Bubzbeauty / Lindy

701 posts in this topic

Posted

I stopped watching a while ago because I just changed as a person I guess. Also her make up tutorials are basically the same thing over and over again but with different colours (with some exceptions). She should work on variety but I still quite like her I'm just not interested anymore.

Posted

Oh man, I remember her from back in the day when she used to do videos with My Chonny. I never really found her to be that great, but back when I thought My Chonny was funny I put up with her.

Posted

Oh man, I remember her from back in the day when she used to do videos with My Chonny. I never really found her to be that great, but back when I thought My Chonny was funny I put up with her.

Me too! I found her in a vlog Shimmycocopuffs did with her and My Chonny but she didn't do much in it except run away from the camera/crazy guys. Years ago then never watched her again.....

Now I watch some of her vlogs because Isaac is so cute! But only when my friend sends me links. I think she has a nice personality so I wouldn't mind watching more of her. 

Posted

I liked her personality but then later on found her rly annoying...

her makeup tutorials weren't that great either, her technique was just kinda :alpacadone: (her eyebrows have been looking better so that's good at least!!)

bubz1.thumb.jpg.802f550e6a044a8f1c9d189b

bubz2.thumb.jpg.9bf84b68adf32df695d12361bubz3.thumb.jpg.88c81a71674bbe5b388c5663

Posted

I'm following Bubz ever since I saw the huge tummy on that tiny woman on my YT suggestions. I think she's really refreshing! Never really been that interested in her beauty channel, simply because her make-up tutorials don't fit for me with my caucasian face, but I like her skincare tips. While her humor is rather vulgar and she does have a lot of downs since Isaac, I think that's exactly what her subscribers love about her. She's not hiding it when she's not feeling well. I think that can be really encouraging for future and fresh moms, "A successful woman like Bubz has the same problems as me but she's still pulling through!". I love seeing Isaac, he's really, really cute, but I'm worried that he won't like being all over the internet once he's old enough to understand it.

Posted

I'm following Bubz ever since I saw the huge tummy on that tiny woman on my YT suggestions. I think she's really refreshing! Never really been that interested in her beauty channel, simply because her make-up tutorials don't fit for me with my caucasian face, but I like her skincare tips. While her humor is rather vulgar and she does have a lot of downs since Isaac, I think that's exactly what her subscribers love about her. She's not hiding it when she's not feeling well. I think that can be really encouraging for future and fresh moms, "A successful woman like Bubz has the same problems as me but she's still pulling through!". I love seeing Isaac, he's really, really cute, but I'm worried that he won't like being all over the internet once he's old enough to understand it.

I wanted to say atleast she doesn't show emberassing moments of him...but I think they already showed how he pooped in the bathtub? I think that is as emberassing as it gets... so hopefully he will laugh at this when he's old enough to understand and also see all the wonderful moments with his family. I don't have a that well documented youth, so it's actually something really nice. (Eventho I wouldn't want to switch since I hate seeing myself as a child lol)

Posted

I wanted to say atleast she doesn't show emberassing moments of him...but I think they already showed how he pooped in the bathtub? I think that is as emberassing as it gets... so hopefully he will laugh at this when he's old enough to understand and also see all the wonderful moments with his family. I don't have a that well documented youth, so it's actually something really nice. (Eventho I wouldn't want to switch since I hate seeing myself as a child lol)

That and she also forgot to censor him in the bathtub once and quickly reuploaded that video. Then again I don't think it's thaaat bad (not gonna go in the direction of weird people watching such things for whatever...). But everyone reacts differently and they definitely should stop showing him much when he enters kindergarten latest. There are sick people out there and knowing his face too well and where he grows up is seriously not good when so many people know you.

Posted

wasnt it the time where she made tutorials like "break-up make-up look" and posted nonstop some typical girly fb messages as if she and tim got some troubles and when ppl asked she was quite rude,saying its none of their business etc ? i can be wrong. ppl were thinking that tim maybe cheated on her like she cheated on him in the past. 

here is the whole story if you didnt know about it: http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=12582

anyway

i used to really like her. she was funny, her videos were so nice and i really liked her and her little family.

then it changed and i became quite annoyed by her and her attitude.

first of all im so disgusted by her "humor". i dont wanna see her husband taking a dump in her vlogs and discussing about the smell of his and her farts. its not that this happens once, it appears in every 2.-3. vlog of her. it makes me also mad how she and tim didnt train their dogs properly. they pee and poop in their appartment (she filmed it a few times too), jumping on everything (sofa, tables where they just eat etc) and sleeping on their pillows in their bed. bubz said she wanted to train her dogs to at least stay away from the bed but it lasted just a few days.

then her shirts which she claimed to designed all by herself. her sister took a big part in designing them:

and what totally changed my mind about her was the fact how she treated/treats her son. she said she wanted a girl and not a boy and i feel sorry if isaac will watch his mothers videos and see that his mother was quite disappointed about him. bubs also said that they didnt plan to get a child so soon after their wedding. they stopped using protection and thought when bubz gets pregnant then its great. but it happened too soon according to her. she also complains nonstop about how hard her life is now and its all because of isaac and how she is missing the time before he was born. in hk she had a nanny, her granny and tim to help her with everything. she was never alone with isaac. what should single moms say? i doubt they can offer a nanny or have all the time someone from the family around to help. i just feel so sorry for isaac.

and really, she was one (if not THE one) of my favourite youtubers but it all went downwards. her vlogs were so entertaining but they became sometimes so gross and boring. im glad she and her little family moved back to northern ireland though and i will probably give her another chance in a few weeks/months

I don't know if reading another thread from another site affected my opinion of her but what you said about isaac is how I feel. just wish she would treat him better, you know... still watch her tho

Posted (edited)

I've been watching Bubz since I was...17? So that's 7 years ago now! I really enjoy watching her vlogs, they cheer me up and I even watched them when I broke up with my ex to distract me and cheer me up. I've enjoyed watching her and watching her grow; regardless of who she designed those tops for, all of the money went to building 2 schools in Laos? So tbh I'm not really fussed that her sister helped her design it, especially since April posted it on her IG so it's not like she secretly designed it and Bubz took ALL the credit? I like watching her vlogs when she travels especially and even though she is busy as a full-time mum, I like that she still squeezes in opportunities like meet-and-greets. There are only a few things that irk me but I can overlook them because hey not everyone is a perfect human right?

• Vulgarity - I'll admit that whilst I find her honest and somewhat vulgar humour funny, when she takes it too far and starts talking and filming Tim taking a shit and such, I really do not want to see that and it is not that funny. Like I get that she vlogs for everyone to see her life, but we really don't need to see everything.

• Baby channel - It does feel somewhat that her videos have been overtaken by Isaac and not because she is a mega proud mummy who wants to film everything he does; sometimes it feels like she is well...exploiting him? I know that sounds bad but all she does is film him, and a lot of the time it's either for the comedic or cute effect. I expect she lost a lot of her followers when she became a mum but that's to be expected if a lot of your followers are young and not interested in children. This wouldn't irk me so much if at some point in his early days she hadn't made a little speech in one of her vlogs saying she was going to slow down filming Isaac and not constantly show him because she didn't want to seem like she was exploiting him or putting his face out there when he's too young to understand, and well yeah as we can see that didn't stop. I get that she is a full-time mum and a lot of her time is spent with him, so besides the dog who else is there to film? Especially since Tim has been away A LOT lately.

• Beauty - I'll agree that her beauty channel has drastically slowed but again, she has been looking after Isaac with Tim being away so hasn't a lot of time for it anymore which is a shame since it is where she became famous; it would be nice if she was a bit more creative with her content because a lot of it does seem very samey. Usually it is the same eye shadows but a different lipstick, she used to be a bit more creative or be inspired by celebrity make-up/national holidays etc.

• Untrained dogs - Whoever said that just because a dog is on the sofas, bed, dining table etc. doesn't mean they aren't trained just because you don't like it is correct, it is all in ones preference. However whoever said about Bubz wanting to train the dogs to stay off the bed (or out of the room at one point if I remember correctly) is also correct because they stuck to it for a couple of days. Domo seems to always have accidents or 'poo explosions' as Bubz calls them, and even in their new house they have a training pad when they now have a garden. I'm a right germaphobe when it comes to animals, especially in the house, but what bothers me more is that she has not trained Chubbi to stop bloody barking. I totally understand that she might be barking because she is bothered (usually loud noises set her off) but she has been around Bubz shouting and now Isaac going nuts to be used to it. The fact is that dogs think as a pack, and Bubz clearly has installed early that she is the boss; so many times Chubbi jumps to a high point and barks her head off sounding authorative, and in one of Bubz's most recent vlogs (Flying Hug I think) Chubbi is barking and actually lunges at Isaac when he passes her. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that she would go for him but I think this is something Bubz should've knocked out of her ages ago.

• Wanting a boy and complaining - There was a point where Bubz was complaining a lot, feeling down and such in her videos, I'm not sure what the reason was but it was there. As for wanting a boy, I do remember her making a comment about wishing she had a girl, I think it was after Isaac was born, but she didn't imply that she disliked Isaac just because he was a boy. I think most new parents have preferences for their first child, I personally would love to have a girl but that doesn't mean that if I had a boy I wouldn't love him all the same. She did make a comment on ItsJudyTime's video about how lovely it must be to have that mother-daughter bond and that she wished she had it (after Isaac was born) which some people though was insensitive of her considering Judy and her husband were hoping for a boy but they've ended up with all girls; I don't think she was being a bitch about it or anything, just maybe a bit thoughtless.

I do wonder why Isaac is sick ALL THE TIME or maybe Bubz just takes him to the doctor for every little thing? Overall (despite the above) I find that she is a pleasant, down-to-earth person and I do enjoy her videos. I do feel sorry for her though, I used to enjoy it when she went out with her cousins and friends (I love it when they got stuck in some garden place 'CAUGHT BETWEEN THE LEGS FML') a lot but she hardly seems to do that now even with Isaac. I know she's got a lot going on but it seems that Tim is ALWAYS going to stag dos or guys weekend away or whatever and she doesn't seem to get out that often with her girly friends. I do love her though, sorry for the long post!

Edited by TheObserver

Posted

I've been watching Bubz since I was...17? So that's 7 years ago now! I really enjoy watching her vlogs, they cheer me up and I even watched them when I broke up with my ex to distract me and cheer me up. I've enjoyed watching her and watching her grow; regardless of who she designed those tops for, all of the money went to building 2 schools in Laos? So tbh I'm not really fussed that her sister helped her design it, especially since April posted it on her IG so it's not like she secretly designed it and Bubz took ALL the credit? I like watching her vlogs when she travels especially and even though she is busy as a full-time mum, I like that she still squeezes in opportunities like meet-and-greets. There are only a few things that irk me but I can overlook them because hey not everyone is a perfect human right?

• Vulgarity - I'll admit that whilst I find her honest and somewhat vulgar humour funny, when she takes it too far and starts talking and filming Tim taking a shit and such, I really do not want to see that and it is not that funny. Like I get that she vlogs for everyone to see her life, but we really don't need to see everything.

• Baby channel - It does feel somewhat that her videos have been overtaken by Isaac and not because she is a mega proud mummy who wants to film everything he does; sometimes it feels like she is well...exploiting him? I know that sounds bad but all she does is film him, and a lot of the time it's either for the comedic or cute effect. I expect she lost a lot of her followers when she became a mum but that's to be expected if a lot of your followers are young and not interested in children. This wouldn't irk me so much if at some point in his early days she hadn't made a little speech in one of her vlogs saying she was going to slow down filming Isaac and not constantly show him because she didn't want to seem like she was exploiting him or putting his face out there when he's too young to understand, and well yeah as we can see that didn't stop. I get that she is a full-time mum and a lot of her time is spent with him, so besides the dog who else is there to film? Especially since Tim has been away A LOT lately.

• Beauty - I'll agree that her beauty channel has drastically slowed but again, she has been looking after Isaac with Tim being away so hasn't a lot of time for it anymore which is a shame since it is where she became famous; it would be nice if she was a bit more creative with her content because a lot of it does seem very samey. Usually it is the same eye shadows but a different lipstick, she used to be a bit more creative or be inspired by celebrity make-up/national holidays etc.

• Untrained dogs - Whoever said that just because a dog is on the sofas, bed, dining table etc. doesn't mean they aren't trained just because you don't like it is correct, it is all in ones preference. However whoever said about Bubz wanting to train the dogs to stay off the bed (or out of the room at one point if I remember correctly) is also correct because they stuck to it for a couple of days. Domo seems to always have accidents or 'poo explosions' as Bubz calls them, and even in their new house they have a training pad when they now have a garden. I'm a right germaphobe when it comes to animals, especially in the house, but what bothers me more is that she has not trained Chubbi to stop bloody barking. I totally understand that she might be barking because she is bothered (usually loud noises set her off) but she has been around Bubz shouting and now Isaac going nuts to be used to it. The fact is that dogs think as a pack, and Bubz clearly has installed early that she is the boss; so many times Chubbi jumps to a high point and barks her head off sounding authorative, and in one of Bubz's most recent vlogs (Flying Hug I think) Chubbi is barking and actually lunges at Isaac when he passes her. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that she would go for him but I think this is something Bubz should've knocked out of her ages ago.

• Wanting a boy and complaining - There was a point where Bubz was complaining a lot, feeling down and such in her videos, I'm not sure what the reason was but it was there. As for wanting a boy, I do remember her making a comment about wishing she had a girl, I think it was after Isaac was born, but she didn't imply that she disliked Isaac just because he was a boy. I think most new parents have preferences for their first child, I personally would love to have a girl but that doesn't mean that if I had a boy I wouldn't love him all the same. She did make a comment on ItsJudyTime's video about how lovely it must be to have that mother-daughter bond and that she wished she had it (after Isaac was born) which some people though was insensitive of her considering Judy and her husband were hoping for a boy but they've ended up with all girls; I don't think she was being a bitch about it or anything, just maybe a bit thoughtless.

I do wonder why Isaac is sick ALL THE TIME or maybe Bubz just takes him to the doctor for every little thing? Overall (despite the above) I find that she is a pleasant, down-to-earth person and I do enjoy her videos. I do feel sorry for her though, I used to enjoy it when she went out with her cousins and friends (I love it when they got stuck in some garden place 'CAUGHT BETWEEN THE LEGS FML') a lot but she hardly seems to do that now even with Isaac. I know she's got a lot going on but it seems that Tim is ALWAYS going to stag dos or guys weekend away or whatever and she doesn't seem to get out that often with her girly friends. I do love her though, sorry for the long post!

I don't know why she abandoned her beauty channel THAT much... I know she said she likes doing vlogs more atm and that's alright I love them. But I saw many other youtuber get pregnant like Beautifymeeh (If someone knows her, she's also really sweet and damn pretty... she looks alot like jessica from snsd but I get offtopic lol) and she somehow managed to keep it going really well. Even after her second pregnance. But afterall everyone is different and I respect Bubz decision.

Secondly, I have to agree with Chubbys barking... it's really annoying and not well trained. I heard that Poms can be really loud and dickheadish dogs. But still.. Idk.. I believe you can train that behaviour away. I also have a not sooo well trained dog, so I won't complain too much rn lol. First dogs are always not so easy, you can make many mistakes... my dog is too old now for training, he also got more calm because of that. But Chubby is only 5.. so there's still hope. But I doub that they would try to train her again, since Isaac takes too much time.

Posted

The problem with the dogs is that they never trained them to be around Isaac. Domo is really peaceful about that, but Chubby seems to get upset too easily. I think she might be jealous as well ever since Isaac is around, I mean I don't know how they're behaving around her without the camera but the dogs in general need more attention and not just sit next to everyone playing with Isaac and going out for a walk. The video with the hugging and shouting actually made me really angry because dogs have such sensitive ears and screaming really isn't necessary. I'm just worried that she's gonna pinch either Isaac or maybe even Bubz someday if she's too worked up, especially if Isaac naturally will throw even more fits. She obviously tries to lecture him and show him to turn it down, but since he doesn't understand yet and Bubz doesn't do anything, Chubby might get physical on that (as when she tried to touch him in the hugging video) and the fault is always blamed on the dog then :alpacadone:

Posted

I do wonder why Isaac is sick ALL THE TIME or maybe Bubz just takes him to the doctor for every little thing? 

It might be because they moved? I know my friends when we came to Korea for a year were sick constantly the first few weeks to months. In addition Isaac obviously doesn't have a full developed immune system yet.

Posted

I remember Bubz saying in a Vlog the reason why Issac is always sick is because when he goes to daycare every week he always leaves with some sort of illness he caught from another kid (she said she is considering taking him out of daycare because of that). 

Posted

Getting sick constantly is totally normal for children in their first time at a daycare. Especially for Isaac because he's been so isolated all the time and never really got into contact with other children. Plus they started sending him to daycare in the middle of winter, so it's normal that everyone's sick in general. It's actually healthy when he has colds now and then, his immune system will start working properly now.