• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Texan In Tokyo

1222 posts in this topic

Posted

Idk if I'm reading your statement wrong or not but just in case either way. Grace's family:

Screen_Shot_2016-08-16_at_15.31.26.thumb

source - http://howibecametexan.com/2014/03/23/my-big-fat-texas-wedding/

Also to add to the list of known aliases: Grace Robbin was used as a name, though not a handle. Robbin in general was used as a name. She's also used Robbinyoh, though google search results for that mostly pull up an old yahoo email that her dad posted on his blog while she was doing her boarding school stint, a defunct picasa account, and some suggestions for some rando person in Ohio who is clearly not at all connected with Grace. 

The post her dad made about sending her off to boarding school is here: https://servinginghana.wordpress.com/2007/09/07/reality-break-it-is-finished/ He's got sub-headings and the like on things where he talks about other stuff, but it's pretty obvious where the conversation about dropping Grace off at school starts. I did cap it in case it disappears, but I doubt it will.

ahh i see that would have explained everything  it slip through my mind , its just  that grace stopped mentioning her family or that if she even talks to them or not , i know that her dad usually Emails her because he is always thinking about her but i don't usually see her talking about her siblings , its as if she sort of left them out of the picture in her life :/  

Posted

"The Asian have the cute skinny eyes. But I agree, only the celebrities look really cute with their fake, blow up comestic eyes. Everyone else just has long hair and slanty eyes."

Oh my goooodddd

And the one on down where she's complaining Japanese men are selfish and don't wanna date "us gaijin" girls and how Japanese women will get knocked up by the first white guy to say they like them. OHHHH MY GOOOODDDD.

I just started reading but holy shit. She would have been much better off getting rid of this account and her racist triads than her kinky gay fanfiction.

Posted (edited)

Wow...  

She says she acts like she "evolved" on those opinions. 

At least she was honest about being lazy in her younger years.  

I don't know why, but that comment about her dad "cutting off her credit card because she made a B" caught me.  A B?!  Just over a B?  

What course was it?  Because some classes are tough and was she studying in another language?  

Plus there is culture shock and living on your own.  

Maybe there is more to the story and Grace was making it sound like it was only the B, but still...  

After reading that, the flakes section definitely suits her.  

Edited by All Over The World

Posted

Oh god, that post about dating a 20 year old. Nope, NOPE. There is a huge difference between a 15 year old dating a 20 year old and something like a 26 year old dating a 31 year old. I know a lot of this was younger Grace but that along with some of the stuff we've seen more recently definitely deserves her going into the flakes section. 

Posted

Wow...  

She says she acts like she "evolved" on those opinions. 

At least she was honest about being lazy in her younger years.  

I don't know why, but that comment about her dad "cutting off her credit card because she made a B" caught me.  A B?!  Just over a B?  

What course was it?  Because some classes are tough and was she studying in another language?  

Plus there is culture shock and living on your own.  

Maybe there is more to the story and Grace was making it sound like it was only the B, but still...  

After reading that, the flakes section definitely suits her.  

Meh, I'll stick up for Daddy Buchele. Maybe they had a deal? I give you the credit card while you are in Japan to spend on what you want, but you need to get straight A's kind of deal? Sounds reasonable, since it's not like teenage grace was supporting herself for everything else, and probably had it all ~fundraised~ by mommy and daddy's church:haiplz:

Or weeby Grace just wanted to seem more ~asian~ by having parents who wanted her having straight A's all of the time. (Wouldn't put it past her to think like this, especially after her slanty eyes comment lmfao) 

Posted (edited)

I would say be careful about projecting 15-y/o Grace's ideas/ views onto current Grace. People do grow up (sometimes), so it's not like she couldn't have changed.

That said, from my POV she didn't change that much. If she did, she would've accepted her weeb phase instead of burying it; it's not that she needs to make a video about it, but even a comment or something saying "oh geez I went through that phase thankfully it's over" or something. The fact that she refuses to accept it shows me she's not really moved on, that she's still ashamed of what she said only because it's "unacceptable", not because her comments have something inherently wrong with them, and isn't mature enough to admit it.

Edited by redbowkiki
werdz

Posted

I would say be careful about projecting 15-y/o Grace's ideas/ views onto current Grace. People do grow up (sometimes), so it's not like she couldn't have changed.

That said, from my POV she didn't change that much. If she did, she would've accepted her weeb phase instead of burying it; it's not that she needs to make a video about it, but even a comment or something saying "oh geez I went through that phase thankfully it's over" or something. The fact that she refuses to accept it shows me she's not really moved on, that she's still ashamed of what she said only because it's "unacceptable", not because her comments have something inherently wrong with them, and isn't mature enough to admit it.

I agree with you, who isn't an annoying, problematic twat at 15. That said, I think this paints a very different picture than Grace has portrayed. she does the classic former weeb gaijin wife "I so happenly met my Japanese husband, I wasn't a weeb, we met purely by chance. :anime:" but when you see her posts from studying in Japan, she's been hunting down Japanese men for a loooong time. Like you said, it's about fully accepting it and not trying to cover it up like a dark secret. This leads back to her superiority complex. She painted herself as something she's not, refusing to accept any flaws even as a 15 year old kid. :/ 

Posted

Hello everyone, first post on this thread but after I read the summary I just had to post here.

I'll try to read the whole thread later on and I'll just leave my two cents here regarding something that really bothered me when I saw it on the first page: Her art. I used to draw and sketch for years and I've been active on lots of art platforms as well as forums, so I've seen quite a lot of differents styles, skills and style/skill evolutions. With this in mind I came to the conclusions, that her art is wildly overrated to put in a modest way. If it wasn't for the stories in her books I can't imagine anyone would buy this. It's not her style in art that bothers me, it's rather the lack in correct anatomy, interesting poses or clean colorations. I don't even think that you can talk of her art as stylized, because stylized would mean she basically knows realistic anatomy or even realistic potrayal and simply modifies it in her art, yet it stills looks anatomically correct and therefore pleasing for the viewer in the outcome, which is obviously not the case. Artists who can pull off a similiar "cute" or "chibi" style like the one Grace uses are for example Kevin Bolk or Sara Pocock and you instantly can spot the huge difference when it comes to skill here.

Now I don't have a problem with "average" artists having a large amount of followers, as long as it doesn't affect the artist's perspective of view on their own skills. When you can still point out lacks in anatomy or things that you wish to improve in your own art despite having a large amout of followers who tell you it's awesome what you're doing anyway, you're good. But lots of artists tend to establish a huge ego instead and think they're on a professional level as soon as they get lots of positive feedback. The problem here isn't that they get positive feedback, it's completely normal to think you're good, when reviews are positive, it's more that the artists tend to not care from which person they get feedback. First of all, when you have already a YouTube channel with loyal followers, the majority of them will tell you that your art is good no matter what. Second, what does a "OMG that looks so perfect, masterpiece!!" from a 14-year old with no art education or knowledge about anatomy/skills mean? It may give you a warm feeling, but there's no chance that you can improve your art with this comment or tell that you've improved because it's coming from someone who just isn't really into the field of art. It's totally okay to be happy about other people being happy with your art, but you shouldn't get on a high horse without bothering to search for reviews from people who maybe are skilled artists themselves or are into this kind of subject.

The fact that Grace is so full of herself when it comes to her art makes me guess that she didn't really consider my last point here, because a skilled artist would've told her that maybe she is on the right way, but there is still room for improvement.

Sorry for the rant, just had to get this off my mind :alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

I agree with you, who isn't an annoying, problematic twat at 15. That said, I think this paints a very different picture than Grace has portrayed. she does the classic former weeb gaijin wife "I so happenly met my Japanese husband, I wasn't a weeb, we met purely by chance. :anime:" but when you see her posts from studying in Japan, she's been hunting down Japanese men for a loooong time. Like you said, it's about fully accepting it and not trying to cover it up like a dark secret. This leads back to her superiority complex. She painted herself as something she's not, refusing to accept any flaws even as a 15 year old kid. :/ 

In her former blogs, she always lists things she wanted as traits for herself.  Even her comics are all over the place.  

In early blogs the hobbies she listed painted her as an outdoors person, but I've never heard of her go camping or on any real hike (beyond a short day trip up a touristy mountain).  She lists in her gaia online that she does "sports all the time so I (she) got a nice bod."  

I feel like TNT changes "faces" too fast.  It doesn't feel like a natural transition from one phase of life to the next. It feels more like that of someone desperate trying to borrow what worked in other people's life and slip it on as their own, then say "this is me".  

But the mask never fits quite right because it's not really hers.  

To me, it's like when she finds a new "interest" and crowd, she discards the former one.  It would be like walking up to the soccer team and saying, "I've always loved soccer. My brother played soccer.  It's been my lifelong dream".  Then you lose a few games and get banged up and find out you aren't very good at it.  So you cut out that group.  

Then you go up to the field hockey team and say, "I've always loved field hockey. My sister played field hockey.  It's been my lifelong dream."  But you aren't good at that either.  

So you go to the art club and say, "I've always loved art. My mother could draw. It's been my lifelong dream."  

And just keep repeating until something works enough for you to call it your "lifelong dream".  I feel like that's what Grace does.  

She writes her own life story as a fiction. That's why her timeline doesn't add up (see previous comments for that) and that's why she can't admit to her weeb past.  When she made friends with her "new" crowd, that probably wasn't the story she told them about her past.  She rewrote her history and can't admit to that.  

What weeb past?  Never happened.  She totally wasn't hot for Japanese guys. Nope, you must be thinking of a different Grace. Cosplay? She never did that.  Never happened and she'll destroy as much evidence as needed to prove that.

Edited by All Over The World

Posted

This thread has now been moved to the Little Snowflakes section.

Barack-Obama-Saying-It-is-Law.gif

Posted

Shout out to Grace for finally making it into the Snowflake section :hurrplz:

giphy.gif

Posted

Congratulations, Grace! :alpacafedup:

Posted

Those screenshots are gold. She said she was proud to be the only person in her school to only speak one language. How is that something to be proud of? 

Posted

should we put the summery in the main page :Alpacaconfused:  because the summery is in page 29 

@Plum

thanks that helps a lot ^_^ theres so much stuff about this girl i had no idea about.

Posted

Congratulations to Grace for finally making it to the flakes! :P

But seriously her need to just erase evidence is so bad, soooo many people have gone through a weeby cringey teen stage, that's not anything to be so ashamed of. Theres a difference between deleting old accounts/posts because they're your embarrassing past (lord knows I've deleted some particularly horrible fanfic from my middle school days) but deleting them and flat out denying they ever happened is just too much. The fact that she tries so hard to deny they existed basically implies that some of those sentiments she had in the past are still probably there.