• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Bubzbeauty / Lindy

2128 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree with her rant wholeheartedly but it weirds me out since she herself is such a gender role reinforcing person, calling herself a domesticated wife, calling her daughter a 'diva' 'mini-me' etc. (she says so much stuff that peeves me in relation to what girls/boys should be like), treating her husband like an overgrown toddler. I don't like Tim much but when she acted like he's incapable of taking care of his own kids for 2(?) days without her I could understand why he felt slightly insulted lol (although he did need his actual mommy to help for most of it, of course). Tim leaves her alone with young kids for weeks on end and I don't see him losing any nights' sleep over it. But he had to point out himself to Lindy that men can also take care of their own kids - so why is she ranting about it a week later, when she reinforces this kind of stuff it at her every step? It's obviously a sign of a lot of passive aggressiveness between them (like... shouting "I'm the breadwinner!!" at the camera). We're aware Tim is pretty useless - is she? She also said she'll stop talking about her marriage/Tim online hmmmm guess that didn't last very long. Then she complains that her fans turn against him. Honestly they both need to grow up. 

Posted

I agree with her rant wholeheartedly but it weirds me out since she herself is such a gender role reinforcing person, calling herself a domesticated wife, calling her daughter a 'diva' 'mini-me' etc. (she says so much stuff that peeves me in relation to what girls/boys should be like), treating her husband like an overgrown toddler. I don't like Tim much but when she acted like he's incapable of taking care of his own kids for 2(?) days without her I could understand why he felt slightly insulted lol (although he did need his actual mommy to help for most of it, of course). Tim leaves her alone with young kids for weeks on end and I don't see him losing any nights' sleep over it. But he had to point out himself to Lindy that men can also take care of their own kids - so why is she ranting about it a week later, when she reinforces this kind of stuff it at her every step? It's obviously a sign of a lot of passive aggressiveness between them (like... shouting "I'm the breadwinner!!" at the camera). We're aware Tim is pretty useless - is she? She also said she'll stop talking about her marriage/Tim online hmmmm guess that didn't last very long. Then she complains that her fans turn against him. Honestly they both need to grow up. 

i agree with you so much. and i couldn't express these thoughts better myself. 

i got fed up with her saying "'m the sole breadwinner in the house" - what is she trying to say: that she wants Tim to find a job [there's nothing to stop him really]? that's she's so busy to do other stuff? that we [or Tim] should make a statue in her image to praise her? 

She's also not very clear with what she wants in life, from her husband, or from society.. and society will never give her what she wants. She has more control [or relative control] over her life and husband. But i think they both are incapable of communicating like adults. She's giving off mixed signals and messages to her viewers and i think even more so to Tim. [she complains about him one second, then the next she feels guilty and praises him; she's reinforcing gender roles one minute and then complains when others do it, the breadwinner comment is also very confusing as she's throwing it there when she wants compassion...] 

I want to unsubscribe from her channel, but i got my partner hooked to her dramas xD 

Posted

When did she become so unlikeable? I actually feel a little sad. I used to like her a lot. 

Posted

When did she become so unlikeable? I actually feel a little sad. I used to like her a lot. 

I’m gonna be that guy and say it’s because she had kids 

Posted

Going to say she lacks balance in the way she handles her life and actually is proud of it. 

Posted

Is it fair to say I like Lindy's vlogs better when Tim's not around? She seems more relaxed when she's alone with the kids some how..

Posted

Is it fair to say I like Lindy's vlogs better when Tim's not around? She seems more relaxed when she's alone with the kids some how..

I actually think she seems more depressing when Tim's not around. What, with her  seemingly constant attempts to try and fill her days up with painting "because she remembered she used to love it" and wanted to rediscover that part of herself. Then she dropped that and moved  on to  cupcake decorating. Then she dropped THAT and moved into calligraphy with positive "justgirly things" -esque phrases. AND NOOOW she's into building tiny houses.

Theres nothing wrong with having hobbies. The  thing is, she literally picks one up every time Tim is MIA completing his Lindy-given tasks. It's like she genuinely doesn't know what to do with herself and is going through a mental self-help checklist of things to occupy yourself with and redirect your energy into. 

::example tape clicks in followed by calm woman's voice::

"✔Practice Painting

✔Yell at your husband

✔Decorate Cupcakes

✔Write a book

✔Tell the world about your problems

✔Learn Calligraphy

✔Scream into your pillow

✔Create tiny furniture

✔Cry yourself to sleep

✔Question your existence and cling desperately to your children as a source of your personality because you no longer have one that isn't angry, petty, hypocritical, or sad.

✔Meditate 😃"

Posted

Did anyone else see in one of her newest blogs she wanted to get Issac a tea party set because he wanted one but Tim wouldn’t allow it all because it was pink. Tim, he’s three if he wants a pink tea set it’s fine he won’t magically turn feminine, trans, or gay (why that matters is beyond me sexuality nor gender should matter because both of those things have nothing to do with raising a good human)  just because he played with a pink tea set a few times as a toddler

family friend;s kid had the rarest Winx and Barbie dolls and liked their dresses and never had male dolls. Now? He's manly and still enjoys stuff like that, is not ashamed of his collection one bit. Stuff like that is fleeting and is stupid for Tim to be scared like that. I guess since they're traditional and all that

Posted

family friend;s kid had the rarest Winx and Barbie dolls and liked their dresses and never had male dolls. Now? He's manly and still enjoys stuff like that, is not ashamed of his collection one bit. Stuff like that is fleeting and is stupid for Tim to be scared like that. I guess since they're traditional and all that

their "traditional" can be flushed down the toilet because he should be the breadwinner if we go by "tradition". 

oh, sorry, i wasn't attacking you, i'm kinda fed up with Tim a bit more than with her [because i can sometimes understand her and her moods: it can't be easy to take care of 5 kids, :doge: ooops! -and i think she considers their dogs as their kids in a way, like many other people. and i honestly don't know how she manages all her responsibilities and in this regard i feel bad for her].

and him refusing to buy this or that for Isaac might have to buy for Ayla. and what is he going to do? stop Isaac from playing with Ayla with the "girly" toys? or is he going to stop Ayla from playing with Isaac's toys/cars? puhlease! and if Isaac turns out to be gay, there's no stopping that, as far as i know... LOL. 

Posted

I watched her new video and I immediately wanted to just close it bc for some reason I was incredibly annoyed by her two minuted long talk about how her "hot" gardener won't come back and how upset she is.

Back in the day I used to really like her and watched her videos almost everyday. But I just...can't relate to anything anymore. I know it was a joke but it just wasn't funny. It's the same kind of joke your aging aunt would tell to seem young and funny but you just want her to stop bc life isn't an episode of sex and the city and you're not yet desperate enough to try and portray it that way. Idk. Maybe I'm too harsh lol. But she just got so boring. 90% of her videos are complaining at this point.

Posted

I watched her new video and I immediately wanted to just close it bc for some reason I was incredibly annoyed by her two minuted long talk about how her "hot" gardener won't come back and how upset she is.

Back in the day I used to really like her and watched her videos almost everyday. But I just...can't relate to anything anymore. I know it was a joke but it just wasn't funny. It's the same kind of joke your aging aunt would tell to seem young and funny but you just want her to stop bc life isn't an episode of sex and the city and you're not yet desperate enough to try and portray it that way. Idk. Maybe I'm too harsh lol. But she just got so boring. 90% of her videos are complaining at this point.

same here.. and I'm the one who started this thread lmao. She got really boring imo.. prolly because she's a fulltime mum even more now. But I haven't watched a video in like 2 months or something. Its almost always the same anyways. I don't blame her for that.. but its really not interesting for me anymore at this point. *shrugs*

Posted

After reading this thread originally I had a soft spot for Lindy and I felt indifferent about Tim but now both of them irritate me. Lindy is very preachy but barely can keep her own life together that wholesome traditional white Pickett fence family image has never worked for anyone and tim is just an ass nothing more who can barely take care of his kids In the words of the american sitcom fresh off the boat “dads don’t babysit it’s not babysitting if they are your own kids it’s called parenting” her vlogs have been a bit boring but I’m chalking that up her being a mom she should get into hobby I remember when she use to paint her paintings were so pretty 

Posted

I'm saddened, myself. I no longer have item for YT anyway, but even when I did I didn't look at her videos anymore. I held on for quite a while after she had Isaac, but it's just the same hat now, I agree. When she had just gotten Chubbi, and they were living in Hong Kong... her videos were great and I aspired so badly to be like her. But now she's gone in a direction I won't and I no longer find following her gratifying. I'm sad to say it.

Posted

I started watching bubz years ago, it was when I started caring about my appearance. She had to have been 20-23 at the time I started watching her. I watched ALL of her makeup tutorials, ALL of her videos. She was so sweet and reminded me of a big sister. I watched her and Tim get married, have Isaac, everything. Ive always had this feeling that she and Tim are only together because they've never really been with anyone else. I truly wish they would separate already, they're both miserable in their marriage. It's clear that Lindy is hardly interested in Tim at all, she just keeps him around because she doesn't really have friends. She's tragic