• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jvloggers general discussion thread

2022 posts in this topic

Posted

A discussion thread for J-vloggers who don't have their own thread here (Pretty much anyone except Venus, Mira, Taylor, Kota, etc)

Some examples:

-Sharla in Japan: https://www.youtube.com/user/JyuusanKaidan

-Rachel & Jun:  https://www.youtube.com/user/MyHusbandisJapanese

-Kimdao: https://www.youtube.com/user/kimdao

-Mimei: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimei

-Micaela: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ciaela

-Einshine: https://www.youtube.com/user/ShallWeCraftCharlie

^They are part of the same clique and get mentionned a lot in other J-Vlogger threads especially Taylor and Mira's, so I thought it'd help to create a separate thread so the other ones can stay more on topic. Feel free to discuss other less popular J-Vloggers here as well. 

Posted

I've tried to watch just about every Jvlogger out there and I just find them all so insufferable and I don't know why :alpacafedup: Sharla is probably my favourite out of the main clique though

Posted

I love Sharla and Mimei! I follow rachel and Micaela too but I mostly watch the first two and Victor. Idk I can see myself getting along with Mimei really well and I feel like she's not putting on a persona for youtube (not that the other jvloggers do or anything) but you know.

Posted

Tbh I don't watch any of the more popular jvloggers, mostly because they've done all the same kawaii/weeb shit 100x. They don't really have much originality too them.

The only one I might watch a video or two from is kimdao because I like kbeauty, but again, it's been done before (and more thoroughly by other people). I also don't think her style suits her imo. Like Liz Lisa doesn't fit her face??? Idk how to explain it haha.

I'm a hardcore fan of Kyde and Eric though. They don't do the usual spots jvloggers go to and will often visit other towns/cities for their own personal experience and will share it with viewers in an educational way. They're very natural in front of the camera. It's pretty refreshing to watch them act like real, respectful adults and now behave like "kawaii ugu nihon desu," like other vloggers.

Posted

I actually really don't like Mimei. She sounds so extra in her videos and the faces she makes make me cringe. I think she tries to mimic the way Japanese girls act, but in a very exaggerated manner and it just doesn't look good. A good example of this would be Sharla's moffle video which Mimei is featured in. I love Sharla and she acts very natural and more normal I guess. There's a stark difference between Sharla and Mimei's personalities. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEcJ9e0qlX4

Posted

I actually really don't like Mimei. She sounds so extra in her videos and the faces she makes make me cringe. I think she tries to mimic the way Japanese girls act, but in a very exaggerated manner and it just doesn't look good. A good example of this would be Sharla's moffle video which Mimei is featured in. I love Sharla and she acts very natural and more normal I guess. There's a stark difference between Sharla and Mimei's personalities. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEcJ9e0qlX4

That video was like 3 years ago are you really basing your opinion based on that

Posted

I like Sharla just because she seems pretty genuine to me. I don't go out of my way to watch her videos but I don't click away if I stumble upon one. The one jvlogger I absolutely cannot stand is Einshine. God damn he's so annoying. I tried to give him a chance, ughhh. 

My absolute favorite jvlogger, although she's not doing videos anymore, was hannahinjapana. Miss her videos so much, even if they weren't so super exciting, I was addicted to them for some reason. She was just so real.

Posted

I can't really stand this main clique anymore. I've pretty much unsubscribed to all of them except Rachel and Jun (who I kinda lost respect for after their Olympics video, but they make good videos from time to time). Sharla makes a good video from time to time too.

I feel like none of them make original content anymore, all they do is cover weeby-stuff and if one person makes a video they all make a video about it (resulting in 5 videos about the same topic repeating the same information). They are also all EXTREMELY biased.

I never liked miceala, mimei, and Einshine. Kimdao I'm neutral about (also, I agree with @milkdrinker , I really don't think she suits lizlisa at all! )

My favorite Jvloggers are Victor (givemea breakman, he doesn't always make good stuff but I appreciate that he is always blunt/honest), Texan&Tokyo (Grace and Ryosuke, they are so nice!) and Amadofu (he's not that popular but he is a super nice person!!!).

Posted

Glad someone opened this topic~ :alpacacrush:

My favorite vlogger in Japan is RamandaBDaisuki (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FHjH9pBMYE-wNtzin9TLA). I relate to her and look forward to updates about her growing family, they make me happy.

I think I followed a few of the "main clique" for a while, but like a lot of people said, it gets repetitive and makes me wonder how many more "weird Japan" and "what life in TOKYO is REALLY LIKE" videos I can stand. But seriously high school level cliqueish. I remember right before the Mira blow up, a majority of the girls listed gathered in Tokyo and were tweeting all these girl power BFF friends forever kind of stuff right before revealing Mira and essentially casting her out of the clique.

Not that Mira didn't deserve to be revealed, but the nature of it was unsettling. Then after getting into arguments with Micaela a few times on Twitter I kinda stepped away from the whole jvlogger realm.

I will still watch a few videos now and then when YT recommends them, but they are always a little disappointing, makes me wonder if it's possible to make "vlogs about Japan" without coming off as either a know-it-all snob or just a douchebag in general.

Posted

That video was like 3 years ago are you really basing your opinion based on that

Well it was a great way to show the contrast between the two and even after three years Mimei still acts just like that

Posted

Glad someone opened this topic~ :alpacacrush:

My favorite vlogger in Japan is RamandaBDaisuki (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FHjH9pBMYE-wNtzin9TLA). I relate to her and look forward to updates about her growing family, they make me happy.

Just watched some of her videos and she and her family are so cute. :alpacalove: I love videos like this, makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

Posted

Well it was a great way to show the contrast between the two and even after three years Mimei still acts just like that

She doesn't really act that giddy anymore though

Posted

I'm not fond of Einshein. At all. Especially after his "I Hate Weeaboos" video where he basically indirectly told Venus (or pretty much any weeb) to kill themselves? I don't like watching people who are easily angered by small things with simple solutions, and feel the need to insult everyone. And that's his entire being it seems. He's always annoyed, entitled, rude, and angry. Ugh.

Posted

I've been lurking but decided to sign up and get an account! 

not fond of Einshein. At all. Especially after his "I Hate Weeaboos" video where he basically indirectly told Venus (or pretty much any weeb) to kill themselves? I don't like watching people who are easily angered by small things with simple solutions, and feel the need to insult everyone. And that's his entire being it seems. He's always annoyed, entitled, rude, and angry. Ugh.

I've never watched any of Einshine's videos but was recommended to watch from a friend....not too keen to start even though I did subscribe. 

tbh I don't really watch a lot of Jvloggers because after a while the content is all about the same....I guess my favourite would be PDR but he's not exactly a vlogger so I don't think he counts.

Posted (edited)

I have the same Problem with this Main Clique of jvloggers. Most of them do such uninspired boring  videos (guess because it is easy to get views with them)

I am subscribed to sharla, but I don't like most of her Videos.

I absolutely cant stand einshines Videos, everything is a big weird rant about something unimportant. But shouting and dancing like that is for a more younger audience than me. I can understand why teenage weeabos like him (funny thinf g even though he hates weeabos i think this people are his Main audience)

I really really disklike kimdaos Videos. 1) her accent - somehow i really hate the sound of her Australian accetnt 2) beauty but not beauty channel... P!ease decide. And do it good when you've decided. Her beauty Videos are Boring as the Rest of her Videos and feel so much like showing off how much she Plus as others said lizlisa doesnt fit her. And her makeup is boring too.... 3) editing. Her editing Style annoys me so much, often she cuts her Videos way to fast. It doesn't Blend together. There are Videos where she cuts to the next scene mid-sentence... Urgh

Rachel and jun are nice, they have some really nice videos, but they got a lot of  boring ones too. But they are well made. Jun's own channel jun's kitchen is really great too. But he seldom uploaded there

Besides the main Clique:

I really love abroadinjapan. I am a sucker for british and sarcastic humor and I like his editing and Content.

Life where im from is an interesting channel and the girl is really cute. I lik3 their video s a lot.

Then there is solotravelblog and I don't know if I totally hate his Videos or I like his Videos. He speaks in this super annoying way with a super annoying voice but some days it makes me laugh a bit. Most of the time though I really cant stand it. His Content is OK, i would say it is above most of the main cliques content

Edited by Fischkeks