• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Bubzbeauty / Lindy

3094 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Oh wow now that’s interesting..

I remember lindy mentioning in a vlog not too long ago that she was gonna take a backseat career wise (as if she didn’t do so already) so that Tim could work on his dreams/goals. Since I don’t see Tim being particularly good or passionate about anything, I wonder if he was trying to be some sort of real estate tycoon or something? I also remember her mentioning something about being “betrayed”. Maybe someone they knew roped them into this scam? Either way that sucks but... karma is a bitch. Lindy and the kids seem fine financially so hopefully this doesn’t affect them, if only for the benefit of the kids

Edited by rurihari

Posted

Oh wow now that’s interesting..

I remember lindy mentioning in a vlog not too long ago that she was gonna take a backseat career wise (as if she didn’t do so already) so that Tim could work on his dreams/goals. Since I don’t see Tim being particularly good or passionate about anything, I wonder if he was trying to be some like real estate tycoon or something? I also remember her mentioning something about being “betrayed”. Maybe someone they knew roped them into this scam? Either way that sucks but... karma is a bitch. Lindy and the kids seem fine financially so hopefully this doesn’t affect them, if only for the benefit of the kids

I am also really hoping that this isn’t a financial crisis. I do feel for Lindy and I do feel like she is a good person deep down (with faults like most of us). And if Tim did put his family in a financial rut due to his ruthless use of the budget, that would be really devastating. Considering also that they have two kids!!

Posted

we know he's a cheater (alleged, i don't want to be sued) but is there a reason why his pf has to be isaac's while he flirts and deals with his money... wtf

Posted

we know he's a cheater (alleged, i don't want to be sued) but is there a reason why his pf has to be isaac's while he flirts and deals with his money... wtf

especially since he obviously prefers Ayla and is very strict with Isaac. Makes no sense...

Posted

055918E1-3787-4441-9E1B-99BAE732C0C4.thu431E122B-D555-43F9-A6B6-7E71459B5891.thuDF2FFEC6-293F-4558-9446-DF0FB3E46C6E.thuInteresting information popped up on FB. Apparently Tim has been investing in a hotel business that doesn’t exist (a scam) and is suing the company for taking his money. The company doesn’t exist and is called “Signature Living”. I wonder if this does mean Tim has been travelling overseas more to oversee his investments or has been involved in a lawsuit. Or perhaps he has invested a large sum of the family budget into this hotel business. Thoughts?

——————

48557643-B8C2-4B22-8294-1A5AB5BF85C6.thu
—-DF08DADD-AD7F-4276-9702-D23CA256D54F.thu

——FD7EF8BA-6855-4FE8-A480-481603705D85.thu—————————————-
Also after seeing his FB page, I saw among his recent friends an interesting person . Lots of flirty messages. He has been hearting many of her recent FB profile pictures while most people just like them. I blurred out her name for privacy purposes, but what do you think?

Wow... ButtonEyes.. are you a private detective in real life?? Awesome research.

Posted

It seems to be a pretty old picture of Isaac, back when Ayla wasn't born. I wonder if he's too lazy to change it. He seems like one of those dudes who couldn't give less of a frick about their online profile pictures. And since he isn't good looking or anything he certainly wouldn't take a picture of himself I'm sure. 

Posted

055918E1-3787-4441-9E1B-99BAE732C0C4.thu431E122B-D555-43F9-A6B6-7E71459B5891.thuDF2FFEC6-293F-4558-9446-DF0FB3E46C6E.thuInteresting information popped up on FB. Apparently Tim has been investing in a hotel business that doesn’t exist (a scam) and is suing the company for taking his money. The company doesn’t exist and is called “Signature Living”. I wonder if this does mean Tim has been travelling overseas more to oversee his investments or has been involved in a lawsuit. Or perhaps he has invested a large sum of the family budget into this hotel business. Thoughts?

——————

48557643-B8C2-4B22-8294-1A5AB5BF85C6.thu
—-DF08DADD-AD7F-4276-9702-D23CA256D54F.thu

——FD7EF8BA-6855-4FE8-A480-481603705D85.thu—————————————-
Also after seeing his FB page, I saw among his recent friends an interesting person . Lots of flirty messages. He has been hearting many of her recent FB profile pictures while most people just like them. I blurred out her name for privacy purposes, but what do you think?

I live in Northern Ireland and this hotel was meant to open a few years ago but the opening date keeps getting pushed back further and further. They took a ton of deposits for weddings in 2018, and a lot of couples were left disappointed as they announced the hotel wouldn’t open at the last minute and left them without a venue! The owner keeps insisting his plans keep getting blocked and it’s the city who are stopping him, but the whole thing is seriously dodgy. 

I hope it’s not Lindy’s YouTube money that’s been invested... I’m really worried about Tim trying to financially benefit from their divorce :alpacaworry:

Posted

So Tim deleted his FB profile, hello Tim! Glad to know he is reading our forum :-) 

Posted

So Tim deleted his FB profile, hello Tim! Glad to know he is reading our forum :-) 

You've got some great detective skills, @ButtonEyes!

I did a casual google search. Not sure if this is much in the way of a contribution but anyhow I was curious how much money these hotel investments involve... 

I’m SO glad Lindy didn’t get pregnant by Tim again with a third child. 

357B6AF3-01D5-46CA-BFB4-1F50118311B2.jpeg

Posted

Even if he was investing in that hotel business, I read that it was supposed to be in the UK, not Hong Kong. It does not explain why he goes there so frequently. :(

Posted

Could that be another reason for the divorce? Tim is going broke from this investment and Lindy is divorcing him now so she isnt stuck with the debt/broke as well?

Since Tim is narcissistic I highly doubt Lindy's name was on any of the investments. I remember in old vlogs that even though Lindy made all the money, Tim would put everything under his name and his name only.

Posted

This has been brought up before but I can't help but feel invested in her business because of her kids. I stopped watching her long ago but have kept up with things in other ways. I also feel bad about this because they're so young and have no say or awareness about their lives being broadcasted to randoms around the world, and so this on top of their (probable) narcissistic parents is going to be a lot when they're older. 

Ever since Lindy was pregnant with Ayla, it was obvious there'd be a golden child/scapegoat situation. Especially if we consider her own upbringing/sibling dynamics and culture differences. Lindy's pretty covert and is the more competent parent between the two, but I think her knowing viewers and Bubz herself held onto the hope Tim would shape up in time. It's sad it came to this but I guess kudos to her for actually going through with a separation (really thought she'd stay for saving face and attachment)? A lot of this stems from Lindy being a big idealist and stubbornness, and Tim's complete apathy and selfish nature. Essentially, they both were probably thinking of themselves and the 'now' more than the reality of having kids, even if it seemed like the obvious next step.

I hope I'm wrong and that she will step up and that they'll turn out alright. Isaac seems like a genuinely sweet, caring kid - it'd be such a shame to see that fade out. Obviously there's no way to know the ins and outs of the situation, so hopefully things are better behind the scenes.

Posted

I live in Northern Ireland and this hotel was meant to open a few years ago but the opening date keeps getting pushed back further and further. They took a ton of deposits for weddings in 2018, and a lot of couples were left disappointed as they announced the hotel wouldn’t open at the last minute and left them without a venue! The owner keeps insisting his plans keep getting blocked and it’s the city who are stopping him, but the whole thing is seriously dodgy. 

I hope it’s not Lindy’s YouTube money that’s been invested... I’m really worried about Tim trying to financially benefit from their divorce :alpacaworry:

That does sound SUPER dodgy! I wonder why Tim decided to start investing, it kind of seems like a side job for most people rather than a main source of income ? It usually is high risk (especially if you aren’t sure about which companies to invest in), and not very stable. I think you could lose lots of money if you aren’t careful. The only reason I’d see people doing it otherwise is out of a ‘get rich quick’ mentality. 
I thought Tim’s job involved something with computers ? I remember him always being on one back in HK. I thought he might have been a programmer? I wonder why he didn’t take up something more stable?

Posted

I think in the past Lindy mentioned that Tim went to school for IT and had a job in that field but that was very long ago. I think for most of their relationship he helped her run the logistics of her YouTube business and when she had the brushes he managed that. More recently it seemed like he was investing in properties and renting them out. Maybe he thought the hotel could be another investment project? I don’t think that this is enough for Lindy to want to file for divorce. Her posts seemed to hint more at parenting and distance in the relationship not so much about finances although that can bring stress on a marriage 

Posted (edited)

I think in the past Lindy mentioned that Tim went to school for IT and had a job in that field but that was very long ago. I think for most of their relationship he helped her run the logistics of her YouTube business and when she had the brushes he managed that. More recently it seemed like he was investing in properties and renting them out. Maybe he thought the hotel could be another investment project? I don’t think that this is enough for Lindy to want to file for divorce. Her posts seemed to hint more at parenting and distance in the relationship not so much about finances although that can bring stress on a marriage 

Tim has a degree in Systems Engineering but he never had his own job. He wrote on Lindy’s blog that he also found it difficult to find a job in a bad economy after graduation. Tim did come up with the idea of selling makeup brushes. He had an aunt who knew a makeup brush manufacturer in Hong Kong. According to her book, Lindy never wanted to leave home but Tim pushed her to relocate to Hong Kong.

So they used their savings (prob from working in their family’s restaurants and selling t shirts to youtube fans - in her book, Lindy said they made around $50k in profit from tank tops ) and went to Hong Kong to see if they could capitalize on Lindy’s youtube popularity. The makeup brushes were a success. Tim helped build her website, sell other brand merchandise (they sold bracelets at one point) and managed her money.

Essentially, Tim’s money was always tied to Lindy’s Bubzbeauty brand. Lindy has always been vague about what Tim does when people ask her about what he does for a living. She filmed a vlog 2-3 years ago where she said Tim was her manager. But Lindy didn’t sound like she knew exactly what work he did day-to-day and probably still doesn’t.

https://youtu.be/y8Zutacg4JI

A5563283-53CD-4882-AE8F-98C691707BEF.png

31D2A622-F727-4C76-98CC-09B63B1CE23F.jpeg

Edited by Twiceasnice
Attached video link and screenshot of an IG story from spring 2019