• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Popping white heads alternatives?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

This is mainly about white heads, since I've always had kind of a picking problem but whenever I see a whitehead on my body (usually my face or shoulders) I always have to pop it and I've heard its bad to do so, but I find kind of a soothe to it once I get it out, you know? And I don't get too many either... But I end up kind of scabbing them and having a picking problem doesn't help since I always have to pick at that too (I know this sounds gross I'm so sorry) I feel like this will eventually leave some serious scarring... Anyone know of good alternatives to popping white heads and maybe some methods to keep them away for the most part? I could really use some help :alpacaworry2:

Posted

•Exfoliate properly according to your skin type: twice a week if you have thick skin prone to dead cells, once a week if your skin is delicate and once every two weeks for very sensitive skin. 

•Have a good skin care routine: i clean my skin in the morning and in the night. In the morning y use a soft cleanser and toner. At night I use a oil cleanser, water based cleanser and toner. It prevents the pores for getting clogged.

•change your pillow cases every week or twice a week if your hair is oily.

•if your really like popping the white heads, wait till the tip is completely white and then use a extractor (a thing called blackhead extractor, google it). Don't forget to clean the extractor with warm water and alcohol.

Posted (edited)

have you ever heard of hydrocolloid bandages, or also blister bandages? they're these little things you stick on blisters (or in this case, whiteheads) and if you leave it on overnight, it'll just gently remove the substances inside, flattening the bump and generally speeding up the healing process. just search up acne bandages or hydrocolloid bandages on amazon and you'll see a ton. sometimes you may need to get a small needle and just slightly break the skin on top before putting the bandage on too, which just helps the bandage in drawing out the stuff in your pore.

Edited by terezi

Posted

have you ever heard of hydrocolloid bandages, or also blister bandages? they're these little things you stick on blisters (or in this case, whiteheads) and if you leave it on overnight, it'll just gently remove the substances inside, flattening the bump and generally speeding up the healing process. just search up acne bandages or hydrocolloid bandages on amazon and you'll see a ton. sometimes you may need to get a small needle and just slightly break the skin on top before putting the bandage on too, which just helps the bandage in drawing out the stuff in your pore.

I'll have to look into that :alpacashocked:

Posted

I went to the dermatologist because I also have whiteheads. She prescribed this cream called tazorac at 0.05% and then finacea at 15% (I haven't been able to get the finacea just yet) but I can suggest you look into the tazorac cream and seeing if it might work for you. I apply it before I go to sleep and its just a small dollop(the size of a dime) and spread it all over my face.

Posted

When i get pimples i never pop them my dermatologist told me popping can cause scars, pock marks and irritation. I leave mine alone and they literally go away on their own