• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Jvloggers general discussion thread

2223 posts in this topic

Posted

Chris has definitely moved to Korea with SunnyDahye and as he says   Stepped Away" from Tokyo Creative. This will be interesting to see what happens to all the Vloggers on their site.

Posted

Chris has definitely moved to Korea with SunnyDahye and as he says   Stepped Away" from Tokyo Creative. This will be interesting to see what happens to all the Vloggers on their site.

Huh, what? Already?

Posted

So he decided he wasn't going to move back to L.A. to be with his family now?

Posted

So he decided he wasn't going to move back to L.A. to be with his family now?

Damn Tokyo Creative didn't last long.  Guess it doesn't really matter when you have buckets of money.

Posted

Imagine leaving your company and career for a girl you just started dating. 

Posted

OMG... this is news to me. Did he actually say that he was leaving the company or just stepping away? What is the source of this information? Please provide the evidence. Inquiring minds want to know, honey!

Posted

Maybe this is why Sharla is now talking about taking the cats with her again - because she won't be away for work that often anymore after all 🤔

Posted

so is TC shutting down? or Okano just stepped down? I know TC is a trashy try-hard but I also know all the jvloggers working for the company rely on TC for a visa.

Posted

so is TC shutting down? or Okano just stepped down? I know TC is a trashy try-hard but I also know all the jvloggers working for the company rely on TC for a visa.

It doesn't seem like they're shutting down but it's also not clear that they're making any money. The fact that they recently had to use Norm in another video was very telling. It seems to indicate that they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for "influencer" participation. It also seems that more videos feature only Emma and Shiori who are both regular employees of TC. As for Okano, I checked his linkedin profile and it appears that he left TC back in July.  https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopherokano/

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Kawasaki-san quietly fired him.

Maybe this is why Sharla is now talking about taking the cats with her again - because she won't be away for work that often anymore after all 🤔

I think your suspicion is correct. Sharla was probably either let go or her hours were drastically curtailed. It's relatively costly to send someone from Morioka to Tokyo on the Shinkansen and put them up in a nice hotel for a week every month. Even though Sharla is undoubtedly popular, TC can't continue to throw money at her like that without a solid revenue stream to justify it. The fundamental problem is that they don't appear to have a sustainable business model and there is no easy way to fix that.

Posted

Remember when they did that tour of the TC office, and it was this MASSIVE house converted into this office space for them, and there were so many desks and employees. Like... this company has been around for what? a year? and it's already down to only two regular employees, a fleeing CEO, and no more income?

Posted

This was his reply on one of his recent youtube video titled 'From Living in Japan to Korea 5 Culture Shocks I've Experienced'.

okano.thumb.png.a82d0f0b1a5ac76c8fc57d3e

Posted

I'm pretty sure Mikan was one of the partners/influencers listed on the site but she's not there anymore. Did she leave?

Posted

fuck how irresponsible... he's the captain jumping ship, maybe this is just me but he has obligation to stay for the sake of the jvloggers whom he asked to join his shady company. It's not like his company was super successful or grounded where he could sell it off or leave it in the hands of someone else imo. I don't really know much about his business but I wonder if the jvloggers who joined are nervous or sweating a bit, as much as I don't like some of them like Sharla I kinda feel bad for them trusting this company.

Posted

Kim Dao won’t constantly be sent to Japan anymore “for work” without Okano behind TC. Also, his blonde hair is awful.

Posted

fuck how irresponsible... he's the captain jumping ship, maybe this is just me but he has obligation to stay for the sake of the jvloggers whom he asked to join his shady company. It's not like his company was super successful or grounded where he could sell it off or leave it in the hands of someone else imo. I don't really know much about his business but I wonder if the jvloggers who joined are nervous or sweating a bit, as much as I don't like some of them like Sharla I kinda feel bad for them trusting this company.

Yes, honey, the whole thing seems very, very shady to me as well. But I'm willing to bet that Okano was fired by the investors at Redhorse which is the company that funded this venture after Okano and Takamasa Kawasaki ran Odigo into the ground. Since Kawasaki was the actual investor from Redhorse, he would be in the position to fire Okano. The glassdoor reviews for (now defunct) Odigo consistently highlight the fact that Kawasaki had a habit of randomly firing people, creating a toxic and unpredictable work environment. Then there is this from the Redhorse investor's relations page that I just discovered:

redhorse.thumb.PNG.cd92ed92b569c91e9fb83

Looks like the company was hemorrhaging cash and the shareholders had to make some drastic changes. That was June 20th and Okano's linkedin profile states he left in July. Coincidence? I don't know, but usually when people quit a job it's because they have a new/better opportunity already lined up somewhere. I don't see any job history on Okano's linkedin profile after TC so... you be the judge.