• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

11451 posts in this topic

Posted

the art kid just looks like a knockoff saeyoung/seven from mystic messenger

Posted (edited)

OKay so I'm an art student and I just wanted to insert my two cents here. Prepare for a rant:

If this is a "realistic" game (haha) then that description of an art club leader makes 0 sense

The club leader is a quiet person who only utters one or two words when asked a question or when critiquing art. Eva, you have no idea how art class works. If I were to ask my art teacher/ any of my fellow art peers for critique on a piece, I would expect an actual fucking conversation on what they see, what they like, what I can improve on, etc. If my teacher were to just say something as vague as "Boring colors" and stroll away, I'd sit there thinking what?? I may sound like I'm over reacting over something as dumb as this character bio, but I just can't stand how Eva acts like he's all high and mighty but has so many inconsistencies when it comes to things like this or his mary sue character. Why not make this art club leader a really opinionated, no nonsense, pretentious like character? Make him seem like an arrogant bossy type of person who gives everyone a negative critique on their work but only because deep down he's really passionate about art and feels he can express himself through it. For him, he sees it as something not to clown around with and wants his fellow students to see it the same way as he does and express themselves because he feels art nowadays is losing what it really means due to artists just seeking to make money instead of a deep conversation.

(Edit: I just realized he also could have made him a better character by basing his traits off of the youtuber Solar Sands, who gives pretty decent critique on art and can be seen as "arrogant" but is really offering valid criticism. That honestly would have been a waaayyy better character) 

But nahhhh let's make him a one dimensional character that could basically be another self insert.

End rant, I apologize to all you lovelies :frowny:

Edited by StrawberryMilk
wanted to add a suggestion

Posted

OKay so I'm an art student and I just wanted to insert my two cents here. Prepare for a rant:

If this is a "realistic" game (haha) then that description of an art club leader makes 0 sense

The club leader is a quiet person who only utters one or two words when asked a question or when critiquing art. Eva, you have no idea how art class works. If I were to ask my art teacher/ any of my fellow art peers for critique on a piece, I would expect an actual fucking conversation on what they see, what they like, what I can improve on, etc. If my teacher were to just say something as vague as "Boring colors" and stroll away, I'd sit there thinking what?? I may sound like I'm over reacting over something as dumb as this character bio, but I just can't stand how Eva acts like he's all high and mighty but has so many inconsistencies when it comes to things like this or his mary sue character. Why not make this art club leader a really opinionated, no nonsense, pretentious like character? Make him seem like an arrogant bossy type of person who gives everyone a negative critique on their work but only because deep down he's really passionate about art and feels he can express himself through it. For him, he sees it as something not to clown around with and wants his fellow students to see it the same way as he does and express themselves because he feels art nowadays is losing what it really means due to artists just seeking to make money instead of a deep conversation.

(Edit: I just realized he also could have made him a better character by basing his traits off of the youtuber Solar Sands, who gives pretty decent critique on art and can be seen as "arrogant" but is really offering valid criticism. That honestly would have been a waaayyy better character) 

But nahhhh let's make him a one dimensional character that could basically be another self insert.

you have every right to rant. This kid doesn't know anything about decent character design or concept; he takes from already licensed characters and does nothing original. His descriptions are lacking in depth and a lot of them contradict each other. He needs to take a character design college class or story telling class. Animation class would benefit him as well. His blatant lack of skills are digging him a deeper grave. If one has no skill to begin with one cannot progress. However skills can be learned an applied. As an art student I see he has potential but he's going about honing his skills all wrong. There is so much he could achieve but his ego is was too inflated and frankly delusional.

Posted

Ha, Alex would never have a "critic" character except as some type of strawman. Alex cannot take criticism at all, so he would never have a character give "good but harsh" constructive criticism to other characters because that would then mean that Alex himself has to admit criticism CAN be harsh but helpful and not, you know, "wah-wah-wah SJW irrational hate me wah-wah-wah out-of-date and out-of-context I'm the victim here slurp!"

It doesn't surprise me how similar the artist's bio is to Nemesis, Luna, and Death. "A mysterious mystery" "what is going on with this character, here's a bunch of possibilities but *wiggles fingers* you have to play my game to find out! wooooo~ Because I'm such an amazing and deep and edgy writer~"

Except...Someone called Alex out on how he "tells" everything about his game and characters in places like reddit, and Alex replied saying it's because he has "limited time and resources" so it's okay for him to break the very foundational rule of "show don't tell." Yet he insults writers EVERYWHERE by claiming he writes "literature." Not fan fics, not stories, not narratives or blogs or whatever synonym. "Literature." Goddamn fucking "rape literature." Like Game of Thrones! Because his skill is totally the same as George RR Martin. When he can't even "show" and has to "tell." fml. 

Alex, I don't think the term "literature" means what you think it means. Here's the definition for you: "writings in which expression and form, in connection with ideas of permanent and universal interest, are characteristic or essential features, as poetry, novels, history, biography, and essays." Permanent and universal interest. Alex is more delusional than anyone could ever have thought if he thinks for even a second that "I Am Your Slave" has permanent and universal interest or that it's comparable to Game of Thrones or any true piece of classic literature.

Speaking of bad writing, the game club leader has a biography now. It's as bad as the artist's. No, it's worse since it is largely another Alex self-insert (although he forgot the "doesn't bathe" detail). I don't know why Alex doesn't just give up with biographies (and actually work on the game and Osana!) and instead just say "all the characters are blank slates with a couple stereotypical roles so that the fans can give them whatever personalities they want." You know, like Volcaloids. It'd make the toxic tween-weeb fanbase shit their pants in happiness, that's for sure.

Posted

Eva... What have you done :frowny:

Uekiya (?) Engeika (???) and Amai Odayaka are literally the same person- they have the same personality and apperance.

Bravo Eva. You ripped off your "own" character. 

Those all new characters are stereotypes (how orginal) without REAL personality. Plus they are ugly as fuck :phftt:

Look at Budo's profile:

"(...) after defeating the previous president"

So Osana was the first president? I just imagined her in Budo's outfit... Those twintails, pink scrunchies and stockings with... No... I just can't ._. 

Budo Masuta loves Osana (and she was the first Martial Arts President...). I hope that everyone realized that this isn't fluky- Eva's fanbase love BudoxAyano (cringy....They just have the same hair color). Our "wonderful developer" is doing everything to make his fanbase hate Osana. 

And those names... I can't even read them (and this isn't my fault).

BudoProfile28317.png

Posted

With the whole Osana being the former Martial arts leader or whatever, could that mean Budo or any of the martial arts members could be matched up with her?

Although I doubt Eva would add an elimination method that doesn't end badly for Osana. He's so hateful towards her :alpacabored:

Posted (edited)

wouldn't it make sense for either asu or osorso to be the former material arts leader? if he wanted one of the rivals to be the former material arts leader. Both asu and osorso are athletic/strong rivals I think it would make sense if it were one of them .

Edited by honeysenpai

Posted

wouldn't it make sense for either asu or osorso to be the former material arts leader? if he wanted one of the rivals to be the former material arts leader. Both asu and osorso are athletic/strong rivals I think it would make sense if it were one of them .

They're both definitely better choices. Osoro being a delinquent though, I'd like to imagine that she'd be kicked out for improper use of martial arts or something like that.

Osana being the previous martial arts leader lol, probably because she's such a meanie tsundere that yells at and fights with Senpai and martial arts = fighting and aggression.

Posted

I bet his logic is Tsundere=angry girl=strong bitch

------------------------------

Anyway, we have an University prrsentation to do, and ny group is leaning towards explaning everything wrong with Yansim, so if you guys wsnt to throw a few things for me (besides obvious thing like shit characters, stolen things, etc), just quote and thank you! 

Posted (edited)

I bet his logic is Tsundere=angry girl=strong bitch

------------------------------

Anyway, we have an University prrsentation to do, and ny group is leaning towards explaning everything wrong with Yansim, so if you guys wsnt to throw a few things for me (besides obvious thing like shit characters, stolen things, etc), just quote and thank you! 

I think you can bring up the fact that alongside Alex's inability to keep up with his schedule, instead of it being due to actual unexpected issues like how it is in most games there's substantial evidence that he isn't even working or barely at all if you ask anyone who works in similar professions and had them explain it to you. 

Also how the  game itself is unorganazined and all over the place as if it was made by making things up as he went on instead of properly planning most if not all of it like how he should have.

Edited by Celica

Posted (edited)

Dunno if you guys saw it, but now Gardening Bitch also has a page on yandere SIN website. I already expressed my hate for that design, but only today I got the courage to edit it. And btw, she is indeed an bootleg Amai, because even their personalities and main traits are the exact same thing. The only diference is that instead of passing time cooking, Gardening Bitch passes time growing weed.

I smell some delicious weed brownies in the room :feelgood:

Edited by fabienne

Posted (edited)

Dunno if you guys saw it, but now Gardening Bitch also has a page on yandere SIN website. I already expressed my hate for that design, but only today I got the courage to edit it. And btw, she is indeed an bootleg Amai, because even their personalities and main traits are the exact same thing. The only diference is that instead of passing time cooking, Gardening Bitch passes time growing weed.

batata.thumb.png.258831d4f6389df3c25d13c

i absolutely adore your edits! Although I think she would look way better without that dumb flower on her head.

I was an aggie in my high school years and never have I've seen someone who deals with plants wear flowers in their hair or enjoy working with their hair down. That might just be me being nitpicky though lmao.

Edited by Helios
The day I can spell is the day Eva makes an original decent character

Posted

i absouletely adore your edits! Although I think she would look way better without that dumb flower on her head.

I was an aggie in my high school years and never have I've seen someone who deals with plants wear flowers in their hair or enjoy working with their hair down. That might just be me being nitpicky though lmao.

Right.

And I don't know but...

Is this just me or she looks like a flower-fairy from fable?  

Posted

Osana probably isn't the old Martial Arts club leader, it's just a fan theory.