• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

How private are you on PULL?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been a long time lurker but joined not too long ago to contribute a little. Sometimes I feel like I'm being too personal when it comes to some discussions, of course writing from my point of view and experiences etc but also there are times when you need to give examples or show a screenshot and I don't have any editing programs to cover ID's and such. Sometimes I think it won't matter but other times I'm afraid to get exposed if I've said any private stuff.

Are you open with who you are or are you totally anonymous?

Posted

I try not to give anything away or say anything that I would post on my social media sites, that's about it.

but to be honest, I don't care if people know who I am or find out because I'm not going to say anything that I'm afraid to say with my real identity anyways, I just prefer not to get myself into drama.

I remember once in a thread someone posted my comment and I actually thought "do I tell them?" LOL. so I'm in between, I suppose.

Posted (edited)

I try not to give anything away or say anything that I would post on my social media sites, that's about it.

but to be honest, I don't care if people know who I am or find out because I'm not going to say anything that I'm afraid to say with my real identity anyways, I just prefer not to get myself into drama.

I remember once in a thread someone posted my comment and I actually thought "do I tell them?" LOL. so I'm in between, I suppose.

Yeah, everything I say are things I actually can stand behind but sometimes it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. "Then don't do social media". I still can't just watch without doing anything and just as you, it's the whole drama thing I don't really want about me or in my life. People can find anything about you, just because it's fun.

Happened to me as well, the reason I joined PULL. Someone screenshoted something I had commented (with my personal ID, I don't do ghost users/spam) and my ID was there so I was like oh no crap now what do I do. I overreacted but still..  :stoplz: I also noticed many that do comment on snowflakes instagrams are not their personal ones so I felt like I was doing this wrong.

Edited by Sunflowers
added

Posted

Well I haven't given anything that couldn't be written by million other, but maybe if someone was invested enough, sure they'd probably find out my other social media sites

which i am not scared at all  -tbh i am a bitch irl too 

Posted

I think i'm a bitch but i'm nothing more than a crybaby

Posted

meh i don't care if people know who I am. Unless you're super careful, people have ways to find out anyway. Plus, I'm not trying to hide anything or lying about shit so whatever

Posted

i started off PULL with my usual tumblr/ig name because I didn't really care (and I still don't) because I wouldn't say anything too mean that I wouldn't say on tumblr/ig. lolcow even found out about me, lurked my social media and obviously said a few things that can be considered mean (I'm fat so you can see why they didn't bode well with them) but it was no biggie because they had a right to, considering I put myself out there. On PULL, people even posted screencaps with my tumblr or ig involved as proof for some other snowflakes' or online personalities' crap and Im like "oh hey dat me" lol.

as ive mentioned before, even if i am using a different name rn, i don't really care to stay private because i'm not hiding anything nor do i say stuff too mean or stuff I wouldn't say using my real names/online aliases. 

Posted

I try to be super private and always have since 1.0. Only a few people from PULL know who I am irl and that's because they were people I trusted and have know for a long time. It's always been kind of frowned upon to use your selfies as your pic or leave links in your signatures to personal profiles. tbh it's close to self promotion and it's also kind of stupid. Why would you want people from lolcow or kiki knowing who you were outside of PULL? Besides, attention from lurkers of this site is NOT the kind that you would want imo.

Posted

A lot of vindictive people are on this site. Any risk of getting doxxed is not a risk I'm going to take.

Posted

No one knows my real name or anything

The only thing I have mentioned are age(mid 20s) location and native language.

I dont think its good idea to say too much about yourself though i doubt this site has any creepers haha but you never know.

I do not share my private life or stuff I have seen people made threads about real personal stuff like their depression or probs with their bf

I would never post such personal things on a forum but some people do not care or are not as paranoid as i am. :P

My name and avatar are from the italian cartoon winx club I used to watch as a kid it was a really random thing that popped up into my head and no one will ever reocognise me for that but if any europeans here ever had a best friend when they were little that was obsessed with winx club I may be that friend buahahahha :rageplz:

Posted (edited)

Best not to share photos of yourself or personal social media. On PULL V1 I got ridiculed pretty hard when Jrcach started obsessing over me - he still low key does two years on. Just not worth it - stay anon.

Edited by ElectroGirl

Posted

My name and avatar are from the italian cartoon winx club I used to watch as a kid it was a really random thing that popped up into my head and no one will ever reocognise me for that but if any europeans here ever had a best friend when they were little that was obsessed with winx club I may be that friend buahahahha :rageplz:

Winx Club. :alpacalove: That, W.I.T.C.H., Magical Do Re Mi, and Power Rangers were my childhood ~ :alpacacrush:

Back to the topic: I won't post my face but my name is so common that even with my age and rough location - it's tough to track me down. It's common enough that I have had errors getting other people's mail. 

I feel like as long as you don't link to your social media, post your face, or post any picture that makes it easy to track down who you are you are probably fine. If you are paranoid keep your location and age a secret.

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty private on here, I've only stated a few things about my personal life that could easily apply to a bunch of other people on PULL.

It's best to stay anonymous when you join sites like this (or lolcow).

Edited by Yukari Takeba

Posted

I like to give personal stories of things I've been through when I think it can add a bit of credibility to my point or something 
but never given out my name or any actual details that can give away who I am.
The secrecy of who I actually am, makes me more willing to share personal stories and experiences ;P 

Posted

I am very private both irl and online, when I was younger I shared photos of myself but nowadays I don't. I aged well but I know better now cause all of a sudden ones personal photos could become some catfish face, a meme or even worse, an facebook ad. The fact that I was an early "gamer girl" also made my internet cautions bigger, I wanted to feel like a "bro" and not like an "ho" so I kept my gender and looks to myself. Ofc sometimes people figured it out and then the atmosphere changed. Sexism is such a gamekiller.
Tbh I still to this day sometimes claim to be a boy/man just so I can rant without being called a b*tch :P  and I no longer have personal photos of myself on my phone or computer. I even use VPN with two different locations just to keep my surfing habits more private to the big bad google (futile I know but at least I'm trying to stick it to the man).