• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

348 posts in this topic

Posted

Sunny hit 1M subbies on her indo channel. Seems like she gave up on her English channel. Also, anyone get the vibe she and Chris Okano are dating? She tags him in her photos and he's in her ig stories a lot. She also said she wants to try to live in Japan for a year so ?????

she works for him some times. Is she in Japan for work? Thats probably why theyre hanging out? Trying to live in Japan for a while would be crazy since she just settled in to her 3 room apartment. She and Okano seem like they wouldnt match personality wise so idk if they would have any semblance of a longlasting relationship

Posted

Guess Okano confirmed they're dating. I wish them the best! I felt he's always liked her tbh.

20190506_210614.jpg

Posted

If she does try to live in Japan for a year what is going to happen to her new house and Gamja?! Is she going to drag her dog on the plane with her or give her dog to her parents for a year?!

Posted (edited)

I checked in with her English channel since around august last year i said i may come back and see if it's still the same and i officially no longer care about Sunny, Sunny channel or her content. I'm not saying i don't wish her the best but i have to say what a big disappointment her channel turned out to be. To leave all of your English/Main Channel subscribers and only focus on your Indonesia channel just because it makes you more money and gives you more views is so.. Off.

She doesn't even bother to put English subtitles on her other videos for her English speaking fans who want to still watch her, i talk like this because i was a huge sunny fan way back and to see one of my favorite youtuber just leave fans in order to get more money or to just get more views isn't it man.

I haven't a problem with her trying to branch out into new waters and having success in that but you do not abandoned another huge part of your fans on another channel and leave people wondering, an update video would've been enough telling current subscribers on the main channel ''hey guys i don't really post here anymore, thank you for all the support here but i don't think i'll be very active on here anymore.''

Edited by Tzugolas

Posted (edited)

I also really am so disappointed with how she treats her English viewers like nothing. No message or anything, just all excuses. And I just complimented her too when she came back on her English Youtube.... Giving up on her as well.

On another note, have you guys seen the highlights in McKay's IG titled "thoughts" or something? Seems like she's the one who broke up with him seeing as he's still unable to move on from the relationship. (I thought it was the other way around before) Kinda surprised with how fast she's moved on to another guy (maybe it's already been a while and the announcement was just late idk whatever). But then again, time isn't really that significant if she seems to be and look happier with Okano. Wish all 3 of them the best

Edited by blueberryhotcakes
grammar

Posted

I am so shocked. I dont know much about Okano but from what i do know he seems like he wouldnt match her personality. And a lot of people thought Kim dao and her fiance (bf at the time) had an open relationship when she was living in Japan and was hooking up with Okano.

The big difference i see now is Mckay couldnt reveal their relationship since he wants to be a singer and probably cant get married until much later for the same reason.

Sunny probably wanted to have a public relationship and get married. Okano is rich too and bought her designer bags before. 

I think if shes willing to try living in Japan for a year they might be thinking of marriage. 

I agree about her giving up her english channel and also writing in Indonesian in her IG. Sometimes she even makes an english version which states "since my english followers were wondering whats going on heres the english version....". The thing is Indonesians in general can understand English but the rest of the world in general cant understand indonesian. I dont get why she alienates and abandons her international audience. Its not like shes that busy even.

Posted

I also really can't understand her. If she doesn't want to do it herself or pay for an english translator she could just ask her audience to do it like Joan does. It just doesn't make sense. Especially since her friends asked her to do it as well. 

Posted (edited)

I agree. She should pay a translator or encourage her indo fans to translate to english

I just noticed that okanos IG post says 'to sunnys INDONESIAN fans, ill take care of her". Wow lol even he doesnt give a sht about international fans

Edited by autumnleaves

Posted

I am so shocked. I dont know much about Okano but from what i do know he seems like he wouldnt match her personality. And a lot of people thought Kim dao and her fiance (bf at the time) had an open relationship when she was living in Japan and was hooking up with Okano.

The big difference i see now is Mckay couldnt reveal their relationship since he wants to be a singer and probably cant get married until much later for the same reason.

Sunny probably wanted to have a public relationship and get married. Okano is rich too and bought her designer bags before. 

I think if shes willing to try living in Japan for a year they might be thinking of marriage. 

I agree about her giving up her english channel and also writing in Indonesian in her IG. Sometimes she even makes an english version which states "since my english followers were wondering whats going on heres the english version....". The thing is Indonesians in general can understand English but the rest of the world in general cant understand indonesian. I dont get why she alienates and abandons her international audience. Its not like shes that busy even.

I also think marriage was the reason for their break up. I don't know much about Mckay, but since he's a singer besides not being able to lead a public relationship it's also not really that much of a stable job.

I also always thought Chris wanted something from Sunny. I still remember that one video where he gifted her a super expensive wallet just like that. Sure he's rich, but I think it was only to Sunny and not Kim as well who was with them too.

As for her english channel, I just had this thought. What if she wants to draw a clear line between her Youtube career in Indonesia and the rest. Like maybe she doesn't want her friends in Korea, etc watch her videos. Maybe she prefers it to have less of a global popularity. I could imagine that that way it's easier to maintain a more normal life and make some distance to her "celebrity self", especially since she doesn't live in Indonesia. That's like the only explanation I could give besides her being super lazy or just not caring.

Posted

I think Okano was actively looking for a gf too. I think he had a video pretty much pitching himself to future dates on his own channel some time ago. He strikes me as the kinda guy that gets married when it is the standard time to “settle down”.

Posted

I also think marriage was the reason for their break up. I don't know much about Mckay, but since he's a singer besides not being able to lead a public relationship it's also not really that much of a stable job.

I also always thought Chris wanted something from Sunny. I still remember that one video where he gifted her a super expensive wallet just like that. Sure he's rich, but I think it was only to Sunny and not Kim as well who was with them too.

As for her english channel, I just had this thought. What if she wants to draw a clear line between her Youtube career in Indonesia and the rest. Like maybe she doesn't want her friends in Korea, etc watch her videos. Maybe she prefers it to have less of a global popularity. I could imagine that that way it's easier to maintain a more normal life and make some distance to her "celebrity self", especially since she doesn't live in Indonesia. That's like the only explanation I could give besides her being super lazy or just not caring.

I don't really think that explanation makes sense because her English channel was created first which means she wanted a global audience from the start. She also doesn't have many(/if any) Korean friends (or friends in general?) So who would she want to hide her channel from?

Some other random thoughts:

- Could Sunny have been cheating on McKay during the relationship with Okano and that's one of the reasons for the breakup? Between the fact that Okano "Just so happened" to gift her an expensive gift to only her "just because" during her relationship with McKay and the fact that she moved on to Okano from a serious long-term relationship REEAALLLY quickly sort of leads me to believe Sunny was cheating with him beforehand.

- Someone please explain to me how Sunny is "Too Busy" to fly down to Australia for a dress fitting to be a bridesmaid for Kim, her "Best Friend", yet has all this free time to make long trips to Japan every month to visit her BF?!?

Posted

I don't really think that explanation makes sense because her English channel was created first which means she wanted a global audience from the start. She also doesn't have many(/if any) Korean friends (or friends in general?) So who would she want to hide her channel from?

- Could Sunny have been cheating on McKay during the relationship with Okano and that's one of the reasons for the breakup? Between the fact that Okano "Just so happened" to gift her an expensive gift to only her "just because" during her relationship with McKay and the fact that she moved on to Okano from a serious long-term relationship REEAALLLY quickly sort of leads me to believe Sunny was cheating with him beforehand.

- Someone please explain to me how Sunny is "Too Busy" to fly down to Australia for a dress fitting to be a bridesmaid for Kim, her "Best Friend", yet has all this free time to make long trips to Japan every month to visit her BF?!?

I don't think if it was the case that it was her plan from the beginning so it doesn't matter whether she had her english channel first or not. I could imagine that this would be a thought that was developed over time. Also I think you misunderstood me (I'm sorry I'm really not good at expressing my thoughts) I don't mean like hide as in having a secret that no-one knows, but more separating things. Just one example is this forum. Like even though she's has many subscribers she gets barley mentioned here, because she mainly focused one Indonesia. Her popularity is mainly in Indonesia so is also most of the negative aspects of being an online personality. Having the whole world eyeing may be too much for her so I thought this could be a more comfortable way of doing things. But I understand if you don't agree with this, because honestly I just don't know either :'D Like maybe we should just come to terms with that she just doesn't give a F about her international viewers.

I also found that "too busy" so strange. But then I think it's because of Kim that she's not a bridesmaid. Like I honestly found it always kind of sad when Sunny would always mention Kim as her best friend, while Kim always just called her a close friend. I'm not saying they aren't close, I just think Kim had other people in mind for being her bridesmaid from the start. 

Posted

I agree that sunny likes kim more than kim does sunny but its understandable not to have her as a bridesmaid. Its kind of ridic to have sunny fly in for a bridesmaid fitting whether or not shes free or has the money. Its too extra lol.

Oh come on, why is there always cheating theories when youtubers break up?

I think sunny wants marriage, mckay doesnt so they broke up. Okano swoops in for the kill and he wants marriage too. They will probably be engaged soon. This situation is so common lol

Posted

I agree that sunny likes kim more than kim does sunny but its understandable not to have her as a bridesmaid. Its kind of ridic to have sunny fly in for a bridesmaid fitting whether or not shes free or has the money. Its too extra lol.

Oh come on, why is there always cheating theories when youtubers break up?

I think sunny wants marriage, mckay doesnt so they broke up. Okano swoops in for the kill and he wants marriage too. They will probably be engaged soon. This situation is so common lol

I totally agree with that. I've been seeing this quite a lot on here and I think it's a reach most of the time.

Posted

I mean, what's so wrong about going where the money flows? She probably didn't know that her Indonesian fanbase will grow bigger than her global ones. 

I don't want to accuse someone of cheating, but maybe, sunny already have a change of heart when she met Okano but not cheating and decided to just end it for good so she can start a new relationship.

Maybe because Australia is like freaking far from Korea while Japan is super close to Korea.