• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Bubzbeauty / Lindy

3146 posts in this topic

Posted

Manflu sounds so damn..embarrassing. OT: Those bloody lady doritos dont get me started

Lindy don't rush home. Maybe I'm being a jerk, but like, leave him. He's an adult he can handle the flu. Go out with the girls for a night and leave him up till 4AM. Be petty.:alpacaworry:

I'm sure she didn't "rush back for Tim" but for the kids. Because when Tim is having a COLD he can't care for the kids, ya guys!

Posted

Ok I’m gonna be that person, and I don’t mean to nitpick everything lindy says but come on “man flu”? Since when did having the flu is a feminine thing? I know she’s joking but this feels like to me when companies gender everyday objects that are unnecessary to gender like the pen for women that bic did and the new “lady” Doritos (not kidding google it) 

Loool yeah heard about those on jknews 😂😂 couldn't believe that

But I wouldn't say manflu is meant like that 

Posted

Did Lindy actually cheat on Tim before their marriage or is this just speculation?

Posted

Did Lindy actually cheat on Tim before their marriage or is this just speculation?

apparently she talked about it in her book. Still waiting on Avra to post about it

Posted

Ok I’m gonna be that person, and I don’t mean to nitpick everything lindy says but come on “man flu”? Since when did having the flu is a feminine thing? I know she’s joking but this feels like to me when companies gender everyday objects that are unnecessary to gender like the pen for women that bic did and the new “lady” Doritos (not kidding google it) 

90363814-A878-4234-B2F4-25EE90017D41.png

Manflu isn't gendered in that way,but also kind of that way. It's refers to guys being overdramatic about colds. Here's a thinkpiece from nyt that produces some eyerolls but also PREACH that truth about what babies some guys can be about the sniffles.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/style/why-men-complain-about-colds-so-much.html

Posted (edited)

I understand what you are saying but I still disagree. It is definitely easier, we all understand that. That's why a lot of first world countries have obesity epidemics. It's simply easier to have take out. Restaurants/fast food places aren't these incredible places where you buy things at a wholesale price. The price is adjusted so the restaurant will make a profit after paying for the costs to produce the food, pay for upkeep fees and to pay for their staff. It is always cheaper to make your own food, no matter where you live.

I don't know where you're from, but if you're a foreigner from America (which has a low minimum wage), you would surely find the prices to be relatively cheap. HK's minimum wage is currently under $5 USD. So the cost of living is low to accommodate this. Now, in 2018 if Lindy said that she had no time, I'd understand completely. She's got two (basically three...) kids, two dogs and a YouTube and other business ventures to handle. But in that video, they didn't have half of all of that. They were a happily newly engaged childless couple.

I totally get what you mean, but it honestly is different in Hong Kong - it is a fast-paced place and a lifestyle they've accomodated to. A menu in McDonald's cost approximately $3 in Hong Kong and local food restaurants which you can find everywhere is around the same too (dim sum, noodles, other Asian dishes). At the very low end, a good $6 will be enough for one person a day to eat outside and grocery is equal. I'm from Sweden so eating out here is basically a treat - but if you look at the lifestyle of Hong Kong you'd probably understand why they and bubz (used to) eat out so often regardless of her financial/emotional/personal state at that time.  

Edited by whateverrr
typo

Posted

I totally get what you mean, but it honestly is different in Hong Kong - it is a fast-paced place and a lifestyle they've accomodated to. A menu in McDonald's cost approximately $3 in Hong Kong and local food restaurants which you can find everywhere is around the same too (dim sum, noodles, other Asian dishes). At the very low end, a good $6 will be enough for one person a day to eat outside and grocery is equal. I'm from Sweden so eating out here is basically a treat - but if you look at the lifestyle of Hong Kong you'd probably understand why they and bubz (used to) eat out so often regardless of her financial/emotional/personal state at that time.  

I agree. In HK, there's this restaurant at the bottom floor of my aunt's apartment that serves a decent meal (bowl of soup macaroni w ham, my fav) for $1-2. I asked my aunt if eating out is cheaper than cooking food, and she said it's about the same. You don't need to pay tip in HK as well. I miss eating in HK, their food is amazing (sorry OT lol)

Posted

apparently she talked about it in her book. Still waiting on Avra to post about it

i finished the book recently and i don't recall anything about her saying she cheated on tim. however, there is a detailed section about how they were *really* close to getting divorce. does anybody want me to post that?

Posted

Logged into twitter while doing hw (I know shame on me) and saw a lengthy post from lindy this being the first. I can understand why those feel the way tim does with anti consumerism a lot of Holidays are consumerism based and I’m totally down for not buying into the gimmick but the excuse lindy gives is just really? It feels like she’s bragging by making a lengthy post of (there’s at least 4 more tweets after this one about it) oh my husband thinks Valentine’s Day is bs because he loves me fully every day does he lindy? Does he really? I’m not trying to degrade Tim at all because EVEN I DONT love my SO fully everyday. When she writes this kind of stuff it feels like she’s kind of looking down on those who do celebrate Valentine’s Day as well. 

17C62E02-F084-4977-91F5-E59D7F4417FD.png

Posted

Logged into twitter while doing hw (I know shame on me) and saw a lengthy post from lindy this being the first. I can understand why those feel the way tim does with anti consumerism a lot of Holidays are consumerism based and I’m totally down for not buying into the gimmick but the excuse lindy gives is just really? It feels like she’s bragging by making a lengthy post of (there’s at least 4 more tweets after this one about it) oh my husband thinks Valentine’s Day is bs because he loves me fully every day does he lindy? Does he really? I’m not trying to degrade Tim at all because EVEN I DONT love my SO fully everyday. When she writes this kind of stuff it feels like she’s kind of looking down on those who do celebrate Valentine’s Day as well. 

17C62E02-F084-4977-91F5-E59D7F4417FD.png

Her "rant" is so fucking long, ugh. She goes on to list all those "non-romantic" things that are romantic to her and they're all completely normal daily tasks and things that I consider normal for any kind of relationship? I can't tell if she's bragging or complaining about not getting more for VD.

201802154.jpg

Posted

Her "rant" is so fucking long, ugh. She goes on to list all those "non-romantic" things that are romantic to her and they're all completely normal daily tasks and things that I consider normal for any kind of relationship? I can't tell if she's bragging or complaining about not getting more for VD.

201802154.jpg

You are right, thats all basic things married couples do. You share chores, fix each others things, and share food. Big whoop. My husband does the same, never goes a day without saying he loves me. But some days are extra special to some people, because they don't have time or money to spoil the SO on a regular basis. Or some people just want to cheese it up for a day.

I hate flowers too Lindy, because they are a hassle. But today i came home to a bouquet and nearly cried, because who doesn't secretly want flowers.

And correct me if I am wrong, didnt bubz say she used to love having fresh flowers in the house? This was a while back.

Posted

You are right, thats all basic things married couples do. You share chores, fix each others things, and share food. Big whoop. My husband does the same, never goes a day without saying he loves me. But some days are extra special to some people, because they don't have time or money to spoil the SO on a regular basis. Or some people just want to cheese it up for a day.

I hate flowers too Lindy, because they are a hassle. But today i came home to a bouquet and nearly cried, because who doesn't secretly want flowers.

And correct me if I am wrong, didnt bubz say she used to love having fresh flowers in the house? This was a while back.

She constantly buys fresh flowers and huge bouquets too. There were a lot already in her vlogs and it does sound like she's only saying it as a "I don't like flowers anyway. Or chocolates. Or anything special."

It gets really annoying how she has to talk herself into believing the stuff she's saying. "Normal everyday chores are romantic too, I don't want flowers anyway, Valentine's Day is stupid", yeah, of course. If VD didn't mean anything to you, you wouldn't mention it at all.

Posted

Mine too! I don't even remember the last day he didn't tell me he loves me or I to him. And if we think about Tim he likes to spend more money on himself than to Lindy. Wasn't it just few months ago when he went on a shopping spree and got himself a huge box of mech stuff? And what he got to his wife? Some color pencils? Like come on!

Some people just like other days better, for me our wedding day and birthdays are the most special ones and that's when effort should be put in. But still, I wouldn't go dooming and judging others for celebrating their special days.

Posted

wow... talk about overcompensating... this (these?) long ass rant/s are compensating for what she deliberately showed about tim.

whatever she's selling i'm not buying it