• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

361 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't like how he keeps interrupting her in their vlogs especially when she's struggling with finding the right words. That would be so annoying for me. I know she's mentioned before that her languages are ranked in proficiency: Indonesian, Korean and then English last. It just feels kinda obnoxious to me that he keeps interrupting her.

Posted

Anyone watch Okano’s newest video with Sunny in Seoul? It was pretty cringy. So much slow motion of her making awkward poses with emoji hearts and romantic music. 

Posted

Yeah idk if he likes editing it like that because hes so in love or copying her style because of all her indo subscribers going to his channel to watch them

Posted

Long time lurker on sunny's thread, hi - I'm confused, was her relationship with mckay meant to be a secret? Because like...everyone knew? 

Posted

They were friends first and she supported his channel and then he completely disappeared from appearing on her channel and showed ig stories with her boyfriend (no face shown) so it was easy to put 2 and 2 together find out they were dating. They kept it a secret since mckay is trying to be a singer.

Posted

This might sound ignorant but I just started watching her Indonesian channel and was wondering how come she mixes English when she’s speaking Indonesian? Can her Indonesian viewers speak/understand some English or something?

Posted

This might sound ignorant but I just started watching her Indonesian channel and was wondering how come she mixes English when she’s speaking Indonesian? Can her Indonesian viewers speak/understand some English or something?

but so far as i know, her indonesian viewers still love whatever her videos was, whether she speaking english or mixed

their indonesian viewers just happy enough by she uploaded any new videos

Posted (edited)

Really? I got a downvote for asking why Sunny adds English when speaking Indonesian? Wow.

Edited by Antacids
Error

Posted

English is widely spoken in Indonesia isnt it? So maybe younger people mix Indonesian and English?

Posted

Whos david and nick ? I keep seeing them in her vlogs or kims

Posted (edited)

English is widely spoken in Indonesia isnt it? So maybe younger people mix Indonesian and English?

That’s all I wanted to know. Thank you.

Edited by Antacids
Correction

Posted (edited)

Indonesian here- I started learning English in primary school but nowadays, plenty of pre-schools already teach the language in the metropolitan cities. 

If you're asking about general Indonesians English-speaking and comprehension abilities, it is widely variable depending on each person, but in context of Sunnydahye's viewers they should be able to understand her just fine. 

As for her case mixing ENG-IND in conversation... there's a 'trend' in speaking and/ or texting in both languages especially with plenty of younger people in general, but mainly in Jakarta. it's sometimes called 'gaya bahasa anak Jaksel' ( basically means language slang of south Jakarta millenials). Honestly it's not exactly a brand new trend, but in general Indonesians see the rise of this 'trend' with pros and cons. Some see that it's good because it's seen as the increase of being flexible in using both languages, but others see this as a concern because they fear younger people won't be able to speak Indonesian in a grammatically correct manner. And that doesn't count certain people who lowkey use this opportunity to flaunt their 'bilingual English-Indonesian ability'....

It's pretty normal to see some teenagers to young adults doing this in non-formal daily convos with other people of similar age groups, though, especially if you live in the more developed metropolitan areas in Indonesia. Some does that, and the rest just speak in Indonesian casually- depends on the group of people, really! Hopefully this provides some insights and my answer doesn't come off as too redundant :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by morningstar
Cut off some unrelevant stuffs

Posted

Okanos korean street food vlog

1. Gamja likes okano more than sunny lol 

2. Sunny says, "can i go do my hair now...." makes me think that again, okano is controlling and their vlogs are mapped out by okano

3. Market wasnt open yet so sunny says lets go somewhere to talk..... for a q&a.... wow, why not just talk to each other about whatever??? You dont have to keep filming while waiting for the market to open...

4. Okano says "shopping for sunny" cause hes used to buying her things. Its totes cool that he buys her things and i dont think sunny is a golddigger (although i do think shes gonna marry okano more that she will never struggle financially rather than true love) but they way he says it just sounds like he feels like its his duty to buy her stuff

3. Sunny laughing so unenthusiastically at okanos jokes and comments... does she dislike him SO much????? It makes me think she just seriously doesnt like him romantically and is super uncomfortable around him. I have had friends in high school where theyre dating for the first time and just said yes to any boy who asked them out and were too green to know they werent actually physically or romantically into the guy so awkwardly kept dating them lol reminds me of sunny except i think she knows shes not that into him. She was so much more  bubbly and her normal chipper self when they were hanging out as friends a few years ago

4. Okanos channel has become sunnys english channel lol

5. Sunny overcompensating by hugging his arm for 0.5 seconds lol

6. Forgot to say this earlier but he gave her a handmade gift and shes like.... its nice... 

Posted

Also what's up with the constant high fiving? I know it's Okano's thing and he does it with everybody, but it seriously makes them seem even less like a couple. Maybe it feels so weird also because all the kissing and that kind of stuff is cut out? Like you can tell that there's been a cut when they're getting closer

Posted

wherever i read comments said that chris made sunny a lot happier, i just cannot lol...

sometimes i wonder is sunny genuinely happy or just pretending to be happy