• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jvloggers general discussion thread

2188 posts in this topic

Posted

You must love kanadajin then.  That chic is cringe galor

Posted

You must love kanadajin then.  That chic is cringe galor

I will say something that surprises myself: I did find her “I’m Japanese and forgot how to speak English” phase more entertaining than what she is doing now. Even though converting to Islam to get laid was a stroke of genius on her part... it’s getting boring now.

If you know someone who can replace her though, I’m all ears lol. 

Posted

Welp, even Sharla is moving out of Japan (to korea)... starting to wonder if there is something going on there that we dont know? weird...

Posted

It also seems like the current generation of Jvloggers is dying down quite rapidly this year... I wonder who else will leave in 2018 or the year after that, or who will become the next big Jvlogger. :alpacaconfused:

Posted (edited)

I don't think there is anything "going on"per say except that the hype has died/is dead. Most of these Jvloggers, even some of the Kvloggers, only moved to Japan due to what I consider "money grabbing" reasons. Japan has always been a anime, kawaii, kira kira land for a lot of people who've never been and have never bothered to learn more about the country. So I am guessing at the time it was a great way to make money and gain subs since the interest was strong back then. Now the huge migration is to South Korea for essentially the same reasons: Kpop, kdrama, idols etc. None of them are there, at least from what I see, for the less superficial side of SK cuz it doesn't make money or increase views. When the Korea fevers dies maybe they'll go somewhere else?

All the other Jvloggers who are still in Japan either work, study or don't vlog about the pop culture side of the country much which tells me Youtube may not be their main source of income making a move to a different country unnecessary.

Edited by Rennie

Posted

ive seen daniel's (hiding in my room) stuff.

i used to follow him, but always found him to be off. But recently he got catfished by a japanese woman (she was older than she said) and told her they cant be together because he wasnt attracted to her. YET he proceeded to have sex with her.

i am sorry but i cant with this guy. I get he is open or whatever, but he just comes off as a sociopath. All he wants is to bang chicks in japan, he openly talks shit about his jobs and complains... Like the dude in his late 20s isnt he? I used to feel bad for him, in his video about why he cant drive he explained stuff about his anxieties, but the way he treats those around him zaps any sympathy i have for the guy.

He needs to grow up or shut up, because the only thing that holds him back is his attitude.

Posted

I'm really amused because one of the biggest German Youtubers and his girlfriend (Gronkh and Pandorya) are currently on vacation in Japan and someone asked if they're gonna meet with the Jvloggers, so many name drops :alpacaheadshake: They generally like them though because obviously they don't have time to get involved in that Jvlogger drama, so I don't have any tea, sorry. Just that Gronkh doesn't like how when Taylor is going out she's filming herself instead of showing where she is :D (if the Germans wanna watch it: it's probably gonna be on xpandorya's Twitch channel later)

Posted

I find myself kinda enjoying watching videos from the clique around Taylor B. It's her, Kemushi-chan, Tokidoki Traveler and osharegirl sometimes I think. They seem to have much more genuine fun with each other, unlike the very superficial jvlog clique from before (Taylor, Sharla, Bii, Kim etc.) On top of that Taylor B has quite some interesting videos, for example about being plus sized in Japan or having to buy a typical job hunting suit.

I also kind of like watching Sophie (peachmilky) with Keira. They seem to get along well too. I watched their little Christmas party with their boyfriends and Tokidoki Traveler (Emma?) was there too.

Posted

Long time lurker, posting on PULL finally bc all the crazy logan paul related shit

looks like its fukubukuro season. Cue 1000s of videos of fake ass reactions -_- ;;;

Who's video has genuinely good reactions? I'd love to see. I unsubbed from a lot of the bigtime jvloggers recently because i'm feeling this whole genre is just repeating itself. Esp. girls who've been in the country for like 5 fuckin months and call themselves 'experts' on japan -_-
Gimme some people still around in the genre!

Also, saw Victor and Hiko's livestream...good to see them still chugging along...Apparently Hanami date decided for April 7? Was an event page made yet?

Posted (edited)

Long time lurker, posting on PULL finally bc all the crazy logan paul related shit

looks like its fukubukuro season. Cue 1000s of videos of fake ass reactions -_- ;;;

Who's video has genuinely good reactions? I'd love to see. I unsubbed from a lot of the bigtime jvloggers recently because i'm feeling this whole genre is just repeating itself. Esp. girls who've been in the country for like 5 fuckin months and call themselves 'experts' on japan -_-
Gimme some people still around in the genre!

Also, saw Victor and Hiko's livestream...good to see them still chugging along...Apparently Hanami date decided for April 7? Was an event page made yet?

Some did Lucky bag unboxings. The one that stuck to me was Kim's Ingni and Wego unboxing. It was short, released shortly after purchasing it, on point and she tried the clothes on.

Osharegirl shows adidas and Forever 21:

Mimei opened W C and Village Vanguard (very funny one *lol*)

And here a video I haven't watched yet. So not sure if recommendable or not but the girl shows Cecil Mcbee, INGNI and Muji.

And I think almost everyone from the group around Sharla unpacked the Pokemon lucky bag.

That's the ones I remember.^^

Edited by Risa

Posted

Some did Lucky bag unboxings. The one that stuck to me was Kim's Ingni and Wego unboxing. It was short, released shortly after purchasing it, on point and she tried the clothes on.

I thought Kim did one of the better ones too. Though I didn’t even watch all the ones you linked, so who knows. 

Most of them do those fake af orgasm for every item they unpack, though. If @SkyCat99 was looking for one without that... I can’t say I’ve found one. :alpacaworry: 

Posted

I thought Kim did one of the better ones too. Though I didn’t even watch all the ones you linked, so who knows. 

Most of them do those fake af orgasm for every item they unpack, though. If @SkyCat99 was looking for one without that... I can’t say I’ve found one. :alpacaworry: 

I know what you mean. These overly excited noises ^^  I think osharegirl is not particularly squealy though. She and  her friend are rather critical while unpacking (but not bashing).

And Mimei was pretty good too tbh. Love the second one. The things were awful and her editing made her reactions even more fun.

Posted

I'm not overly familiar with this girl, but she has an earth, music and ecology fukubukuro and I've never seen someone open that before!

Posted

I would love an earth, music and ecology fukubukuro. Their things are so affordable in general so I'm sure if you're lucky their lucky bags are just as good.

Posted

I really wanted to see a fukubukuro opening and found tofutofupanic. He seems like a pretty decent guy-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIL0reG39ZExpWqBdxteEVg

Pokemon opening-

2nd Dog Bag-

I like his personality, he seems nice like Sharla's friend Greg. And as a fun fact both PeachMilky and Sharla left comments (and I'm assuming likes) for his videos.

And speaking of PeachMilky, I know someone mentioned before it seems like Jvloggers are turning into Kvloggers (or whatever Korean vloggers call themselves) or disappearing off YT. Maybe this video from PeachMilky back in Sept last year is why or part of the reason-