• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jvloggers general discussion thread

1998 posts in this topic

Posted

Now Osharegirl got lipfillers too... Why are lip fillers such a trend? Did I miss something? Are beauty clinics giving out free fillers for foreigners?

Imo for her it doesn't make that much difference but as long as she's happy...

Im just glad it didnt seem like a sponsored video.

Posted

I didn't see anything on Twitter from her that says she got fillers.  Did I miss something?

Posted

I didn't see anything on Twitter from her that says she got fillers.  Did I miss something?

She did a video on it.

At least she's completely upfront about it. 

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else watch John Daub's (Only in Japan) videos? I like watching what he does as he often leaves Tokyo and shows other parts of Japan, including rural towns and islands. 

One thing I found odd is that his pronunciation in Japanese doesn't seem too good (not terrible though). Like, he pronounced Ueno as "Way-no", and かき氷 as "kakigori" when it should have a long "o" and the 'g' is supposed to be almost like a 'ng' between vowels. He's lived in Japan for around 20 years, so I'd think he'd be really good at Japanese by now.

Do a lot of J-vloggers speak Japanese or not speak it well?

Edited by Xinxinsong

Posted

For Emma's visa issue, she said it's her fault in her YT video. She was 2 months expired and it's up to the individual visa holder to renew their visa, not for a company's HR to take care of it (like she thought), so TC not checking with her is probably just because they don't check with anyone since it's each person's responsibility to deal with their visa renewal. TC paying for a lawyer makes sense since Emma is the only host for their channel...

If Japanese immigration is anything like UK immigration, what happens is your work/ student visa expires and you tick over to a normal traveller visa-free status if your passport doesn't require a visa in the UK (e.g. Australian passport). If you're on a passport that requires a visa just for travel/ holiday, that's when you get a notification from the government (either via phone or email) telling you your visa is up, because any overstay is immediately illegal rather than becoming a visa-free tourist.

As for Osharegirl's lip fillers... I feel like her lips didn't really change in size. I went back to the beginning and went to 7m in the video and I couldn't really tell that she had lip fillers. She talked about it her video too and said she wanted to go a bit bigger.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else watch John Daub's (Only in Japan) videos? I like watching what he does as he often leaves Tokyo and shows other parts of Japan, including rural towns and islands. 

One thing I found odd is that his pronunciation in Japanese doesn't seem too good (not terrible though). Like, he pronounced Ueno as "Way-no", and かき氷 as "kakigori" when it should have a long "o" and the 'g' is supposed to be almost like a 'ng' between vowels. He's lived in Japan for around 20 years, so I'd think he'd be really good at Japanese by now.

Do a lot of J-vloggers speak Japanese or not speak it well?

note that I haven't seen his videos before, but what you are descescribing sounds like kansai pronunciaton of those words.  When I went to osaka I noticed a lot of things are pronounced entirely differently including kakikouri.  They acually say it like that with a g instead.  It might be interesting to research where he has mostly lived and studied. 

Edited by Nonamesan
Spelling

Posted

note that I haven't seen his videos before, but what you are descescribing sounds like kansai pronunciaton of those words.  When I went to osaka I noticed a lot of things are pronounced entirely differently including kakikouri.  They acually say it like that with a g instead.  It might be interesting to research where he has mostly lived and studied. 

I tried to find info on where he's lived, but seems to say that other than travelling around Japan he's lived in Tokyo. I would say that his pronunciation is mostly due to English behind his first language (he's American) and so he pronounces 'g' the same as we would in English.

Posted

Osharegirl had a small mouth to begin with so im not really surprised she did that. 

TBH tho i don't care if someone has plastic surgery. My aunt had some work done and it really boosted her confidence. People can do whatever they want with their bodies, as long as they dont try to play it off as 'natural.' If you wanna go for 'natural-looking' then sure, why not lol 

Posted

off topic but can people here recommend me some jvloggers that maybe are less known in the community?

Posted

off topic but can people here recommend me some jvloggers that maybe are less known in the community?

Aside from Osharegirl, TokidokiTraveler and the other bigger/interesting ones, there are... 

Loretta/kemushijp, who I think seems like a cool person but her vids are pretty boring (just school and her weird boring husband)

Sam (sam in tokyo) goes to some fun places but her vids are SUPER BORING oh my god

Taylor B (iamtaylorb) is a clean eating vegan who's dating a japanese guy and does her best to keep up regular vlog schedules every so often, but her attitude is just EXHAUSTING. she always seems like she's putting on this fake cringe attitude at how StReSsFuL everything is oH mY GoDdDdd

So like... honestly, jvlogging is pretty dull rn.

Posted

she doesn’t live in Japan but hijessicaanne has some really nice videos when she travels to Tokyo! (Which is quite often actually) I love her vlogs, she goes to interesting places the camera is amazing quality and she seems like a calm sweet person. 

Posted

I like LoveLyzKelly, I think she's very sweet

Posted

I can see Emma being there as well just by her friendship with Joey. Or maybe Felix had meetings with TC to discuss visa routes? Who knows.

And Idk if Japan would take Felix due to his, uh, controversial nature. Why doesn't he just move to another European capital? No visa no trouble.

He could move to the US, his "humor" and habit to follow disgusting racist misogynist like S. molyneux, similarly icky Lauren Southern who still doesn't know how to actually source her shitty claims.. (no, a blog from some Ur-conservative guy who prebiased his unscientific polls is not a valid source, Lauren) Luscious Lip Boi Peejee Watson who sells scammy soy brain pills and also does not know how to verify his assumptions..                                                   Oh and our singing Iranian Aryan boy too :/..

So.. I am sure his brand of edge lord humor would find fans in trumps America,  and like his fans, they'll tolerate his "heated gaming moments" and all the small funny Dogwhistles.. 

Would surely work better than Japan.. Altho I feel(this may be wrong) that american people seem more open to just voice anything to a stranger in RL, like commenting on a Maga hat or something like that, while in Japan people would be too polite to act that way. 

Posted

LoveLyzKelly has good videos and has been getting better with her editing I think, but she always seems quite down about something, be it her health, or the Japanese way of living. Even positive videos sometimes have an almost sad vibe from the way she talks. Maybe it's her accent, or maybe she simply needs a coffee before narration, I don't know. 

Posted

LoveLyzKelly has good videos and has been getting better with her editing I think, but she always seems quite down about something, be it her health, or the Japanese way of living. Even positive videos sometimes have an almost sad vibe from the way she talks. Maybe it's her accent, or maybe she simply needs a coffee before narration, I don't know. 

She got very repetitive for a while there and I stopped following her. I don't even know who she works with these days. Is she apart of the TC crowd?