• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jvloggers general discussion thread

2064 posts in this topic

Posted

Tofutofupanic is one of the people (along with Bii) that attacked Mimei on twitter last year. Sorry, next.

I honestly love Fukubukuro Season, there's been many nights this week where the partner's just come home and sighed because I've been glued to them.

If you like toys, check out Lorien's Toy Box. She does a lot of lucky bags including Stickers, Disney, Socks, etc.

Posted (edited)

Tofutofupanic is one of the people (along with Bii) that attacked Mimei on twitter last year. Sorry, next.

I honestly love Fukubukuro Season, there's been many nights this week where the partner's just come home and sighed because I've been glued to them.

If you like toys, check out Lorien's Toy Box. She does a lot of lucky bags including Stickers, Disney, Socks, etc.

Hers are okay, sometimes when she starts a vid the audio scares the crap out of me. I like this one the most-

Didn't know tofu did that. Hmm, then isn't that somewhat suspect Sharla (who I believe is still friends with Memei) liked his video then? 

I also saw this one by sunnydahye-

I love these vids regardless of personal drama between any of the people because of the chance buying something blind gives them and the video.^_^

Edited by Natehiccop
Time stamp on weirdest lucky bag

Posted

Thanks Risa! I like Osharegirl's channel a lot. She's a breath of fresh air to the community, IMO! 

her fukubukuro vids were good too. 

Posted

Both of these bags are amazing ;o; I want them way more than all the clothes bags I've been seeing

Posted

Hers are okay, sometimes when she starts a vid the audio scares the crap out of me. I like this one the most-

Didn't know tofu did that. Hmm, then isn't that somewhat suspect Sharla (who I believe is still friends with Memei) liked his video then? 

I also saw this one by sunnydahye-

I love these vids regardless of personal drama between any of the people because of the chance buying something blind gives them and the video.^_^

Sharla is friends with him, they’ve made videos before. Personal you I don’t like him he doesn’t have much personality and has no creativity to his videos. He also whines way too much.

Posted

KemushiChan unpacked four Fukuburkos (two clothing ones and two for her dog) - try on included for the clothing ones - in 8 minutes:

Posted

Taylor B and Tokidokitraveller are my fav "jvloggers". 

Posted

Taylor B and Tokidokitraveller are my fav "jvloggers". 

They are two of my favorites jvloggers two. Both seem down to earth and nice and at least try with their content. Actually I kinda like the clique around them too. There are a few vloggers (like Kemushi-chan, sometimes osharegirl) who are hanging out with them regularly, and they all seem kinda pleasant to watch.

Here is a video from Taylor B which I really really liked! She talks about how she had to buy a jub hunting suit, and about the requirements for it and the difficulties to find one for her size:

Posted

They are two of my favorites jvloggers two. Both seem down to earth and nice and at least try with their content. Actually I kinda like the clique around them too. There are a few vloggers (like Kemushi-chan, sometimes osharegirl) who are hanging out with them regularly, and they all seem kinda pleasant to watch.

Here is a video from Taylor B which I really really liked! She talks about how she had to buy a jub hunting suit, and about the requirements for it and the difficulties to find one for her size:

Yup I really liked this video too. Even though Taylor goes to a language school and had a lot of tests in December, her vlogmas was interesting to watch and informative. She made presents for her friends, showed vegan food, took the jlpt, went to a job fair, a wedding etc, which was about million times more interesting than sharla's (who's main job is youtube)  vlogmas: cats, cats, pokemon, cats, pasta, going to tokyo, cats. That's just ridiculous.

Posted

By now my favourite jvlogger is definitely internationallyME. I love her videos, especially the Tokyo hidden spots one, I took a lot of notes for my spring trip to Japan from those.

Posted

Yup I really liked this video too. Even though Taylor goes to a language school and had a lot of tests in December, her vlogmas was interesting to watch and informative. She made presents for her friends, showed vegan food, took the jlpt, went to a job fair, a wedding etc, which was about million times more interesting than sharla's (who's main job is youtube)  vlogmas: cats, cats, pokemon, cats, pasta, going to tokyo, cats. That's just ridiculous.

I completely agree. Her Vlogmas was really interesting. I didn't watch every video, because daily updates overstrain me *lol* But she was one of the view I followed throughout vlogmas. I have to say I also liked KeiraInTokyo's Vlogmas.

By now my favourite jvlogger is definitely internationallyME. I love her videos, especially the Tokyo hidden spots one, I took a lot of notes for my spring trip to Japan from those.

Love her videos too! Her videos about Japan are truly informative, especially if you want to travel there and see more than the common touristy-things!

Posted

Taylor B unpacked two plus-sized bags. Very interesting  my opinion!

Btw I'm a bit confused about her body-type. I mean, in some angles she looks pretty normal-sized, but in some she does look plus-sized. I'm not sure if it's the angle of the filming? (because in the intro she said for American standards she is not plus-sized)

Posted

Btw I'm a bit confused about her body-type. I mean, in some angles she looks pretty normal-sized, but in some she does look plus-sized. I'm not sure if it's the angle of the filming? (because in the intro she said for American standards she is not plus-sized)

I was a bit confused about that too. Maybe she meant that she can still find clothes at all normal retailers and doesn’t have to shop in their ‘plus size’ section?Not that it really matters. To me it looks like she would have problems anyway because of her being quite a bit taller than the average Japanese girl.

In terms of her looking different in different shots... People in the comments seemed to love the bags but I found most of it quite unflattering (a bit boxy, maybe because they all were a bit short). And just to be extra nitpicky — because for the most part I found the video quite interesting and enjoyable — wearing her hair like that always seems to add a few extra pounds too. So maybe it has to do more with styling/angles than anything else?

Posted

At least by Europe stantard she is plus-sized. In America plus-sized is considered normal-sized probably due to vast amount of people being more or less overweight to obese.

Posted

Does anyone actually know how tall she is? I watched a few of her videos and she kept mentioning it but never actually stated what her actual height is.