• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

1222 posts in this topic

Posted

This video was so unnecessary and clickbaity. I don't know man but I don't like at all that she showed those e-mails and talked about this. She didn't have to take up the offer, but could've replied to them telling them so? Or just ignore if and not make the video? If she made time to make this video to basically "get the easy views" couldn't she just have respectfully replied to them and not made this video? It makes Lana and their company look desperate. This just makes me feel icky about Michelle and just further confirms my feelings about her. 

I agree, it seems unnecessarily rude. it's not like lana is known for doing shitty things; she's just a girl trying to become a kpop star with a tiny company so what's the point of "exposing" her for asking for promotions..? imo it feels like she's trying to do the same thing as influencers who publicly turn down huge, controversial brands like dolls kill which comes off as her trying to seem important and like she's someone with strong morals for refusing to promote someone she doesn't believe in when in reality there's just no point.

Posted (edited)

I agree, it seems unnecessarily rude. it's not like lana is known for doing shitty things; she's just a girl trying to become a kpop star with a tiny company so what's the point of "exposing" her for asking for promotions..? imo it feels like she's trying to do the same thing as influencers who publicly turn down huge, controversial brands like dolls kill which comes off as her trying to seem important and like she's someone with strong morals for refusing to promote someone she doesn't believe in when in reality there's just no point.

u forgot that she’s white and dares participate in Asian media ... prime target for Michelle LOL

Edited by Granola

Posted

This video was so unnecessary and clickbaity. I don't know man but I don't like at all that she showed those e-mails and talked about this. She didn't have to take up the offer, but could've replied to them telling them so? Or just ignore if and not make the video? If she made time to make this video to basically "get the easy views" couldn't she just have respectfully replied to them and not made this video? It makes Lana and their company look desperate. This just makes me feel icky about Michelle and just further confirms my feelings about her. 

I agree and also she kinda shot herself in the foot with that? I mean, which company - who'd want to promote any artist or even a brand - would contact her knowing how she just blasted people who done that?

But I guess you're not worried about the future of your channel and possible partnerships/sponsorships, when you can con money out of your viewers' pockets by re-selling Aliexpress jewelry almost 20x its original price...

Posted

Another video with baseless science...

Maybe I'm just cynical when it comes to these DNA kits but if you go back far enough, even just to the beginning of the 20th century, the number of people alive then was ~2 billion, so of course we're gonna find a significant number of third and fourth cousins. It's a waste of money and that really concerning note at the beginning about how 23andMe 'sell your data for scientific research'.

Idk, I'd like some details on that one...

Posted

Maybe I'm just cynical when it comes to these DNA kits but if you go back far enough, even just to the beginning of the 20th century, the number of people alive then was ~2 billion, so of course we're gonna find a significant number of third and fourth cousins. It's a waste of money and that really concerning note at the beginning about how 23andMe 'sell your data for scientific research'.

I just saw the video too.

Also, I want to add that DNA tests like 23andme are not "baseless science", they do have a base, but that base is not 100% accurate. Hence why results fluctuate with each update and one phases with relatives.

For one, I was surprised it was actually 23andme who contacted her for a sponsorship. I initially thought she went out of her way to buy the kit to fulfill some sort of agenda for her online woke image. But, she didn't seem too interested or enthusiastic about the information because the other half of the video was an entirely different topic featuring gifts she received from fans.

Anyway, the other thing that surprised me was that she was half Korean ethnically? I thought she made several suggestion in the past that she's totally a Mongolian girl with some of her relatives living in Japan? She even put the Japan flag in the thumbnail... but she had no Japanese in her. So....uhmm??

On the other hand, she seemed surprised at the Korean too, lol. I know Mongolians can get anywhere between 5-15% Korean, but 42.2% is too high. One of her parents is Korean or half Korean and even Michelle didn't know? Not sure how relatives in Japan factor in? Zainichi Korean parent without knowing?

Posted

Maybe I'm being cynical too, but Michelle has read here from the get-go which makes me suspect her response to her results was curated to navigate our criticisms, and potentially sway thread perception. Regardless of the results, or the claim 23andme reached out to her, it doesn't change my opinion on Michelle feeling morally obligated to stick her foot where it's not necessary.

I'm still recovering from the exorbitant scamming taking place on her website to be totally honest.

Posted

tbt to when ppl on here were like uM excuse me but she’s half Japanese bc she said so in 2011 on tumblr which just so happened to coincide with her weeb phase (which she admits later was a cringey time in her life)

good times lmfao