• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

13 posts in this topic

Posted

hey not really a giant fan of dakota but i do really like her circle lenses shes wears.Does anyone know what they are called ?

Posted

daym nobody responded yet and I really wanted to know also :lamasad:

Posted (edited)

G&G/Dueba Natural Gray's outer rim is probably really close?
This is how the rim looks in the same design but brown:
1470038_688571724495939_868763116_n.thum original picture here, not mine

edit: 
i feel like she might have changed lenses some times along the way but I'm sure she most likely at some point had these

Edited by YU DIE

Posted

Maybe she use Vassen Natural Sparkling Blue, i don't know. Sorry. ~but i really want know too :lamaheadshake: ~

Posted

This is me wearing the Hyper Natural Gray by Vassen! I think it looks a lot like her lenses. I did a review on them here:

/link removed because self promotion is against our rules - johndoe

13223458_490525564483420_2048389127_o.jpg

Posted

Kinda off topic but am I the only one that finds this hella small pupil + hella big iris with a dark rim look extremely creepy? :S 

No offence, you are pretty but your eyes give me nightmares.

Posted

Kinda off topic but am I the only one that finds this hella small pupil + hella big iris with a dark rim look extremely creepy? :S 

No offence, you are pretty but your eyes give me nightmares.

I feel the same about that too. Eyes with a very natural limbal ring (not too big or dark) look very lovely.

Constricted pupils are a sign of resentment, defiance, and general disliking. The opposite of that is a dilated pupil which is a sign of attraction, interest, and desire. 

Also, take in mind that circle lenses were made for dark eyes. The lightness of a circle lens around a dark eye makes their pupils look larger than they actually are, thus making their eyes appear more 'attractive' and doe like. 

There are some circle lenses which look better for light eyes, but most of them are 14.5 mm or smaller. I find that if you wear over 15 mm, your eyes can look 'crowded', especially if you choose black ones for your light eyes. 

The lenses that Dakota Rose used to wear a few years ago were my favorite, especially when paired with her makeup look. latest?cb=20121213213441

I also love these which she wore in her pop teen video. I am pretty sure they are Vassen Sparkling Grey, or something like that with a small defined black rim on the outside with grey flecks on the inner part.real-life-barbie-doll-dakota-rose-model.

Posted

In the first piture she wears no lenses though, I agree that there her eyes where the prettiest! But keep in mind that her make up there may wasn't as extreme but the photoshop was, she looks nothing like this and never did.

Yes, I luckily have dark brown/almost black eyes so it gives the right effect (only problem is how well the color shows up.. if it shows up..) but on light you should be careful. 

I didn't mean that the pupil has to be abnormally tiny, but if you wear such big lenses while having very light eyes it will look extremely tiny/creepy. Imo light eyed people shouldn't wear very big lenses with a black ring. However the dead eye thing is what they are going for, right? It may appear like the eye of a doll but not hat kind of doll that is cute and charming. 

Posted (edited)

In the first piture she wears no lenses though, I agree that there her eyes where the prettiest! But keep in mind that her make up there may wasn't as extreme but the photoshop was, she looks nothing like this and never did.

Yes, I luckily have dark brown/almost black eyes so it gives the right effect (only problem is how well the color shows up.. if it shows up..) but on light you should be careful. 

I didn't mean that the pupil has to be abnormally tiny, but if you wear such big lenses while having very light eyes it will look extremely tiny/creepy. Imo light eyed people shouldn't wear very big lenses with a black ring. However the dead eye thing is what they are going for, right? It may appear like the eye of a doll but not hat kind of doll that is cute and charming. 

If you look in her videos, she wore lenses. There was a whole controversy on it a few years back. And yeah lol she did do alot of photoshop! Btw I totally agree about the lenses. Some people like that look, but if they were going for the one Dakota has, then it is inaccurate. Sure, you can't look exactly like her, but there are lenses and makeup looks that can achieve the style you are going for.

Edited by n.b.dy
Spelling Error

Posted

Ok guys, so my suspicion about her eyes when they look natural and not too circle lense-y is that she uses either Desio or Solotica lenses. Super advertised on youtube and it does look natural (bought them myself out of curiosity and because I had leftover money). That's just my take, because personally all the other lenses listed (i just skimmed through) look too unnatural on me when I tried the brands on. So yeah. I think she wears one of those two kinds. Both of them are kind of expensive but I would guess she does get paid enough to buy those. 

Posted

Ok guys, so my suspicion about her eyes when they look natural and not too circle lense-y is that she uses either Desio or Solotica lenses. Super advertised on youtube and it does look natural (bought them myself out of curiosity and because I had leftover money). That's just my take, because personally all the other lenses listed (i just skimmed through) look too unnatural on me when I tried the brands on. So yeah. I think she wears one of those two kinds. Both of them are kind of expensive but I would guess she does get paid enough to buy those. 

I've seen the Desio lense and Solicita Lense and they are extremely beautiful, but they don't really look like her eyes when she is going for a natural look. Desio and Solicita is used for coloring the eye, the ones I have seen her wear are the slight limbal ring lenses (now she wears more unnatural ones). 

35d39078811f3e388da8b771660070c6.jpg Desio lense on light eyes

159-1620_large.jpg?v=1458970274 Solicita lense

dnd1ex.jpg33mub9x.png

Dakota's 'Natural Eye' which obviously has a lense over it

I don't really know what lenses she wears since she photoshops so much. But like I said before, they might be the Acuvue Define or Neo Vision Monet Blue. Rn she wears more cartoonish lenses though, so they aren't the same as the ones she wore before. 

If someone wants to know what lenses she wore, please specify what timeline it was or show a picture. 

jj-Acuvue-Define-Styles-500x500.png^^Acuvue Define Accent Style21ewbb7.jpg

e9Z_HLF-XE4.jpg

^^^More natural would be Monet Blue or Grey

these obviously aren't the lenses she wore, but they are close. If you want to find more natural circle lenses, go to one of these threads.

Posted

It's just that I've seen the ones with thicker limbal (?) rings from that brand and it looks close to her "natural" eye. That's why I assumed it would be that brand, considering it's koti we're talking about and she probably won't use cheap brands just to look more exclusive, if that makes sense. I think it was called hidrocharm, the one with thick limbal rings. If not she might just be using "seethrough" with just limbal rings.