• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

359 posts in this topic

Posted

The proportions of her face are so messed up from surgery. Her jaw is way too small which makes the rest of her face look really big in comparison.  I wish people would stop getting jaw surgery, it seriously ruins their facial balance. 

the thing about sucessful plastic surgery is that some people will get addicted to it so they will keep doing it until they eventually ruined their own face, when the only thing that is wrong is probably their own self esteem

Posted

I think she and Okano are going to get married within 2 years. She doesnt seem as into him as she did McKay. When she was leaving Okano at the airport she seemed like she really wanted to go lol Okanos really into her though. Maybe she will develop deeper feelings later but i feel like shes making plans for her future more than caring about love. This is kind of normal for Koreans in general actually. I see this way too much. I live in Korea for the record. 

I agree 100%!! I think its very obvious that she left McKay because he doesn't want to get married yet and is only dating Okano because he is rich and wants to get married ASAP. (I wouldn't be surprised if he tried proposing to her by the end of the year TBH.)

The only thing I can't really see for Sunny's future though is her leaving Korea to move to Japan. She doesn't speak Japanese or know much about the culture. Also, her entire channel (/Indonesian channel) is based around the fact she is an English/Indonesian speaking Korean in Korea. I feel like if she were to just ditch Korea to move to Japan it could ruin her brand/channel just like what happened to Sharla when she moved from Japan to Korea.

The majority of her followers are Koreaboo's who subscribe to her for Korea and Kpop content. If she just jumps ship to start making videos about Japan now they won't be interested in her content anymore and might unsubscribe.

(This could also ruin a lot of contracts/sponsorships for her as well. I believe she is a model for some Indonesian makeup brand who tries to imitate Kbeauty stuff and they chose her because she is a Korea content youtuber. She also has that collaboration with noonoo fingers as well. If she is no longer advertising to their target consumer audience then the companies will start saying bye bye sponsorships 👋)

Posted

I think she really loved Mckay but it must of sucked having to keep everything private (especially since shes a youtuber) and then realizing he probably doesnt want to get married until hes 40 or something. She jumped ship because okano is happy to not only make things public but loves to take pics and videos of her skipping around. Hes also rich and ready for marriage. Its funny because its pretty obvious from the videos and pics she has with him that shes not that into him... i hope for their sake that would change.

Shes been to japan before and just never seemed to interested in the country. I do agree she may close down her channel or change it to a family channel if she has kids. Its not so unbelievable for her to drop her life in korea in exchange for a comfortable stay at home life. She has been hinting at it for a while. I dont think she would lose all sponsorships but she would lose a few. Im sure okano can support her channel if he needed to and get japan sponsorships. And she can always travel to korea all the time. She can get korean products no problem too

Anyone see okanos video on IG? Hes going to post vlogs with sunny and have indo subs. Does he even have a substantive indo audience before sunny? I guess he will get some now from her lol. She started with an international audience who watched her in english and she never bothered with english subs and she didnt even try just having indo subs on her english videos. She just jumped to making and Indonesian channel. 

Am i the only one here? Lol

I watched okanos first vlog with sunny and why is sunny so awkward with him? If i could only say one thing about sunny its that shes always bubbly around people. But she was super awkward which is weird because they were friends for a long time. Theres a huge difference between how she acts with okano vs. Her other friends. I watched a vlog called "girly day in shibuya" which had sunny and kim on okanos vlog and she was so normal with him. So why is she so awkward now?

Also, even though she never posted anything with mckay, she always posted things like their couple rings, gifts he gave her, them holding hands and stuff. But then she said she doesnt know how to act with okano on camera? 

I dont doubt okano adores her but its pretty crazy that they jumped on couple vlogging just like that. 

Okano seems pretty controlling the way he said he didnt know what sunny vlogged while she was making dinner but was sure the footage was good... what a strange thing to say. It makes their relationship seem so business like. 

And he also hopped on getting indonesian subtitles and even having Indonesian captions on his instagram posts!! 

The more i see their relationship the more i feel like sunny just isnt that into him and maybe even shes a bit worried about it. 

I live in korea and am married to a Korean man so i know a lot of korean girls like her who didnt marry for love but for a comfortable life. I actually have a friend who is similar to sunny (even personality wise which is funny) and she broke up with her last boyfriend because he wouldnt be able to give her the life she wants. She did 소개팅 which is blind dating for the intent of marriage (common in Korea) and married a guy thats totally not her type but could give her the lifestyle she wants which is that she doesnt have to work anymore. He was based in a different city so she had to move there and shes kind of miserable and regrets her choice in some aspects but she knows she cant have her cake and eat it too so shes kind of just sucking it up. 

Im not saying sunny is a golddigger or whatever but that kind of marriage is kind of normal in Korea and i feel like shes planning to marry Okano because he can give her the life she wants. She wants a man who adores her and is happy to show her off to the world (a deep contrast to mckay who had to hide their relationship for his singing career and probably wont get married until hes like 40) and one who can take care of her financially. I think sunny will continue working but there were times where she mentioned that she was worried about money and being able to take care of gamja. She probably wanted a man who can protect her and her future children financially which okano could do but Mckay cant since he hasnt hit it big yet. 

Posted (edited)

Autumnleaves you are so spot on, I totally agree with everything that is said above. 

Not saying she isn't happy in this relationship but from all the clips I have seen so far that are shot from Okano's point of view, the smiles and reactions are just so forced or unnatural. I feel like I am watching a VR experience of 'having an idol girlfriend for a day' and Sunny is just acting up for the camera. This plus the instant Indonesian subtitles on his video and Instagram when she doesn't even bother putting an English translation on the post of her announcing their relationship. It's just so random and feels very calculated ¬¬

Edited by Milda

Posted

I don’t feel any chemistry between them. I only get friendship vibes from them.

Posted

I watched Okano's vlog with her and honestly I could feel the awkwardness radiating through my screen lol. I also thought it was weird how he said some things or how he reacted to her actions, like when he rolled up with his suitcase at the airport and she went to hug him, the first thing he said was "whyyy are you on your phoneee"? I mean she probably stood there waiting for a while, there's nothing really wrong with being on your phone...? It kinda makes me think that while Okano probably does adore her and I don't doubt that, I feel like he can come off too controlling/pushy...??

Honestly I'm not here to criticise her life choices or whatever, I liked her before her whole plastic surgery transformation and even if I'm disappointed she moved her target audience so drastically... well, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, and maybe she's making way more money now, who knows lol. Everyone deserves to be happy and if marriage is her goal then I hope she's happy but yiiikes, I'm sorry I just think their relationship feels too business-like and the awkwardness is really obvious. Especially the part of the vlog where they sat down to do a mini Q+A (?) I was just like 'yiikes what is this' throughout.

Posted

Watched their 2nd couple vlog. Is this just okanos style? Sunny always talked to the camera instead of Okano. And the way she was describing places it seems only slightly more casual than when she does sponsored videos where she goes to places like the running man theme park or something. Then she says their couple fortune telling was for content. I think she has gone to those for herself and to translate for friends and she took it more seriously than when she did it in this video for okano...i guess we will know more in the video dedicated to tarot reading. This relationship seems 90% business on sunnys side and 10% datingthisguytoseeiftheresafutureoneday. For okano he seems into her but cant help but do YouTube work with her

Posted

I feel Chris is super into her too. I think he's liked her for a while since she was with McKay but never acted upon it till they broke up. She seemed more in love with McKay. With Chris, it's just meh, testing the waters.

Posted

Yeah okano is head over heels for her. I questioned if sunny edited his video because it was too cutesy lol. Whenever okano touches her, like when they were finished the tarot reading and he holds her to his side shes just a little stiff. She is a touchy feely girl and hugs her female friends all the time. And all her ig stories with mckay were them holding hands (without mckays face in view of course). She seems more happy when okanos behind the camers rather than the two of them in front of the camera together. Then in their q&a she says she misses that they cant cuddle and i feel like she said that because she knows shes somewhat uncomfortable with skinship (touching) with him so she compensated by saying that. Even okano seemed surprised she said that she missed that lol. I feel like they should have dated longer until the exposed their relationship to YouTube. Sunny is still in the unsure stage

Posted

Am i the only one here? Lol

I watched okanos first vlog with sunny and why is sunny so awkward with him? If i could only say one thing about sunny its that shes always bubbly around people. But she was super awkward which is weird because they were friends for a long time. Theres a huge difference between how she acts with okano vs. Her other friends. I watched a vlog called "girly day in shibuya" which had sunny and kim on okanos vlog and she was so normal with him. So why is she so awkward now?

Also, even though she never posted anything with mckay, she always posted things like their couple rings, gifts he gave her, them holding hands and stuff. But then she said she doesnt know how to act with okano on camera? 

I dont doubt okano adores her but its pretty crazy that they jumped on couple vlogging just like that. 

Okano seems pretty controlling the way he said he didnt know what sunny vlogged while she was making dinner but was sure the footage was good... what a strange thing to say. It makes their relationship seem so business like. 

And he also hopped on getting indonesian subtitles and even having Indonesian captions on his instagram posts!! 

The more i see their relationship the more i feel like sunny just isnt that into him and maybe even shes a bit worried about it. 

I live in korea and am married to a Korean man so i know a lot of korean girls like her who didnt marry for love but for a comfortable life. I actually have a friend who is similar to sunny (even personality wise which is funny) and she broke up with her last boyfriend because he wouldnt be able to give her the life she wants. She did 소개팅 which is blind dating for the intent of marriage (common in Korea) and married a guy thats totally not her type but could give her the lifestyle she wants which is that she doesnt have to work anymore. He was based in a different city so she had to move there and shes kind of miserable and regrets her choice in some aspects but she knows she cant have her cake and eat it too so shes kind of just sucking it up. 

Im not saying sunny is a golddigger or whatever but that kind of marriage is kind of normal in Korea and i feel like shes planning to marry Okano because he can give her the life she wants. She wants a man who adores her and is happy to show her off to the world (a deep contrast to mckay who had to hide their relationship for his singing career and probably wont get married until hes like 40) and one who can take care of her financially. I think sunny will continue working but there were times where she mentioned that she was worried about money and being able to take care of gamja. She probably wanted a man who can protect her and her future children financially which okano could do but Mckay cant since he hasnt hit it big yet. 

When did she ever say this?!? I don't believe for one second she was ever afraid about money.

She's always buying tons of new clothes, makeup, and accessories (NooNooFingers ain't cheap!), expensive perfumes (I'm pretty sure the one she featured in her favorites video is $125+ easily?), And she's always getting designer bags and accessories like her Dior saddle bag, LV backpack, and I think she has some channel bags as well? (+ I think some brand belts and wallets?)

Wasn't it also discussed here (or in Kim's thread?) that one "what's in my bag" video she did with Kim where Sunny had a LV bag and seemed to be low-key looking down on Kim for having an older Prada bag?

If she's able to always be affording these expensive things why would she be afraid about money? (And if she honestly was afraid about money DON'T GO SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON HIGH-END BRAND STUFF ALL THE TIME!)

Sunny saying she is"Broke" is as believable as Joan when she claimed to be "Broke" in the past. :alpacabored:

Posted

I dont remember the exact video but she was saying it while she was in the airport waiting for her flight. I think she may have been going to japan at the time. This was before she broke up with mckay. I think she started her sbs job then? She said she was taking more projects because she was worried about money.

I think its moreso she wants to maintain her current, expensive lifestyle. Of course if she cut back she can live comfortably even if she retired now. Obviously shes not close to poor. If she even cut back her expenses in half she could probably retire now and live off that. Also her parents seem well off so if she was willing to mooch off them she will have no issues. I think shes unwilling to tone down her lifestyle. She wants to maintain her current YouTuber lifestyle but she knows when she hits a certain age she wont make the same coin she does now. I doubt she has that much savings since she spends so much. She thought about her future and her answer to her worries was Okano.

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, newbie here

i accidentally saw sunnydahye thread here so yeah just to say hi lol

since everyone discussed about her, have anyone in here actually remember when she said she worked really hard to launched her own brand, but until now there is no news at all?

but not sure somehow she is currently focus on writing her own book which was led her to bought her iPad so made sure she can work wherever she wants in case her idea pooping out..

Edited by goldenbubble
wrong words

Posted (edited)

Man, in the new video Chris uploaded, Sunny kept pulling away from Chris. He kept pulling her close to him and she just pulled the fuck away a lot, so hard to watch. She really looked like she didn’t want to get near him lol. She said she didn’t want to be affectionate because his parents watch his videos. Is that the real reason why you kept doing that, Sunny? She looked annoyed at him. I’m still not feeling their relationship.

Edited by Antacids
Added last sentence.

Posted (edited)

Man, in the new video Chris uploaded, Sunny kept pulling away from Chris. He kept pulling her close to him and she just pulled the fuck away a lot, so hard to watch. She really looked like she didn’t want to get near him lol. She said she didn’t want to be affectionate because his parents watch his videos. Is that the real reason why you kept doing that, Sunny? She looked annoyed at him. I’m still not feeling their relationship.

to be fair I was so annoyed with Chris during the consultation (or the entire video).... He kept butting in, making unnecessary side comments, the out of place laughing (i didn’t understand why the “yin and yang” part was so funny to him), even saying the word sh*t in front of the lady, and going for a high five with someone way older than him. Might not be a big deal to some but still not mannerly of him to do so even if he was joking or just having fun... he should know these, japanese culture is similar.. I probably just didn’t expect him to be so immature? I hope Sunny really is happy with him and not just forcing herself to be. Heck we didn’t see Mckay in her videos before as her bf but it was obvious how much she liked her..

(and seems like Sunny doesn’t know his birthday?)

Edited by blueberryhotcakes

Posted

i came just to say that. No way iit's because of parents. I remember some vlogs she was getting ready to sleep and mckay was in the back and she even mentioned that her boyfriend was with her at a hotel and that they travelled together. She posted ig stories of her an mckay having skinship. Sunny is a touchy feely person in general. And both her parents and okanos parents arent even conservative. 

She seemed to lack emotion despite hearing good things throughout the consultation. Lol at they would work together well... business relationship to the max. Looks like she would be fine marrying him since she mentioned again that they could get married this year if they wanted to. 

I feel bad for okano. He likes her so much more than she likes him. Sunny seems closer to her other male friends than him.

I only know mckay and none of sunnys other relationships but maybe she prefers more guys who are like mckay and just isnt that attracted to okano?