• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

359 posts in this topic

Posted

aren't women advised to breast feed after they give birth , won't a boob job interfere with that?  the children part of my argument may be reaching but with her audience they're about as impressionable as a a bunch of children.

Late to the party and OT so spoilers, but I work in maternity. :alpacaheadshake:

You can very much breastfeed after having had surgery! It just may take a little bit of time for positioning and attachment to become comfortable for both mother and baby, but it's not impossible. It's well publicised that Katie Price (Jordan) - an ex glamour model from the UK who has had multiple breast surgeries - breastfed most if not all of her children. I felt I should lend my two cents as this is something I actually work with on a daily basis. :alpacawink:

In terms of Sunny, I have never really warmed to her but like many have said here, she doesn't seem to be as bad as some of the other bloggers out there. I just do not see the obsession with all these YTbers who use KOREAN as clickbait. Seriously, it's getting boring. 

Posted

In Youtube Indonesia... she's really blow up after her PS, and i'm so sick of it. Her fans in Indonesia is basically a koreaboo, because tbh there's another korean girl that really cringy but popular just because her race.  Her name is Han yoo ra, and yes she's friend with her. And honestly at first i don't really have a opinion about her, because yes she's pretty even before her PS. But after i learned that she's bff with kim dao. Err, to me I find Kim dao is pretty obnoxious, find pleasures in looking down at others, and indeed snowflakey. If I were her, i don't want to be associated with someone like her, but peeps with similiar likes, appearance, or behavior hang together, as in a clique. Jeez.

Andd she kinda addicted to PS right now (2 procedures in one year? FOR FREE?). Her PS for her boobs is kinda unnecessary, If it ain't broke, please don't fix it. Addiction is a real deal. (ok, it seems pretty harsh but not really. If PS really improved your quality of happiness, i'm all for it. But after i'm scrolling through her IG, her old picture before PS...is gone. I really love youtuber with personality or at least self-acceptance, but if she doesn't like her truest self *cough* face *cough* , i don't think i can love her if she even doesn't love her own self.

so that's my two cents. 

All of this feels true and it's sad. I'm happy for Sunny to feel better about herself from surgery, and from her yt channel blowing up, because she really is such a sweet and kind person, but the korea vlogger yt clique she hangs out with + and kim dao are for the most part...erm..... very snowflakey. I think she [Sunny] just really wanted to, in the past (like one or two years ago), really reeeally wanted to be more outgoing and have more friends (idr where I read or saw this) and she started meeting with edward and all those vlog people. And then her content started to kind of reflect that.. which is fine imo. You're a product of your enviroment. But I think it's unfortunate that most of her yt-friends end up being some level of koreaboo... and her videos could easily become koreaboo pandering :S .... and she's bff with kim dao, and every vlog with her in it is just as boring as kim's videos. :P 

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna say what I said on the celia/sonia thread but ID plastic surgery is NOT one of the best. It is NOT recommended. The problem is not exactly sponsored surgery imo (I'd accept it too) but the problem is that she accepts free surgery from a company that isn't known for the best results; they've managed to clear their name quite a lot due to cheap surgery and offering it for free to so many but no one would really ever recommend it otherwise. To put yourself through such a risk and to promote it rubs me the wrong way. Also, she acts as if it's a simple fix with 'side effects that fade quickly' whereas it's not. For the sake of what? Promoting the company? Seems off to me. She butchered her face with the fat grafting and jawline surgery. Her bone structure was PERFECT and it would have matched her double eyelids SO well. It's a shame but she seems to be happy at least.

She was so genuine before and now she's turned into your average boring guru trying to appeal to an audience (in this case; mostly weebs) It's all about looking like an idol and interacting with idols and I'm not interested in any of that. She also seems to be doing this for the money now. Her voice is super annoying too so I just unfollowed her. Also the whole Kim Dao thing put me off so badly lmao I didn't think she was such a low life to actually group against someone with another wannabe guru.

Edited by saltycookie

Posted

I'm gonna say what I said on the celia/sonia thread but ID plastic surgery is NOT one of the best. It is NOT recommended. The problem is not exactly sponsored surgery imo (I'd accept it too) but the problem is that she accepts free surgery from a company that isn't known for the best results; they've managed to clear their name quite a lot due to cheap surgery and offering it for free to so many but no one would really ever recommend it otherwise. To put yourself through such a risk and to promote it rubs me the wrong way. Also, she acts as if it's a simple fix with 'side effects that fade quickly' whereas it's not. For the sake of what? Promoting the company? Seems off to me. She butchered her face with the fat grafting and jawline surgery. Her bone structure was PERFECT and it would have matched her double eyelids SO well. It's a shame but she seems to be happy at least.

She was so genuine before and now she's turned into your average boring guru trying to appeal to an audience (in this case; mostly weebs) It's all about looking like an idol and interacting with idols and I'm not interested in any of that. She also seems to be doing this for the money now. Her voice is super annoying too so I just unfollowed her. Also the whole Kim Dao thing put me off so badly lmao I didn't think she was such a low life to actually group against someone with another wannabe guru.

Exactly. Before her PS, her video is kinda ok, i can relate to her and even have sympathy for her. (because i can come across to be really salty lol, so that's a win for her) and after that, i even think that the only good thing about her (or her selling point) because she's korean. Her video really catering koreaboo, clickbaity and there's no concept or even structure, she just rumbling dis and dat. Ugh. I bet her viewer only watched her just to staring at her botched face. i'm salty lol.

I do  too really think she faking her voice right now, i don't know why, maybe i'm reaching. And she is definitely a follower lol, nothing screams individuality from her.   

Posted

i've read on megan's thread these companies offer procedures to foreigners because their ranking is low. imo if you wanna do get cosmetic surgery i think research is important. maybe sunny didn't know or just didn't care because she was getting things done for free... it IS scary if you think about it. it's like a way of cheating the system offering things for free so their name gets cleared. 

Posted

i agree, she can do wht she wants with her body, she never claimed it wasnt sponsored and it can be educational for some. My only gripe with her is that most recently a) she didn't disclose explicitly that products were sent to her or sponsored (she would say "I bought" when in reality they sent it or she picked it and they sent it. for example her iherb haul and her chuu makeup video) and b) the tacky font she uses in her thumbnail (if you ever read this sunny, please change it!!)

oh i didn't know about that i thought it was about her plastic surgery. well lol thats what i get for being uneducated. she should show when items are sponsored or not. if blogs have to do it then she has to as well.

Posted

This news channel did a pretty good job if you're interested in the plastic surgery world. The thing they mention that bloggers never will is that there's a lot malpractice in this world, the hospital the mini documentary is centered around (ID hospital) has some lawsuits against them. Plastic surgery hospitals are pretty much a dime a dozen now so you have to be hella careful where you go, especially since Korea doesn't have strict regulations like America does

Posted (edited)

This news channel did a pretty good job if you're interested in the plastic surgery world. The thing they mention that bloggers never will is that there's a lot malpractice in this world, the hospital the mini documentary is centered around (ID hospital) has some lawsuits against them. Plastic surgery hospitals are pretty much a dime a dozen now so you have to be hella careful where you go, especially since Korea doesn't have strict regulations like America does

thank you, I saw this in recommended but didn't watch

edit: some points from the video

This is scary, in NA for most if not all surgeries that require someone needing general or spinal anesthesia are done by the anesthesiologist NOT a nurse or doctor. Such practice can be dangerous and can lead to death (it has happened many times due to dosing error/not monitoring/terrible pre-op prep)

Screenshot_20170120-110650_01.thumb.png.Screenshot_20170120-110653_01.thumb.png.Screenshot_20170120-110701_01.thumb.png.Screenshot_20170120-110704_01.thumb.png.

This woman had the same sagging as sunny did

Screenshot_20170120-110754_01.thumb.png.Screenshot_20170120-110758_01.thumb.png.

Edited by milkytea
added screenshots

Posted (edited)

thank you, I saw this in recommended but didn't watch

edit: some points from the video

This is scary, in NA for most if not all surgeries that require someone needing general or spinal anesthesia are done by the anesthesiologist NOT a nurse or doctor. Such practice can be dangerous and can lead to death (it has happened many times due to dosing error/not monitoring/terrible pre-op prep)

Screenshot_20170120-110650_01.thumb.png.Screenshot_20170120-110653_01.thumb.png.Screenshot_20170120-110701_01.thumb.png.Screenshot_20170120-110704_01.thumb.png.

This woman had the same sagging as sunny did

Screenshot_20170120-110754_01.thumb.png.Screenshot_20170120-110758_01.thumb.png.

wow, i honestly shocked about this! because tbh after i watched sunny video about her ps, i am considering myself get one too. and the way she makes her video, she implied there nothing wrong with her 'clinic'. she doesn't stated the risk (beside her fear for being botched for permanently), even she happy with the results, her v-line kinda too harsh and also makes her face really similiar to Wengie, because truth to be told if i don't know her, i really thought they were siblings or something.

comparison.jpg.5a10f79a532883ef2cb79ef1d 

i visit her clinic's website and if you logged in, there's a lot of girls that basically begging for a free procedure from them. I think Sunny give them her proposal, if not then why the hell they found her? so i think that it's so easy to get free procedure from them. You just need to be a youtuber (iirc her subs is 300k-ish when her first PS), bilingual, and bam! You are now 'pretty'! (that's what her doctor said during her last consultation).

I think i just need to accept what my momma gives me rather than die from anaesthesia.

Edited by byemia
words

Posted

I used to sometimes watch her videos and some of her videos are okay but some are just really boring imo so I never followed her closely.

Judging her just based on the fact that she got sponsored plastic surgery is wrong but yeah I have to agree that she's kind of promoting a clinic that's not that great and in general the way she talked about that whole thing could've been better. She should've talked about risks and stuff (but I guess it also depends on what was stated in her contract for the sponsorship... she just should've chosen better)

Also overall she doesn't seem like she's that bad of a person, maybe a bit fake (but who on the internet isn't) but after learning about the whole kimdao thing and her being Kim's bff.... I don't think I can support her. If she's friends with that kind of person I can't trust her

Posted (edited)

yes, I absolutely agree. With the help of PS and her friends she's gone from a genuine persom to someone who just feels fake to me, like she's putting on a really upbeat positive personality when in reality nobody is that positive all the time. Reminds me of a video I saw where they explained theories as to why clowns are creepy: they're always smiling so subconsciously we realize we never know what they're really thinking/feeling, as opposed to normal people whose expression changed based on the situation. Not trying to imply she's a clown or anything, but that's personally what I feel like when listening to her  constantly upbeat voice. It seems like to me that in her Youtube career, she started off as someone trying to be very honest about everything (with her storytimes and then her choice to publish her PS), to someone who tries hard to be a Youtuber (with her positive persona, friends like Kim Dao, and the constantly increasing amount of PS). I dont think all of her PS was bad, and it's absolutely her choice, but there is a very delicate line between getting PS for yourself and getting PS because you think it'll make others like you more. As someone else pointed out, she's mildly starting to resemble Wengie.

PS. I dont even know why but I absolutely hate her fringe. I know it's a trend in Korea(?) but it just bugs me on her. Makes it look like she has really sparse hair or something in my opinion, and just... no. I think she would look much better without the fringe.

Edited by elojise

Posted

She posted a new video about her mum plastic surgery ! What do you guys think ?

Posted

She posted a new video about her mum plastic surgery ! What do you guys think ?

I thought it was very weird that she made it look like she's being a filial daughther by giving her mom plastic surgery that is probably sponsored to begin with. I've heard of giving your parents a spa day or skin treatments.. even Botox but this is extreme. 

Posted

If her mom wants it then it's fine? But still this is so weird....

However in the comments a lot her followers want to give their mom ps as gifts now. Wow wtf.:notimp:

Capture.thumb.JPG.e2c66c1553e1d651a978db

Posted

"I want to do it to my grandma and great grandma"

I hope that's sarcasm lol