• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Lil Kim "Colorism" Plastic Surgery

35 posts in this topic

Posted

So Tumblrina, SJW, the black community and everybody else in the loop has been freaking out over Lil Kim's new plastic surgery 

5fktbp.png

Cg1x_EZWsAAiQ22.jpg

Cg2D8JUUgAA3OXt.jpg

Lil Kim's self-hatred makes me sad. Attacking her is wrong because she's already broken inside #400YearsOfColorism

Cg2RLvYU4AAmUh9.jpg

Many are saying this is a result of "colorism" where she's felt a need to look more white (from what I read some even accused her of trying to look Asian) I'm not black or African-American so I don't have the answers to this but I found it interesting that this race-bending plastic surgery is no long just for our beloved snowflakes.

Thoughts?

Posted

ok is this a stupid question but how can you change skin color with plastic surgery?

Posted

ok is this a stupid question but how can you change skin color with plastic surgery?

I don't know for sure how it's called, but pretty sure it's the same many Bollywood actors are doing. It's kinda like bleaching your skin with a chemical treatment? 

Posted

Yes, there are some creams, and soaps you can use too. One of my friends is from Congo, and he posted about this and how women in Africa would bleach their skin. I've seen some bleached black women, and that's kinda distrubing. One older woman also stated that back in her days, they would use acetone as a developper to bleach their skin. It's a huge issue in Africa, because it causes huge skin damages, like black spots on the skin etc...

I assume people say she wants to look asian because of the agyo sal?

Posted (edited)

I guess I view this more as just a preference thing rather than colorism.I'd view it as another celebrity just getting surgery. I can see why people would view it as colorism. Lil Kim has been getting surgeries for awhile now anyway lol.

Edited by Shinobu

Posted

Racism or not she looks fucking terrible imo

Posted

Ok she looks terrible but like, why can't she do what she wants? If she wants to bleach her skin, or get tons of surgery, it's her choice. I don't understand why everybody wants to call her out on twitter, tumblr, etc. for her personal choices with her body. 

Posted

These topics always makes me feel bad when I use whitening deoderant and whitening sunscreen and serum :C

Posted

Holy shit, that's lil lim in the 90s!? :amgplz:

She really looks different now, other than her skin, I wonder what kind of surgeries she has done, I know she did her nose, her eyes looks smaller now imo, did she do her eyes too? :alpacaworry:

Posted

I'm all for people doing whatever they want to their faces, go plastic surgery mad if you want to, I'm not one to tell them not to. But in this particular instance I think she should have stopped a few procedures ago :douge:

Posted

It always makes me feel bad for celebrities who get all these procedures because they already looked wonderful before.. she does seem a lot lighter and that's a little concerning to me but if it makes her happy then good for her. It's like, I have a reaction to her surgery but I'm not really judging you know? I don't have the right skin tone to talk about this though so I would really appreciate a reply from a different perspective. 

Posted

I gotta say, even if she did try to look white, she just look asian o_o who did a LOT of surgeries.

Posted

tbh I think Lil Kim just has an addiction. It's less about changing her race and more about just changing everything she can about herself. People with surgery addiction just want to achieve what they view as perfection regardless of how it all looks together or the damage it will cause in the long run. Basically they want to be rid of their original identity.

Posted

These topics always makes me feel bad when I use whitening deoderant and whitening sunscreen and serum :C

If you have a healthy self-image, I don't think there's any issues!

In Lil Kim's case, I guess people are unsure what's going through her head. She never gave off any "colorism" vibes to me, but with the blonde hair, bleached skin and blue contacts, I do wonder if she just enjoys the being a different person thing. I agree with T.O.P in that I think it's an addiction to surgery.

She said "It don't bother me because I told you, I'm beautiful," Lil Kim said. "I love myself. ... People think I did it because I had low self-esteem, but that wasn't the case. I think I did it because I was a little too vain."

Posted

So another celebrity with self image issues like Michael Jackson ._. I knew lil Kim was as crazy as MJs sister when it comes to extreme plastic surgery but omg...she just took it to MJ level. And I already feel so uncomfortable with wanting a boobjob but I'm just too damn scared for Hospitals haha xD and these people just see it as daily normal thing like: Hey let's buy a new shirt! A.k.a new nose! :D