• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Bubzbeauty / Lindy

1834 posts in this topic

Posted

Honestly there is so much she could do content wise, but she just doesn't want to let go that beauty guru title behind. Id love to see her draw more, cook more, do more crafting, try new hobbies. The vlogs would be less boring if the video shows what her family did in a course of a few weeks rather than a few days. She would have more interesting options to put in her video rather than the same breakfeast - lunch - dinner , playtime with kids or ranting. A monthly vlog video sounds ideal to me. And for the school funding, she could come up with so many products, but she limits herself at low quality and expensive beauty products with the same 2010 design. She has all that talent and potential, yet she is wasting it.

Couldn't have said it better. Her vlogs became so boring and uninteresting. There's so much she could show us 'cause she is talented. Idk make DIY stuff for mommies or kids. Make crafty vids with Isaac. But she just became lazy af. Just wants to makevthat YT money with as little effort as possible. She should switch to a "family" channel, which suits her life better. She's not showing us anything new that another random families are doing.

It's an insult to fans that she's selling makeup, when she is clearly not a beautyguru anymore. She's leeching off her loyal fans who have supported her for a long time. Like everyone said, her style is outdated and not unique. Learn to grow with your channel, not live in the past.

I had so much respect for her back in the day, actually looked up to her. It's a shame she's putting out her dirty laundry so much. It feels she hasn't matured at all in the last 5 years or so. Now when I look at her channel I just feel bad for her. 

Posted

^lol yeah, bubz was my favorite YTer back in my teens but years have passed and obviously i got older too.
looking at her now feels to me like watching a teenage trainwreck of a person :alpacaworry:

though i personally think she hasn't aged mentally for like....at least 10 years.
i don't think she's smart nor wise or someone you could learn from and i'm way younger than her. i think her "positive" attitude she likes to portrait is just easily blinding people :v (i was no exception lel)

Posted

There is no way, that I would buy her make up again. As a loyal fan I bought the eyeshadow palette when it came out and I was extremely disappointed with the outcome. The pigmentation is none existent and the cardboard packaging just looked so trashy... I don't think the lippies or highlighter will be any different...

Posted

There is no way, that I would buy her make up again. As a loyal fan I bought the eyeshadow palette when it came out and I was extremely disappointed with the outcome. The pigmentation is none existent and the cardboard packaging just looked so trashy... I don't think the lippies or highlighter will be any different...

Same! I said that already on the thread, but she had promised so many makeup tutorials with that eyeshadow palette and I thought cool! You're not creative with eyeshadow, so why not invest the money, do some good with it and then get some inspiration with exactly the colours from the palette? I think she did one or two looks with it in one single video and then never used her own palette again. Since I don't know what to do with most of the colours, mine is only somewhere in my bathroom now as well. Completely wasted my money because I only used the basic brown colours.

Posted

I'm honestly not even thinking of buying any of her beauty products. Why would I when I can go to the store and get pigmented AF Anastasia or Huda, Tarte, Too Faced and all those other brands that know what they are doing ?

Now if someone like Wayne Goss were to release makeup, that would tempt me. But Bubz who doesn't wear makeup at all or just to promote her stuff? Why would I do that ?

Posted

Same! I said that already on the thread, but she had promised so many makeup tutorials with that eyeshadow palette and I thought cool! You're not creative with eyeshadow, so why not invest the money, do some good with it and then get some inspiration with exactly the colours from the palette? I think she did one or two looks with it in one single video and then never used her own palette again. Since I don't know what to do with most of the colours, mine is only somewhere in my bathroom now as well. Completely wasted my money because I only used the basic brown colours.

The same thing happened with me! I bought the palette because it was at ULTA and I could use a coupon on it so I got it at a discount. Even though I got it at a cheaper price I still regret buying her palette.

The glitter shadows were horrible quality and all of the eyeshadows only lasted about an hour or two before wearing off. I also don't think I really used any colors besides the two matte brown ones (optimistic and inspired?) As well. I ended up throwing it in the trash about a year ago.

Lindy picked out the colors, though the actual crappy formulation of the eyeshadows is probably more of BH Cosmetic's fault than hers.

Posted

Girl...

Screenshot_20190110-183401.jpg

Posted (edited)

Wait this is actually creepy. Being proud of your work is one thing but praising it like there's nothing better in the world is messed up imo. 

Edited by Iris Heart

Posted (edited)

Her views started to drop drastically lately, I wonder how she feels about it. If it keeps going on like this, by the start of the next year she will barely reach 20k per video.

Edited by Carbonara Leaf
punctuation

Posted

Wait this is actually creepy. Being proud of your work is one thing but praising it like there's nothing better in the world is messed up imo. 

She sounds like she never read it before, even less like she wrote it herself tbh. How does your own writing "blow you away"?

Posted

Girl...

Screenshot_20190110-183401.jpg

What shit is this now

Posted

If the video looks anything like your recent makeup looks, we don't want them, Lindy.

Screenshot_20190110-195252.jpg

Posted

What shit is this now

Trying to increase sales, if you ask me.

Posted (edited)

I used to watch Bubz' comedy channel on YT. She was funny. It makes me sad to see how she's coping with her life now.. no unique, quirky videos anymore..

Just my opinon, but I think she's very alone, with a lot of responsibilities and expectations, and nobody to support her emotionally. 

I wish her the best.

Edited by Night_rain
Spelling

Posted

If the video looks anything like your recent makeup looks, we don't want them, Lindy.

Screenshot_20190110-195252.jpg

that curved eyeliner look needs to go back to 2014 and burn