• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

1222 posts in this topic

Posted

i rly hope someone calls her out in the comments of that video bc she is literally scamming her young, naive followers 

like fine if u wanna charge a higher than normal amount for your original, handpainted work then ok!! fair. not a problem bc while it's not my taste per se, art is 100% subjective. the dollfaces clearly sell well enough that she constantly makes them and whatnot and we have on many occasions seen the process of them being made. she's been pretty transparent about the labor that goes into them and i'm sure the cost also covers the materials, her creativity, the chokers/charms, etc., even if it feels like she is still inflating the prices imo 

HOWEVER, putting $0.50 crosses on a $0.01 cent choker and basically dropshipping/reselling sailor moon jewelry that cost a grand total of $1 from china is.. not ok. she's rly charging almost $30 for this??? wtf man. she calls these items "limited" and purposely hides the fact that these are NOT original creations. influencers dropshipping/reselling shit from china is nothing new, but i've seen them get dragged to hell and back for it. she's lucky she's not relevant enough to be on tea channels bc most ppl find these scams unacceptable. it specifically targets/exploits young, impressionable fans who don't know how cheap stuff from china is and gives them the impression that they're getting this huge, exclusive deal that they can't miss.. or in michelle's case, acting like they're these limited edition items she made and hyping them up to be something they're not. even her overpriced bts charms were more justified than this mess. as an artist who sells her own creations, she should know that selling something and passing it off as your own (while inflating the price to infinity) is one of the lowest of the low things u can do. really dishonest and trashy. the tagline on her store website is "handmade with love" or something like that right? not disclosing that she didn't make this jewelry is just flat out lying. no getting around this fact. it may not be illegal, but it says a lot about her character and how she sees her fans (aka as walking dollar signs)

i was honestly trying to hold my tongue and stop posting for a while (pull burnout) but this is just a big no in every way. 

I think she's definitely inflating the prices, but when it's handmade it hardly matters, bc even if the quality is not as good as other etsy artists who make the same kind of thing, like the ones I posted of the titty necklaces, that by the way are cheaper than hers, people can charge whatever they want even if it looks like a teenager made them in art class. And by 'good' I mean the quality of material, skill of the artist, etc, I know ugly art isn't everyones thing, but it is still a thing.

Anyways her head things always look like a talented but amateur person made it (nothing wrong w that, she obv makes them bc she likes making them). I never really thought much about the materials she uses but after this reselling of cheap sailor moon stuff I wonder how much she actually spends on her clay things.

Also dearr god I wish I could unsee that ahegao face. Everytime she makes an ahegao face, which has been too many times to count, it's unhinging, the make up with the pose triggers my fight or flight response.

Posted

That thumbnail... Ooo girl.. let's not do that again. I don't love or hate her jewelry but i don't think these necklaces: Screenshot_20200526-161448__01__01.thumb

or any of the ones similar to this on her site are worth anything over a dollar.. looks like something i'd get out a gumball machine.

Posted

that face she's making in the thumbnail literally makes me wanna punch her

That's called ahegao, and what you're feeling is completely natural.

Posted

So while there are cheap dollar ones found elsewhere on the web (as there always are for every product ever), I think the main point is: how exactly she makes those sailor moon necklaces. Because if she buys the parts and just assembles them together, then yeah that's low effort and it shouldn't cost 26 dollars for putting together pre-made parts. If she's actually doing some metal-smithing to make that jewelry, then yea I can see why it'd cost 26 bucks. But when I look at the fact that her ceramic peach-ass necklace that she definitely handmade costs 20 bucks but the sailor moon wand necklace costs 13 bucks, despite the sailor moon one being more delicate and troublesome to work with, something doesn't add up to me.

Posted (edited)

Ah, amazing click bait Michelle. I definitely wanted to see you eye humping and grabbing yourself for 30 seconds to promote you "selling your nudes". Clever plot twist, it was all just a ploy to sell some of her grotesque nude brooches, such wit lol... Am I the only one who wouldn't wear these things in public out of respect for small children or?

"These are limited edition so be quick and get them before it's too late". These are from AliExpress (like everything else she showed in this 7 minute advertisement)... And they're like 1USD...

Screenshot_20200526-161448__01__01.thumb

Hidden Content

Hold on I'm not about to suffer through her video but is she claiming these are her creation? They are EXACTLY the same. If she was assembling these herself wouldn't she change something? I'm sure she's just buying and reselling these. Michelle really hit a new low in my eyes. I already think her original works can be overpriced for the quality but it's kinda whatever since it's still her work and she can charge how much she wants. And it seems people are buying her things at the prices they are at so why change anything, but this??

Edited by sadpeach

Posted

Hold on I'm not about to suffer through her video but is she claiming these are her creation? They are EXACTLY the same. If she was assembling these herself wouldn't she change something? I'm sure she's just buying and reselling these. Michelle really hit a new low in my eyes. I already think her original works can be overprices for the quality but it's kinda whatever since it's still her work and she can charge how much she wants. And it seems people are buying her things at the prices they are at so why change anything, but this??

I guess it's not surprising though considering she was also already overcharging for those blood bag earrings a while back, which someone pointed out could be bought super cheaply from like ali express for really cheap, but all she did was attach an earring hook to it and charge like 15x more than it originally cost. But at least with that she actually did create something sorta new, whereas this necklace looks virtually the same :/

Posted

Is it just me or her videos are kind of boring and her humor or jokes falls flat most of the time. Maybe it's because how monotone her voice is when she makes the jokes. It's literally a single tone throughout all of her videos. Bored. And when she tries to express emotion (like sarcasm as a joke) it's so forced and unfunny

Posted (edited)

I think she's definitely inflating the prices, but when it's handmade it hardly matters, bc even if the quality is not as good as other etsy artists who make the same kind of thing, like the ones I posted of the titty necklaces, that by the way are cheaper than hers, people can charge whatever they want even if it looks like a teenager made them in art class. And by 'good' I mean the quality of material, skill of the artist, etc, I know ugly art isn't everyones thing, but it is still a thing.

yeah i argued for and agreed with this sentiment in my first reply. just bc i don't agree with her prices on her handmade stuff, i still think she's free to determine the price bc she made it. we have seen her process videos many times, so i know there's time and effort that goes into it.

sorry but reselling $1.00 sailor moon jewelry for $26.00 just isn't justifiable to me in any way tho. it's false advertisement considering the tagline on her website, and again, comes off as sleazy, disingenuous, and lazy. she's trying to make a quick buck and targeting young fans to do so and it's sad. this kind of thing is often accepted in high fashion or expensive brands bc while they may use cheap materials they themselves didn't make, they still (at the very least) change it up/add something to it or have the brand name to back it up. whether u agree or disagree with this practice is fine, but reselling/dropshipping the sailor moon jewelry for almost $30 i find, in particular, the most egregious bc she's not changing anything about it. there's literally no reason it should be this expensive. it's the exact same thing as the ali express ones, just sold from her store. like someone said above, even the blood bags had a hook on them that she added. still overpriced af, but at least she added the bare minimum. most of the sailor moon jewelry do not have anything of the sort. what's so "limited" about cheap chinese jewelry from ali express?? lol someone explain

and again, it's not illegal for her to do this, but it does change my perspective on her even more. she's an artist, she knows better. hm maybe her dollfaces don't sell that well like i thought if she has to stoop to this level? she portrays herself to be this ~woke~, intellectual person, so i know she knows what she's doing. if she's so thirsty for that coin, maybe she should actually sell her nudes on onlyfans. even if she overprices her pictures (which i know she would), at least they would be original to a certain extent. 

Edited by rurihari

Posted

I'm not sure why some people are saying she should be moved to the little snowflakes section because of all the shit she's done when imo this is the first real shitty thing she's done. the only other bad thing I can remember she did was the video comparing skull shapes based on ethnicity and while it wasn't exactly a "good thing", I don't think it was meant to be racist... she was just extremely misinformed. besides that, all she's done is make mainstream content and bandwagon on certain topics to make her youtube more popular which imo don't make her a snowflake, just pretty boring. 

this necklace thing, if she really isn't offering anything more for that price (like idk, the necklace and one of her regular necklaceses as a combo deal) it's 100% a scam and I sincerely hope it's some sort of misunderstanding. I mean, she's proved she's quite misinformed, but I don't think anyone is that dumb, thinking no one would know they're reselling an item from a website like alliexpress when it's probably the most popular website for online shopping besides amazon and eBay. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure why some people are saying she should be moved to the little snowflakes section because of all the shit she's done when imo this is the first real shitty thing she's done. the only other bad thing I can remember she did was the video comparing skull shapes based on ethnicity and while it wasn't exactly a "good thing", I don't think it was meant to be racist... she was just extremely misinformed. besides that, all she's done is make mainstream content and bandwagon on certain topics to make her youtube more popular which imo don't make her a snowflake, just pretty boring. 

this necklace thing, if she really isn't offering anything more for that price (like idk, the necklace and one of her regular necklaceses as a combo deal) it's 100% a scam and I sincerely hope it's some sort of misunderstanding. I mean, she's proved she's quite misinformed, but I don't think anyone is that dumb, thinking no one would know they're reselling an item from a website like alliexpress when it's probably the most popular website for online shopping besides amazon and eBay. 

I know no one asked for my opinion, but this is just my two cents: I feel like Michelle personality wise encapsulates the whole concept of a snowflake (speaking from a place of psudo-morality, expecting to be coddled because of her mental struggles, a generally condescending demeanor, coupled with the perception she's infallible - whilst monetising her unresearched perspectives and peddling them to the masses for victim/brownie points).

BUT despite this, so far I don't personally think she's done quite enough to validate being moved to Snowflakes. For the most part she's just regurgitating a slightly more extreme form of the mainstream concenus for fame (if you ignore her recent AliExpress reselling). If we moved her to Snowflakes atm I feel like almost half of all public figures nowadays would also qualify. Maybe it's just me who thinks this way? I'm definitely open to different interpretations, I just find her generic or as @mickey put it boring.

Not to excuse her behaviour by any means, because I STILL feel a majority of what she does publically is in poor taste. And imho some of her rehtoric does a massive disservice to race relations, which doesn't win her any favour from me.

Edited by Purinpuff
My opinion is the opposite of concise lol so feel free to disagree, or elaborate.

Posted

new video... idk how to feel about it :alpacaconfused:

Posted

new video... idk how to feel about it :alpacaconfused:

but she is promoting Lana by making this video tho? Even if she isn’t praising her she just informed her viewers who this is and what the produce show her is. Did she think this through lol...

Posted

but she is promoting Lana by making this video tho? Even if she isn’t praising her she just informed her viewers who this is and what the produce show her is. Did she think this through lol...

I'm kinda on the fence about this, because she did make a video about Yoo Lana already (so it's not like her viewers don't know who she is if they've been following her for a while), and she says herself that she's been critical about Lana's style, artistry, and overall presence (she even uses those clips from her old video in this one). She doesn't even have anything positive to say about Lana either, so like... idk I doubt most of Michelle's fans would look Lana up on that basis.

But you're also right that by making this video at all she's drawing some form attention to someone who she says she didn't want to talk about which... is a bit counterproductive, yea.

Posted

This video was so unnecessary and clickbaity. I don't know man but I don't like at all that she showed those e-mails and talked about this. She didn't have to take up the offer, but could've replied to them telling them so? Or just ignore if and not make the video? If she made time to make this video to basically "get the easy views" couldn't she just have respectfully replied to them and not made this video? It makes Lana and their company look desperate. This just makes me feel icky about Michelle and just further confirms my feelings about her. 

Posted

It's just a form email that companies send to hundreds (possibly thousands) of YouTubers and IG influencers. They just pick anyone who has used kpop-related tags before. She shouldn't take the request personally, it's actually a very impersonal process.