• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Bubzbeauty / Lindy

2133 posts in this topic

Posted

Lindy often says in her vlogs, “ I never wear makeup anymore I only take care of my skin” now why in the hell would anyone want to buy makeup from somebody who barely wears it? When I buy makeup from someone I want them to look like Trixie Mattel because the odds are the more makeup they wear the more they know what their doing, care more about their product and which formulas are good ones.Why doesn’t she just release a face mask or something if she’s more into skincare. Just like everyone else on this thread I bought her palette too only because I thought it was supporting a good person at the time and this was the only YouTuber palette I have ever purchased and it was just the same colors just in different shades and 2 purple shades thrown in, low pigment and extreme fall out with the glitter shades. Can’t imagine why anyone would want to buy the lippies and especially a highlighter from her considering she never wears highlighter even in her older videos I can’t recall a time I saw her using or even wearing a highlighter

Posted (edited)

Why doesn’t she just release a face mask or something if she’s more into skincare.

You know, that's a darn good idea. Isn't everyone and their dog on youtube doing makeup? But afaik there aren't many who does their own skincare products. There's probably a reason for it, maybe makeup is just easier both to manufacture and promote, but at least it'd be more unique.

Lol ignore Rachel, I made an edit and she appeared ;_;

rsrtsr.jpg

Edited by ZhouRin

Posted

Lindy often says in her vlogs, “ I never wear makeup anymore I only take care of my skin” now why in the hell would anyone want to buy makeup from somebody who barely wears it? When I buy makeup from someone I want them to look like Trixie Mattel because the odds are the more makeup they wear the more they know what their doing, care more about their product and which formulas are good ones.Why doesn’t she just release a face mask or something if she’s more into skincare. Just like everyone else on this thread I bought her palette too only because I thought it was supporting a good person at the time and this was the only YouTuber palette I have ever purchased and it was just the same colors just in different shades and 2 purple shades thrown in, low pigment and extreme fall out with the glitter shades. Can’t imagine why anyone would want to buy the lippies and especially a highlighter from her considering she never wears highlighter even in her older videos I can’t recall a time I saw her using or even wearing a highlighter

EXACTLY. I was tempted to buy her palette at that time but luckily I didn't had enough money for it...

I just bought my first youtuber palette tho. And it's from Jefree f*ing Star because I trust no one with my makeup but him. And I know it's gonna be worth the money. 

Posted

If the video looks anything like your recent makeup looks, we don't want them, Lindy.

Screenshot_20190110-195252.jpg

When the make-up and pose age you, you better give up.. she makes me think of Asian (sorry, she's East asian, i can't help it) women in their 40s. Nothing wrong with those women, obviously, but she's in her early 30s. 

Is she trying to impersonate Kayako from Ju-on? Dont open the spoiler if you get scared easily!

kayako.thumb.jpg.b42b67421671558ee13a9f6

Posted

65484924-E9D1-4B58-AFB6-29ED913C1E67.jpeg

Posted

at least its not the curled eyeliner she does???

trying to find a positive here

Posted

its one thing to do puppy-eye eyeliner, cause if you do it right depending on your eye shape it can be really cute, but hers is dragged so damn low compared to her lower waterline and its super jagged. this pic doesnt do the michelle's product any justice.

the way she does her makeup is still stuck in 2013/2014, when she was at her peak, and all the kpop and kdrama stars wore that thick black droopy eyeliner. i used to do that as my daily look back then and have grown apart from it long ago lol.

Posted

There is no way, that I would buy her make up again. As a loyal fan I bought the eyeshadow palette when it came out and I was extremely disappointed with the outcome. The pigmentation is none existent and the cardboard packaging just looked so trashy... I don't think the lippies or highlighter will be any different...

I couldn't buy the palette back then as I was so broke. But I actually bought the two lippies that were on promotion. 2 for $20. Only because I love those two colours and don't have time to go to an actual shop to look around for these colours. Plus it was a bargain. 

The downside though... I wouldn't buy it again. It doesn't moisturise at all, it dries your lips so much 10 minutes in. I have to apply lip balm once in a while to keep my lips from shrinking to non existence. Which also defeats the longevity. As the moisture makes the colour go away a lot quicker but I'd rather not have long lasting effect than have shrunken lips that look like butt hole... 

It still is a bargain, I don't regret it as the packaging is pretty and mirror in it is so big and comfy but... After that I said I won't buy any of her make up products. The new lip colour is so repulsively and disgustingly pink anyways (hello 90s and 00s)...

Girl...

Screenshot_20190110-183401.jpg

Errrrm... The book wasn't even that good... First couple chapters were alright (even saved some highlights on my Kindle) but the rest was a snooze fest... 

Posted (edited)

don’t they already sponsor her?

09E77068-91D1-4039-907E-0E49CCC6E297.png

Edited by Ayce

Posted

As if i’d pay 400 odd quid for my curls to drop within hours. No chance. 

Posted

that look is a disaster, IMHO :( not flattering at all. And that smile... like.... a surprised face would have been more appropriate. 

she said in a vlog that her sister gave her the curler, and i don't know if they sponsor her. 

Posted

I’m sure she had only positive things to say about it she’s not an honest review type of person everyone who reviewed this utterly hated it this product was a total flop and Idk why she’s reviewing it now when it’s came out maybe a year or two ago? If she’s gonna do reviews and really wants to rake in the views then she needs to do a more new and relevant item that’s highly sought after not something that has been irrelevant for months and most people hated we all know now. She just needs to move on from the beauty stuff it’s not what she’s passionate about anymore and it’s painfully obvious she barely posts on bubzbeauty just become a family channel already, there are plenty of beauty gurus that are still passionate and give better advice/looks/tutorials than her, why watch her and buy her products? It’s just pathetic to watch how much she’s holding onto her dead career it’s like graveyard girl 

Posted

Christ, idk if it’s the makeup, or angle, or all that but she looks old, so done and as if she doesn’t want to be there recording the video :/

just get a break lindy, it honestly pains me as a former fan to see you like this, you became so bitter and all you do is shit on your husband online. It’s 2019, no one would judge you if you divorce Tim. Okay, some would, ep the Asian relatives but people move on, even if they talk shit they wouldn’t trash that divorce 24/7 forever. There’s no such thing as perfect picture family, how long will you cling on that non existent image? It’s okay to admit shit doesn't work out sometimes, that’s just how life is :alpacadone:

Posted

Who even is sponsoring her at this point? Is there ANYONE who listens to her opinions and think they're valid anymore lmao? The girl was done with her beauty career three years ago. At this point it'd be much classier for her to just drop any beauty-related content (because quite frankly, her fans who originally subscribed for this moved on to better gurus, and the new followers are there for her children) and pull a Marzia, stop bubzbeauty altogether and focus on making a family channel. If she held her shitty husband responsible for once maybe they could work things out and turn this into their new revenue. But it's so much easier to milk something that no one cares about enough to call her out on and drag your husband publicly every time you have a meltdown amirite

Posted

This is why I'm glad that I grew up without the internet... (context: Ayla was throwing a tantrum, Lindy obviously thought it's hilarious because it was over a minor reason and she had to take photos and share it with her followers)

Screenshot_20190114-195725.jpg