• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jvloggers general discussion thread

2188 posts in this topic

Posted

Ive never heard of this person. Does she do any videos with any well-known vloggers? Esp. the POC ones?

nah she got famous for her "black girl gets hair done in china" videos! she said in one of her ig lives that she's content with being alone and doesnt have many friends so i dont think she'll be doing any collabs anytime soon unless its just family or smthn 

Posted (edited)

If I were Hikosaemon, I'll do a disstrack! 😂

Edited by harukalove

Posted

Looks like TkyoSam is in the news again?
If you all follow Victor, he made a long video about Sam filming a conveyor belt sushi restaurant...from the sushi conveyorbelt. It made Japanese news and I think Sam deleted the video.

Here's the News link in Japanese, if you all understand Japanese: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180309-00000009-jct-soci
Here's victor's video. It's long, very long, but it hits on some good points and brings to attention about being a vlogger in japan:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDLdMvOVOAY

Thoughts?

Posted

That was TkyoSam? I remember seeing that video in my suggested bar and thinking what a creepy thing to do, even if they blurred out faces. My Japanese is so-so, but my understanding of the article is that the sushi shop's owners are asking for a public apology, but not looking at legal action.

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

I was wondering if anyone was gonna say anything about this! When i found her channel(after the chinese hair salon thing like everyone else) i thought her videos and herself were cool but she really b rubbing me the wrong way with her super apparent yellow fever. Also about her only replying "God" when people ask how she is able to travel is so damn annoying like girl wejust wanna know...i was able to catch one of her IG Lives and had to PUSH it out of her to say she had some sort of internship or something(which is how she's staying in japan,,idk if this is the only thing she said i cnt remember sorry yall) and i think she said her parents help fund her too

all that sounds like bullshit to me. An internship allows you to travel from China, Japan, back to America for a few weeks, Russia then Thailand meanwhile in every other social media post you're talking about xyz Asian men liking Black girls and posting multiple pictures in scandily clad clothing.

All that screams is sponsor. I know people talked about it on here with Megan and I understand being skeptical with her case but this is hella blatant.

Internship doing what? With what company? with what stipend? And the whole getting annoyed thing when people inquire. Like wow sis that sounds like a cool ass opportunity. I'm sure some of your followers would like an internship like that... oh wait it don't exist. Your vague ass found someone to fund those escapades

Edited by Janae

Posted

all that sounds like bullshit to me. An internship allows you to travel from China, Japan, back to America for a few weeks, Russia then Thailand meanwhile in every other social media post you're talking about xyz Asian men liking Black girls and posting multiple pictures in scandily clad clothing.

All that screams is sponsor. I know people talked about it on here with Megan and I understand being skeptical with her case but this is hella blatant.

Internship doing what? With what company? with what stipend? And the whole getting annoyed thing when people inquire. Like wow sis that sounds like a cool ass opportunity. I'm sure some of your followers would like an internship like that... oh wait it don't exist. Your vague ass found someone to fund those escapades

Supposedly in one of her insta stories she said after flying to bangkok and a few other countries she'll go to school in Japan starting in April (typical start time for most Japanese schools) so unless her internship is paying for her schooling I feel like she's on a working holiday visa that is more about travel than work and it allows you to go to school as well (language school i think).

Posted

Supposedly in one of her insta stories she said after flying to bangkok and a few other countries she'll go to school in Japan starting in April (typical start time for most Japanese schools) so unless her internship is paying for her schooling I feel like she's on a working holiday visa that is more about travel than work and it allows you to go to school as well (language school i think).

Is she American? Because if she is, it's not working holiday. the USA and Japan do not have that sort of partnership.

Posted

all we can really do is assume about the ways she makes her money but i have a feeling her parents still funds for most of her things ....

•can we talk about how she avoids questions about her contacts lmao 

i really dont get why its so hard to admit that theyre fake 

•also this L O L (i forgot i took a screenshot of this but she posted this like a week ago and shortly deleted it)

A4BE5CE7-FCCF-4718-83F5-A493B378464F.png

Posted

all we can really do is assume about the ways she makes her money but i have a feeling her parents still funds for most of her things ....

•also this L O L (i forgot i took a screenshot of this but she posted this like a week ago and shortly deleted it)

She wants to come off a "exotic" or something

Yeah she has yellow fever she better go get that checked

Posted

Who IS that? He clearly looks quite uncomfortable...there's pretty stringent rules about photographing people like this in Japan...

Posted

Who IS that? He clearly looks quite uncomfortable...there's pretty stringent rules about photographing people like this in Japan...

i think this was taken in thailand, but still its not cool to take pics of someone without their consent anywhere

Posted

Idk if you guys notice, but HannahinJapana did an update on her divorce/living situation. Seems like she's doing more than okay!:meowplz:

Posted (edited)

Is there a thread for hidinginmyroom? I've been watching him like crazy recently even though his videos make me...  uncomfortable, amused and freaked out.

Edited by ChibiKiseki

Posted

i think this was taken in thailand, but still its not cool to take pics of someone without their consent anywhere

she stays recording and taking pictures of people without their consent and talks about them 

watch some of her videos while she was back in china

her recording those who were taking pictures of her was fine

but there were some times where she would just record and zoom in on some people minding their business and briefly looking at her way

and sometimes she would just talk about them out loud

who knows if they could understand what she was saying 

she wasnt saying anything bad about them but she should be careful

F6659818-32BC-46C3-A841-66A236107B38.png