Bubzbeauty / Lindy

684 posts in this topic

Posted

About the dogs, whether or not you think dogs should be allowed to sleep on furniture or sit on chairs is a personal preference and I don't think it's one's choice to choose what's right and wrong. Some people are fine with letting their dogs sleep on their couches and beds, others are not, but I don't think it's your choice to say their dogs are "poorly trained" because they are fine with having dogs on furniture and your not. 

Also they did say many times that they felt bad about the dogs not having much room to play in HK, in one blog I remember bubz even being a bit teary-eyed because she was so happy to finally bring the dogs to Northern Ireland and give them room to run around.

I also never recall her complaining about having a boy? Or complaining about having a child too soon? I do remember her saying they wanted to wait a year before having a kid but never once did I hear her complain or blame Issac for having no free time. I can go back and try to find the video again but in one vlog (around new years when she was pregnant) she was even saying how she was happy to be having a kid and felt like she outgrew the whole "having no kids and partying every night" phase.

Uhm I have no slept in days so sorry if I'm being all over the place, will correct it to be more eloquent if I remember it (and when I'm more clear in the head).. Also why aren't spoilers working for me wuuuut?? Or are they because I can't tell.

Agreed with the dog part. Honestly if they're puppies, THEY WILL SHIT AND PISS ACCIDENTALLY. So saying she's shit with her dogs is like sayin "oh fuck my kid shit himself i didn't train him well" when the kid is 30 days old. Be real pls.

I remember that vlog tbh. She said she was happy and she wished for a girl (earlier) if I remember correct. But that was before he was born I believe. But eh, having a kid is hard and they get sick a lot. If he has my kind of immune system then she gun get buuseey. 
:feelgud: But yeah I remember it like that and not "ew boy baby".

Posted

latest vlog... thoughts? i'm not offended but I see how some people will complain about a vlog being sponsored... I mean it is sponsored, right?

Posted (edited)

latest vlog... thoughts? i'm not offended but I see how some people will complain about a vlog being sponsored... I mean it is sponsored, right?

I wondered about that too, like in Germany we had a huuuuuge uproar recently about people not marking their sponsored videos. In the end it's up to the people posting the videos, but I think it also could count as camouflaged/surreptitious advertising and get people in trouble. I was waiting for an annotation or something, just a small note via YT from Bubz that said the video is sponsored, but nothing. It is definitely sponsored because all those publicity stunts like taking people to random places (she also did that video series about going to Turkey I think? That was sponsored by an airline or something) are always sponsored, they're for free for the receiving person as long as they advertise the product in some way. I actually liked Listerine's idea here about being bold and doing something bold, but I'm still not sure what the direct connection to the product is. Using Listerine makes you try more bold stuff...? Meh, didn't reach me, wouldn't buy, sorry. But it looked like sooo much fun, totally would try that zipline too! :lamaheadshake: (so... I guess this was an advertisement that completely failed on me because I'd rather spend money on the zipline than Listerine lol)

Edit: Just checked the description to see if she wrote about it being sponsored there at least but...

Hello Youtube Fambam,

Tim and I are feeling BOLD! We ride the world’s fastest and Europe’s longest zip line. RAWR!

We really really enjoyed this project with Listerine because we were able to travel by ourselves and do something crazy together. It was honestly like a mini vacation except in the end, we gotta do something crazy. We want to take this opportunity to thank Listerine for the fun opportunity. If it wasn’t you guys, we most likely wouldn’t have done this voluntarily and we’re glad we had this experience. I FEEL LIKE I CAN DO ANYTHING NOW. RAWR!

Ps. Still glad it wasn’t bungee jumping.

#BringOutTheBold #Ad

Love, the Bubz family

That's all. Just that #Ad.

Edited by Qualle

Posted

IKR like the bold statement got me. I think all of us should be bold some times, that made the vlog more -- I guess, tolerable) but yeah.. no correlation with listerine and being bold. maybe being bold because of your fresh minty breath to kiss someone but that's it...

sidenote: I hate listerine it burns my mouth and my soul i feel like it's one of the hells... JS

Posted (edited)

@Qualle

In the beginning of the video at 00:20 she states that listerine is the one sending her on the trip, so she didn't lie about it being sponsored.

Also a few seconds after that at 00:27 she states that listerine did a study and found that people who use their product are more likely to do bold things, hence why they decided to send them on a zip line.

Edited by Serenity

Posted

Technically as long as she adds #ad or "ad" in any description or title or hashtag, she's complying with laws on advertising in her videos. 

Posted

A lot of companies tell the people they are sponsoring to advertise the company without making it sound like an advertisement. 

Posted

Has anyone seen her newest vlog? I'm kinda mad about how she was treating her dogs in that vlog.

In the vlog, while attempting to play/pet the dogs issac starts to hit/smack them. Bubz doesn't show whether or not she tried to stop issac from smacking them and does not tell him that hitting the dogs isn't ok behavior, she just praises the dogs for behaving so well when issac is rough with them.

While yes it is nice of the dogs not to growl back, that does NOT mean it's ok for issac to hit the dogs. Them not growling back doesn't mean "oh the dogs must not mind it! I'll just let him keep treating the dogs that way then! ".

I understand she loves her son but just because she has a child now doesn't mean she can just ignore her dogs. Issac is 2 now, she needs to teach him how to treat the dogs respectfully.

Posted

RIP her comedy channel, Bubbiosity.

I enjoyed those videos. As for her beauty channel, its the same thing over and over again, her looks are nothing new. Somehow she manages to mess up on her Kylie Jenner Look tutorial. 

Posted

Has anyone seen her newest vlog? I'm kinda mad about how she was treating her dogs in that vlog.

In the vlog, while attempting to play/pet the dogs issac starts to hit/smack them. Bubz doesn't show whether or not she tried to stop issac from smacking them and does not tell him that hitting the dogs isn't ok behavior, she just praises the dogs for behaving so well when issac is rough with them.

While yes it is nice of the dogs not to growl back, that does NOT mean it's ok for issac to hit the dogs. Them not growling back doesn't mean "oh the dogs must not mind it! I'll just let him keep treating the dogs that way then! ".

I understand she loves her son but just because she has a child now doesn't mean she can just ignore her dogs. Issac is 2 now, she needs to teach him how to treat the dogs respectfully.

I don't have dogs, so i'm not an expert on how you care for dogs but yes... bubz should really let isaac learn how to be around the dogs. i don't know.. maybe some things are more important.

Posted

thoughts?? I actually read on GG way back and they were criticizing them on bubz and tim's ability to prevent unwanted pregnancies. I think kind of the same. they should like plan more and be more cautious. not saying that children aren't blessings but you know how it is... i think children should be spaced better. just my opinion tho. everyone does life differently. 

Posted

Hidden Content

thoughts?? I actually read on GG way back and they were criticizing them on bubz and tim's ability to prevent unwanted pregnancies. I think kind of the same. they should like plan more and be more cautious. not saying that children aren't blessings but you know how it is... i think children should be spaced better. just my opinion tho. everyone does life differently. 

eeeh well,maybe harsh things first: if they didnt want a brother or sister for isaac so soon why they dont just use any kind of birth control? isaac was also not planned and a surprise. why she didnt go to a doctor in the first place to check if she is pregnant or not? how many tests she did? 5? 6?

but apart from that i feel sorry for her. a miscarriage is nothing you take easy. my mother had one when she was very young but its still painfull for her to talk about it even today. lindy is blaming herself for it and i feel so sorry for her. i hope her and tim can recover from it in the best way possible.

Posted

I don't know what they do, but there are people that don't like to use such methods. They prefer fertility awareness, etc. Although she did mention the emergency contraception, so that might not apply here. But I don't think they should be criticized for that, everyone approaches it differently. Maybe they're not as against a surprise pregnancy as they could be.

Disclaimer: I have loved and followed Bubz for some 8 years and fully admit to being defensive. xD

Posted

No one should judge a woman who just had a miscarriage. That's plain out rude.

There's a difference between unplanned as in "not being able to support a child in that moment" and unplanned as in "if it happens, it happens, but there's definitely space and time and money for a child".

It's good that she shares her story, a lot of the comments confirmed that there's more miscarriages than people talk about and personally, I didn't know that and I believe that it can help other women who had miscarriages as well to feel a little more comfortable with not being alone in their situation. Even if it's only online, maybe it's even better that way because some of them might want to talk about it but not admit it to their surroundings. So why judge someone for not preventing a miscarriage OR pregnancy if they do want another baby someday anyway and have the resources to support it?

I don't know, but for me it feels weird that this thread gets digged out to discuss someone else's personal, really private choices like that. Why not talk about her eyeshadow pallete?

Posted

No one should judge a woman who just had a miscarriage. That's plain out rude.

There's a difference between unplanned as in "not being able to support a child in that moment" and unplanned as in "if it happens, it happens, but there's definitely space and time and money for a child".

It's good that she shares her story, a lot of the comments confirmed that there's more miscarriages than people talk about and personally, I didn't know that and I believe that it can help other women who had miscarriages as well to feel a little more comfortable with not being alone in their situation. Even if it's only online, maybe it's even better that way because some of them might want to talk about it but not admit it to their surroundings. So why judge someone for not preventing a miscarriage OR pregnancy if they do want another baby someday anyway and have the resources to support it?

I don't know, but for me it feels weird that this thread gets digged out to discuss someone else's personal, really private choices like that. Why not talk about her eyeshadow pallete?

didn't mean for her to be criticized by putting the video link here... actually I do really like bubz and ofc no one wants a miscarriage. it's just that i think tim and bubz can plan more or be more cautious when it comes to procreating.