Bubzbeauty / Lindy

701 posts in this topic

Posted

Will she ever do any type of eyeliner besides the puppy one? It honestly doesn't suit her face, especially with how low and long she makes the tail. I don't think I've ever seen her with a regular wing :alpacabored:

firefox_2018-01-03_14-39-28.thumb.png.a4firefox_2018-01-03_14-44-49.thumb.png.55

Welll, she doesn't care about makeup anymore (sadly) unless it's for making money, so... :alpacabored:

Posted (edited)

Will she ever do any type of eyeliner besides the puppy one? It honestly doesn't suit her face, especially with how low and long she makes the tail. I don't think I've ever seen her with a regular wing :alpacabored:

firefox_2018-01-03_14-39-28.thumb.png.a4firefox_2018-01-03_14-44-49.thumb.png.55

I still don't get how she was a beauty guru.. her looks all looked similar to me..

edit: just catched up on her vlogs...seeing Tim spending so much of Lindys(!!!) money on shit for himself makes me mad.. idk how Lindy can stay calm like that. I would have made him send back 90%.

Edited by platypus

Posted

Hi usually this isn’t the thread I lurk in but I’m a long time subscriber of lindys and reading these thread has felt relieving because many of my own observations have been proven to be correct by this thread or at least I’m not the only one thinking it. Tbh I never liked Tim all that much he seems like a very entitled man who cares more about himself than his wife and perhaps his kids. I remember lindy was excusing his behavior before Ayla being born that he was pretty much gonna be very disappointed to have a daughter instead of a son which is so problematic in my opinion. Definitely feels like lindy has some form of Stockholm syndrome for Tim because every time he does something problematic even towards herself she defends him. Obviously she’s gonna defend her husband but I feel like lindy is afraid to even disagree with Tim on big issues in order to Deter an argument. However, usually I feel that I shouldn’t make a complete assumptions about a youtubers relationship because we don’t know what goes behind closed doors as viewers. I feel with lindy though she does share much of her relationship so it’s easy for us as viewers to connect the dots as to what is going on. 

Posted

I still don't get how she was a beauty guru.. her looks all looked similar to me..

edit: just catched up on her vlogs...seeing Tim spending so much of Lindys(!!!) money on shit for himself makes me mad.. idk how Lindy can stay calm like that. I would have made him send back 90%.

she came to Youtube at the right time, 2007.

Posted

So I put this on because I was curious what she has to say. I got super distracted by how bad her eyeliner looks (even in the thumbnail) instead...

To sum it up (I'm a bit annoyed, so take it with a grain of salt): Lindy's saying Bubzbeauty started as hobby ten years ago and turned into something much bigger ("relationship"). She keeps apologizing because she ignored her channel so much and didn't put her full heart into what she posted. The rest are basically excuses? That's what it feels to me. "Youtube has changed", "Youtubers lost their human sense for adsense", "I felt safe on my vlog channel". She also HAS to bring Ayla into the video of course (where's Tim??). Her priorities changed. She "just doesn't care as much anymore" (styling herself, makeup, etc). What worries me a bit is that she says she went out shopping with friends and they told her that she needs basically new everything, so I guess that means she's only living for her family now? Which imo is kinda sad.

Conclusion: Lindy wants to restart in 2018. More videos adjusted to how she is now. I'm not sure what that means, honestly. Her makeup is just so... bad and plain... I don't know how she wants to revive her beauty channel like that.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-06 um 19.45.20.png

Posted (edited)

I haven't watched the video yet, but I mentioned before lindy said she was planning on releasing a line of lipsticks and stuff this year.

If she is suddenly trying to revive her beauty channel I wonder if it's to try to sell her new makeup.

Edited by Serenity

Posted

She should honestly just abandon her beauty channel, there are now thousands of more talented 'beauty guru's' than her who like everyones said, was there right place right time. She should just try to be one of those family vloggers and sell stupid merch to do with that, I mean honestly she's already made bank and gotten a home and shit, maybe its time to make Tim finally work for his allowance 9_9

Posted

I haven't watched the video yet, but I mentioned before lindy said she was planning on releasing a line of lipsticks and stuff this year.

If she is suddenly trying to revive her beauty channel I wonder if it's to try to sell her new makeup.

Now that you mention it, it totally makes sense from a marketing view to pick up her beauty channel since she wants to bring out more beauty products. This is so, so sad and disappointing, I get she's a business woman who's also the breadwinner of the family, but man. I guess we can expect her to drop the channel again as soon as everything is published and promo time is over.

I don't get why she doesn't start producing baby/toddler products? Just turn the vlog channel into a full channel. People will still buy all kinds of products from her and childrens stuff is really much more fitting now than makeup. Lindy herself says that she's not really into makeup anymore and rather goes out without or with little makeup, so why would people still trust her when she now suddenly starts selling lipsticks? She can draw really well, why not make a picture book? That would be really cute and could sell for years past makeup trends.

Posted

I really don't like the way she does her eyeliner. It's not impossible to do a winged liner with her hooded eyes, they aren't that hooded. You basically have to draw the wing liner differently so it doesn't look wonky when you open your eyes.  Plenty of tutorials out there for that. 

Posted

I think she should focus on what she's best at with her Beauty Guru title: skincare. Products and regimens and her favorite UK and Asian gems. The consensus is inevitable when it comes to how good her skin is, even now at 30 with two kids and the confirmed stress of an MIA man-child. All those products over the last decade have really paid off. Id like to see more of that and it's definitely more her niche in this playing field.

Posted

So in Annabelle's newest video she also shows Lindy's book signing in New York. Starts at around 8:27. Isaac is such a kind child and such a people person now :alpacacrush:

Also unrelated to Bubz, but I'm really amused that Annabelle links every single piece of clothing she wore over this 23 minutes video in the description box and Kenna can't even be bothered to link a single one lol...

Posted

Recently bubz new video “the cutest roar” touched on the Logan paul incident I remember right after this happened bubz tweeted this but she changed her perspective in the recent video to he was doing it for views and not the whole “social media is EVILLLLL” agrument which gets pretty old.

I think people often miss the point of it’s not social media itself that is harmful it’s the fame that can be gained and the money that is now tied to it. Some people become blind due to social media offers the concept of “ANYONE,YES ANYONE EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO TALENT CAN BE RICH AND FAMOUS” so people do dumb and isolating things to achieve said money and fame whereas before you had to have some skill.

Also the “whole improved telecommunications but we couldn’t be more lonely” is also a very flawed arguement because majority of people I know use social media to talk to OTHERS. What Logan paul did was disgusting, racist and absolutely unforgivable and it was for all money and fame driven by greed and apathy to say it’s because of “improved telecommunications” is extremely far fetched. 

2AD35F50-8BCA-45BE-8B09-EB1464C9A322.jpeg

Posted

Recently bubz new video “the cutest roar” touched on the Logan paul incident I remember right after this happened bubz tweeted this but she changed her perspective in the recent video to he was doing it for views and not the whole “social media is EVILLLLL” agrument which gets pretty old.

I think people often miss the point of it’s not social media itself that is harmful it’s the fame that can be gained and the money that is now tied to it. Some people become blind due to social media offers the concept of “ANYONE,YES ANYONE EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO TALENT CAN BE RICH AND FAMOUS” so people do dumb and isolating things to achieve said money and fame whereas before you had to have some skill.

Also the “whole improved telecommunications but we couldn’t be more lonely” is also a very flawed arguement because majority of people I know use social media to talk to OTHERS. What Logan paul did was disgusting, racist and absolutely unforgivable and it was for all money and fame driven by greed and apathy to say it’s because of “improved telecommunications” is extremely far fetched. 

I definitely agree with a lot of your points, but I think Bubz's isn't referring to literal loneliness. She doesn't mean that people are literally lonely, but rather losing sight of what's right and being so disconnected from what's real (if u know what I mean; sorry it's hard to explain lol). Sure, she could've been more clear and crafted a better response. :/

Posted

You're not wrong. But, I'm pretty sure Bubz isn't generalizing social media as completely terrible. Again, she could have worded this better. Social media can be great, but it can also be a terrible thing, like all things in the world. It definitely is something that can cause people to disconnect from reality, have misconstrued judment, and fail to see what's really important.

Posted

Ever since she got married her content went downhill for me. Use to be a big fan of her KPOP makeup and quick hair tutorials. I supported her by purchasing some of the Bubbi Brushes but they had to be the absolute worst quality imaginable. The feral fell off the handle within a couple of uses. You can also hear the glue crunch during each use. Tried to contact her customer service but they never respond. I remember seeing other people at the time mentioned that they had a similar experience. Probably because at the time she was having her wedding... 

But still she was a pretty big Youtuber during that time. How can you put your name on something with such horrible quality.