instagram Sarah McDaniel

4992 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought I would try to change the subject. That movie that Sarah will be in, The Row, is going to be released in theatres on July 27. Will anyone be going to see it? lol

Posted

@House and others, I agree with everything you’ve said. For me it’s like when people post photos of Kylie Jenner before she got her lips done and call her ugly. Are we criticising Sarah for her natural form and calling her ugly and gross, or are we saying her padding and photoshop is ridiculous and she should accept herself in her natural state and finally stop fucking lying to herself and others? Because you can’t do both in my opinion. You can’t simultaneously crisicise her for being deeply insecure about her natural body and changing it through various means, and at the same time fuel those same insecurities by saying she’s disgusting naturally because she doesn’t conform to the current societal ‘ideal’. Wtf is she supposed to do exactly? 

Posted

@House and others, I agree with everything you’ve said. For me it’s like when people post photos of Kylie Jenner before she got her lips done and call her ugly. Are we criticising Sarah for her natural form and calling her ugly and gross, or are we saying her padding and photoshop is ridiculous and she should accept herself in her natural state and finally stop fucking lying to herself and others? Because you can’t do both in my opinion. You can’t simultaneously crisicise her for being deeply insecure about her natural body and changing it through various means, and at the same time fuel those same insecurities by saying she’s disgusting naturally because she doesn’t conform to the current societal ‘ideal’. Wtf is she supposed to do exactly? 

Not lie in the first place.

Posted (edited)

Not lie in the first place.

sure, but that is something only Sarah has control over and doesn’t excuse or justify the hypocrisy here imo - feeding into the very narrow view of feminine beauty that makes Sarah (and so many other women) so miserable about their real bodies and faces. Some women, especially already beautiful and attractive women, learn from a very early age that they are valued for their appearance above all else, and subsequently their self worth is inextricably tied to being beautiful and seeking validation from others.

Maybe this is armchair psychology, but IMO everything Sarah does is fuelled by that desperate need for validation and calling her disgusting and ugly only exacerbates that compulsion. 

Edited by Emeraldine

Posted

Wait did anyone mention how in this video she was saying “you need a sterile environment..” then proceeds to use her nonsterile hand to touch all over the glove that supposedly needs to be sterile LOL

E2B30641-7AE8-4058-B5CB-1C0560084120.jpeg

Posted

I find it quite shocking the ease with which she is able to lie about herself, it’s like she’s convinced herself it’s true 

Posted

sure, but that is something only Sarah has control over and doesn’t excuse or justify the hypocrisy here imo - feeding into the very narrow view of feminine beauty that makes Sarah (and so many other women) so miserable about their real bodies and faces. Some women, especially already beautiful and attractive women, learn from a very early age that they are valued for their appearance above all else, and subsequently their self worth is inextricably tied to being beautiful and seeking validation from others.

Maybe this is armchair psychology, but IMO everything Sarah does is fuelled by that desperate need for validation and calling her disgusting and ugly only exacerbates that compulsion. 

I get what you're saying, I do. What you're asking for is society to change how they treat how people view themselves. 

Consider this, even when told to her face and shown proof of her lies, she lies even more. There is no saving her. She HAS to make her own reality and you cannot do it for her.

Posted

I get what you're saying, I do. What you're asking for is society to change how they treat how people view themselves. 

Consider this, even when told to her face and shown proof of her lies, she lies even more. There is no saving her. She HAS to make her own reality and you cannot do it for her.

Agreed. She isn’t insecure, she’s a compulsive liar at this point. Like if she were so in need of validation she’d stop lying and wouldn’t go so out of her way to further her made up life. She’s cocky to be able to constantly just make things up, and as someone else said she wouldn’t have the courage to show her face off in TV shows and movies if she were really insecure.

Posted (edited)

I find it quite shocking the ease with which she is able to lie about herself, it’s like she’s convinced herself it’s true 

Just getting a chance to watch this properly - the first 15 mins or so of this is actually so uncomfortable, those guys are such douchebags talking about wanking to playboy while Sarah just sits there with very little to say, trying to be one of the boys. I actually feel so much secondhand uncomfortableness for her. Why did she agree to go on this? It’s cringy as fuck

It did make make me laugh that they start quoting her Wikipedia page halfway through - can you imagine if they’d seen it just after someone had made an edit and full on exposed her mid interview? 🙈

It’s so weird with Sarah because I get the sense that she feels really uncomfortable talking about doing playboy etc and people talking about her in a sexual way, she seems much happier when she’s talking about all the random shit she’s into - like all she wants is to be taken seriously and be seen as a human being rather than an object, yet she is consistently compelled to objectify herself. Or maybe it’s because she feels like a fraud because most of her image as a ‘sexy goddess’ girl with heterochromia is based on complete and utter lies and bullshit. 

Edited by Emeraldine