• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Misa TW Cosplayer / Misa Chiang-米砂

1221 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, first time posting here and sorry for my bad english.

I just don't know why she's more popular than other asian cosplayers like Ying Tze, Angie, Ely etc with her generic and half assed cosplay. In my country here (se asia) she has a huge fanbase (?) idk but a lot of males who into animes and cosplay are like worshipping her, calling her senpai, goddess, best cosplayer ever etc:|

And why a cosplayer as popular as her with 400000+ likes on fb would sell fansign like that? i think its just a cheap move lol. Is her photobook sales not enough? Even cosplayers like baozi hana can sell their latest photobook almost 2000+ copy (online sales only) not to mention the photobook sold during event and other merchandises, its a lot of money. And misa is far more popular than baozi hana, but she still choose to making money from the fansign. I really cant undertsandO.oO.o

Maybe cos when selling books, they are there in person and when people see Misa IRL they dont want to buy the books anymore hahaha

I think MISA more popular than the good cosplayers because she always advertise and market herself. She wants fame and will do anything to get fame. 99% of her 'fans' are horny guys who never step outside, compare to other cosplayers who have cosplay fans or people just appreciate their artwork. MISA is nothing without her photoshop so she works harder to get and keep the fame.

If Yingtze or Angie or Ely do 'fan service' photoshoots like MISA, they will gain LOTS of new attention and can easily go pass MISA but they dont' because they have talent beyond their female bodies.

Posted

omg i think came across him went i was finding BOA pics ?????

He posted a picture of him and a friend saying they was walking her back to the hotel and he seems to be really obsessed with her, posting statues calling her senpai and such. It was super weird

14370311_1282249975141403_25095833400021

I just checked his FB again and it is deleted ???? So it's really him ?

Yeah, this was him. He deleted his account under pressure from the organizers. Sorry i didn't translate or screengrab all of Liui's statement (it was very long), i just added it there as proof of what happened. The guy apparently told Misa that he was the assistant assigned to him, while telling the organizers he is close friends with Misa or personally assigned by her. Friends over here say the guy frequently does this to get close with/ stalk guests... :<

The organizers have nothing but good things to say about Misa tho, saying she's very nice. Idk anyone who personally went to her meet and greet tho to get their opinion.

Posted

Maybe cos when selling books, they are there in person and when people see Misa IRL they dont want to buy the books anymore hahaha

I think MISA more popular than the good cosplayers because she always advertise and market herself. She wants fame and will do anything to get fame. 99% of her 'fans' are horny guys who never step outside, compare to other cosplayers who have cosplay fans or people just appreciate their artwork. MISA is nothing without her photoshop so she works harder to get and keep the fame.

If Yingtze or Angie or Ely do 'fan service' photoshoots like MISA, they will gain LOTS of new attention and can easily go pass MISA but they dont' because they have talent beyond their female bodies.

Not only that, Misa rushes to be the very first to make a photoshoot of any famous character, take for example Overwatch, Tracer got ridiculously famous and few days later Misa released her Tracer pictures, then people moved on to D.Va and suddenly Misa ALSO has cosplay pictures as D.VA, now Widowmaker is starting to become the new waifu and she released some more pictures as well, then comes Rem and she almost instantly releases pictures as Rem, now on to the most recent example, star guardian Jinx, first of all, Jinx is an already over hyped character, now that she finally has a new skin, people are hyping over her once again and OF COURSE Misa had to take the chance, i think she's the first person to cosplay as the new Jinx.
It's a simple formula, actually. Something new comes out as well as a new character that has waifu potential, people get hyped about it and they start picking waifus and all of the sudden a new ultimate waifu comes out, I'm pretty sure Misa is always on social media, so she spots the new waifu and few days later she releases a photoshoot, i'm pretty sure that's how Misa chooses her characters, by how famous they are atm.

Posted

Not only that, Misa rushes to be the very first to make a photoshoot of any famous character, take for example Overwatch, Tracer got ridiculously famous and few days later Misa released her Tracer pictures, then people moved on to D.Va and suddenly Misa ALSO has cosplay pictures as D.VA, now Widowmaker is starting to become the new waifu and she released some more pictures as well, then comes Rem and she almost instantly releases pictures as Rem, now on to the most recent example, star guardian Jinx, first of all, Jinx is an already over hyped character, now that she finally has a new skin, people are hyping over her once again and OF COURSE Misa had to take the chance, i think she's the first person to cosplay as the new Jinx.It's a simple formula, actually. Something new comes out as well as a new character that has waifu potential, people get hyped about it and they start picking waifus and all of the sudden a new ultimate waifu comes out, I'm pretty sure Misa is always on social media, so she spots the new waifu and few days later she releases a photoshoot, i'm pretty sure that's how Misa chooses her characters, by how famous they are atm.

THIS is the reason why her cosplay are always half-assed. She just want to rush things and all those little details in the costume are either photoshopped or made with low-budget. For example her D.va cosplay with the missing shoulder armor and her mumei cosplay. Her Mumei costume that she wear on the event is so different from the photos (borrowed from chihiro). And if she cosplay her original character it's always sexy and looks effortless (probably for saving budget and show her amazing magic boobs lol)

Posted

THIS is the reason why her cosplay are always half-assed. She just want to rush things and all those little details in the costume are either photoshopped or made with low-budget. For example her D.va cosplay with the missing shoulder armor and her mumei cosplay. Her Mumei costume that she wear on the event is so different from the photos (borrowed from chihiro). And if she cosplay her original character it's always sexy and looks effortless (probably for saving budget and show her amazing magic boobs lol)

Yep, things don't go out well if you rush them, this is a bit off topic about Misa but on topic about rushing things.

In my town there's a girl who wanted to be the very first Umaru Doma in town, the series was still going when she rushed to make her Chibi Umaru costume, that costume was SOOOOOO horrible!!! The cape was well done but the material was too plain, she just used a random long sleeved shirt she found, she used wine coloured leggins (not pink shorts), her make up was half assed, she used a blue dakimakura as a Nekolumbus substitute and the wig wasn't even blonde! It was a Taiga Aisaka wig!! She got her goal and became the first Umaru of my town, but she was the worst and most half assed of them all xD other girls waited and got better results with their costumes even i got the exact wig and a better fabric for my cape. What i mean by this is that she shouldn't rush herself to make a certain character just because it's famous because if she doesn't really have the skill, she can f**k things up, of course she can fix everything with photoshop but she can also re-make the costumes so that they look more like the pictures and not as bad as they look irl :/

Posted

is this really misa? i usually recognise her when she photoshops her face but

IMG_6468.thumb.PNG.b9a3a9a844a031556f869

is it even her?

Posted

is this really misa? i usually recognise her when she photoshops her face but

IMG_6468.thumb.PNG.b9a3a9a844a031556f869

is it even her?

definitely trying the korean straight eyebrow~ this time she overshopped her nose and exaggerated the puffy cheeks. Its what Misa wants to be, but is it her? Nope.  

Posted

Yeah, this was him. He deleted his account under pressure from the organizers. Sorry i didn't translate or screengrab all of Liui's statement (it was very long), i just added it there as proof of what happened. The guy apparently told Misa that he was the assistant assigned to him, while telling the organizers he is close friends with Misa or personally assigned by her. Friends over here say the guy frequently does this to get close with/ stalk guests... :<

The organizers have nothing but good things to say about Misa tho, saying she's very nice. Idk anyone who personally went to her meet and greet tho to get their opinion.

Not to be biased or anything but the guy you're portraying to is a friend of mine, according to some of my sources it was Misa who took him with her and what was wrong in the situation was that my friend did not have any consent to go along or around with her. Idk the full story but thats what I heard.

Posted (edited)

can somebody tell me if the second photo is edited as well?

1.thumb.png.ad59f82dc07339052404453266dd

2.thumb.jpg.cb6e1d7c71cdd252ca11e8cf7a194.thumb.jpg.192a1aff89eead7f6af81434ab97

Edited by bugfy

Posted

can somebody tell me if the second photo is edited as well?

4.thumb.jpg.192a1aff89eead7f6af81434ab97

that face you make when you realise you did not look like your selfie :'(((((((((

Posted

LMFAO :hurrplz:

14516318_1127005084001796_80836733149742

14542603_1108112402569892_20506706923010

Posted

LMFAO :hurrplz:

14516318_1127005084001796_80836733149742

14542603_1108112402569892_20506706923010

MAGICAL BOOBS they disappeared again

Posted (edited)

On the 16th September Misa posted a status on her personal fb about the stalker incident at the Philippines, basically like Liui had said the person mixed into the staff and approached Misa, sending messages during midnight etc. She talked about how disturbed and scared she felt bah blah blah, then on the 25th September she posted another status about how her boobs are growing bigger because of hormones so she's doing more cosplays with cleavage.

I just don't understand, she goes from "omg I'm so disturbed about stalkers" to "YO CHECK MY BOOBS OUT THEY'RE HUUUUGE"

IMG_20161014_045118.JPG

IMG_20161014_045142.JPG

And she also posted another status dissing her fans

"If you don't leave a comment on my page or statuses I'll start hating you.

I feel like I'm talking to myself on my page

I'm starting to feel so disconnected like an outcast

Do you really don't want to leave a comment, or you can't reply to whatever I say?

But I don't want to do "like and share" bullshit posts just to increase replies, I feel so empty, it feels like I have to give you a beating just to make you behave.

I'm sorry but I feel so tired making a video and there's so few responses I feel frustrated. I might as well get to England now, I feel like crying.

----

Ok but seriously can we have a sensible discussion on why I'm not popular? Give me some opinions"

IMG_20161014_052259.JPG

Edited by Par

Posted

OMFG Misa pull your head out of your shooped ass!! 

(thank you @par for the translation)

Posted

as her boobs grow her brains became smaller