• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jvloggers general discussion thread

1978 posts in this topic

Posted

I just came on here to post Lyz’s Instagram. It made me feel sick seeing her say that. My grandfather passed away after a long battle with cancer and he was the strongest most positive person I ever knew. I doubt that she ever had anyone in her life who suffer from a terminal illness. No amount of mind control or positivity can help.

I find a lot of her content draining anyway but now I am unsubscribing. I think she is generally problematic and a lot of the information she gives about living in Japan is wrong. Her last video about birth control really rubbed me the wrong way as well. I don’t know why travel vloggers feel the need to give health advice. 

Posted

Japan is literally one of the worst countries when it comes to women's childcare section( birth control, abortions, facilities for taking care of children while their mothers are at work). Not to mention that women are usually the ones to be blamed for rape, molestation or harassment. Medication concerned with women's bodies are expensive there as well. I dont understand what gain would those jvloggers get with giving misinformation on such  a glaring fact of a patriarchal system?

Posted

Japan is literally one of the worst countries when it comes to women's childcare section( birth control, abortions, facilities for taking care of children while their mothers are at work). Not to mention that women are usually the ones to be blamed for rape, molestation or harassment. Medication concerned with women's bodies are expensive there as well. I dont understand what gain would those jvloggers get with giving misinformation on such  a glaring fact of a patriarchal system?

Agreed- but besides the obvious neglect for women's rights in Japan. How about the bit where she said that men will have a hard time finding larger size condoms in japan. Basically insinuating you know what .... 
Didn't her Japanese boyfriend find that insulting?

Quoted from japaninfo.com:

the fact is that western condom sizes tend to be 54-55 millimeters in girth. Japanese condoms are 52-53 millimeters, meaning there is a two-millimeter difference.

All you have to do is google is: large size condoms in Japan

The facts are there! 

Posted

Agreed- but besides the obvious neglect for women's rights in Japan. How about the bit where she said that men will have a hard time finding larger size condoms in japan. Basically insinuating you know what .... 
Didn't her Japanese boyfriend find that insulting?

Quoted from japaninfo.com:

the fact is that western condom sizes tend to be 54-55 millimeters in girth. Japanese condoms are 52-53 millimeters, meaning there is a two-millimeter difference.

All you have to do is google is: large size condoms in Japan

The facts are there! 

I still don’t understand, how did she meet her Japanese boyfriend if he is from the US. Was this recently on her trip because they are now in a LD relationship? 

About her allergies, I have never seen her struggling to find things to eat in her videos. From what she shows I would never call her diet restrictive.

Posted

I just came on here to post Lyz’s Instagram. It made me feel sick seeing her say that. My grandfather passed away after a long battle with cancer and he was the strongest most positive person I ever knew. I doubt that she ever had anyone in her life who suffer from a terminal illness. No amount of mind control or positivity can help.

I find a lot of her content draining anyway but now I am unsubscribing. I think she is generally problematic and a lot of the information she gives about living in Japan is wrong. Her last video about birth control really rubbed me the wrong way as well. I don’t know why travel vloggers feel the need to give health advice. 

Cancer runs in my family and my Dad was recently diagnosed so that hit a sore spot. His positive mindset will help him get through the treatments but that alone doesnt cure everything.

I haven't been enthused to watch any of her new stuff either and I used to really enjoy her.

Posted

Cancer runs in my family and my Dad was recently diagnosed so that hit a sore spot. His positive mindset will help him get through the treatments but that alone doesnt cure everything.

I haven't been enthused to watch any of her new stuff either and I used to really enjoy her.

It hit a sore spot for a lot of people! Apparently her grandfather had cancer yet she thinks he could have been healed with positive thinking as well. 

Her new content is very boring. There are better vlogs out there.

Posted

Chiming in to comment on the soy allergy thing . My husband has this allergy and basically NOTHING is available.  You'll be surprised what has soy, even candy contains soy nowadays.  On the bright side, I have learned how to make a lot of dishes home cooked in Japan.  Most store bough prepackaged anything, even restaurants all use too much soy. 

I am sick and tired of people saying that Japan is a magical place of healing .  It might be good to go out in nature but every country has that, it's not unique to Japan.  So many youtubers talk about how Japan saved them but it's all fake and made up for views . Japan has so many issues.  I have endometriosis and that isn't covered by Japanese health care system because periods are considered natural phenomenons.  That means I have to pay out of pocket to see very specialized doctors.  They usually have one per prefecture that specializes in women's diseases and not just pregnancy.  The one in my prefecture refuses to treat me. But no amount of will power or brain power is going to cure a chronic illness.  I would have done that years ago if it did . 

I REALLY want to read the comments to her photo.  Unless she deleted all the negative ones . 

Posted (edited)

Chiming in to comment on the soy allergy thing . My husband has this allergy and basically NOTHING is available.  You'll be surprised what has soy, even candy contains soy nowadays.  On the bright side, I have learned how to make a lot of dishes home cooked in Japan.  Most store bough prepackaged anything, even restaurants all use too much soy. 

I am sick and tired of people saying that Japan is a magical place of healing .  It might be good to go out in nature but every country has that, it's not unique to Japan.  So many youtubers talk about how Japan saved them but it's all fake and made up for views . Japan has so many issues.  I have endometriosis and that isn't covered by Japanese health care system because periods are considered natural phenomenons.  That means I have to pay out of pocket to see very specialized doctors.  They usually have one per prefecture that specializes in women's diseases and not just pregnancy.  The one in my prefecture refuses to treat me. But no amount of will power or brain power is going to cure a chronic illness.  I would have done that years ago if it did . 

I REALLY want to read the comments to her photo.  Unless she deleted all the negative ones . 

I'm curious to know... which jvloggers have said Japan has cured them? 

The lack of attention that is given to mental health and womens healthcare in Japan is beyond me.  They also believe that women should give birth without epidurals and that women should feel the pain of birth because they are sacrificing their life for their child. Or so I've heard....

Also, yes she has deleted all of them. I keep seeing some but then they are quickly deleted. 

Edited by Sunflowerghost

Posted

Rant coming:

I have to add to this thread and honestly I could make a WHOLE ass thread about how awful a lot of these jvloggers are, but I'll stick to the current topic at hand of Lyz. 

This is a throwaway account because I know almost all of these people personally, not friends with some of them anymore because of just how awful they were, and yes I used to do youtube but stopped a while back. 

I have know Lyz for about 2yr or so (maybe a bit more) but I can't even call her a friend anymore because of how awful she is outside of her videos. She lies an incredible amount in and outside of her videos (her video about her last breakup with her LD boyfriend that she blames on him was 100% her fault. She involved me in it an incredible amount and I'm actually pretty good friends with the ex because he is not at all how she portrayed), she used me for therapy and stress (not to mention whenever she was having crazy anxiety episodes) and outside of that she never talked to me. Lyz really likes to make herself out to be a victim a lot and she really likes feeling pitiful so people show her sympathy. 

Outside of that, her health issues coincided conveniently with mine for some reason. I posted about my health on my facebook, and she commented and tried to make it about herself. And then a literal hour later she posted an eerily similar post about her own health. She never contacted me privately whenever I updated about my health, but left a comment(each time usually making it about herself). Her videos and posts about her health and cancer etc upset me so much because A)she's doing this purely for attention and B) my health issues are pointing to possibly being cancer and her just ladee dah attitude about it is so ignorant and frustrating.

She has a LOT of mental health issues and I've told her she needed to get serious help but she always brushed it off. She knows herself that she has awful anxiety to the point of it causing her to exhibit toxic and borderline abusive behaviors but she refuses to seek any kind of help.

I tried real hard for a long time to be friends but it was such a one-sided, using friendship, that I couldn't do it anymore.

Posted

I'm curious to know... which jvloggers have said Japan has cured them? 

The lack of attention that is given to mental health and womens healthcare in Japan is beyond me.  They also believe that women should give birth without epidurals and that women should feel the pain of birth because they are sacrificing their life for their child. Or so I've heard....

Also, yes she has deleted all of them. I keep seeing some but then they are quickly deleted. 

I don’t know of any jvloggers that have said they have been cured by japan but I have noticed a lot of videos suggesting that they were unhappy before they moved to Japan. marianna vlogs (who is coincidentally Lyz’s friend I think as she’s in a few of her videos) made a video while back about being ill and moving to Japan. I do take issue with people treating japan as though it’s this perfect place when in fact there are a lot of problems. I find most people realise that it wasn’t the wonderland they thought it was going to be and chose to move on. 

Posted

Rant coming:

I have to add to this thread and honestly I could make a WHOLE ass thread about how awful a lot of these jvloggers are, but I'll stick to the current topic at hand of Lyz. 

This is a throwaway account because I know almost all of these people personally, not friends with some of them anymore because of just how awful they were, and yes I used to do youtube but stopped a while back. 

I have know Lyz for about 2yr or so (maybe a bit more) but I can't even call her a friend anymore because of how awful she is outside of her videos. She lies an incredible amount in and outside of her videos (her video about her last breakup with her LD boyfriend that she blames on him was 100% her fault. She involved me in it an incredible amount and I'm actually pretty good friends with the ex because he is not at all how she portrayed), she used me for therapy and stress (not to mention whenever she was having crazy anxiety episodes) and outside of that she never talked to me. Lyz really likes to make herself out to be a victim a lot and she really likes feeling pitiful so people show her sympathy. 

Outside of that, her health issues coincided conveniently with mine for some reason. I posted about my health on my facebook, and she commented and tried to make it about herself. And then a literal hour later she posted an eerily similar post about her own health. She never contacted me privately whenever I updated about my health, but left a comment(each time usually making it about herself). Her videos and posts about her health and cancer etc upset me so much because A)she's doing this purely for attention and B) my health issues are pointing to possibly being cancer and her just ladee dah attitude about it is so ignorant and frustrating.

She has a LOT of mental health issues and I've told her she needed to get serious help but she always brushed it off. She knows herself that she has awful anxiety to the point of it causing her to exhibit toxic and borderline abusive behaviors but she refuses to seek any kind of help.

I tried real hard for a long time to be friends but it was such a one-sided, using friendship, that I couldn't do it anymore.

Girl, I have known Kelly since Jr. High and all of this is so wrong. I am laughing! First of all, her ex cheated on her with a girl and he admitted it in screenshot texts she sent me which allowed her to move on so w/e he is saying to you is BS. And the fact that you literally are acting like she made up her illness even tho she went to clinics and is on meds is insane to me. I can't believe you took so much negative energy to sit and write this. I am Kellys best friend and this whole post was all lies....you guys seriously can't know a person that you have never spent enough time with to understand. seems like you have a lot of mental issues as well from how much anger you have. Nobody else seems to have issues with her so that's strange....hmmm. Knowing Kelly for more than 10 years beats your 2 years.

Posted

Seriously, if you people don't have proofs of actually knowing someone, then walls of text aren't going to make it sound real. Show proof. Otherwise this is all BS.

Posted

Girl, I have known Kelly since Jr. High and all of this is so wrong. I am laughing! First of all, her ex cheated on her with a girl and he admitted it in screenshot texts she sent me which allowed her to move on so w/e he is saying to you is BS. And the fact that you literally are acting like she made up her illness even tho she went to clinics and is on meds is insane to me. I can't believe you took so much negative energy to sit and write this. I am Kellys best friend and this whole post was all lies....you guys seriously can't know a person that you have never spent enough time with to understand. seems like you have a lot of mental issues as well from how much anger you have. Nobody else seems to have issues with her so that's strange....hmmm. Knowing Kelly for more than 10 years beats your 2 years.

Hi Kelly

Posted

Seriously, if you people don't have proofs of actually knowing someone, then walls of text aren't going to make it sound real. Show proof. Otherwise this is all BS.

Think that first one was real in a way.

Screenshot_20190522-123809_Chrome.jpg

Posted (edited)

Think that first one was real in a way.

Screenshot_20190522-123809_Chrome.jpg

"it's clear what your intentions were" She literally wrote "[the mind] can cure every disease imaginable, even cancer" but apparently we're the ones that just didn't get what she actually meant. 

Edited by sulla_luna