• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Jvloggers general discussion thread

1936 posts in this topic

Posted

What was the point of Tokyo Creative? I went to their website and noticed they had quite a few Jvloggers working with them, but the info on their website like this stuff here seems like they're making claims they haven't really proven to be capable of. Rather, many of their "influencers" were far more successful than Chris Okano and TC without their help. Besides being friends beforehand, what's the benefit to the influencers to join with Tokyo Creative? TC hasn't even been making that much content themselves, so I can't understand how they're really a successful company... or necessary, even?

Does anyone have any insight?

pretty sure it's just a set-up to enable the team members to get working visas and stay living in japan. which is nice! its a boring company with boring vids, but it is undeniably a company.

Posted

pretty sure it's just a set-up to enable the team members to get working visas and stay living in japan. which is nice! its a boring company with boring vids, but it is undeniably a company.

I can denounce this rumor; my colleague who was to work for them a while ago was told he'd need to get his own visa to come to Japan. 

Posted

Let’s be honest, Chris just missed his family & his home in LA so he made an excuse to move back there, convincing himself that it would be good for his company. I’m no expert but its definitey not a good business move. The market for ALL entertainment in Los Angeles is insanely saturated, and honestly the whole business idea of “Tokyo/Los Angeles Creative” doesn’t seem like it has potential to me. Influencers don’t need some company making videos about them and discussing random topics. The actual influencers already do that on their own channels, in more interesting ways! Besides, most Western viewers are not interested in Los Angeles, and the people who are probably already watch infinitely more engaging/rich/successful youtubers based in LA. Tokyo Creative only has subscribers because their target audience of English speakers are interested in japan. Honesty I’ve watched many of their (often boring) videos just because I love japan and want to see more of it. 

tbh I lost interest in Chris awhile ago about round the time him and his ex (I believe her name was Ayaka?) broke up because after they did he changed the concept of his channel it was already gimmicky to begin with but it became even more gimmicky after that like adding mascots to his channel intro (that was so long ago idk if he even uses those anymore) 

Posted

Whoever did that edit hopefully never will do one again lmao... This looks so bad, honestly.

And maybe I'm the only one, but to me it's really off-putting that Tokyo Creative claims all those views and followers when they're not more than a network and most of said views and followers were already there before people joined TC. Even if they only counted the numbers from 2018, they're the Youtuber's and not TC's. You don't have 13 million "fans" or subscribers, TC, the Youtubers in your network do.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-18 um 17.31.31.png

Posted

I can denounce this rumor; my colleague who was to work for them a while ago was told he'd need to get his own visa to come to Japan. 

from what i can tell from watching emma (tokidoki traveler) vlogs over the years, who's one of TC's main people, it seemed like she was coming to the end of her visiting visa, and workint with TC has enabled her to get a working visa now and stay longer? but again, this is all just speculation.

Posted

from what i can tell from watching emma (tokidoki traveler) vlogs over the years, who's one of TC's main people, it seemed like she was coming to the end of her visiting visa, and workint with TC has enabled her to get a working visa now and stay longer? but again, this is all just speculation.

Ahh maybe she could've worked as one of their staff or something (speculation again) 
But the person I talked to was told if he wanted to come to Japan he'd need to get a visa on his own (as a teacher or student or something) so he ended up not coming. He's still under their belt for some reason but he's not a big fan of them.

He also told me that Okano told him there was no competing or corprorate hanami event anymore, because of the backlash of Okano attending the summer party but not talking to anyone. I guess Okano has really thin skin. 

Posted

Ahh maybe she could've worked as one of their staff or something (speculation again) But the person I talked to was told if he wanted to come to Japan he'd need to get a visa on his own (as a teacher or student or something) so he ended up not coming. He's still under their belt for some reason but he's not a big fan of them.

He also told me that Okano told him there was no competing or corprorate hanami event anymore, because of the backlash of Okano attending the summer party but not talking to anyone. I guess Okano has really thin skin. 

What happened with this hanami? Was it organized by someone else, but Okano came and refused to talk to other people because he thought he was more important for some reason (why would he think this)? Is there enough stuff on Okano to warrant a thread on PULL of his own?

Posted

I know that Chris donates to his own TC live streams to try and boost other people to donate and that I've also noticed that questions asked on the streams are only answered if they're are simple and if it involves donations.

It was about $2 per interaction, but I believe it's gone up. (I have refused to watch their channel when this became consistent on the live streams, so I'm not 100% on this.)

TC makes me feel that I need to pay to interact with influencers, not donate because I enjoy the content of the live streams that is provided by TC.

A thread on Chris/TC would be great, I'm pretty sure there is more information out there. 

Whoever did that edit hopefully never will do one again lmao... This looks so bad, honestly.

And maybe I'm the only one, but to me it's really off-putting that Tokyo Creative claims all those views and followers when they're not more than a network and most of said views and followers were already there before people joined TC. Even if they only counted the numbers from 2018, they're the Youtuber's and not TC's. You don't have 13 million "fans" or subscribers, TC, the Youtubers in your network do.

I thought this was fan art, but they actually used this as a thumbnail?! 😵

Posted

Considering the size of Norm’s head in his own videos and also the size of his ego, this thumbnail has his head way too small.  

Posted

Considering the size of Norm’s head in his own videos and also the size of his ego, this thumbnail has his head way too small.  

It should at least be as big as the 0 in 2018.

Posted

honestly i just follow TC for Emma, and have found a few of the other on-screen people interesting enough to stay subscribed. didn't know who Okano was before TC, and having seen him in enough videos.... i really don't like him. lol.

Posted

It should at least be as big as the 0 in 2018.

I have improved it. My photoshopping skills is on par with theirs (i.e. no good at all)

65A03587-CBBD-4B0D-A735-FBB9D6A7859A.jpeg

Posted

It’s interesting how so many of us dislike Okano. I usually err on the side of liking people but he really put me off, I just can’t put my finger on why exactly. 

Posted

I have improved it. My photoshopping skills is on par with theirs (i.e. no good at all)

65A03587-CBBD-4B0D-A735-FBB9D6A7859A.jpeg

Perfect!

It’s interesting how so many of us dislike Okano. I usually err on the side of liking people but he really put me off, I just can’t put my finger on why exactly. 

Okano comes off to me as full of himself. But I'd love to hear about what he's really like in person (and not on camera). If anyone can share some stories, I'd love to know. 

Posted

Okano seems like the kind of guy who negs girls he likes and treats those he doesn’t as if they don’t even exist. He’s very good old boy frat guy-ish too.