• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

321 posts in this topic

Posted

She posted a long one on Instagram, but obviously, only in Indonesian. This is the (Google translated) English version of the post: 

Friends I want to share a little for today's post. Sorry if today's post is a bit long. As a Youtuber I always feel it is important to share beautiful memories with all of you. To be honest, in my opinion that's the beauty of this industry, I can communicate and also share memories with you. Even though we are far away, we will always feel close and also we are all friends. I love that about this industry. So because of that, I decided to vlog every day and bring the Sunny Content last April. For one month I learned a lot, starting from appreciating what I already had, pushing myself out of comfort zone, socializing and meeting new people. Sunny April really encouraged me to the next level to bring creative and motivating content to bring only the best for all of you. I at this time felt a lot had changed with me, I felt I was a better sunny story, I already got to ugprade so 😂🙈. I feel that my mindset has changed a lot and become more mature. I want to thank all of you Sunshine, who have shaped me personally to be a better person and also a responsible Youtuber. Thank you all for those who have seen me grow. Thank you for being part of my journey. I will forever thank all of you and will work even harder to be able to bring useful content to all. Thanks to all of you who have changed me to be a better person, I can dare to be able to find love again. and I finally met @okanotv. Life is sometimes very unpredictable, 4 years ago I and @okanotv were only close friends who would have thought 1 dinner would turn everything into something beautiful? Hmm? All these memories I will truly cherish and thank you for making Sunny April so wonderful! Don't forget to stay tuned vlog2 that will come because I'm going to come back with the one that hits again (possibly bf video in the future!)

I just translated the post as "I felt like an upgraded Sunny since April (after??? the breakup) because of the vlogs and thanks to you and Okano I was able to grow" .. and here I was thinking how she looked so happy with McKay previously too... I guess she really didn't want to keep her relationship under wraps after all as well, since she is very game to posting a bf video with Okano now and she seems more comfortable sharing everything going on in her life.

Thoughts?

Posted

My thoughts on her Indo channel. She has shared how she felt ugly and othered in Indonesia growing up and i think thats the source of all her insecurities and countless surgeries and injections. When she started getting Indonesian followers im sure she pounced at the idea of opening an Indonesian channel. And theres a trend of sending small idols to SE Asian countries because they can make it big there but are invisible in Korea. Thats why Aoora was promoting outside of Korea, forgot which country though. And also for people like Sandara Park is huge in the Phillipines because she was from there. So i think that's why her managment encouraged an indo channel.

Thats honestly why sunny started getting Indo fans because Indonesian youtube viewers saw a Korean-Indonesian (sunny is ethnically korean raised in Bali) youtuber so theres a connection there with Indo fans in the Korean world. 

So all that combined im sure sunny is thrilled to gain fame in a country where the people whittled her self esteem into a toothpick. She picked being a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in the ocean. 

Posted

My thoughts on her Indo channel. She has shared how she felt ugly and othered in Indonesia growing up and i think thats the source of all her insecurities and countless surgeries and injections. When she started getting Indonesian followers im sure she pounced at the idea of opening an Indonesian channel. And theres a trend of sending small idols to SE Asian countries because they can make it big there but are invisible in Korea. Thats why Aoora was promoting outside of Korea, forgot which country though. And also for people like Sandara Park is huge in the Phillipines because she was from there. So i think that's why her managment encouraged an indo channel.

Thats honestly why sunny started getting Indo fans because Indonesian youtube viewers saw a Korean-Indonesian (sunny is ethnically korean raised in Bali) youtuber so theres a connection there with Indo fans in the Korean world. 

So all that combined im sure sunny is thrilled to gain fame in a country where the people whittled her self esteem into a toothpick. She picked being a big fish in a small pond rather than a small fish in the ocean. 

Honestly at this point no-one is expected her to put her english channel over her Indonesian channel, but it still doesn't really explain why she won't just put some english subtitles. Though I agree with most of what you said.

Posted

While on one hand she doesn't owe us anything, I feel upset that she tosses us English fans aside without an explanation like were nothing. She also doesn't answer the comments why she doesn't allow Eng subs added to her videos. I really enjoyed watching her, and I liked her personality. But her just abandoning her channel and mostly posting ig posts in Indonesian feels.. I can't find the proper word, but it feels like she "left us behind" like bye bxtch. At least put it in Eng-Indo. OR address that you're not going to be active anymore on your English channel anymore so we can have some closure lol that sounds so dramatic. But if I know she won't be active anymore then I will unsubscribe

Posted

Does she have her videos open for ppl to translate for her? Bc I feel like at least one of her fans who knows Indonesian and English would be more than willing to help her sub videos, lord knows lazy Joan does for her videos

Posted

did anyone here ever talked about how all her surgery videos gone from her channel?

Posted

did anyone here ever talked about how all her surgery videos gone from her channel?

holy It's true :o when did you notice?

Posted

I wonder why she deleted it. She kept her moms surgery video wtf. Other channels reuploaded her surgery videos.

I wonder if her and banobagi (the clinic she goes to) had an issue. 

Tbh she was below average before surgery and after Countless surgeries she now looks... average lol its amazing how she looks so normal after so many surgeries,botox, and injections. I guess its kind of a good thing she doesnt look like a gangnam unnie... but then again i feel like she didnt need to do so many procedures and look about 10% better 

Posted (edited)

I wonder why she deleted it. She kept her moms surgery video wtf. Other channels reuploaded her surgery videos.

Tbh she was below average before surgery and after Countless surgeries she now looks... average lol its amazing how she looks so normal after so many surgeries,botox, and injections. I guess its kind of a good thing she doesnt look like a gangnam unnie... but then again i feel like she didnt need to do so many procedures and look about 10% better 

I thought that too at first, but her moms video is also with Banobagi, which would be strange to keep up. Other possibilities could be that she partnered up with another clinic and they told her to remove it. Or she just didn't want it to be the main focus of her channel anymore. It honestly (used to) pops up right an left when you search for her.

Imo she also looked average before, I actually always thought she was cute. There was a time she looked really bad after surgery, but most settled well. But that bit of an upgrade could have easily been achieved with better make up skills she still lacks to this day. I think the surgery will show more with age. There was one video where I thought she looked much older than Kim, which is probably the result of all the procedures.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-18 um 16.43.01.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-18 um 16.42.29.png

Edited by oneminusone

Posted

I thought that too at first, but her moms video is also with Banobagi, which would be strange to keep up. Other possibilities could be that she partnered up with another clinic and they told her to remove it. Or she just didn't want it to be the main focus of her channel anymore. It honestly (used to) pops up right an left when you search for her.

Imo she also looked average before, I actually always thought she was cute. There was a time she looked really bad after surgery, but most settled well. But that bit of an upgrade could have easily been achieved with better make up skills she still lacks to this day. I think the surgery will show more with age. There was one video where I thought she looked much older than Kim, which is probably the result of all the procedures.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-18 um 16.43.01.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-18 um 16.42.29.png

She reminds me of Sulli and Yves lookalike now

Posted

Imo she was a lot prettier before, she was cute, now she looks like every Sulli wannabe out there.

Posted

Since she is only focusing on her Indonesian channel now and those surgery videos were on her English channel (Which her Indonesian channel viewers might not have seen if they don't speak English) could she have deleted them so her Indonesian fans think she is a "Natural Beauty" ?

Posted

she actually looks pretty after her first surgery at banobagi but definitely she did more after that and she has turned into a total gangnam unnie now, her face look weird and unproportional. Her chin looks so sharp, it could literally cut a paper. her face is a triangle shaped upside down

also, one thing you can notice if someone got her face done is whenever they smiled, their mouth looks so big compared to the size of their face. Sunny and rilaccoco are good example

6BFE43D0-4EC1-4BB7-BC0C-0D7A79F31D05.png

AD4A1C80-F44D-4AC8-8EF4-71B1FE179586.png

Posted

I think she and Okano are going to get married within 2 years. She doesnt seem as into him as she did McKay. When she was leaving Okano at the airport she seemed like she really wanted to go lol Okanos really into her though. Maybe she will develop deeper feelings later but i feel like shes making plans for her future more than caring about love. This is kind of normal for Koreans in general actually. I see this way too much. I live in Korea for the record. 

Posted

The proportions of her face are so messed up from surgery. Her jaw is way too small which makes the rest of her face look really big in comparison.  I wish people would stop getting jaw surgery, it seriously ruins their facial balance.