• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Tøp / P!atd / Bmth & other 'alternative' music

35 posts in this topic

Posted

REALLY?!?! Weird because in the US you can use a Paypal account. I wonder why they only take international credit cards? If there is a demand for merchandise outside the US I am surprised Hot Topic hasn't tested a few international locations. I would say it could be due to licences but they sell merchandise of English artists, Australian artists, German artists, etc. Hell - they even did an awfully bland tee shirt for PSY a few years back. I imagine they could encourage their merchandisers to get international licenses for the copyright material they use in designs. 

Which bracelets? The rubber bracelets or the "friendship bracelet" styles the had for TOP. I think they were a four pack? 

Yes, their paypal is US only... sadly. And I think it's sad that they don't have shops here in Europe... We have other similar stores, but hottopic has a different diversity of merch. 

The rubber bracelets. I still have a load of Kpop ones and always liked those. :alpacacrush: 

Posted

Be careful about ordering from Hot Topic online if you're outside the US. Their shipping prices are so jacked up that it is ridicuous tbh.

Posted

Be careful about ordering from Hot Topic online if you're outside the US. Their shipping prices are so jacked up that it is ridicuous tbh.

Really? Damn..:alpacaworry: .. well when I wanted to order it was an "free shipping worldwide on all orders" thing or something like that. So unlucky lucky me I guess lol

Posted

Really? Damn..:alpacaworry: .. well when I wanted to order it was an "free shipping worldwide on all orders" thing or something like that. So unlucky lucky me I guess lol

I haven't seen "free worldwide" but I have seen them do 50% international shipping several times a year.

Posted

I only live in Canada, and for me to order from their site, no matter what the price is, I would be charged almost as much as my order amount for shipping. For some reason, they don't do free shipping or shipping discounts to other places. I am actually pretty surprised at that, since most companies, even ones that aren't as big, will at least say 'free shipping on orders over x amount of money'. it's really disappointing.

Posted

I only live in Canada, and for me to order from their site, no matter what the price is, I would be charged almost as much as my order amount for shipping. For some reason, they don't do free shipping or shipping discounts to other places. I am actually pretty surprised at that, since most companies, even ones that aren't as big, will at least say 'free shipping on orders over x amount of money'. it's really disappointing.

that's true. :alpacaworry:

Btw did you guys see the new tøp song heathens? It's really good (like all their songs) .. I'm just annoyed by those hardcore fangirls who are hyping it waaaay too much. But.. looks like fangirls in every fandom are the same :alpacadone:

Posted

-slams hands on table- I LOOOOVE bmth, patd, secondhand serenade, pierce the veil, Mayday Parade, and ESPECIALLY THE NEIGHBORHOOD!!

And I just started listening to sleeping with sirens!! I really like the acoustic version of their song "james dean and aubrey hepburn!!" 

Posted (edited)

I've really gotten into Against The Current's new album. Definitely a pop punk band. In Our Bones came out in May and it's still one of my most played albums which is strange because I rarely listen to the genre anymore. They have several EPs too. Glad Fueled By Ramen picked them up. The lead singer is really pretty too. She has glorious doe eyes. :alpacacrush:

They also do a lot of covers. Their Youtube is here.

Edited by BonBonChucked

Posted

I freaking love Twenty One Pilots. It's practically an obsession (I'm actually wearing one of their shirts :alpacadone:) I have no idea what I would do without them and they're cut faces and music.
Have you seen them live? I travelled 10 hours to Grand Rapids, MI just to experience them.. We had bad seats but my god it was still worth it to see them. 

Posted

I freaking love Twenty One Pilots. It's practically an obsession (I'm actually wearing one of their shirts :alpacadone:) I have no idea what I would do without them and they're cut faces and music.
Have you seen them live? I travelled 10 hours to Grand Rapids, MI just to experience them.. We had bad seats but my god it was still worth it to see them. 

No but I'm gonna! Got tickets for their emotional roadshow tour! I'm really excited.. but the concert is in November.. so it's still a bit. 

Posted

No but I'm gonna! Got tickets for their emotional roadshow tour! I'm really excited.. but the concert is in November.. so it's still a bit. 

I'm so excited for you!!!!!! Are you going to be in the pit or do you have seats?

Posted

I'm so excited for you!!!!!! Are you going to be in the pit or do you have seats?

My ticket says I can freely choose. So I will definetly go right in the pit! On my first concert without adults, I got in the first row. So I'm totaly gonna do that again if possible, need to touch them lol.

Posted

My ticket says I can freely choose. So I will definetly go right in the pit! On my first concert without adults, I got in the first row. So I'm totaly gonna do that again if possible, need to touch them lol.

omg now im even more excited for you (maybe jealous cause I would totally want to go to another show of theirs)!! I sure hope you get up close though!!!!!! If you touch one of them or anything I will literally explode. Just to be that close to them :alpacalove:

Posted

omg now im even more excited for you (maybe jealous cause I would totally want to go to another show of theirs)!! I sure hope you get up close though!!!!!! If you touch one of them or anything I will literally explode. Just to be that close to them :alpacalove:

I already managed to touch members of Bigbang ..so maybe I'm lucky again :alpacacrush: I really hope so!

Posted

some bands in english i really like are p!atd, marilyn manson, mother mother, UMO and glass animals. theyre all so good and the last two are really relaxing i love it. theres also in this moment, tame impala, mac demarco and die antwoord and jhameel

then theres the emo side, aka mindless self indulgence, top and mcr + mayday parade

also the weeknd. good shit. (not alt but so good)

i know i just dumped a lot of artists on there but im NOT FINISHED HOLD ON

spanish bands. man i love spanish-speaking bands. we have dënver (seriously, give them a listen), alex andwandter, javiera mena, c tangana and mon lafarte. theyre really fucking good ok

good asian artists ive been obsessing over are bts (the blood sweat and tears mv? life.), bo en and kero kero bonito. soo sweet

//music rant over, sorry