• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

YandereDev/ Evaxephon General Thread

10454 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been reading this PULL threat after finding out about it a week ago and today I have read about ten pages of it because it's so interesting... Sorry for the last post, I have realized it was super random... a little bit like this one, but I came to reading page 112 today. That's where Berzuka posted this:

Hidden Content

Hiding some explanation about the code in spoilers. I'm not familiar with the language he's using (i.e. I haven't used it before) but I can help explain some of the basic syntax to you. :)

I'm very tired so forgive me if I make any errors.

1. I'll break the syntax down

"Public override void Update ()"

Public - this just dictates what can access the method. If the method is public, then stuff outside the object can access it. Generally, when programming its seen as better practice to set your methods to "Private" but since I can't see the entire game code, I don't know if this is actually effecting his code negatively.

Override - this just means he is overriding a built-in method/a method from a superclass.

Void - this means that the method doesn't have to return anything (normally methods have to return some kind of variable).

Update() - this is the name of the method. The empty brackets tell us that the method isn't in-taking any parameters (variables).

This is the method declaration and most of this stuff won't change how well his code runs - its the stuff INSIDE the method that changes things.

2. He's declaring a variable of type GameObject named "gameObject". GameObject is a class he has created somewhere else. The only thing wrong with this is that normally you declare default values when creating variables, but he must've written a constructor for the variable somewhere else in the code, so again, there's nothing wrong with this line in isolation.

4. Yep, you're completely correct. He's using nested if statements here and yes, the ! is used for boolean variables. It means the opposite of the current value of the boolean. So for example if

awake = true, !awake = false

However if

asleep = false, !asleep = true

"this." refers to the current object. So, what the code is doing is checking if the canMove() method returns "false". If it does, then the code works through the rest of the if statements to find a condition that fits one of them. If it doesn't, its likely that further code below would either finish the Update() method, or start another series of if statements under the premise of canMove() returning "true".

I'll TLDR the rest because its easier to explain what the code seems to be doing generally.

Basically, this piece of code overrides the method from a superclass and appears to perform a bunch of checks using if statements (known as "control flow statements"). I bet there are probably a lot more if statements if you pasted more of the code! We can't see, but I'm assuming that this code is executed either 1. at regular intervals or 2. when a specific event is triggered. All it does is perform checks by making comparisons and adjust variables accordingly.

As I said above, I'm not familiar with the programming language he's using, but at first glance, I'm already considering how to reduce the number of if statements in his code. if statements are thought of as bad programming practice at a higher level and they do slow your code down.

Hope this helped a little. :)

Posted

https://yanderedev.wordpress.com/2016/12/02/december-2nd-bug-fixing-build-2/

HE RELEASED A BUILD WITH BUG FIXES COS HE SAID THAT THERE WAS HEAPS OF BUGS IN THE LAST ONE???????????? I THOUGHT THE LAST BUILD WAS A BUG FIXING BUILD??? there were major bugs in a bug fixing build??? did you really "fix any bugs" during your vacation?? aw of course he did !!! our little eva baby just oh so LOVES his little game and cant keep away from it! what a dedicated game developer!! :')

Posted

Oh God Yandev, let Harambe rest in peace, please? It's a dead meme already.

Posted

Hello!
I'm new here and I don't know if somebody already said it...I didn't manage to read every page of this thread for now, but I searched the Internet because I wanted to know how Japanese school delinquents look like in real life.
I have a link to the video of Yandere Dev where he presented the delinquents as a new feature of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLSYq_oHICs 

At about 3:50, Yandere Dev showed the delinquents.

After a few minutes of googling, I found the term 'sukeban', which Wikipedia defines as the leader of a girl gang. I searched for pictures of a sukeban because I wanted to know how much the appearance of a sukeban matches the looks of the delinquent leader in Yandere Simulator, and the first result showed this:

sukeban___by_lain_luscious-1.jpg

It looks like the very first design of the delinquents which is seen in the following image, and apparently it has been accidently left in the folder of one built Yandere Dev released before officially presenting the delinquents (credit to the wikia thread about the delinquents of Yandere Simulator).
latest?cb=20160103030006

It's nothing big but I felt I needed to share it.
I'm sorry if my English is bad, I'm not a native Speaker of this language.

hi let me talk to you about this.

I noticed about it myself and I messaged the artist and she was clearly annoyed and asked him to kindly remove them but he was getting all defensive like "Does a character or two thay you drew what, 6-7 years ago matter that much to you" and he kept negotiating it but she insisted so he "altered" their appearance. What a dick tbh. 

Hello!
I'm new here and I don't know if somebody already said it...I didn't manage to read every page of this thread for now, but I searched the Internet because I wanted to know how Japanese school delinquents look like in real life.
I have a link to the video of Yandere Dev where he presented the delinquents as a new feature of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLSYq_oHICs 

At about 3:50, Yandere Dev showed the delinquents.

After a few minutes of googling, I found the term 'sukeban', which Wikipedia defines as the leader of a girl gang. I searched for pictures of a sukeban because I wanted to know how much the appearance of a sukeban matches the looks of the delinquent leader in Yandere Simulator, and the first result showed this:

sukeban___by_lain_luscious-1.jpg

It looks like the very first design of the delinquents which is seen in the following image, and apparently it has been accidently left in the folder of one built Yandere Dev released before officially presenting the delinquents (credit to the wikia thread about the delinquents of Yandere Simulator).
latest?cb=20160103030006

It's nothing big but I felt I needed to share it.
I'm sorry if my English is bad, I'm not a native Speaker of this language.

I noticed about it myself and I messaged the artist and she was clearly annoyed and asked him to kindly remove them but he was getting all defensive like "Does a character or two thay you drew what, 6-7 years ago matter that much to you" and he kept negotiating it but she insisted so he "altered" their appearance. What a dick tbh. 

Posted

yesterday I watched an azzman video and he was talking about megami being a trap because if you listen to her audio with yandere vision on and her voice sounded deeper. I think a cross dressing rival would be interesting because they could cross dress to get close to senpai because senpai is supposed to be straight and wouldn't date a guy but if they didn't know one of the rivals was a guy and you the player did you could use that to eliminate them.

Posted

Hiding some explanation about the code in spoilers. I'm not familiar with the language he's using (i.e. I haven't used it before) but I can help explain some of the basic syntax to you. :)

I'm very tired so forgive me if I make any errors.

Hidden Content

Thank you so much :)
It was a really well written answer and it helped me a lot. I didn't notice you were tired at all :)

The link to the whole code is here:

http://pastebin.com/raw/cu9gDj5Z

I should have posted it in the previous post instead of making a screen shot...sorry for not thinking properly :(

I have some questions or ideas after reading your explanation.

Public override void Update ()": Every "stuff" (= every object within a class?) can override the method named "Update" and this method does'nt need to do anything in return; does this mean that Update () is just there for repeating the subsequent code so that it is up to date after every time the computer went through these lines?

I have read as part of a definition of a method that it influences the behaviour of an object. Doesn't that mean that the method "Update" can always be overridden with itself, so that the code always resets and starts from the beginning (if this makes sense)?

If I understand that correctly, then if the stuff inside the method probably changes the performance of the code, then "Update" must be very complex or cumbersome.

I think I get it :) The screenshot I took was from the very beginning of the code archived on the website, so there wasn't anything above "Public override void Update ()", at least not in the archive.

So those variables are called boolean variables. Thank you :)
I also can see why "this." exists, because if this code is for all objects of a class (like all students), then the values of "CanMove" are not always the same. This is for example the case when students change their shoes at different lockers and at shifted times.

What I got from your explanation is that "Update" has to belong to a superclass, and GameObject belongs to a subordinate class ... therefore, the class containing the method "GameObject" has to have something inherited from the class "Update" belongs to.

Are "PauseScreen" and "CinematicCamera" in other classes under the superclass containing "Update"?

Do if statements slow the computer down because of their nested nature (like the computer starts checking a variable with the first "if", and with encountering another "if", they check a second one, and a third, and after the last "if" is finished, the computer needs to get to the second last to finish that (via having to scan the whole code again), etc.)?
How could this be better solved?

I have an idea that doesn't try to answer the above question. I'm just curious:
If "this.PauseScreen.Show" makes the player not being able to move, why not making it nested into the brackets of "if (!this.Canmove)" exactly like "this.Dumping" or "this.Chipping" instead? I know that it wouldn't be solving all performance problems, but wouldn't it make the computer do at least a bit less work?

Thank you for taking your time to explain, it really helped me understand :)

Posted

yesterday I watched an azzman video and he was talking about megami being a trap because if you listen to her audio with yandere vision on and her voice sounded deeper. I think a cross dressing rival would be interesting because they could cross dress to get close to senpai because senpai is supposed to be straight and wouldn't date a guy but if they didn't know one of the rivals was a guy and you the player did you could use that to eliminate them.

he's wrong. All audio sounds lower in yandere vision.

Posted (edited)

Hi :)
It doesn't really matter what he thinks. If he hurts someone else by making an insult, he is the one to apologize. No one has to forgive him for saying something like "f****t" or "autistic little b****" (which he apparently did, but I don't know where in this thread I read it) if he doesn't say "forgive me" but instead says something meaning "I want you to stop bringing this topic up, therefore I will tell my fanbase my reasons as of why it was appropriate to make those statements, so that my reputation you chose to destroy is clean again".  It is like a Person intentionally broke the arm of another one and asks a third person to forgive them.
It is so disrespectful...

And bringing this into context with what you said...

Creating an informative video takes him some days, as he always says. It takes him time to draft what to say, what to bring in visually, musically etc., record it and post it. If anyone said that his videos are taking too much time in production for what they are, a worthless mess of some pictures, some video recordings, some voiced lines, nothing more, then he would say that it is not true because he put actual effort in it! It wouldn't matter to him whether those videos were one day or one year old. He would think of them as some kind of valuable, every video would be unique to him.

This is why I don't understand why he basically says that her characters are worthless and have to be worthless to her.

It is also a big issue because many people draw unique characters, logos etc. in order to make people associate them with a certain product (like a game, an organization). Having her characters associated with a product and a person that is not her(s) is probably not sitting well with her because first off all, SHE isn't associated with them, second of all, they are associated with a product that will maybe spark negative emotions (thus making her characters useless to her because she cannot make them the face of something she wants people to link with positive emotions) and third of all, no one will give her praise for her unique characters which I think is very imporant.
For Yandere Dev, everyone belongs into a thrash can I believe, and they can only temporarily come out if they have something nice to say about him...
http://yanderedev.tumblr.com/post/148876143075/clearing-up-misunderstandings-part-6-callout
http://stop-yanderedev.tumblr.com/post/144423402121/clearing-up-misunderstandings-part-5-threatening

Edited by cake_lover
Added sources

Posted

Hi :)
It doesn't really matter what he thinks. If he hurts someone else by making an insult, he is the one to apologize. No one has to forgive him for saying something like "f****t" or "autistic little b****" (which he apparently did, but I don't know where in this thread I read it) if he doesn't say "forgive me" but instead says something meaning "I want you to stop bringing this topic up, therefore I will tell my fanbase my reasons as of why it was appropriate to make those statements, so that my reputation you chose to destroy is clean again".  It is like a Person intentionally broke the arm of another one and asks a third person to forgive them.
It is so disrespectful...

And bringing this into context with what you said...

Creating an informative video takes him some days, as he always says. It takes him time to draft what to say, what to bring in visually, musically etc., record it and post it. If anyone said that his videos are taking too much time in production for what they are, a worthless mess of some pictures, some video recordings, some voiced lines, nothing more, then he would say that it is not true because he put actual effort in it! It wouldn't matter to him whether those videos were one day or one year old. He would think of them as some kind of valuable, every video would be unique to him.

This is why I don't understand why he basically says that her characters are worthless and have to be worthless to her.

It is also a big issue because many people draw unique characters, logos etc. in order to make people associate them with a certain product (like a game, an organization). Having her characters associated with a product and a person that is not her(s) is probably not sitting well with her because first off all, SHE isn't associated with them, second of all, they are associated with a product that will maybe spark negative emotions (thus making her characters useless to her because she cannot make them the face of something she wants people to link with positive emotions) and third of all, no one will give her praise for her unique characters which I think is very imporant.
For Yandere Dev, everyone belongs into a thrash can I believe, and they can only temporarily come out if they have something nice to say about him...
http://yanderedev.tumblr.com/post/148876143075/clearing-up-misunderstandings-part-6-callout
http://stop-yanderedev.tumblr.com/post/144423402121/clearing-up-misunderstandings-part-5-threatening

Basically if I didn't email the artist someone else would have noticed it but I'm happy that she found justice (even if what he did was basically change thethe hair colour lmao) 

plus I'd like to say that when he changed the delinquents appearance he did it in a bug fixing build and as listed, he said something in the lines of "Altered the delinquents  appearance because they looked like already existing characters"

if anyone can find the bug fixing build id be nice

Posted (edited)

Basically if I didn't email the artist someone else would have noticed it but I'm happy that she found justice (even if what he did was basically change thethe hair colour lmao) 

plus I'd like to say that when he changed the delinquents appearance he did it in a bug fixing build and as listed, he said something in the lines of "Altered the delinquents  appearance because they looked like already existing characters"

if anyone can find the bug fixing build id be nice

It was too tedious for me to look through all of Yandere Dev's bug-fixes since the time he implemented them, so I let it drop...but I found this:

http://druelbozo.deviantart.com/art/Yandere-SImulator-Female-Delinquent-Hairs-599440074

I found the DeviantArt of Druelbozo, a former modeler of Yandere Simulator. In the comments, he explained that they "changed the characters hair colors because [they] were asked to by the artist of the concept [they] used", while later on stating that they changed the hair styles.

http://druelbozo.deviantart.com/art/Yandere-Simulator-Teacher-HairStyles-588627802
Here, one user thinks that the third hairstyle from left to right Looks like Riven from League, some other said it is Aiko's from Huniepop, and Druelbozo said it was what they tryed to reference...

Edited by cake_lover

Posted

he's wrong. All audio sounds lower in yandere vision.

ok

Posted

Sorry @Generic Loli :(
I realized that when talking about giving credit, valuing the work of others etc., I should give you credit too for notifying the artist about the problem! Actually, doing that never came to my mind, and it is good you did it :)
That's a very good step in the right direction, I think, but I doubt Yandere Dev will ever fully learn....:/

Posted

https://yanderedev.wordpress.com/2016/12/02/december-2nd-bug-fixing-build-2/

HE RELEASED A BUILD WITH BUG FIXES COS HE SAID THAT THERE WAS HEAPS OF BUGS IN THE LAST ONE???????????? I THOUGHT THE LAST BUILD WAS A BUG FIXING BUILD??? there were major bugs in a bug fixing build??? did you really "fix any bugs" during your vacation?? aw of course he did !!! our little eva baby just oh so LOVES his little game and cant keep away from it! what a dedicated game developer!! :')

In before...he actually makes bugs so he can fix it next time. 

Rinse and repeat.

There's no way this game is going to go further on development if he's acting like a lazy developer...and I doubt Eva/Alex will ever go out of that stage, since he might be butthurt that nobody even tries to work for him anymore.

Posted

I have googled a bit in order to find similarities with anime girls and the rivals (because if they are inspired with something, it has to be Anime, because somewhere in this thread there has been some evidence about him saying "If your game is not about anime girls, I don't care for it" (maybe not the exact choice of words)).

I already knew about the uncanny resemblance between Miku and Saki Miyu for example, so I knew it wouldn't be far-fetched...
To sum up, we already know about Oka's (
Hex Maniac Pokémon, Tharja from Fire Emblem: Awakening and Tomoko from WataMote) and Osana's (Chiyo Sakura from "gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun") inspirations through the detective work done in this thread.

I wanted to know what the other rivals are spin-offs of.

I have to say, that I never actually watched one of the following Animes or played those games, so I had to do the research by googling something in the lines of "twindrills anime".

This picture is what shows all the rivals...
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yandere-simulator/images/f/fd/Regrrggrre.png/revision/latest?cb=20161002091040

Kokona:
I read about Miku from Vocaloid being inspiration for Saki Miyu (maybe in this thread, but for sure in one of Kubz Scouts' videos) and I googled a bit more (I googled "twindrills anime") and saw that Kasane Teto looks like Kokona very much...

This is a picture of Kasane:
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/vocaloid/images/0/09/Official.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111208150224

I also found this:
http://images.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg12.deviantart.net%2F75e5%2Fi%2F2012%2F302%2F9%2F6%2Fmmd_twin_drill_pack_by_amiamy111-d5jd5j6.png&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Famiamy111.deviantart.com%2Fart%2FMMD-twin-Drill-pack-334857282&h=780&w=1270&tbnid=VorGxjWxtmISnM%3A&vet=1&docid=kCYQBtB076i-_M&ei=9qVFWPueJumC6QSIhr6YDg&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1517&page=0&start=0&ndsp=38&ved=0ahUKEwj78Zn9y93QAhVpQZoKHQiDD-MQMwgiKAgwCA&bih=828&biw=1745

The comments on this picture go back to 2012, so this picture has taken no inspiration from Yandere Simulator if it is that old.
I see Saki Miyu's recent hair (the second from left to right. You have to imagine it a little bit stretched in lenght), Kokona's former Tornado hair (second last at the bottom), and Kizana's hair (the silver hair at the top) in this image...

Here are the three hair styles as a comparison:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yandere-simulator/images/6/60/2-8-16SakiKatana.png/revision/latest/zoom-crop/width/240/height/240?cb=20160213212602
(Saki's recent hair style)

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yandere-simulator/images/8/8a/Kokona_Haruka_5th_Profile_Picture.png/revision/latest?cb=20151115125117
(Kokona's hair style)

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/yandere-simulator/images/c/c3/Kizana_Sunobu_Blushing_Full.png/revision/latest/top-crop/width/240/height/240?cb=20160929224948
(Kizaza's hair style (at least the "twin crossaints"))

I took most of those pictures from the Wikia pages...

Osoro Shidesu:
I literally googled "blonde delinquent" and this was one of the results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLHaFfIEvik
I have never seen this Anime, but apparently it is called "Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic", and it could be the inspiration for Osoro!

Asu Rito:
I googled "female cook anime" and it showed an image with who look like Asu! She is called Ikumi Mito from "Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma". Hmm...I don't know what you think, but I think she looks like her a lot.

Senpai's sister:
Without the following remark of Kubz Scouts reacting to the Rival Introduction Video, I wouldn't have been able to make the connection...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBzOrscIac

At about 8:20, he said that the line "Welcome home, big brother!" reminded him of Nanako from Persona. He let an extract of his Persona let's play pop up in order to show what he means, and I have to say that I believe that Hanako is some kind of rip-off... (Hanako...Nanako...wtf? I just realized :D)

I'm sorry, but I didn't find out about Amai, the nurse, the teacher, or Megami...

Some character other than the rivals:

Info-Chan:
Junichirou Kagami from "Denpa Kyoushi" looks like a male Info-Chan to me...
http://ami.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/thumbs/200/11498-82949879.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Nice and interesting tidbits! 

On the Rivals image I actually forgot the first girl in the pic. Is that Saki? I think that's Saki with a change of hair color. If that's not Saki please correct me (my Yansim memories have been vague already lol).

That orange haired girl resembles Asuna Kagurazaka from the anime/manga Negima. That pose had almost reminded me of her. 

The lavender-haired girl resembles someone familiar, too.

Can anyone find out who did the drawing of the rivals? I'm not certain it's Eva who did it...along with that we can see noticeable stuff among the girls - big legs and big boobs. From what I can remember, Senpai's younger sister is supposed to be a first year(?) or grade student. But she doesn't look like it...

On the MMD stuff: We can most certainly confirm now that he stole MMD assets...and well, not just assets, the things used as character models too since I've taken a hold of MMD models myself and I can see the resemblances. 

Edited by Undyne