• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jvloggers general discussion thread

2188 posts in this topic

Posted

Is there a thread for hiding in my room? He is not a Jvlogger but his life is DRAMA everywhere, I saw it on lolcow but not here 

I would be so happy if we have one. He treats his gf like trash, visits Japan just to find new girls to have sex with, infect himself with std's and so on. He's a sad and terrible human being and his videos are a cringe-fest. All he does is complaining and hating everything.

He really hits a nerve, so sorry for my rant :alpacadone:

Posted (edited)

I know a lot of influencers who take time to edit their photos etc. and he follows her on Instagram so he must have seen her stories and past photo of the same day. I think I’d be mad too if my coworker made any of that his business and could have just Dmed her instead of causing something. I’m sure Kelly knew what she was doin when she posted. :/

Micaela has proven plenty of times already that she can be quite salty and passive aggressive even towards her own man, and Toph came across pretty gossipy during the Mimei drama, so I'm not surprised if something fishy is going on from their side.

But why did Kelly handle this drama so badly!? Her followers and Toph's followers don't know what's going on, they only have the twitter conversation now, and from that alone she looks like the bad guy in this whole situation.

This goes for most of the vloggers: I wish they would sometimes think things through before they post something, instead of just vomiting out what they feel or think (like Mimei recently, or this situation here)

it would have made her look bad if she kept up with the argument in my opinion. Her leaving the conversation and not responding is the best way to kill something like this. But that’s just me, you know? Her getting the toxic ppl out of her life is healthy. Btw, she also told me that toph  has some puppet accounts and Sharla and the others know about them which shocked her. She was worried he was using them on her :/ I remember she was kind of angry about it cause it reminded her of Mira 

I totally understand it left people confused though but I’d rather see it sizzle out than continue :/ Kelly never starts drama from what I’ve seen. She’s always been out of it or someone tries to start something but she walks away from it. I think that takes guts tbh.

Edited by Dragonrider

Posted

But why did Kelly handle this drama so badly!? Her followers and Toph's followers don't know what's going on, they only have the twitter conversation now, and from that alone she looks like the bad guy in this whole situation.

This goes for most of the vloggers: I wish they would sometimes think things through before they post something, instead of just vomiting out what they feel or think (like Mimei recently, or this situation here)

BOOM. nail on the head, Risa.

Kelly always seemed to react over-dramatically to damn near everything, and I feel like she's the type of person that would use the "i gave u subs from this collab...why did you treat me like shit" sort-of guilt tripping...but Toph is the type of person that will hold a grudge very quickly and for a long time, it seems .....

Posted (edited)

Kelly’s right to separate herself from the jvlogger clique. I would have blocked them too if I were her. Toph is so bitchy and thinks everyone is against him. I don’t think she should have posited on her ig about it but I still wouldn’t think she’s in the wrong with this story. Also, I don’t get why Michaela involved herself in this and just ganged up on Kelly.

Why are youtubers the worst at their social media representation when It’s their job, it’s not that hard.

Edited by Nikiri

Posted

Kelly’s right to separate herself from the jvlogger clique. I would have blocked them too if I were her. Toph is so bitchy and thinks everyone is against him. I don’t think she should have posited on her ig about it but I still wouldn’t think she’s in the wrong with this story. Also, I don’t get why Michaela involved herself in this and just ganged up on Kelly.

Why are youtubers the worst at their social media representation when It’s their job, it’s not that hard.

You have a great point there though....the 'clique' of 'im friends with Rachel/sharla/Micaela and im holier than thou' is why I don't really watch a lot of them...they all seem to post the same type of video with no originality as well....

Both Kelly and Toph have over 10,000 subs on YT and Kelly's got a sizable following on Insta, last I checked....separate threads for them?

Posted

Kelly doesn’t ever start shit online as far as I know. I like that she’s not part of the clique. I’m glad she’s never caught up in drama. Except this time but it wasn’t a big deal to me. Last I heard she was rebranding and doing her own thing. I’m happy for her :) I think her changes are good. The community is just not for her. I think she’ll be the start of something knew for the future! I’ll still watch her and support her. In person she’s really sweet and I like that she doesn’t call people that watch her her “fans” she always says viewers. She’s pretty mature from what I’ve known. But that’s cause I know who she really is off camera. 

I’m annoyed with Mic. She butts into drama all the time when it has nothing to do with her. She had no right. She needed to take a seat. And the nasty things they displayed online made them look like whiny high schoolers. I’ve never seen Kelly snap back like that. 

Posted

I think Kelly is nice but I always sense with her as a very emotional person. She cries on her videos, she tells people "Im dating, Im not dating" or "this salon ruin my hair" (c'mon, I dont even color my hair but I know coloring the hair again after 2 weeks is too much!). 

Maybe this drama just revealed more of herself. We all know youtubers, esp jvloggers, have a persona to keep up to. Eventhough her channel is just ok, I kinda thought she was a real deal. She has a full time job, she is a great singer and she deserve to have that record deal but I kinda dont agree that she was never into drama. She is the drama. And sometimes thats good and sometimes its bad. 

Posted

I think Kelly is nice but I always sense with her as a very emotional person. She cries on her videos, she tells people "Im dating, Im not dating" or "this salon ruin my hair" (c'mon, I dont even color my hair but I know coloring the hair again after 2 weeks is too much!). 

Maybe this drama just revealed more of herself. We all know youtubers, esp jvloggers, have a persona to keep up to. Eventhough her channel is just ok, I kinda thought she was a real deal. She has a full time job, she is a great singer and she deserve to have that record deal but I kinda dont agree that she was never into drama. She is the drama. And sometimes thats good and sometimes its bad. 

I don’t know about you but I like when youtubers aren’t all sunshine and rainbows and show real emotions. REAL people go through these things in life and they are relatable. I’ve never met a person who doesn’t cry or isn’t in touch with their emotions and if they aren’t in touch then there’s clearly something really wrong.

I don’t know any beef she has with any vloggers in the past either. She’s less drama then all of them tbh. I love seeing her life and her struggles. It’s just so real and I’m always going to root for her. She’s very strong for moving abroad, going through abuse, and taking charge of her life. I’m surprised she hasn’t broken down more! I’m always thinking to myself how proud of her I am and she has done a lot for me in the past and given me good advice and so easy to be around. Also, I wanna hear more about her dating stories. I love that! People struggle with that in japan and I think she’s having fun with it. 

Posted

Anyone of you remember "Kat Loves Osaka?"

last I checked she's not in Osaka anymore but she still seems to be around the jvloggers at least online...

I dont follow her that much but I do see her pop up a lot, and she did get involved with a LOOOOT of drama, particularly with Mira. What she been doing recently?

Posted (edited)

I think so. I like her but she is occaisonally cringy when she pulls "I'm probs going to have a mix EA/Black baby" but other than that I like her. She interacts very well with fans.

previously i said that she still comes of a bit weird to me and i think found a reason why

i have feeling she has a big fetish for se&ea men and culture but tries to hide it really well

appreciating the culture is one thing but with her idk

that story about thai men loving black women just gave me kmusicandblackwomen vibes

7F233DCC-FFCC-40A0-9537-E02B08E3E39B.png

F419D353-542A-4A92-B0DE-03B9B4E00C01.png

Edited by bukake
i took a screenshot of her stories hours ago she recently deleted the one about thai men

Posted

previously i said that she still comes of a bit weird to me and i think found a reason why

i have feeling she has a big fetish for se&ea men and culture but tries to hide it really well

appreciating the culture is one thing but with her idk

that story about thai men loving black women just gave me kmusicandblackwomen vibes

7F233DCC-FFCC-40A0-9537-E02B08E3E39B.png

F419D353-542A-4A92-B0DE-03B9B4E00C01.png

YES!!! I don't like this about her. It just gives a weird vibe and makes me question why they're actually travelling. There's nothing wrong with telling your fans that you haven't experienced any major in your face racism, in fact I think it's great (especially for the AA and black community since I think there's a bit of hesitation when it comes to travelling abroad from my experience) but making it seems that these people fetishize us is gross and makes you look bad for accepting it. IDK i just find the whole thing strange and confusing 

Posted (edited)

she look cute tho

F17D6116-F0C7-467E-AC0D-0995F73E9F7F.jpeg

Edited by bukake

Posted

she look cute tho

F17D6116-F0C7-467E-AC0D-0995F73E9F7F.jpeg

That's the sad part.. she's pretty but her yellowfever needs to go. insert race "fever" needs to disappear altogther tbh

Posted

not important but i think she uses too much olive oil on her face. her body b glistening but she could use way less on the face esp the upper lip area

I was wondering if anyone was gonna say anything about this! When i found her channel(after the chinese hair salon thing like everyone else) i thought her videos and herself were cool but she really b rubbing me the wrong way with her super apparent yellow fever. Also about her only replying "God" when people ask how she is able to travel is so damn annoying like girl wejust wanna know...i was able to catch one of her IG Lives and had to PUSH it out of her to say she had some sort of internship or something(which is how she's staying in japan,,idk if this is the only thing she said i cnt remember sorry yall) and i think she said her parents help fund her too

Posted

Ive never heard of this person. Does she do any videos with any well-known vloggers? Esp. the POC ones?