Mariah Mallad aka Momokun Cosplay

354 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Meet Mariah Mallad aka Momokun! She's a cosplayer from Las Vegas who has caused quite a stir lately. She says that she's not into cosplay for popularity or money yet many things she says/does directly contradict that statement.

https://www.facebook.com/MomokunCosplay

https://twitter.com/mariahmallad

https://www.patreon.com/Momokun?ty=h

https://www.instagram.com/mariahmallad/

1455596099677.jpg

1455596061006.jpg

Originally not-so-popular, she was mysteriously posted on /cgl/ one day without any context.

thread 1: https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S8825045

thread 2: https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/8825940

thread 3: https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/8835908

(warning: these threads do have NSFW photos!)

Mariah was quick to show up to defend herself after supposedly being alerted by fans that she was posted on cgl, posting her Patreon link multiple times and discussing the perks of donating to her while doing so. 

Screen_Shot_2016-04-22_at_12.14.24_AM.thScreen_Shot_2016-04-22_at_12.14.39_AM.th

(the polls mentioned here are for which character she'll be doing for Feb's lingerie shoot)

In the first thread, she also says that her super religious family disapproves of her lingerie/boudoir shoots.

After a couple weeks of silence, she gets posted on lolcow by an unknown poster. At first, she was suspected of self-posting but the possibility of it being posted by another cosplayer arose and Mariah was mostly free of suspicion!  However, she did show up in the lolcow thread defending herself (again) and brought her white knight army with her this time. Some great quotes from the thread/screencaps posted in the thread include:

"If you don't like me because I am very popular for my cosplays then that's sad and pathetic on your part."

"That cheap spandex suit has gotten me more attention then you'll ever get, featured on IGN, and Arda Wigs, and got me connections with funimation…. "

Screen_Shot_2016-04-22_at_12.28.51_AM.th

1458338008876.jpeg

1458577963753.jpg

1458977595731.jpeg

1459281643154.png

She also mentions that despite her family's disapproval, she will continue doing boudoir/lingerie sets because "sex sells".

In her old Deviantart journal, she says so herself that she's trying to become cosplay famous yet denies that currently.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-22_at_12.39.45_AM.th

Screen_Shot_2016-04-22_at_12.39.52_AM.th

Edited by AnzuTakamaki

Posted (edited)

i don't know if she's that famous because.. i never heard of her until now.. i mean if she insist haters are jealous of how popular she is, i don't think she's that big.. looking at her photos, i personally think her physique doesn't fit certain characters (like Mikasa)

i looked at her patreon and i don't really see what is exactly worth the money to be donating to her..? it seems she doesn't specify what reward patrons get if they donate $50 or $100 (like it better be worth my money)

do you have a screencap of her denying to be cosplay famous? just from what i can see, it seems like she has "better than you" complex sorta thing? i don't really take her word on connections with funimation (unless she can prove that of course) but being featured on IGN and Arda Wigs is nothing special tbh

edit: OKAY i changed my mind this girl crazy and fame hungry.. especially using her religion only when it's convienient..  >_______>

Edited by tanuki
heard she has 9 threads on lolcow so i checked them out lmao

Posted

Never heard of her before, she seems pretty cool from first glance but I went through her instagram and she said she had "breast reduction surgery at 14"?????????????? 14??????????? Is that even allowed? I thought you had to be 18 to go under any sort of surgery like that. I think she's cute and her physical aspects would look really good in cosplays such as Super Sonico and more curvy/sexy characters rather than Sakura and that (though ofc she can cosplay whoever she wants). If her body positivity posts are genuine that'd be nice, too

Posted (edited)

Never heard of her before, she seems pretty cool from first glance but I went through her instagram and she said she had "breast reduction surgery at 14"?????????????? 14??????????? Is that even allowed? I thought you had to be 18 to go under any sort of surgery like that. I think she's cute and her physical aspects would look really good in cosplays such as Super Sonico and more curvy/sexy characters rather than Sakura and that (though ofc she can cosplay whoever she wants). If her body positivity posts are genuine that'd be nice, too

if her breasts got so huge they were physically hurting her and impairing her overall quality of life then its possible because its not a cosmetic type of surgery.

edit: i dont find her face appealing and she seems a bit suspicious with all the donation link postings

Edited by BibisBootyPalace

Posted

if her breasts got so huge they were physically hurting her and impairing her overall quality of life then its possible because its not a cosmetic type of surgery.

Ah,thanks! never knew :o

Posted

Her samus cosplay is not even good, her wig is just all wrong.

Posted

What is with las vegas and snowflakes?? o_o

Posted

Opening my heart here: damn, so jealous of her body! She seems thick but healthy/in shape? I'm smaller than her and I feel like a tub of disgusting lard ;;;; I wish I could have curves as pretty as hers ( she seems like a nice bottom heavy, at least from the ones I saw on fb).

That little snippet aside, her cosplays look a bit meh, like the quality of them and her makeup and sutff. They aren't bad, but neither necessarily good aka nothing worthwhile... except maybe her Diane one, that turned out really cute for her! :alpacawink:

Also, the cgl threads looked a lot like advertisement, maybe self-post or close friend posting for her?

Posted

she has a huge "I'm better than you lulz haterz" complex. its pretty fucking annoying. almost all her posts on fb are about her being better than the haters. also she doesn't make most of her costumes and when she does they suck!

1460424886140.jpeg

Posted

Ech, that ratty wig.

She reminds me of Jessica Nigri...but cockier and more self righteous.

Posted

she has a huge "I'm better than you lulz haterz" complex. its pretty fucking annoying. almost all her posts on fb are about her being better than the haters. also she doesn't make most of her costumes and when she does they suck!

Hidden Content

the wig is junk, the costume looks like she glued on the back pieces too Its slightly big in part and doesn't form fit her like the character is supposed to be. I'm assuming this is an attempt at Samus?

Posted

is it true that she uses a corset under her samus cosplay? because that could explain her looking curvier because people of bigger sizes are usually bigger proportionally all throughout their bodies, i could be wrong though:lamaheadshake:

I haven't read much because i haven't been on lolcow in ages but i knew that she was a trending topic there for a while, the thread is pretty bad tho.. 

i personally think that she's not going to reach nigri level since she can't really seem to craft or make elaborate costumes? there is such thing as 'flavor of the week'. i feel like if she doesn't keep making drama or keeps having a bad attitude her small fame will only be temporary and everyone will move on to the next cute thick chick. (because hey, everyone loves those, but most people like them even more if they are nice people).

Posted (edited)

is it true that she uses a corset under her samus cosplay? because that could explain her looking curvier because people of bigger sizes are usually bigger proportionally all throughout their bodies, i could be wrong though:lamaheadshake:

I'm pretty sure she does use a corset, on a few of her Samus photos, I thought I saw a zipper line under her suit. Either that or she shoops:lamaheadshake:

Edited by SentientPizza

Posted

i looked at her patreon and i don't really see what is exactly worth the money to be donating to her..? it seems she doesn't specify what reward patrons get if they donate $50 or $100 (like it better be worth my money)

do you have a screencap of her denying to be cosplay famous? just from what i can see, it seems like she has "better than you" complex sorta thing? i don't really take her word on connections with funimation (unless she can prove that of course) but being featured on IGN and Arda Wigs is nothing special tbh

You can apply to be featured on IGN and Arda so it's not like IGN and Arda scouted her out and was like "OMG PLEASE LET US FEATURE YOU!!!"

I'll try to get caps of her denying she wants to be cosfamous but they're quite old (from around when she was posted on cgl in Jan), so it might take me a couple days to post them. Most people donate just to see her lingerie photos.

I haven't read much because i haven't been on lolcow in ages but i knew that she was a trending topic there for a while, the thread is pretty bad tho.. 

i personally think that she's not going to reach nigri level since she can't really seem to craft or make elaborate costumes? there is such thing as 'flavor of the week'. i feel like if she doesn't keep making drama or keeps having a bad attitude her small fame will only be temporary and everyone will move on to the next cute thick chick. (because hey, everyone loves those, but most people like them even more if they are nice people).

She uses a waist cincher, I think. It would explain the lumpiness on her Samus and Spider Gwen cosplays.

She could get someone to make all of her costumes for her like how Nigri does but I agree about the attitude thing. Sure, Nigri has those times when she causes drama or says something off color, but it's not like she's constantly spouting negativity and instigating drama on a daily basis. 

Posted (edited)

I read a thread about this chick on lolcow not too long ago, she's just another Jessica Nigri wannabe and there's nothing interesting about her. :alpacaworry2:

Edited by Yukari Takeba