compare a third person 3D game against VN's that are basically books with pictures. Specially Katawa shoujo being a tiny VN when compared to others in the category. ( inb4 hate, I'm a huge visual novel player) 

If YanDev has any brains the game won't be fucking huge as he can optimise everything before calling it finished...I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt (why do I bother...I don't know) right now because everything is at early stages (and it shouldn't be) but we'll see. I'm still waiting to see how HD, well modelled and polished the game will be once we're done with the 'place holder' stage. 

Also, fuck, that vomit shade of yellow-green is so ugly. These models just get uglier by the day lol

Posted (edited)

I always had this problem with the way that Eva picks colors for the characters in the game. Instead of photoshoping the shade himself, he simply puts the hairstyles in grayscale and makes unity slaps a over saturated color on it. Thing is, the shader is horrible. Wich in conclusion makes all hairstyles looks either eye bleeding (Mai Waifu magenta text marker hair) or vomit inducing (like Yuna's hairstyle, wich is clearly vomit green!).

And since Eva loves to lurk in forums to steal ideas, THIS is blonde. Or at least, a unusal shade of it. Please, just change that shitty-ass color. 

redraw3.thumb.png.eaa95e86d3fbe433479349

Edited by Cupcake9

Posted

Just saying, aren't most of those visual novels? You can't really compare a third person 3D game against VN's that are basically books with pictures. Specially Katawa shoujo being a tiny VN when compared to others in the category. ( inb4 hate, I'm a huge visual novel player) 

If YanDev has any brains the game won't be fucking huge as he can optimise everything before calling it finished...I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt (why do I bother...I don't know) right now because everything is at early stages (and it shouldn't be) but we'll see. I'm still waiting to see how HD, well modelled and polished the game will be once we're done with the 'place holder' stage. 

Also, fuck, that vomit shade of yellow-green is so ugly. These models just get uglier by the day lol

toxicity made a comment at the bottom of his post comparing other triple A, mainstream games since he knew people would say that the games he listed are visual novels and should not be compared to a more '3D roaming' game.

Anyway, even if the code was optimized, he'll probably say it was all him and not give the proper credit to the actual programmer who optimized it in the first place. He streams much more and for longer periods of times than other streamers who actually don't even have jobs or a massive project to work on, and that's not even something to be proud of quite frankly.

At this point, I feel like all he really wants to do is stream. He found his fame and is now slowly trying to convert enough people to tune in to his streams, so he can fulfill his actual dream of being a streamer.

(which even then is pretty bad. he has a weird green tint on his streams which looks weird and unpleasant, and his audience just repeats whatever he shouts whether it's just a simple swear word or just a random noise like a group of parrots.)

Posted

toxicity made a comment at the bottom of his post comparing other triple A, mainstream games since he knew people would say that the games he listed are visual novels and should not be compared to a more '3D roaming' game.

Thanks; exactly what I was going to say.

And to the person who didn't read my full post before quoting only half of me, check your reading comprehension. I listed the games on my computer since most of them are made by smaller groups. Even then, The Sims 3 weighs in at less and that one is not a visual novel. My point is, you know there's a problem when alpha build Sociopath Simulator (2GB) is 20% the size of completed Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (10GB).