• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Texan In Tokyo

1228 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just a reminder that back then, YouTube wasn't as big as a money maker when these guys were around so the need for views weren't a priority for income. Also for the comment on *white/Asian couple*  Jun came up with the "myhusbandisjapanese" 

Edited by saber932

Posted

Just a reminder that back then, YouTube wasn't as big as a money maker when these guys were around so the need for views weren't a priority for income. Also Jun came up with the "myhusbandisjapanese"

Uhh wrong thread? This is texanintokyo

Posted (edited)

Uhh wrong thread? This is texanintokyo

Nope I was mentioning a comment above that didnt get quoted apparently 🤦(thanks phone) it was the person mentioning who started the *husband is japanese trend* and that Rachel  wasnt to be blamed for that. Another point was international/interracial relationships weren't a money maker on YouTube as they are these days. ( Sad but true)

Edit:I'm in an interracial relationship and it bugs me when I see "get a Japanese bf or my husband is from Thailand posts" and I see a lot of them recently with the click bait titles. So down vote me all you want 🤷‍♀️ it's a shitty way to earn income

Yeah I saw this thread and use to watch them a long time ago. I was wondering what they were up to these days.

I can totally understand why they'd give up vlogging. They aren't living in Japan anymore so their former subscribers would probably drop precipitously since I would guess like 90% of them were watching specifically to vicariously live in Japan through them. Plus having a child is a very time consuming activity.  

Also agreed their current jobs and city seem great, for some reason I thought they were in a small town rural type area. All things considered, they seem to have one of the best/smoothest j-vlogger transitions out there. Prancing around Japan making videos is fun in your 20s, but it probably doesn't pay enough to raise a child, and their popularity would decline as they got older and less interesting/relatable to their young viewers. Not too many "life of a 40 something housewife in Japan" youtubers... at least in English

They made a video why they gave up and still were living in japan. They just didn't want that life anymore of being on the internet and eventually wanted kids.

Edited by saber932

Posted

They made a video why they gave up and still were living in japan. They just didn't want that life anymore of being on the internet and eventually wanted kids.

they live in Austin now. So their popularity would have dropped immensely once they left.

Posted

Their videos were so relaxing to watch after coming home from high school

Posted

Posted (edited)

socially awkward guy swears he watched all of texan in tokyo vids yet couldn't remember that their name isn't 'texan in japan', then performs being upset that some strangers dont want to sit and talk with him for a whole train ride.

Edited by mcgsy

Posted

socially awkward guy swears he watched all of texan in tokyo vids yet couldn't remember that their name isn't 'texan in japan', then performs being upset that some strangers dont want to sit and talk with him for a whole train ride.

Ew what a creep. No one is obligated to start chatting with strangers.

Posted

I don’t know at what point in time this was when he met them but this guy is famous for hanging out with Mira (kanadajin3) back in the day some even go as far to say he’s the sole reason she converted to Islam which I believe there’s some truth to that so there’s a possibility that during this time he was hanging out with Mira and the whole Miragate happened before Texan in Tokyo’s time so it’s possible they were like oh no because he was hanging out with a well known disliked jvlogger at the time but I’m just speculating of course 

Posted

image.jpg

Posted

image.jpg

Well they got at least one of the kids they wanted. Good for them, I hope they are happy.

Posted

Nope I was mentioning a comment above that didnt get quoted apparently 🤦(thanks phone) it was the person mentioning who started the *husband is japanese trend* and that Rachel  wasnt to be blamed for that. Another point was international/interracial relationships weren't a money maker on YouTube as they are these days. ( Sad but true)

Edit:I'm in an interracial relationship and it bugs me when I see "get a Japanese bf or my husband is from Thailand posts" and I see a lot of them recently with the click bait titles. So down vote me all you want 🤷‍♀️ it's a shitty way to earn income

Yeah I saw this thread and use to watch them a long time ago. I was wondering what they were up to these days.

I think theres something to be said about bowing out gracefully. 

Posted

Come on now.. didn't they want to avoid their kids being posted on social media?

Also, I can tell exactly where this is. :/ 

Posted

Come on now.. didn't they want to avoid their kids being posted on social media?

Also, I can tell exactly where this is. :/

To their defense you can't see the kids face in that pic.

Posted

I think theres something to be said about bowing out gracefully. 

Too late 🤷